[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I've been working on coding a 'capture' routine for at least one girl (Stargirl), so that others can see how I had intended for this to work.

Essentially, once Batgirl, Black Canary and Huntress are captured, Stargirl is added to Roulette's 'recruit list', and once you've talked to Roulette about her, she's 'moved' to Lex's 'recruit list' until you visit the Lexcorp Labs, at which point Lex tinkers with stuff and she's then added to the 'target list'. The associated dialogues are in Stargirl.rpy, under label Stargirl_recruit.

This is how I intended for each Heroine to be handled, i.e. all associated conversations would be in the associated label Girl_recruit, and all 'moves' between various 'list pools' handled there once she's been 'flagged' as an active potential target.

This still requires an 'initial handshake' which is currently being handled in script.rpy, but for 'new' girls I had intended for an 'initial recruit check' to be made when a new folder is added to /girls for a new girl. Essentially the girl would have been added to a 'pending girls' list, and then each night the pending girls list would be checked for conditionals to see if she should be 'flagged' at that point in time.

This would allow people to just 'handle' everything in that girl's .rpy file, and the person that created that girlpack could set whatever conditions they wanted, example:

nightly check for new pending girls, if girl in list...

Code:
if len(pending_girls) > 0:
blah blah code while i < len(pending_girls):
$newrecruit = pending_girls[i]
jump expression newrecruit + "_recruit"

---

label Amazonia_recruit:
if WonderWoman_corruption > 27 and Amazonia_chat == -3:
"As Lex is waking up, Roulette sends him a text message "Ask Wonder Woman about rogue Amazons..."
"Lex goes to Wonder Woman's cell, and blah blah she tells him about Amazonia.  She mentions that Tala might know more about her..."
$Tala_RecruitList.append("Amazonia")
$x = pending_girls.index("Amazonia")
$pending_girls.pop(x)
$Amazonia_chat = -2

#Then when you talk to Tala about girls, the Amazonia conversations begin, essentially a menu option for Amazonia appears, which jumps you back to Amazonia_recruit...

elif Amazonia_chat == -2:

tala "Yez, I've heard of this girl.  Give me a few days to rezearch zhis..."
$Amazonia_talk_day = day
$Amazonia_chat = -1

elif Amazonia_chat == -1:
if Amazonia_talk_day > day -3: #Tala needs 3 days to research this.
tala "I need more time, baby!"
else:
tala "I found her!  You vill need zhis talisman to capture her..."
$Amazonia_chat = 0
$x = Tala_RecruitList.index("Amazonia")
$Tala_RecruitList.pop(x)
$target_list.append("Amazonia")

---
I haven't tested this specific code example (so it may need a bit of fine tuning, I'm just sharing the idea here), but this is the general idea r.e. how to 'contain' recruit text inside of each girl's individual .rpy file, hence avoiding the need to touch talshop.rpy, script.rpy etc.

Again, this is to enable anyone to add any girl at any time, as long as they follow the 'rules of recruiting'. Also, the folder detection routine would need to be re-enabled (it's commented out in the code in script.rpy currently, 'cuz lint didn't like it, but I did test it previously. There's probably a cleaner way to do what I was trying to do, I coded that about 4-5 months ago and have learned a few things since then).

I'm also adding an example of 'first time this menu has been visited' text for the Devices interface in the Lexcorp Labs. This is essentially 'tutorial' text that explains how the Lexcon AI Mind Control Devices are handled, i.e. which screens you can purchase devices, and how to upgrade the devices.

I had intended to add 'click to upgrade device' functionality for each girl to the Assignments screen, but that'll have to wait for now. The Heroine Profiles screen has that functionality already.

Anyways, yeah just taking a bit of time to include examples of how things could work, at least as it relates to how I envisioned such things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cult of Ape

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
New update

-new vault replay
-i added shadow to the characters that are not talking
-i added the full event with joker + harley dialogs

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Well... I discovered the high resolution asset pack stuff and found all the stargirl stuff there.

So I think for quality I need to redo some stuff at a higher resolution, which will make my stuff look better in the long run, but means I'll need to rebuild what I have.

It also is already all composited together into normal images, so I'm going to have to break it apart into the way that it gets used within SU, or in this case, SU reImagined. Ah well, it'll be a fun challenge. The good news is it's much easier to edit the much higher res images, but I do have to sorta start over with images.

This is the drawback of mild OCD

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo, in one of my 'waking dream states' I came up with a cool alternate storyline in the SU setting...

I DID remember to jot everything down into a .txt file for later, should I decide to pursue it. It just changes up the setting a bit for SU, and the 'driving backstory', and provides different motivations for what Lex is doing.

Dunno if I'll ever get around to trying to make it into a reality, but it would need some different background art and such. I'd probably just do it in Daz Studio since that's 'easier' although the renders do take a while, but doing it in the SR7 style could be fun too, except that I can't draw worth a damn. But I digress.

---

So my planned drop of 0.26 is being delayed a bit longer, as I have a couple of goal posts that I want to incorporate before i move on. Earlier today I coded in Wonder Woman's capture sequence (i.e. talk to Tala, get the ring, WW is added to the target_list), and want to do the same for Hawkgirl and Supergirl. (Stargirl, Vixen, and Zatanna are already set up). Note that WW and Hawkgirl haven't been tackled yet as far as cell scenes, but I wanted to have a few examples for other people to look at when trying to set up the 'capture sequences' in the other girl.rpy files as they work on various girl packs.

I also need to get Harley's initial scenes set up. I have her LH appearances done, but need to go over her 'history' to see when she shows up where in Lexcorp... I'd also like to get the 'Lois threat' stuff done, I just need to make a new 'warning' screen for that which 'fits' with the artistic style for the Re-Imagined framework that I've already established.

Anyways, yeah, it'll be a bit longer on 0.26. Note that after 0.26 drops I REALLY need to tackle another project...

Edit: Warning! Warning Will Robinson, errr Lex!"

SU_ReImagined_LoisLaneWarni.jpg

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, I've been pondering 'penalties' for letting the threat level go above 500.

In any case, I created a 'trigger event' that happens once Lois Lane gets nosy. If for some reason you don't throw her off of your trail (i.e. you didn't talk to Lois) your threat level will increase by an extra 25 points each day that you fail to talk to her, and if it goes above 500, the police show up at the Glamour Slam and disrupt operations for that evening. Your threat level will drop 100 points, but your nightly income will be greatly reduced. This will continue to happen until you talk to Lois.

Talking to Lois will drop your threat level a bit, so I'm going to assume people will just talk to her anyways, but then when the threat level goes above a new threshold, Lois gets nosy again, and sets up this cycle again...

Capturing Lois after the second conversation will drop your threat level again, and after that, yeah nothing has been set up at that point, although police doing 'investigations' around the GS or MB could be a thing every time the threat level goes above 500 (say a % chance for each point above 500 that the threat level goes...).

I thought about adding a 'shut down for 5 days' mechanic to this idea (not the Lois raids), but I'd need to look over my 'upgrade routines' to see if I can do that without triggering an upgrade.

Anyways, yeah just an idea I came up with while I was coding the Lois warning events. The 'be sure you throw her off your trail' thing needed to have an associated penalty IMHO. It's easy to avoid, but if you aren't paying attention...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick progress report.

I finished adding all of the heist icons (I think...). Although the 'multi-item' heist routines have not been set up yet, pretty much any other heist will be available at this point. The basechances, preferred stats, etc. is of course up for debate, but I put in some basic numbers and values for now.

I'm wrapping up the Lois Lane capture sequence. Although I haven't taken any time to 'pose' the relevant characters, most of the 'basic dialogue' is now in place for the two Daily Planet conversations, including Mercy's followup dialogues. Other assigned henchwomen have different dialogues for these two interactions, but as I haven't set up the 'assign new henchwoman' stuff yet, that can wait until later. The associated dialogues are in the 'code dump' that joepe provided last week should someone want to add those down the road.

Now I just need to add the 'Lex builds Lois's device' dialogues. I'm debating complicating this one a bit, i.e. adding a device cost since Lex is setting up a new mind control routine with Lois. This could be a 'precursor' thing to allow other Heroines to be captured with 'modified' devices that allow Lex to assign the gals to a cell in the Lexcorp Quarters immediately, for a much higher 'initial fee' of course, but that's a whole new set of routines that would need to be set up first, and I'd need to add a 'switch' to the capture routines to designate which form of the Lexcon device is being purchased...

That'll have to keep for another time as I find time to tinker with things though...

Since it's almost the end of the week anyways, I'll probably take an extra day to polish a few other things before I upload the 0.26 update (so two weeks after the 0.25 update).

I'm about to set up the initial Supergirl potential target conversations now, then Hawkgirl's potential target conversations. The other girls (Cassie, MM, Starfire, etc.) will remain on the 'auto target' list for now, until such time as someone wants to tackle adding the 'recruit' dialogues to their .rpy files and set up the associated variables. As I said, there will be other examples for people to draw upon (i.e. Stargirl, Vixen, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Supergirl, Wonder Woman) to see how I have those things set up. The only lines that will need to be modified in script.rpy are these:

Using Terra as an example, you'd search for these lines:
$RecruitList.append("Terra")
$target_list.append("Terra")

and change target_list.append("Terra") to whomever mentions her, in this case it'd be Catwoman, but of course Catwoman's conversations aren't set up yet...
i.e.
$Catwoman_RecruitList.append("Terra")
so for now, leaving her on the 'auto move to target_list' routine is the best plan, until Catwoman's office conversations are tackled.

The other potential target lists are:
$Roulette_RecruitList.append("Terra")
$Tala_RecruitList.append("Terra")

also (sometimes used, see Stargirl for an example)
$Lex_RecruitList.append("Stargirl")

Essentially, when Roulette (or Tala) hand off a girl that still needs stuff (like a special device made by Lex) to Lex to handle, that's what Lex_RecruitList is for. Once Lex has done whatever (in Stargirl's case, built a supression device in his lab), THEN she gets moved to target_list. BTW:
target_list
puts the girl on the 'available targets' list in the Legion Hideout interface. She is removed from that list automatically when the capture attempt is successful.

Note that you shouldn't change the first line (RecruitList.append) as this adds the girl to the 'now a local girl' pool, which is used for Threat Level purposes. Girls that aren't captured yet but that are potential capture targets factor in to the nightly threat level adjustments...

One other note. I've now confirmed via the code dump that Starfire is supposed to be a Tier 2 Heroine, but for 'symmetry' purposes, that and the 'already a sexworker' thing, I'll leave her at Level 3. That way, there are six Tier 2 Heroines ans six Tier 3 Heroines (seven with Kitelass, who will be removed at some point). Once more Heroines are added, the 'scroll' thing will be unavoidable, but for now, yeah there's already six Tier 2 gals...

Anyways, yeah, at this point we almost have a 'game'. An 'almost a game' with not very much sexy content yet (need more girlpacks/girl scenes!) but getting there...

Back to working on boring stuff!
:cool:

Last edited:

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Does anyone have high res assets for Star girl’s spanking scene? I downloaded a bunch of asset packs but didn’t see it.

I can make due without, but it would be nice to have

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, here are the links for the next Something ReImagined build, Version 0.26:

PC:

Mac:

This may be far enough along now for some Android port types to consider making an Android port, but that's up to them, not me... I'll reach out to them in a day or two once a few playtesting/bug reports have rolled in and I've had a chance to address those...

NOTE TO MODERATORS: Usual thing, this is STILL not a game, it's just a gameplay demo, so kindly do NOT move this to the game section as it's just a gameplay mechanics demo, not a game...

Also, just noting, AGAIN, that this is an Unofficial and Unsanctioned effort by members of the F95Zone community to re-imagine Something Unlimited using the Ren'Py framework, to explore new gameplay ideas as well as to demonstrate alternative gameplay ideas.

Random screenshot:

Note: The other three 'Reserved' slots are for Audrey, Darci (probably) and Harley #2. More 'reserved' slots will become available with upgrades. My idea here is to try to keep the 'Henchmen' types in the first row when possible...

This is a pretty significant update, so all playtesting efforts and feedback would be very much appreciated!

This community thread has no affiilation whatsoever with GS Games, and is soley an effort by a few F95Zone community members to create a game framework that is more easily moddable than SU Unity is...

Anyways, there are a number of additions since the last changelog. Lessee if I can remember everything that I fixed/changed/added over the last couple of weeks...
1) Lois Lane interactions have been added. Ignoring Lois after you see the 'warning' message will increase your threat level, with consequences should your threat level exceed 500 after said warning, until you track down Lois at the Daily Planet (1/3 chance each night...). Her 'capture' routine has also been re-imagined a bit, you get a 'play by play' now and it will cost $200,000 to create the special device to capture her (this 'improved' device' allows for 'conscious' interaction in cells without having to 'train' her mind first in the GS/MB).
2) Stargirl, Vixen, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman capture routines have now been implemented. You'll need to talk to Roulette or Tala now to get info about them, and do the associated heists, etc. before they are added to the target list. Other girls are still added to the target list automatically for now, until such time as their 'pre-capture' dialogues and such are eventually coded/added.
3) Joker's heist has been added. Harley will show up at Lexcorp afterwords, but she has no cell scenes yet...
4) Numerous bugfixes.
5) All of the current heists have been added, although a few will remain 'dormant' until such time as the associated content/dialogues are added. I still need to set up the 'multi-item' heist routines, I have a couple of ideas about this and will be piddling around with this next.
6) An example of 'tutorial' text has been added to the Lexcorp Labs, as it relates to devices. Since devices are handled in a different way in Re-Imagined, this text explains the new methodology. I'm calling this out mainly as an 'example' of how Tutorial text can be added in other areas as needed...
7) Difficulty Levels implemented and tweaked slightly. This may have been in 0.25 already, but I made a couple of changes here... You can set your preferred difficulty at the start of a new game.
8) A few more examples of LayeredImage have been set up. Joker, Lex, Mercy, and Harley are the ones I can think of off of the top of my head. See their associated .rpy files.
9) Threat Level system tweaks. This mostly relates to Lois, but otherwise works pretty much as before for now. Post-Lois penalties for going above 500 still need to be discussed/explored...
10) Weekly retainers have been implemented for hired henchmen that aren't currently tasked with heist or capture attempts.
11) Probably a few other things. Will edit this post as I think of them.

Again, thanks to xMendoza , joepe , Perniciousducks etc. for their contributions to this update.

Anyways, that's about it. As I said, I'm going to be focusing on another project for a while, but I'll keep an eye on this thread and lend assistance as my time allows.

---

Quick note: It has been brought to my attention that GS Games has begun their own 'support' effort for community mods via their Discord channel. I'm sure that the entire 'team' here welcomes such efforts and hopefully good things come from this.

As I've noted before, if anyone wants to reach out to xMendoza or myself in an 'official' capacity, just PM us here. We aren't going anywhere!

---

Edit2: Fixed a few minor issues, 0.26 patch file below.

To install, simply drag the /game folder INSIDE of the attached .7z into your SU_ReImagined-0.26 folder, which should merge the /game folder from the .7z with the /game folder in your ReImagined folder. You will be asked if you want to overwrite a few files, yes you do!

Last edited:

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Hopefully, we can get to a point where we won't have to start over each time. Do we have any idea as to what the community mods on the SU are being entertained? With any luck, I hope they would be complimentary to the efforts being developed here .

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hopefully, we can get to a point where we won't have to start over each time. Do we have any idea as to what the community mods on the SU are being entertained? With any luck, I hope they would be complimentary to the efforts being developed here .
This MAY be the last update that will require a 'start from the beginning' for a bit. As for new girlpack content, and 'flipping' the Girl_quarterscontent over from False to True, there'a a couple of ways that can be accomplished in the future. I'm thinking specifically about adding a 'label after load' .rpy file that people can add variable changes to, or perhaps via some sort of menu...

I should note that right now the main thing is to playtest the heck out of the routines, so that bugs can be found, so in this respect 'starting from the beginning' is useful.

I have no idea what's being discussed on the SU Discord (I gave up Discord for reasons) others can share if they are so inclined.

Last edited:

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I plan to implement a temporary button in Stargirl’s menu to just reset the thing back to the opening talk.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I plan to implement a temporary button in Stargirl’s menu to just reset the thing back to the opening talk.
I assume that this is just to 'restart' the conversation from the beginning after you've worked through a few of the dialogues?

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I assume that this is just to 'restart' the conversation from the beginning after you've worked through a few of the dialogues?
I’m thinking it’s in case I break something in my updates or if I make changes and people just want to go back.

Reactions: OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote