[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'd love to see a Daz-ifyed version of the game. If you're going to go that far, . . . might as well merge the DC and Marvel Universes. You could even include using the cloning lab to create the Amalgam versions
The main thing here would be accumulating all of the needed renders, and of course trying to capture the DCAU likenesses reasonably well.

I've taken stabs at a few of the other characters already, although Roulette's snake tattoo is rather intimidating hence why I haven't attempted to make a skin texture for it yet...

A few of my other stabs at 'Daz-ifying' a few of the other characters over the last year or so are here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/enthrall...and-my-other-works-projects.3381/post-9675411

Dee Vious and the Seven Deadly Sins are Daz creations, although I did tweak them to taste. If I do take my own stab at a brothel management game, they would be featured of course... That's also where Kite Lass comes from. There's also UnderBoobGirl and Wonder Celia...

Part of me would also want to include Captain Dee Gordon in some capacity of course...

Captain Gordon (as played by MMA personality Don Frye) was just pure awesomeness in Godzilla: Final Wars. That movie is seriously over the top and just silly, and on my 'must watch at least once a year' movies list...

Godzilla is a serious boss in that movie! Also, the bike swatting scene...

But I digress...

---

It'd be pretty easy for others to find assets for most of the characters (this is a Buccaneer forum after all) if we could come up with reasonable facsimiles, but if I wanted to do something along these lines and maybe monetize it, I'd have to restructure the framework a decent amount to make it 'unique'. But if I could manage to assemble a small team to crank out renders of various characters, it'd be a lot of fun I think!

I DO have an alternate storyline in mind for ReImagined already, but its in my massive 'to do' list ATM... I have so many ideas I'd like to explore someday, it's kind of intimidating...

• Love
Reactions: Macfinn99

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
Hi, so a few years ago I had an idea for SU, a battle system, but yeah... so now that I'm working on this remake, maybe I can make that system myself. A card game like gwent, hearthstone, etc. Here is a concept I made. I want opinions on this idea if I should do this or not.
View attachment 2548260

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A quick note:

So I have the Tala relic heists dialogue coded, along with the associated heists. I haven't done anything with Tala's dialogue poses however, I just went with a 'placeholder' pose for now.

So I looked over Harley's scenes in SU Rebuilt, and there's an issue. I've set up Harley in SU Re-Imagined with LayeredImage, and have purged the 'assembled' sprites and associated calls.

As I've noted, I'm only piddling around with SU at this point, so in order to add the other Harley scenes, we'd need someone to port over the dialogue from ReBuilt, and convert the image calls over to the layered image tags.

We also need someone to go through some of the other scenes (such as the Tala summoning relics dialogues as an example) and add the various conversational poses using the layered image calls for Lex and Tala. The dialogue is done, but the 'show sprite' calls need to be added.

This is actually fairly easy to do, but it would perhaps require comparing scenes with SU Unity as needed, and of course choosing the right expressions and such to reflect the moods in the various conversations.

So if there's someone out there that is willing to help with this, help would be very much appreciated!

--

At some point, I'd like to introduce the story modifications I have in mind for an 'alternate take' on the ReImagined backstory, but that's down the road a bit. It would involve incorporating a few new characters (such as PowerGirl and the alternate take on Wonder Woman from JL:GoM), and there would be a pregnancy subplot of sorts (this is nuanced, but I don't want to spoil it). This relates to some artwork that I shared not too long ago...

Anyways, yeah, ideas for later...

---

I've made a few minor adjustments to a few things and fixed a bug that was reported a bit ago now... I noted that the Lexcorp Security upgrade was referencing the Legion Hideout level instead of the Lexcorp Defenses level (oops!). That is now fixed and will be in the next build.

I also added a 'numerical' reference to the threat level meter on the city map screen. This is mainly so that people can get a better feel for how much the threat level is going up and down after doing various things, and also to give them an idea of how much the threat level is above 500 when the threat level meter is maxed, which locks out scheduling of heists and captures until the threat level drops below 500...

As mentioned before, the other significant change is allowing people to increase device levels from the Management and Assignment screens, as well as the Profile screen.

I still need to finish and test my code modifications for Hawkgirl and perhaps resize a few of the sprites...

So it'll be a bit longer. If anyone wants to PM me to help out with some of the various loose ends, help is very much appreciated!
:cool:

Reactions: betazu and Morkar

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I had proposed earlier that Grodd would be the first major opponent for Luthor in any conflict system. Additionally that he would be recruiting other villains to create his own "League of Villainy". It occurred to me that with the way that SSR was vacuuming up any and all available heroines and villainesses for GS, MB and Luthor's own personal harem, that I should establish a roster for Grodd's "Army of Grodd", (pun intended), before there were no females left to be represented in Grodd's Legion, (harem?). Here's what I came up with for an initial group, . . .

Grodd's League of Villainy 001b.jpg

From left to right: Ultrahumanite, Clayface, Red Claw, Captain Boomerang, Silver Banshee, Deathstroke, Heatwave, Atrocitus, Captain Cold, Roxy Rocket, Solomon Grundy, Zoom, Felix Faust and Rampage.

Others that I had considered were: Polaris, Arthur (Dr) Light, Lady Lunar, Gentleman Ghost and Cyborg Superman. I didn't consider Black Adam or Amazo because they had records of not playing well on a team and also of being so powerful that they could throw off game balance. Atrocitus also doesn't play well with others, but I felt that the group needed a Red Lantern and I had mixed feelings about Razer, (maybe a Manhunter, I dunno, . . .)

I tried to put in a balance of A, B and C listers. Does anyone else have additional suggestions?

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
Since card game battle is gonna happen, gow about making every sex encounter a card battle and its kinda like a mental battle you know? Like if you win you get the sex scene but if you lose the girl kicks you out/declines and you have to restart after the matter l. Also it battle is tailored to the super heroine so if you fighting huntress its easy but wonder woman requires more patience and effort. To add on Henchwoman in gameplay can also differ. Making each character unique and provides a sort of advantage depending on the henchwoman, so mercy is the all rounder doesn't particularly do anything special but is reliable but Harley is more quicker, at the cost of less intelligence and has a chance of just ignoring your commands. Make the card game good like this.

Reactions: OhWee

herobrine69

Jun 7, 2020
I had proposed earlier that Grodd would be the first major opponent for Luthor in any conflict system. Additionally that he would be recruiting other villains to create his own "League of Villainy". It occurred to me that with the way that SSR was vacuuming up any and all available heroines and villainesses for GS, MB and Luthor's own personal harem, that I should establish a roster for Grodd's "Army of Grodd", (pun intended), before there were no females left to be represented in Grodd's Legion, (harem?). Here's what I came up with for an initial group, . . .

View attachment 2553622

From left to right: Ultrahumanite, Clayface, Red Claw, Captain Boomerang, Silver Banshee, Deathstroke, Heatwave, Atrocitus, Captain Cold, Roxy Rocket, Solomon Grundy, Zoom, Felix Faust and Rampage.

Others that I had considered were: Polaris, Arthur (Dr) Light, Lady Lunar, Gentleman Ghost and Cyborg Superman. I didn't consider Black Adam or Amazo because they had records of not playing well on a team and also of being so powerful that they could throw off game balance. Atrocitus also doesn't play well with others, but I felt that the group needed a Red Lantern and I had mixed feelings about Razer, (maybe a Manhunter, I dunno, . . .)

I tried to put in a balance of A, B and C listers. Does anyone else have additional suggestions?
Instead of Atrocitus for the Red Lantern, why not go for Bleez (the female red lantern) or Dex-Starr the cat, or Zilius Zox. You could also have Bloodsport, Polka Dot Man, Copperhead, Merlyn, Wizard, one of the two Icicles (or both), Sportsmaster, Tigress, Kite-Man, Solomon Grundy, Dr Psycho, King Shark, or maybe even Deadshot on the team as possible recruits.

I did have another idea. Why not have Amanda Waller be playing both sides (once they start their mini war of course), on the take from both Lex and Grodd, as long as she gets what she wants in return. If they don't, Waller would send the Suicide Squad after them and try and force them to do what she wants or else she turns Lex/Grodd over to the authorities.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Macfinn99 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick update:

The code changes for 0.26b are pretty much ready to go. I'm agonizing over Hawkgirl's dialogue progression atm... I want to add a little more flexibility here but am looking over the nuances in the dialogue to see how I can make this work.

I did add the 'wallpaper count checker' thing, which will allow people to add new wallpapers without having to modify the code. There are currently 70 'counted' wallpapers in the images/wp folder, and adding a wallpaper is pretty easy. Just save it as a 1920x1080 .jpg and name it wp70.jpg (or 71, 72, etc.).

You could also delete the wallpapers you don't like for whatever reason, you'd just need to 'fill in' the missing numbers in the range by renaming other wallpapers to take their place or whatever.

The wallpaper counting code simply checks to see if the next wallpaper in the sequence exists, and if it does not, it resets the counter to 0 and starts over, hence why the series of numbers needs to be continuous. If you deleted say wp35.jpg and didn't replace it with another wp35.jpg, the sequence would be broken at that point and the counter will reset to 0.

---

I'm also putting a call out to fanart types in the Re-mix/Fanart thread. I need conversational sprites for a couple of new characters (mainly Braniac 8). I'm also thinking that metallic skinned gal from Justice League: Gods and Monsters (the T1000-ish gal) would be cool, as well as Katma Tui (ties in with some Sinestro dialogue I have in mind), GoM WW, and Faora...

I'd also need an 'armored suit' version of Lex for the first part of the story. Lex will be back to his 'old self' after a few days, but yeah reasons...

I have an alternate intro/backstory in mind, which alters Lex's motivations a bit...

This is partially to showcase that SU ReImagined is by design being made to allow for such things, and also because I have a few ideas...

---

In any case, yeah it'll be a bit longer on the 0.26b update. Apologies!
:cool:

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Instead of Atrocitus for the Red Lantern, why not go for Bleez (the female red lantern) or Dex-Starr the cat, or Zilius Zox. You could also have Bloodsport, Polka Dot Man, Copperhead, Merlyn, Wizard, one of the two Icicles (or both), Sportsmaster, Tigress, Kite-Man, Solomon Grundy, Dr Psycho, King Shark, or maybe even Deadshot on the team as possible recruits.

I did have another idea. Why not have Amanda Waller be playing both sides (once they start their mini war of course), on the take from both Lex and Grodd, as long as she gets what she wants in return. If they don't, Waller would send the Suicide Squad after them and try and force them to do what she wants or else she turns Lex/Grodd over to the authorities.
Bleez is a good possibility along with Deadshot and Copperhead.

Merlyn last I knew was linked to the League of Assasins. Solomon Grundy is already on the list.

Kite-Man is, in my opinion, in the same category as Condiment King; comic relief/cannon fodder.

Sportsmaster has 2 daughters under Luthor control and is playing his own game of extortion. He'll only wind up with Grodd if he really screws up with Luthor.

Wizard was looked at along with Abra-Cadabra. Both magic users with very similar costumes. Pick one but look out for potential rivalry with Felix Faust.

Bloodsport? Several different versions, which one do you pick? The Icicle(s), . . . same powers as Capt Cold, pick one.

King Shark, PolkadotMan and Dr Psycho? . . . Ehhh, I dunno, . . . Maybe?

Waller? She's an Uber Control Freak and Anti-Superpowers fanatic. She'd be happy to see the heroes and villains wipe each other out. She has the potential to be a player in thiss game, but she's going to have her own agenda. She's probably pissed at Grodd already for using her as a pawn/patsy against Luthor.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
This man does not read comics. KiteMan literally has a whole tragic backstory that's not even remotely a joke.
Uhmmmm, yeah, . . . Truely a tragic back story. His secret identity is Chuck Brown, aka: Charlie Brown, aka: Kid whose kites keep getting devoured by "The kite eating tree".

(He may have been less traumatized if his therapist charged more than 5 cents!)

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Attached is the Bruce Timm version of Brainiac, or are you looking for something along the line of the classic green skinned Brainiac? The Miss Martian clones version that I maniped earlier is from her Oreo stuporfied version. What were you looking for with Miss Martian, . . . agressive, happy, determined? . . . fighting mode or static? . . . Clothed, nude, battle damaged costume ?
Brainiac-bruce-timm.png

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Attached is the Bruce Timm version of Brainiac, or are you looking for something along the line of the classic green skinned Brainiac? The Miss Martian clones version that I maniped earlier is from her Oreo stuporfied version. What were you looking for with Miss Martian, . . . agressive, happy, determined? . . . fighting mode or static? . . . Clothed, nude, battle damaged costume ?
View attachment 2556221
No, Braniac 8...

https://f95zone.to/threads/something-unlimited-sprite-re-mix-and-fanart-thread.118041/post-10390225

I'm suggesting a different face altogether. Miss Martian's proportions do not look ominous enough...

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
Uhmmmm, yeah, . . . Truely a tragic back story. His secret identity is Chuck Brown, aka: Charlie Brown, aka: Kid whose kites keep getting devoured by "The kite eating tree".

(He may have been less traumatized if his therapist charged more than 5 cents!)
Ohh boy. This man is doesn't read comics.
:Kappa:
He actually became a criminal because he's son had a terminally ill disease and he later died but kept the name kiteman in honor of his son who loved kites.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote