Which main character are you most interested in so far?

• Eryn

Votes: 7,383 57.4%
  • Lena

Votes: 629 4.9%
  • Lucine

Votes: 1,606 12.5%
  • Raisa

Votes: 1,503 11.7%
  • Rithe

Votes: 271 2.1%
  • Murfi (Lucine's Cow)

Votes: 1,290 10.0%
  • Aline

Votes: 38 0.3%
  • Aina

Votes: 20 0.2%
  • Evana

Votes: 58 0.5%
  • Silva

Votes: 59 0.5%

• Total voters

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
Released end of 2020 and its v.0.15b... i wonder how much content got released already... it does look promising tho..
Crapshoot. Worst changelog I've ever seen for any game short of nothing at all. As always, it's filled with completely useless info. I still recall looking at the changelog a year or two ago and finding out the dev was mostly wasting their time making pregnancy assets despite not actually having a vaginal sex scene. I just automatically assume every update is pretty much tiny after that. IDK why devs think giving the amount of words actually tells us anything. Shuggerlain has the same art style but 100x more content, if you haven't played it. I doubt this game has much going on even after all this time. I played it a couple versions ago and it was probably 1/12 the size I'd expect of a 4 year old game.

Last edited:

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
Crapshoot. Worst changelog I've ever seen for any game short of nothing at all. As always, it's filled with completely useless info. I still recall looking at the changelog a year or two ago and finding out the dev was mostly wasting their time making pregnancy assets despite not actually having a vaginal sex scene. I just automatically assume every update is pretty much tiny after that. IDK why devs think giving the amount of words actually tells us anything. Shuggerlain has the same art style but 100x more content, if you haven't played it. I doubt this game has much going on even after all this time. I played it a couple versions ago and it was probably 1/12 the size I'd expect of a 4 year old game.
Yeah tried to read it and check changes in game and it's honestly weird how seemingly most of the changelog and effort is put into having, adding or changing the options to change the character sprites in he gallery instead of working on the actual game. Of course if everything is being drawn it takes a long time with the details the game has but it's weird to read a page of changelog info about how the options to change how the character sprite can look in the gallery is most of it.

While it's a neat feature it doesn't actually add anything outside of getting a chance to look at how the characters might appear in the game in the future during certain scenes, though I guess the assets can be easily reused in game.

sipeS

Oct 3, 2020
Yeah tried to read it and check changes in game and it's honestly weird how seemingly most of the changelog and effort is put into having, adding or changing the options to change the character sprites in he gallery instead of working on the actual game. Of course if everything is being drawn it takes a long time with the details the game has but it's weird to read a page of changelog info about how the options to change how the character sprite can look in the gallery is most of it.

While it's a neat feature it doesn't actually add anything outside of getting a chance to look at how the characters might appear in the game in the future during certain scenes, though I guess the assets can be easily reused in game.
In just 10 years there will be surely some cake

Perfect S

Formerly 'Cesarx3'
Oct 20, 2019
Yikes. After a long wait, seems like another pointless update just needlessly remaking stuff and creating pointless gallery sprites while the game overall is in a bare bones situation considering it's 4 years old.
Coming next: the endless cycle of "remaking the remake".

Reactions: Strong1

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
Yikes. After a long wait, seems like another pointless update just needlessly remaking stuff and creating pointless gallery sprites while the game overall is in a bare bones situation considering it's 4 years old.
Coming next: the endless cycle of "remaking the remake".
Pointless for the people interested in playing the game but not pointless for the developer. doing needless changes and reworking images take much less work than adding original content and by avoiding adding new content the developer believes he/she can stretch the development cycle longer so they will end up making more money while doing less work each month.

Reactions: Perfect S

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Worst changelog I've ever seen for any game short of nothing at all. As always, it's filled with completely useless info.
Seeing as how the purpose of a changelog is to track changes, we made the radical decision to include a list of changes in ours.

A few points on this because it's a bit more nuanced than it seems. The sprite changes we make are usually to add in a new pose or face for a specific upcoming scene, or sometimes to fix something that looks bad. The fact that the character sprite changes can be seen in the sprite viewer are more of a side effect than anything else.

Second note, animating the faces and poses in the script used to take me forever. I have to write a string for each character in a scene and each line of dialogue. I'd have a photoshop file open to toggle arm and face layers on and off to see what everything would look like. All of the new open mouths we added in are meant to make that go smoother. Now every character has 3 neutral talking mouths and 3 slightly happy talking mouths and most importantly they're all named the same thing. That way I can just write the string for a mouth change without having to see what it looks like first. Another thing I did was to add a dev mode to the game that generates the string for me from a pose in the sprite viewer. Instead of spending 10-20 seconds toggling layers in photoshop, or trying to remember what a certain arm pose is called I just use the sprite viewer to instantly generate the string and copy it to my clipboard.

One final thing I want to mention is that the devlog is just a list, it's not weighted for time. We made a lot of small changes and tweaks to the sprites but that represented a very small amount of time spent. Again this gets a little bit more complicated, but we made 0.15b and 0.16a in parallel. Version 0.16a has a new Lena h-scene. That h-scene was about 75% of the art hours compared to maybe 20% on backgrounds and 5% on sprite changes. It looks big when it's listed out but it's really just a bunch of little 5-10 minute changes.

I love the game but it would be nice to have a pubic hair option, not a fan of every single girl being fully shaved.
We considered it but it's a whole can of worms in terms of animating so we copped out and just chose not to draw it. I think in our next game we're going to do the same thing we did with MC's sprite where we add a few lines to imply hair.

new cheat code?
FYI I made 0.15b and 0.16a in parallel, and now that I think about it I almost certainly forgot to take the reference to the new 0.16a Lena h-scene out of the gallery. If you unlock the gallery and click that scene your game will crash. New cheat code is "THEGAME"

jerikk

Dec 20, 2021
I swear the only things that has changed since I last downloaded and played this 2 years ago is some of the sprites look slightly better and there may be all of 10 new lines of dialogue. Nothing else has changed, this project may as well be dead. Which is so unfortunate with how well it started

Sep 27, 2023
Is there still no actual sex scenes in this game yet or is everything just teasing or foreplay still? I dont want to waste my time downloading it like I do every update to just be disappointed about no sex scenes with any of the girls even Lucine which is my favorite girl so far. No MILFs are going to be in the game?

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Is there still no actual sex scenes in this game yet or is everything just teasing or foreplay still? I dont want to waste my time downloading it like I do every update to just be disappointed about no sex scenes with any of the girls even Lucine which is my favorite girl so far. No MILFs are going to be in the game?
The version 0.15 scene was a fingering/handjob scene with Eryn. Version 0.16 added a vaginal sex scene with Lena. Version 0.17 is in the works now with a vaginal sex scene with Eryn. Events are getting shuffled around a lot in the next few updates so I suggest making a save just before you decide who to go to the festival with so that you have a launching point to see everything.

Between now and version 0.20ish seeing different flavors of the new scenes in each character's path from a single harem route won't be possible. We need to get a bit further into the story.

krosszx

Jan 4, 2019
dont know why but my pc detect the exe as a malware or something and it crashes sometimes.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023
The version 0.15 scene was a fingering/handjob scene with Eryn. Version 0.16 added a vaginal sex scene with Lena. Version 0.17 is in the works now with a vaginal sex scene with Eryn. Events are getting shuffled around a lot in the next few updates so I suggest making a save just before you decide who to go to the festival with so that you have a launching point to see everything.

Between now and version 0.20ish seeing different flavors of the new scenes in each character's path from a single harem route won't be possible. We need to get a bit further into the story.
So, nothing with Lucine yet for a while it seems?

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
dont know why but my pc detect the exe as a malware or something and it crashes sometimes.
New versions get false flagged sometimes because it's an unsigned app that windows defender suddenly starts seeing running on a lot of machines. Crashes are another story though, if you can give me any info on where and how it crashed I can fix it.

How far would you estimate that this game is from an "ending?"
Plan is late fall 2025

So, nothing with Lucine yet for a while it seems?
Lucine came 2 votes away from winning the supporter poll last month. Within the next few months she'll probably get a romance path update with an h-scene.

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
Fall '25? Really? Given the story so far, I'd have guessed you barely left the prologue and are just starting to get to the story at all .. is RoE planned as Part 1 of a series or something?
No hate, I'm genuinely wondering, because that's my biggest gripe with the game - a lack of proper story progression and impatiently waiting for the part where we actually get to do something interesting instead of just passively floating along with whatever is happening around and to us ..

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Fall '25? Really? Given the story so far, I'd have guessed you barely left the prologue and are just starting to get to the story at all .. is RoE planned as Part 1 of a series or something?
No hate, I'm genuinely wondering, because that's my biggest gripe with the game - a lack of proper story progression and impatiently waiting for the part where we actually get to do something interesting instead of just passively floating along with whatever is happening around and to us ..
tl;dr we finally hit a tipping point with support and the artist can do this full time. Now that we're in the main swing of things every other month we're adding about 3300 words and 1 animated h-scene. We're switching to monthly releases in July and should go up to about 3800 words per release and either 1 or 2 h-scenes every month. Towards the end of November 2025 that would put our script up to about 100k words with 35 animated h-scenes.

3.90 star(s) 33 Votes