VN Ren'Py Abandoned Redwood [v0.08] [edenSin Games]

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Deleted member 153573

Developer of Candyman
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
Kinetic novel?
No, but in the current version there is only 1 decision in the intro that has an impact on the story so far... in the next one there will be more.

There's also the beard glitch lol
I hadn't noticed this myself at first lol, but this will be adjusted in the next version.

I'd like to make a request that, at the end of a release, the game not automatically create a saved slot . . .
How many savegames are you making in the short game? :oops:
Basically, I'm trying to expand my knowledge of Renpy with the "Redwood" Project. Therefore I try many possibilities of stuff. Whether they finally stay in or not is then decided by my inability. :LOL:

1. Quick menu is missing Load, Save, Auto, Skip.
It should be there, strange....:unsure: at least I have set it. I'll take a look at it! (y)

Reactions: Geowraith

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Basically, I'm trying to expand my knowledge of Renpy with the "Redwood" Project. Therefore I try many possibilities of stuff. Whether they finally stay in or not is then decided by my inability. :LOL:
I really don't think it should matter how often anyone saves. But to answer your question: I make several saves, for various reasons. For example:
  • I save when a new character is introduced. It's good to refresh my memory if they disappear for a time and then show up again later. It helps me remember who they were.
  • I save at every major decision point. (Doesn't really apply much here, ofc.)
  • For episodic or similar games, I save at the beginning of each new chapter/episode/major section.
  • I save before what I consider to be more important moments (right before tragedy, for instance).
  • I save right before an H-scene begins.
At present, I have 2 pages of saves (a total of 12). Whether someone thinks that's a lot or not, shouldn't a game just prompt the user manually to save? I see no reason to automatically save for the player, especially since it could overwrite existing saves.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
If I am not mistaken, the Auto-Save usually saves to the next available free spot. I know playing Killer Project, that creates a save file when you reach the end of a chapter, but always puts it in an open save slot. So maybe just make sure that happens, and I think you'll be grand.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
If I am not mistaken, the Auto-Save usually saves to the next available free spot. I know playing Killer Project, that creates a save file when you reach the end of a chapter, but always puts it in an open save slot. So maybe just make sure that happens, and I think you'll be grand.
Killer Project doesn't actually make sure there's a free spot, though. At least, it never has for me. I have had saves overwritten with that game as well. I believe the game code should be able to find a free slot to choose where to save the game, but it's not done with that game for me ever, whether that's possible or not.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Killer Project doesn't actually make sure there's a free spot, though. At least, it never has for me. I have had saves overwritten with that game as well. I believe the game code should be able to find a free slot to choose where to save the game, but it's not done with that game for me ever, whether that's possible or not.
That's odd, I have a lot of saves for that, and haven't seen any disappear as a result of auto-save happening.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
That's odd, I have a lot of saves for that, and haven't seen any disappear as a result of auto-save happening.
IDK what to tell you. The game itself says something like "Saving your game in slot 2-6" or whatever and right after that, if I go to that slot, the old save (from 2020 or whatever) is gone and one from the current date is in its place.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
"Attention! Contains some scenes of violence that aren't suitable for everyone."

Which kind of violence? honestly, I can't stand violence on women and I DON'T want to see such scenes in a game I'm playing.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Is the story good?
I think it's decent so far. It's definitely not cookie-cutter, and there seem to be bigger, deeper things (plot — get your mind and my own out of the gutter :LOL:) brewing, so it will probably end up at least decent if not really good. But only time can tell, unfortunately. But I'm enjoying what I've seen up to this point.

Reactions: Wicked Garden
Sep 3, 2020
No, but in the current version there is only 1 decision in the intro that has an impact on the story so far... in the next one there will be more.

I hadn't noticed this myself at first lol, but this will be adjusted in the next version.

It should be there, strange....:unsure: at least I have set it. I'll take a look at it! (y)
this is one of those times where I don't know how to start this review/feedback

But Here I Go

for me Caroline is the best girl in the entire game I'm glad I don't have to wait forever to start a relationship with her

and I love monogamy and I don't like to cheat so thank you for giving me the option to be faithful to her

but I don't like force relationships and Force sex scenes

and if this was any other game I would be pointing it out as a negative

and even though the force relationship and sex scene is with my favorite character in the entire game I think I should still pointed out as a negative

just to be fair and unbiased

I love the game and I can't wait for more I just thought I would let you know

Reactions: Wicked Garden

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Needs a proofreader, some of the English is really rough, this is unintentionally hilarious...

screenshot0001.png

Also find it amusing that the MC goes from having no hair while in the military to stepping off the bus with a full head of hair. Instantaneous hair growth serum! Man, I could use some of that magic, LMAO.

I never do understand why devs use a made-up location instead of using a real place... Mobab? You place the military action in Afghanistan, grounding it in realistic location, but then use a fictional place for the characters hometown, pick a real state and county in Utah or Nevada or some other desert location and then name a small fictional town... It keeps the "realism". Another thing is the hometown is described and shown to be a desert but when he goes to his friend's house it is lush with grass and trees. It's an easily observable inconsistency that should be avoided.

The MC's tears during the "urgent news scene" are disturbingly not tear-like. Shortly after this scene I had to stop, the language needs a polish (chambermates? I am going to believe that you meant squad mates) and the game needs more choices. Perhaps I'll revisit later.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
i like the game so far but the only issue i have is that the faces in the chat boxes being animated its just very distracting. could there be a way to turn that feature off ?
Oh hell yeah that was disturbing...

Reactions: ktoutlaw80
3.20 star(s) 5 Votes