Ren'Py Abandoned Rejected No More [v0.2.2] [RoyalCandy]

3.10 star(s) 13 Votes

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Lil so let me get this straight, you go from playing a dude who got every chick in no more secrets to a dude who gets rejected by every chick in rejected no more? The irony lol

I realy enjoyed no more secrets, was pretty "tight butthole " characters was great as well as the MC and his best bro... This game tho I don't know, the sandbox thing alone makes me lose interest...and the MC, well he sounds like some loser kid who wants to take revenge on every girl who rejected him lol

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Lil so let me get this straight, you go from playing a dude who got every chick in no more secrets to a dude who gets rejected by every chick in rejected no more? The irony lol

I realy enjoyed no more secrets, was pretty "tight butthole " characters was great as well as the MC and his best bro... This game tho I don't know, the sandbox thing alone makes me lose interest...and the MC, well he sounds like some loser kid who wants to take revenge on every girl who rejected him lol
Well, a bonus mission could be to assassinate the first dude.

But it will take some time anyway until this game will be continued, they went the easy way and created another visual novel (with some choices) instead.

• Haha
Reactions: jackkane

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Who can tell me when to update
That might take a while. The development for this game is on hold for the moment, "No More Money" is the current project. Straight forward novel games are a lot easier to make than free roaming games.

Cainhurst

Feb 28, 2019
I do think the game would have been interesting as a slower burn with The MC choosinng to improve himself and get the girls rather than just naturally be perfect at everything but, the open free roam game play was pretty dull and grindy.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I do think the game would have been interesting as a slower burn with The MC choosinng to improve himself and get the girls rather than just naturally be perfect at everything but, the open free roam game play was pretty dull and grindy.
I wonder why hardly anyone tries the adventure approach.
That would be free roam but additional focus on feedback and hints about what's to do next, maybe but not necessarily with inventory. No stat grinding, just "todo" quests. Very few games go that route, some go for a mixed mode to stretch "play" time.
Are these really so hard to make? Sure, they require some more planning (for example a dead end would be if you can get rid of an item before you have used it for all actions it can be used for and we definitly don't want that) and more text (for the dialogs with the hints), but it must be doable, right?

LaVale

Sep 25, 2017
Rejected No More (v0.2.2) Cheat Mod

-Scrappy Cheat Mod not worked in v0.2.2 so, I updated Scrappy Cheat Mod and this is worked in v0.2.2

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Error Fixed

DOWNLOAD LINKS
MEGA

hello, several errors occur that do not allow to continue playing when the latest mod is installed with the errors fixed. Clean installation and new game.

I leave you the first error, in case the mod is repaired one day.

Playing without the mod the game works fine, just install the mod for the money, although at no time did I activate the cheats, so I recommend playing without the mod installed, although the effort for the work is appreciated

NOTE: it would be good if someone does a walkthrough

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/icons/{size=+3}hablar{/size}_idle.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/icons/{size=+3}hablar{/size}_idle.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "story/location/home_livingroom.rpyc", line 34, in script
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 990, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1226, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
    st, at)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 883, in render
    surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 774, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
    st, at)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\RejectedNoMore-0.2.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/icons/{size=+3}hablar{/size}_idle.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Rejected No More 0.2.2
Fri Dec 10 04:07:15 2021

dreamgoat

Oct 10, 2020
I recoment the next best thing .. No more money .. that is more luster oriented.

This one has many mundane work chores around the house,
those kill a lot of the mood and then dialogues fall out the blue.
I think that more of a preference. I myself loved that factor of the game it felt like I was improving myself instead of being perfect and getting the girls IMO.

Reactions: youdontwanttoknow

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This got dropped as the other one got so much more success.
There, the updates are meatier and this lackluster repetitive sand box bankrupt mechanichs
just do not do it anymore.
That new game design and direction took off and is still going.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Highly doubt dev is ever coming back to this one, No more money is a success and he's working on Paradox now as well, another game that looks pretty good, he did mention that the guy who did the renders for Paradox lost Interest so he's currently looking for a new guy because he likes the story and wants to continue the game, that pretty much tells us that once NMM is completed RR will most likely shift his full attention to Paradox and this bastard child will be left on the burner once again.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
This got dropped as the other one got so much more success.
There, the updates are meatier and this lackluster repetitive sand box bankrupt mechanichs
just do not do it anymore.
That new game design and direction took off and is still going.
NMM is just a click-until-your-fingers-bleed novel. As I understood, a free roaming game like NMR turned out to be a LOT more work than a visual novel and he wasn't prepared to face that. For a one man project that can turn out quite a challenge.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
NMM is just a click-until-your-fingers-bleed novel. As I understood, a free roaming game like NMR turned out to be a LOT more work than a visual novel and he wasn't prepared to face that. For a one man project that can turn out quite a challenge.
And sandbox is not clicking until your fingers are bleeding ?
Often with added frustration factors like : repeating scenes, grind, empty rooms/locations and trying to find out how to trigger the next scenes etc.

But no this wasn't a solo project of royalcandy, was a 2 man team iirc, but the game didn't make enough money for his partner and he quit
(tried to make his own vn 'Lockdown' shortly after, which he put on hold (indefinitely) after first release and one update).
I think there was also some job related problems on royalcandy's side and him admiting that the sandbox, coupled with the high amount of renders in this game is too much work for him alone, which is why he switched back to simple vn.

Reactions: Samken and Nemo56

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
And sandbox is not clicking until your fingers are bleeding ?
Often with added frustration factors like : repeating scenes, grind, empty rooms/locations and trying to find out how to trigger the next scenes etc.
I would not call these free roaming games sandbox (even if others do), I played sandbox in the past and they don't come even close. Apart from that: Yes, you actually need to move the mouse and find the right room. And there ARE a few free roaming games which even go towards adventure style gameplay. But you are right, most of the time devs use that stupid "grind love/corruption/relatioship points" aspect in their games to stretch gameplay time.
Anyway: It was not about gameplay (which visual novels don't have), it was about the design. Free roaming is a lot more work.

Thanks about the background info.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
characters look great story is okay hope the onhold tag is removed and the game continues.
I don't see that happening any time soon. Some tit-bags whined until he stopped doing this one and started No More Money. I'd say he may come back to this one after he finishes that one. But I don't hold my breath for it. It is a good game. And a good idea on what to do with it. His first one was banging. Third one is banging. Hope this one is, too.

3.10 star(s) 13 Votes