VN Unity Abandoned Reddoll 2095 [Ch. 2] [Pixex Interactive]

Pixex

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
Hi Jake2k1, the apk is un the rar, I will explain you here how to install it.
1-Download the rar from mega.
2-Extract.
3-Run de APK.

jems242

Dec 9, 2020
Female protagonist would be a lot cooler, but good game so far, looking forward to see where it goes and cleaning up the grainy images

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
I'd love to see you making a game on unity with such gameplay....
I wouldn't know. I didn't even get to the gameplay as it looks like it was rendered on a 2005 HP Pavilion despite there being what might be hundreds of dollars worth of assets being present.

I don't know if you've been paying attention, but CDPR got in trouble for the performance of Cyberpunk 2077 on the PS4 for a reason :ROFLMAO:

Pixex

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
I wouldn't know. I didn't even get to the gameplay as it looks like it was rendered on a 2005 HP Pavilion despite there being what might be hundreds of dollars worth of assets being present.

I don't know if you've been paying attention, but CDPR got in trouble for the performance of Cyberpunk 2077 on the PS4 for a reason :ROFLMAO:
Yes vehemental, the images can be much better, the chapter 2 will have all images without any noise, other thing is that my laptop is 10 years old, I lose my job and my equipment in the pandemic and I felt very bad for several months, then I thought that I always wanted to do an adult visual novel, so 8 month ago I started my own visual novel, all the code was written by myself that's why the narrative structure and navigation is a little different, I understand your point, but my thought was, I will do it anyway because I believe in the project and I think a visual novel is more than quality images, the other thing is that you are talking about a game without playing it. Anyway if you don't want to try this chapter I will like a lot if you test the chapter 2 because I always listen comments like yours because they help us to get better.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Yes vehemental, the images can be much better, the chapter 2 will have all images without any noise, other thing is that my laptop is 10 years old, I lose my job and my equipment in the pandemic and I felt very bad for several months, then I thought that I always wanted to do an adult visual novel, so 8 month ago I started my own visual novel, all the code was written by myself that's why the narrative structure and navigation is a little different, I understand your point, but my thought was, I will do it anyway because I believe in the project and I think a visual novel is more than quality images, the other thing is that you are talking about a game without playing it. Anyway if you don't want to try this chapter I will like a lot if you test the chapter 2 because I always listen comments like yours because they help us to get better.
Wasn't trying to shit on your project, and I'm glad the problem is already solved. I thought it might have as much to do with the lack of GPUs on the market as anything else.

The harsh reality is that it's getting harder for people to even play a presumably short initial release due to the development time. The image quality being an additional detriment was really hurting you here, but you're right, there's definitely more to a VN than just that. From a technical perspective I'd recommend producing higher quality but lower resolution renders if it's still a bottleneck in the future, so that it still looks good on a smaller screen.

There's a definite lack of good sci-fi projects on here so I really do wish you the best of luck.

Pixex

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
Wasn't trying to shit on your project, and I'm glad the problem is already solved. I thought it might have as much to do with the lack of GPUs on the market as anything else.

The harsh reality is that it's getting harder for people to even play a presumably short initial release due to the development time. The image quality being an additional detriment was really hurting you here, but you're right, there's definitely more to a VN than just that. From a technical perspective I'd recommend producing higher quality but lower resolution renders if it's still a bottleneck in the future, so that it still looks good on a smaller screen.

There's a definite lack of good sci-fi projects on here so I really do wish you the best of luck.
Thanks vehemental. We are working a lot so we can have a very cool visual novel.

Reactions: vehemental
Feb 20, 2021
What is the point of compiling that many assets only to then nerf the image quality that bad? :oops:
to render something quickly, its not nrefed post, its rendered with less light rays and other stuff so the render doesn't take all night. comes out spotty / grainy

Pixex

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
to render something quickly, its not nrefed post, its rendered with less light rays and other stuff so the render doesn't take all night. comes out spotty / grainy
Hi JustPlainWrong and other users here I send you a render example of the Reddoll 2095 Chapter 2, I know that is not perfect but for my machine is OK. Hope you like it and we have listened all the comments here and I'm very exited because I believe this new chapter will very fun and full of the things users want, like a very cool and surprising hardcore scene. Thanks to all. :D
Key Bike Street Banned 01.jpg

jems242

Dec 9, 2020
Do you plan to get rid of the grainy scenes in chapter 1 or are you just focusing on chapter 2 right now?

Reactions: Pixex

Pixex

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
Do you plan to get rid of the grainy scenes in chapter 1 or are you just focusing on chapter 2 right now?
Hi jems242, both, now for example we have a denoised version of Chapter 1 that we will release it this Wednesday two days before the release of Chapter 2. So the people that want to play the chapter one before the chapter two they can do it. Chapter two have the first adult scenes and you will meet some characters that I think people will love to see having fun. We are very happy with the result of Chapter 2.

Reactions: azz111 and jems242

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
it's a side scroller maybe should mention that in the tags... lost interest after having to drag my screen 3 times and deleted...

Pixex

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
it's a side scroller maybe should mention that in the tags... lost interest after having to drag my screen 3 times and deleted...
Really, you lost interest because instead of press a button you have to scroll? I made the scrolling system like that so its more like a book and is easy to go forward or backward and you don't have to press buttons and you don't have buttons on screen in front of the image and if you press scape you can choose the scene you want to go, our idea is to make it simple. So if you don't like to scroll this visual novel is not for you and thanks for the comment and keep pushing buttons that we will continuing scrolling like old school dudes. And you are wright we have to put it on the tags. Thanks. :D

Last edited:

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
(...) my laptop is 10 years old, I lose my job and my equipment in the pandemic and I felt very bad for several months(...)

Hi there again, Pixex!

Just out of curiosity, have you considered using one of those Iray cloud servers to run your renders outside of your laptop?
F95Zone is giving access to community iray cloud servers for free to small Game Developers that are lacking ideal hardware for their work. This may be helpful.

If you want to learn more, here's the thread:
https://f95zone.to/threads/free-community-render-service-iray-server.66967/

On another note, if you want, I can send you the node script I wrote to run the de-noiser over the chapter 1 files back in March. I'm offering this in case you want to be able to batch de-noise pics for chapter 2 as well.

PS: That render for chapter 2 looks sleek!

Best of luck <3

Last edited:
Reactions: Cdoyle22 and Pixex