[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
The Rampage function was part of the original game but SU dropped it about halfway through. If you bring back the Question snooping around along with investigations by some of the other heroes, (Batman, Elongated Man, Martian Manhunter Constantine and other detective types). You might want to have the villains rampage in their home cities to draw them away. I'm sure that there are other mechanics that can be utilized, but that's the first one that comes to mind.

Reactions: OhWee

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
BTW, What is the SU alternatie universe? I' think I heard it referenced as Earth 69 once. I'm researching what alternate Harleys might be out there that summoned, cloned or otherwise imported into the game.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Macfinn99

The Earth 69 moniker was suggested by Sinner87 in the F95Zone SU Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart thread. So SR7 doesn't get credit for that one, that's a 'community' idea. Neither does DC for that matter. Thank you Sinner87!

So 'white skinned' Harley comes from another earth, and Earth 69 Harley isn't quite the same as Harleys seen in the comics. This applies to most of the other gals as well, which would explain their physical differences from the 'reference art' (mainly bigger boobs and asses, it's an Earth 69 thing...)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I jotted down a few notes about how to set up girl packs in this post:

https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...munity-development-thread.144779/post-9852538

I tried to explain the various methodologies, variables, etc. that are in place for SU ReImagined as it relates to girl packs. My goal has always been to just design the framework, and let others put together the girl packs.

This is for a few reasons, but mainly it's because of the sheer number of sprites that are used in SU Unity, and porting all of said sprites is best handled as a team. I've set up the framework so that others can add content for various girls using the 'girlpacks' formula, and even add new girls, without having to modify a bunch of other files to do so.

Things are set up that you only need to modify say Zatanna.rpy if you want to add new scenes for Zatanna. So for the other girls, the idea has always been for new contributors to just pick their favorite girl and focus on adding Quarters scenes, etc. for that girl, and then sharing a new 'girl' folder which is merged with the existing folder for that girl (or adding a new folder for the new girl being added), without needing to touch the 'framework' in a meaningful way.

Adding new girls is a bit more nuanced, but this is actually pretty easy to do, AS LONG AS her recruiting/capture dialogues have been coded in the associated Girl_recruit label so that the game can 'find' them...

In any case, hopefully we can find a few people that want to help add more girl content. As I've said before, I'm more than happy to help walk people through this, and even if you've never worked with Ren'Py before, well it's pretty easy to pick up the basics needed here. If you aren't comfortable with Photoshop or GIMP, well there are a few girls that need more scenes added (Mercy for example), so that might be a good place to start.

If someone would like to help port over a few of the newer Harley scenes over from Rebuilt to ReImagined, that would be helpful. Note that I set up LayeredImage code for Harley, so you'd need to change her image declarations and such... if anyone is interested, PM me and I'll be happy to walk you through it.

This is a community effort, and more help is always appreciated!
;)

---

I'm now working on another project, but there are a few SU ReImagined bugfixes that I still need to share...

I need to do one more run-through of the current build (of course I had to fix a few things, thanks for the bug reports y'all!), but I should be sharing an updated 0.26A build within the next day or so!
:cool:

Carry on!
:)

1138op

Jun 2, 2018
dude, seriously, this is impressive! I like it a lot and hope it will get very popular.
and if Sunset starts bitching, well you can easily switch it to Vandal Savage trying to enslave superheroines for his "ultimate army" or something like that. Keep up the good work!
Agreed.

And about Sunset, at the rate this remake is going I kind of expect him to contact OhWee as soon as al the programming framework has been set up and the only thing left to do is draw art and add scenes.

Either that or OhWee is a front for Sunset and associates and they are using this forum to gather intell into what people want while working on a remake outside of official Gunsmoke channels.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Agreed.

And about Sunset, at the rate this remake is going I kind of expect him to contact OhWee as soon as al the programming framework has been set up and the only thing left to do is draw art and add scenes.

Either that or OhWee is a front for Sunset and associates and they are using this forum to gather intell into what people want while working on a remake outside of official Gunsmoke channels.
Yeah I wish I was a front for GS Games! Then I'd be getting some of those sweet GS Games bucks!
:ROFLMAO:

Actually, I prefer being 'freelance', then I can work on what I want, when I want. I HAVE worked for other developers before, and was compensated for my time, but I hate deadlines, they stress me out! Also, rendering dozens of pictures each month just burns me and my computer hardware out... I won't bore you with the details here, that's what my development thread is for.

I prefer to go wherever my creative muse lures me... so many ideas, so little time...

My work on Brothel King (in the BK 0.15 days) was all for free though. That's a 100% free community project too. Same for Enthralled and FmF. Those are personal projects (FmF is a team effort), and I do those 100% for free too, for reasons...

See sig for links to Enthralled and FmF.

1138op

Jun 2, 2018
Yeah I wish I was a front for GS Games! Then I'd be getting some of those sweet GS Games bucks!
:ROFLMAO:

Actually, I prefer being 'freelance', then I can work on what I want, when I want. I HAVE worked for other developers before, and was compensated for my time, but I hate deadlines, they stress me out! Also, rendering dozens of pictures each month just burns me and my computer hardware out... I won't bore you with the details here, that's what my development thread is for.

I prefer to go wherever my creative muse lures me... so many ideas, so little time...

My work on Brothel King (in the BK 0.15 days) was all for free though. That's a 100% free community project too. Same for Enthralled and FmF. Those are personal projects (FmF is a team effort), and I do those 100% for free too, for reasons...

See sig for links to Enthralled and FmF.
I look at it this way.
If Sunset is sincere and all the delays and excuses really are the result of a game with bloated spaghetti coding that grew way beyond what was intended, your work would be a blessing to him (as soon as the coding part is done).
If he's not, well... your work would show that his game can ben fixed in a decent amount of time of he'd make it his number one priority for like a month.

I said it before. What you have done up until now is what the game should have been.
I always expected that the game would follow the JLU timeline starting at thé glamour slam episode and use episodes as a basis for events and (ironically that's what the Kasnia event is doing). But instead, Sunset first draws a new girl and then tries to find a way to drop her in.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Here is the 'patched version of the latest build for SU ReImagined, 0.26a.

Links:

PC:

Mac:

This is pretty much all bugfixes. I also converted a bunch of Lex's sprite calls over to the associated LayeredImage declarations.

I also added a menu option to access the Management screen from the Glamour Slam and Meta Bordello menus.

Playtesting and feedback is appreciated!

Apologies for the delay, I've been dealing with annoying real life stuff...

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Macfinn99

The Earth 69 moniker was suggested by Sinner87 in the F95Zone SU Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart thread. So SR7 doesn't get credit for that one, that's a 'community' idea. Neither does DC for that matter. Thank you Sinner87!

So 'white skinned' Harley comes from another earth, and Earth 69 Harley isn't quite the same as Harleys seen in the comics. This applies to most of the other gals as well, which would explain their physical differences from the 'reference art' (mainly bigger boobs and asses, it's an Earth 69 thing...)
Thank you Sinner87 for that identification of this as Earth69. What impact will that have on the gaming aspects of the world of SU-Re-Imagined? Besides the girls all having bigger tits, (Does Evil have bigger Tits? Enquiring minds want to know!), is Earth69 kinkier than the other multiverse Earths? (Alternate example: Jay042 over on Deviantart came up with an alternate nudist Earth and all the villians wanted to clothe everybody)

If Earth69 is more sexually deviant, what can we see in the future of the game? (Hint: This is where crowd sourcing suggestions come in, . . . )

All that aside, There have been a lot of the obvious gaming elements elements added in to Re-Imagined such as fatigue and threat management and levels of difficulty, but to really turn this into a real game, it needs to incorporate some type of conflict, goals and resolution.

Another thing to think about is breaking Re-Imagined into separate chapters, (ie: LexVs Grodd, Lex Vs Ras Al Ghul, Lex vs Vandal Savage, Lex Vs Justice League, Earth69 Vs Darkseid) One of the problems with SU is that they just keep adding new girls, (nothing wrong with that really), but it just keeps getting bigger without really going anywhere. What is Lex Luthor's ultimate goal in the Earth69 universe? It's not just to be entertained. That's just to keep him from getting bored while striving to his real goal.

Just a final thought. Lex keeps bragging about how smart he is. What if he had some real competition in that regards?

Reactions: betazu and OhWee

Oxynomad

Oct 5, 2018
I only just found out about this project and just tested the latest build - the gameplay loop seems like a major improvement over the original! There seems to be quite a few rough spots (e.g. a weird missing revenue bug in the early game from the GS that mysteriously fixed itself later, being able to continue a certain conversation despite not having yet fulfilled a prerequesite heist, error screens, etc.) but I guess that's to be expected.

IMO one thing that could make the gameplay loop a lot more pleasant would be adding the ability to select a hero in the Management screen by clicking on their slot in the GS/MB sections; it would also be useful to have 'active'/'inactive' heros somehow visually distinct in the right-hand side.

I'm not familiar with this site so I'm not entirely sure if you put this info somewhere before but if we're interested in making code/scene contributions, how exactly could we submit them? Is this hosted on a GitLab instance somewhere or something to that effect?

EDIT 0:
In quite a few scenes, Lex doesn't get hidden because he's referred to as "lex" in the code instead of "Lex" (e.g. for Supergirl, hide lex with easeoutright). A similar typo also causes an error screen when the game attempts to load /lex/lex happy4.png.

EDIT 1:
I mentioned _max_chat and _quarterscontent in the previous edit, but you actually already talked about that in a previous comment, my bad. But it's my understanding that this really should be done by an init python block or equivalent rather than a default statement? I'm assuming the workarounds you mentioned is just to be backwards-compatible with old saves?

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Loaded up a save from previous version, and I got a crash when I went to advance the night.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, that and the 'hide lex' thing is some stuff I missed when I went through and converted all of the lex calls over to Lex (layered image tags).

Patch attached below. Just drag the /game folder inside of the attached .7z into the SU_ReImagined-0.26apc folder, which should merge /game with /game, and it will ask you to overwrite a few files...

You may need to start a new game, as a lot of things were changed/patched in 0.26 and 0.26a.

Oxynomad

Pretty much everything has been handled via this thread, with people adding attachments or links to uploads or whatever here. That way there is a public record, HERE, of the latest builds, girl packs or whatever. As this is an F95Zone community thing, put together by fellow F95Zoners, it makes sense to share stuff HERE, with this community.

So far no one has uploaded any new girl packs here, but the plan has been to add links for these to the OP as they are shared.

This is an 'unsanctioned and unofficial' effort, which is being done FOR FREE for this community.

As for the 'default' thing, the way it's coded has been working fine so far, Ren'Py understands just fine when a default variable is declared in the various girl/guy .rpy files.

I also deleted the lower case lex images in previous builds in favor of the layeredimage Lex images, as they were now redundant since the layeredimage declaration covers all of these plus a few other outfits as well... no sense wasting space on redundant images!

Let me know if I missed any lower case hide lex calls and such. I missed that when I converted Lex's image calls over to his new layeredimage declaration, and hopefully I caught everything in the patch below...

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I'm guessing that we will probably see girl packs added before we see any additional game elements. Has anyone made a matrix showing the girl/villain/villainess progress?

Is there a numbering system to show updates and girl progress? I suggest that we use version numbers for game element updates with a letter suffix for fixes and girl pack additions

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm guessing that we will probably see girl packs added before we see any additional game elements. Has anyone made a matrix showing the girl/villain/villainess progress?

Is there a numbering system to show updates and girl progress? I suggest that we use version numbers for game element updates with a letter suffix for fixes and girl pack additions
Right now there are only six girls with partial quarters content, so atm this is still mainly a framework demo. The hope is that others will focus on girl pack content.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Lois lane is capturable in this version? but cant have it
As noted before, Lois Lane's capture routine is a bit more nuanced this time around. There's only a 1/3 chance of finding her at the Daily Planet on any given night once she's taken notice of goings on...

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
Yes, I know that in fact, with the alert set to maximum, messages come out saying "Lois Lane is investigating..." I go to the planet and I have gone 1 or 3 times to give her other news and such to distract her, but the option to create has never come up the artifact or capture it in any way and I don't know what I'm doing wrong

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yes, I know that in fact, with the alert set to maximum, messages come out saying "Lois Lane is investigating..." I go to the planet and I have gone 1 or 3 times to give her other news and such to distract her, but the option to create has never come up the artifact or capture it in any way and I don't know what I'm doing wrong
So if the second part of the Lois capture sequence is triggered (Lois snooping around the Glamour Slam) which requires a pretty high threat level, you should have a conversation with Lois again (1/3 chance again), then go to the Lexcorp Labs to build the device, which will require $200,000, and then catch Lois at the Daily Planet again...

You did start a new game with 0.26a, correct?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote