[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Morkar

Your save indicates that Supergirl wasn't removed from Lex's recruit list, which makes me think that it's not a new game. You'll need to start again from the beginning.

There's a way to remove Supergirl from Lex_RecruitList using the Ren'Py console (shift + o) but the fact that she's still there even though you captured her tells me that it's most likely a save from an older version, so there are probably other issues as well...

This was fixed in the 0.26a version, which should now be patched with the 0.26a patch which I shared a few posts above.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Yes, I know that in fact, with the alert set to maximum, messages come out saying "Lois Lane is investigating..." I go to the planet and I have gone 1 or 3 times to give her other news and such to distract her, but the option to create has never come up the artifact or capture it in any way and I don't know what I'm doing wrong
I had the same problem. I found that I had to restart the whole game. After the 2nd Alert and confronting Lois at the Daily Planet, you have to go to the Lexcorp Lab and create a special device.

I always thought that Lex would have to create additional special devices to capture Raven and the Villainesses that show up later. Maybe correct this oversite in Re-Imagined?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
what does this error mean?
Not sure why that error is popping up for you. I haven't seen it before/that screen works normally for me.

What build are you using? 0.26a, etc?

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
uandas

That's probably the issue then. I'm guessing that you've been waiting for an Android port?

I haven't reached out to the Android port types yet, as I wanted to iron out most of the kinks before I did...

Reactions: uandas

1138op

Jun 2, 2018
I had the same problem. I found that I had to restart the whole game. After the 2nd Alert and confronting Lois at the Daily Planet, you have to go to the Lexcorp Lab and create a special device.

I always thought that Lex would have to create additional special devices to capture Raven and the Villainesses that show up later. Maybe correct this oversite in Re-Imagined?
In addition, mayby place Zatanna and any other magic users with Tala instead of a basic cell?
Device or not, it should not be that easy to contain Zatanna.

Oxynomad

Oct 5, 2018
Here is a link to my try at porting SU's content into a pack for Hawkgirl (it's still rough, but hopefully it works!):

(If you're just looking for the script and not the images, I've also attached it here.)

In order to unlock Hawkgirl's device in an old save, open the console with Shift + O and enter the command:

Code:
Hawkgirl_quarterscontent = True
Sorry, I don't know any other way to get around this, as old defaults get saved and loaded.

OhWee this is probably a fairly rough port, as this is my first time working with Ren'Py. One thing that I didn't implement is the costume switcher - partly because it seemed a little intimidating, but also because I was kind of confused by how your example code treats nudity and outfits as separate dimensions. This seems to result in quite a bit of redundancy in Hawkgirl's case (as you can see from the duplicated images in the pack). I was also a bit confused as to how corruption was supposed to map over in this specific case. In each relevant scene, the script does increment the corruption level, but I decided to use separate counters for conversation checks instead. I also wasn't sure what to do with some of the constants/global variables, so perhaps you or someone else could take a look at what I did to see if it makes any sense or if I broke anything? In any case, I hope this helps!

It's worth noting that this is an opinionated port of the dialogue. I went over it looking for typos and grammar issues at first, but ended up changing anything that seemed unidiomatic, non-native, overly repetitive, incongruent with previous dialogue, or sufficiently out-of-character. I also added a bit more custom dialogue to fill in a couple of gaps. I tried to match the emphasis (italics/bold) with what I saw in the other scripts. Perhaps this is subjective, but I think it's a definite improvement: let me know what you think.

I probably made a few more mistakes, so feel free to take a look at the code and fix things up. Extra pairs of eyes and hands can't hurt!

Reactions: xMendoza

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Here is a link to my try at porting SU's content into a pack for Hawkgirl (it's still rough, but hopefully it works!):

(If you're just looking for the script and not the images, I've also attached it here.)

In order to unlock Hawkgirl's device in an old save, open the console with Shift + O and enter the command:

Code:
Hawkgirl_quarterscontent = True
Sorry, I don't know any other way to get around this, as old defaults get saved and loaded.

OhWee this is probably a fairly rough port, as this is my first time working with Ren'Py. One thing that I didn't implement is the costume switcher - partly because it seemed a little intimidating, but also because I was kind of confused by how your example code treats nudity and outfits as separate dimensions. This seems to result in quite a bit of redundancy in Hawkgirl's case (as you can see from the duplicated images in the pack). I was also a bit confused as to how corruption was supposed to map over in this specific case. In each relevant scene, the script does increment the corruption level, but I decided to use separate counters for conversation checks instead. I also wasn't sure what to do with some of the constants/global variables, so perhaps you or someone else could take a look at what I did to see if it makes any sense or if I broke anything? In any case, I hope this helps!

It's worth noting that this is an opinionated port of the dialogue. I went over it looking for typos and grammar issues at first, but ended up changing anything that seemed unidiomatic, non-native, overly repetitive, incongruent with previous dialogue, or sufficiently out-of-character. I also added a bit more custom dialogue to fill in a couple of gaps. I tried to match the emphasis (italics/bold) with what I saw in the other scripts. Perhaps this is subjective, but I think it's a definite improvement: let me know what you think.

I probably made a few more mistakes, so feel free to take a look at the code and fix things up. Extra pairs of eyes and hands can't hurt!
OK, so I'm looking over your code, and about the nekkid thing...

Did you upscale Hawkgirl's conversational sprites by 5%? Or some other value based on a height listed in the DCAU database, etc?

A few of the 'conventions' r.e. girlpacks are listed in post #5 of this thread:
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...munity-development-thread.144779/post-9852538

Nekkid is outfit69. There's a nuance here, as the 'masked' version would be 69 and the 'unmasked' version would be 69n, but as Hawkgirl doesn't wear a mask usually in SU (which is weird as she's often seen wearing a mask in the comics/animation) yeah...

So, while not critical for the body sprite, I probably would have labeled:
Hawkgirl_body_naked
as
Hawkgirl_body69

R.E. Corruption Level and 'conversation counts'.

This is covered in a couple of places on Page 1, but essentially there is Corruption and CorruptionLevel.

Corruption has a range of 30, with the idea being that initial conversations will raise the corruption level to 6. Level 6 is when the dancing begins. 12 is where the stripping happens, etc. etc..

With Hawkgirl, she doesn't have spanking scenes currently, so each time she dances, you'd add 2 to her corruption stat (8, 10, 12). And when she strips, you add another 3 (so 15).

Then, rather than using the 'dance_count' you'd just reference corruptionlevel, i.e. in the menu:

"Dance" if Hawkgirl_corruptionlevel >= 6:
jump Hawkgirl_dance
"Strip" if Hawkgirl_corruptionlevel >= 12:
jump Hawkgirl_strip

And reference Hawkgirl_corruption in the labels instead of dance_count or whatever.

Now, there is a nuance here. There's a 'new idea' that's been introduced into the cell scenes, that is allowing the player to have up to three interactions for certain activities. This is why the above menu items reference Hawkgirl_corruptionlevel and not Hawkgirl_corruption directly.

What corruptionlevel does is 'cap' which activity you will be allowed to do when interacting with a girl that day. so you could do up to three activities, as long as you don't 'progress' above the max allowed activitiy for that day.

Example:
Hawkgirl_corruption is 15, which would (not) allow wingjobs. Personally I would have loved to have seen wingjobs, but SR7 punted and just went straight to blowjobs... (Also, why not handjob?)

So Hawkgirl_corruptionlevel is set to 15 when you first enter her cell, which would 'unlock' wingjob. So you could choose any activity up to Wingjob.

There's a nuance here thanks to the (not) Wingjob thing. In the menu, you'd do:
"Wingjob" if Hawkgirl_corruptionlevel == 15 and Hawkgirl_corruption == 15
jump Hawkgirl_oral
"Blowjob" if Hawkgirl_corruptionlevel >= 15 and Hawkgirl_corruption >= 19
jump Hawkgirl_oral

Then award 4 corruption points for the first blowjob (sets corruption to 19), 1 corruption point each for the second and third, and of course 0 corruption points for subsequent blojobs...

I'd rather see a wingjob though, but yeah until someone makes art for a wingjob...

Anyways, back to your oral label. Again, rather than referencing oral_count, you just reference corruption level, i.e.:
if Hawkgirl_corruption == 15:
instead of Hawkgirl_oral_count (+4 corruption)
if Hawkgirl_corruption == 19:
for the second blowjob (+1 corruption)
and Hawkgirl_corruption == 20
for the third blowjob, (+1 corruption) and
if Hawkgirl_corruption >= 21
for the 4th and subsequent blowjobs, which do not increase corruption any further.

So back to Hawkgirl_interactions, if a player wanted to, he could have Hawkgirl do 3 blowjobs in one session (to get the 'rule of 3 out of the way), or he could 'mix things up' and say have her dance first, then strip, then do a blowjob).

Initial conversation still suck up 3 interaction points of course. That way you can't just blow through three conversations in one day. Later conversations can be tied to Hawkgirl_talk_day, so that you can 'lock out' additional conversations that day. This is a bridge that hasn't been crossed yet, but say if Hawkgirl has new information to share after giving a third blowjob or whatever, you'd do:

"Hawkgirl_max_chat += 1 (or whatever you need)

"Talk" if Hawkgirl_talk_day < day:
if Hawkgirl_chat >= Hawkgirl_max_chat
jump Hawkgirl_talk_nothing_else
else:
jump expression "Hawkgirl_talk" + str(Hawkgirl_chat)

Note that ANY activity should set Hawkgirl_talk_day = day, which could lock out the opportunity to talk to Hawkgirl that day if you decide to do something else first. I do not have a problem with that.

In Zatanna.rpy (for reference), note that there is NOT a separate action menu. This was done mainly to eliminate a 'click/step' to get to the sexy fun time, but note that "Talk" is at the top of the menu.

Also note that at the top of Zatanna_room, there's a bit of record keeping going on. To :
If Zatanna_talk_day < day:
$Zatanna_interactions = 0
$Zatanna_corruptionlevel = Zatanna_corruption

This is followed by:
If Zatanna_talk_day == day and Zatanna_interactions > 2:
(snip)
"You've already talked to Zatanna today.

so the idea here is that if Zatanna_interactions > 2, you get locked out of her room. Note that the initial conversations with Zatanna add 3 to interactions, but that later activities only add 1.

Zatanna_talk_day is still referenced to set up the 'first time room is entered' variable adjustments.

---

Now, as to how to 'unlock' Hawkgirl_quarterscontent = True, this would require a 'label after load' which I haven't introduced yet. So accessing the Renpy console (shift+ o), as you described, is how to handle that for now. Or just start a new game from the beginning. I could also add a check in script.rpy as part of the 'end of night' routine I suppose, but label after load only needs to be odne once... I'll probably make that a separate file though, so that people don't need to mess with script.rpy...

---

Anyways, that's my thoughts on your Hawkgirl.rpy coding. Hawkgirl_corruption is designed precisely to eliminate the need for sub-variables, but as I noted on page one of this thread, it requires 'fine tuning' the corruption rewards for activities so that you can 'hit' the goalposts. This is also why Hawkgirl_talk_day exists, it eliminates the need to have a 'True/False' switch that needs to be reset each day, as you can just check against the day.

Your way will work too, but I'm just trying to keep the variable counts to a minimum, consolidating a few things into 'master' stats.

One other note. Outfit0n, 1n, etc. are designed to be 'mostly nude' sprites. This came about because of Artemis and Batgirl having 'mostly naked' outfits in the Glamour Slam, where they essentially have their naughty bits uncovered but are still wearing masks, gloves, belts, etc.. Note that for Zatanna I created a few new body sprites for this state, and that Hawkgirl currently doesn't have 'mostly nude' sprites so for now what you did is fine. But if you were to say go into Photoshop and 'adjust' a few costumes (i.e. overlay the 'clothed' sprite over the nekkid sprite and then erase the bits covering her breasts and pussy...), then those would be assigned to the 'n' variants.

Hope this helps!
;)

Last edited:

1138op

Jun 2, 2018
OhWee
About the three interactions (which I greatly approve of), mayby adjust the dialogue so multiple uses of the same option get commented on by Lex and the girl in question?

GGAdams

Mar 19, 2022
  • Hi, just tried your version. I think there is some great potential and some cool ideas, but there is also a lot of flaws that I wanted to share with you.

• I'm not a fan of the TV interface when sleeping at all, like the main option in the menu is sleep another night, which should be more like going on your day. But anyway I like that you stayed in the main city area
  • also some very bad design idea is showing NSFW content when starting the game. The goal in this kind of game is to grind to access nude content, so showing some early is bad designs. It's part of the main core appeal of this type of game, you need to tease and show less as possible (so I really don't like the idea of showing sexy pictures of them in the TV screen)
  • a lot of the menus also are confusing and took me a while to understand how it works, even so, it's actually less efficient than the original game, which should be the reverse for a remake
  • I don't like the big zoom on scenes, the images are not designed to be zoomed like that, it looks bad and slow, and I prefer seeing a more sharper image overall
  • when you select girls for the glamour slam for example, you have to first click on the character, and then click on another button to assign and then choose. It's not intuitive and longer, all should be accessible in two clicks
  • having shortcuts of other menu and navigation in other menus is more confusing than anything. You would benefit from having a clearer navigation with simple and consistent shortcuts.
  • Some UI elements are too big and noisy in your peripheral vision, like the threat bar. The less the better.

And then there is not enough content, which makes me think that it maybe very hard to get to finish it. But if you manage to make it very moddable and fix all the flaws, it could be great and become its own thing too. If at Sunset is okay with this kind of project. Good luck

Reactions: vireker

1138op

Jun 2, 2018
  • Hi, just tried your version. I think there is some great potential and some cool ideas, but there is also a lot of flaws that I wanted to share with you.

• I'm not a fan of the TV interface when sleeping at all, like the main option in the menu is sleep another night, which should be more like going on your day. But anyway I like that you stayed in the main city area
  • also some very bad design idea is showing NSFW content when starting the game. The goal in this kind of game is to grind to access nude content, so showing some early is bad designs. It's part of the main core appeal of this type of game, you need to tease and show less as possible (so I really don't like the idea of showing sexy pictures of them in the TV screen)
  • a lot of the menus also are confusing and took me a while to understand how it works, even so, it's actually less efficient than the original game, which should be the reverse for a remake
  • I don't like the big zoom on scenes, the images are not designed to be zoomed like that, it looks bad and slow, and I prefer seeing a more sharper image overall
  • when you select girls for the glamour slam for example, you have to first click on the character, and then click on another button to assign and then choose. It's not intuitive and longer, all should be accessible in two clicks
  • having shortcuts of other menu and navigation in other menus is more confusing than anything. You would benefit from having a clearer navigation with simple and consistent shortcuts.
  • Some UI elements are too big and noisy in your peripheral vision, like the threat bar. The less the better.

And then there is not enough content, which makes me think that it maybe very hard to get to finish it. But if you manage to make it very moddable and fix all the flaws, it could be great and become its own thing too. If at Sunset is okay with this kind of project. Good luck
I disagree on the tv. I like quality of life content like that. In time it could be expanded with events like the yacht party. Lex should be to busy to go to the GS each night.

The NSFW content is a placeholder for now I think. But In do agree in that only content you unlocked should be shown.

As of right now, menu's are indeed a bit confussing at first, but at least it's a system you need to manage instead of a cursorclick grind.
I'm sure they'll improve once all the main coding is finished.

Bare the amount of content, this re-imagined SU is leaps ahead of the game that it's based upon.
Keep at it OhWee

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for the feedback y'all!

OK, a couple of things.

Right now this is still a proof of concept demo. As such, there should be room for improvement.

I'm guessing that the 'I need a BJ stat' thing is what is triggering a couple of people. The ONLY reason this exists is to point other modder types at what I did to 'port over' the respective animation from SU Unity over to Ren'Py. Other animations may be a bit more complex, but my point is that a 'loop' routine can accomplish this, without having to code each animation image individually. I think there are like 120+ frames being shown in that animation.

It was never intended to 'stay', as I said, it's there now so that others can look at it from a 'code example' perspective. My hope is that when someone else decides to tackle the animations, that I've given them a decent starting point that SHOULD save them some time...

There's been a couple of comments about not being able to click on the gals at the left to select them. I think I need to explain this from a 'logical' standpoint.

The gal that is selected for the profile pic (from the picker window at the right) is the 'focus', and (assuming that she is otherwise eligible device level wise), she can 'kick' any other girl out of their slot and replace them. Hence, the gal that is selected in the 'profile' box is the one that you are moving around.

That being said, the 'unassign' button is a bit of a kludge as sometimes Ren'Py gets confused for whatever reason, and girls end up getting 'stuck' if that makes sense, and USUALLY you can click unassign to 'remove' her from whatever assignment she currently has.

Occasionally though, the 'unassign' button gets 'locked out', so you end up either jumping to the profile screen and use the assignment menu there, or you can assign her to a slot and then remove her again to 'reset' the assignment slot routine.

I haven't figured out how to 'fix' that glitch yet, but at least there's a workaround. Python still isn't my Jam, and I do well enough for Ren'Py, but this is a level of coding that I simply have never attempted before. My hope has been that some coding genius would come in behind me and fix the routines.

So yeah, it's not perfect, but it works. As for the comment that the 'SU Unity' methodologies are faster, it'd be fun to have a 'click contest' to see how many clicks it takes to do various things in SU Unity vs. ReImagined...

The 'end of night' routines are 'extra clicks' now, but they also add new functionality that reduce the number of clicks to do other things and jump right in to scheduling or whatever at the beginning of the next night.

As for gals being 'zoomed', well they were being zoomed already in a few of the animations to much larger sizes for animations (the 'panning' thing is the Rebuilt/ReImagined attempt to replicate those camera moves). The SU source art is at a much lower resolution than what's shared in the HD Asset packs. At least one girl pack builder is actually attempting to port over as much of the 'HD Asset' art as he can...

In any case, right now I'm focused on other things for a bit, so for now it's up to girl pack builders to add new content if they are so inclined. The framework works, with a couple of loose ends (Meta Bordello mainly), so things are in pretty good shape at the moment.

Carry on!
;)

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Okay, elephant in the room question time, . . . Who is working on additional girl packs and is there anyone perspn or entity that is co-ordinating into an updated version build?

GGAdams

Mar 19, 2022
If it doesn't feel good, it isn't good. I think from a dev stad point it could makes sense, but as a player there is way too much menus. The game is simple and you made it looks way more complex than it is. But anyway, the main thing is that it should work too. But I think that the slow transitions and big zoom is not great.

For the NSFW content it's not just about bj scene, because I understand that it was just for showcasing, I meant any NSFW content. There is reason there is none when you start. Again it's the pursuit of NSFW content that drives the player so it's important to be hidden from the player and be unlocked, as the game is designed. There is even nude pics of the characters in the main icons, like Lex room....

I'm all for your project to make it a new version with different features and modding, but don't break what the original game did right. And I say this because I'm interested in your project. Good luck.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote