[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OhWee , it could be a problem only end but I can't seem to advance Hawkgirl's cell content past the final 'talk' option.
OK, so I'm guessing that you did not have Hawkgirl perform in the Meta Bordello?

This was an oversight on my part. One of the last minute things I did was implement starting girls out at -6 corruption, earning one corruption point for performing at least once at each station (Dance, Strip, Eroplay, Bordello, VIP, Playpen). I failed to put in a corruption check for this during the first conversation.

My thought here is to introduce an 'alternate dialogue' if players should decide to skip all or parts of the GS/MB in the future, but obviously I didn't add a 'fallback' for now...

A workaround for now depends on if you've had the 'Dress chat' with Hawkgirl yet. If you haven't danced yet but have had the Dress conversation is to open the Ren'Py Console (shift + o) and type:
Hawkgirl_corruption = 9

Then hit the esc key to exit the console.

That should enable the dance menu option.

If you want to reset the Hawkgirl cell interactions for now to test the conversations from the beginning:
Hawkgirl_corruption = 0
Hawkgirl_chat = 0

Attached is a new Hawkgirl.rpy file for now, the only change is adding a 'if Hawkgirl_corruption < 0:' check at the start of the first cell conversation.

Just put it in the /game/girls/Hawkgirl folder, replacing the .rpy file that's there.

Last edited:

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Okay Ohwee, per your recommendations, I modified the Brainiac8/Indigo artwork to even the linework and add outer edge highlights. Additionally, I added some cosmetic and anatomical correctons as well as adding in the handed version.

You mentioned earlier that you had a possible role for a Katma Tui. Which version were you interested in? Do you have an interest in any other Laterns or perhaps Guardians? (See attached}

Brainiac8 Composite 002.jpg

View attachment Calling_All_Lanterns.webp

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Okay Ohwee, per your recommendations, I modified the Brainiac8/Indigo artwork to even the linework and add outer edge highlights. Additionally, I added some cosmetic and anatomical correctons as well as adding in the handed version.

You mentioned earlier that you had a possible role for a Katma Tui. Which version were you interested in? Do you have an interest in any other Laterns or perhaps Guardians? (See attached}

View attachment 2568732

View attachment 2568744
OK, looks really good so far!

I'm wondering if you can make the 'contour shading' a bit less prominent. What I mean here is that for things like kneecaps you are using black lines, using a 'medium cyan' to highlight the areas without calling too much attention to them. Most of the other SR7 girls tend to use gradients for these things, and SR7 uses black mainly for 'outline' purposes.

In short, I think that there may be just a little too much detail here. Killer Frost is probably the best 'blue girl' example I can think of for comparison...

kfStrip03_2.png

I get that this is an artistic style thing, I'm just concerned about jumping between 'style levels' if that makes sense. I really like what you've done with Braniac 8/Indigo, I just think a touch of simplification may be in order here to 'match up' better with SR7's style. That's my opinion anyways!

What you've come up with is pretty awesome looking!

I'd be really interested in other people's opinions on this though! I was hoping that you'd get more feedback in the Re-mix/Fanart thread but of course people mainly just leave likes, and may not be looking at things from a 'game environment' perspective...

So that others are aware, Indigo plays a pretty significant role in the alternate backstory idea I have, and of course eventually it'd be great to be able to arrange for some sexy fun time scenes down the road with her (her initial role is a bit like Mercy/Roulette/Tala/Catwoman so sex isn't immediately on the table).

As for other Lanterns, for right now I'd just be happy with having Katma Tui... a version that pays a decent homage to the DCAU source material but 'fits' within the SR7 style. I did throw together a version using Vixen as 'source art', but there were a number of adjustments needed so it wasn't a simple case of just changing the hue...

A 'wish list' thing will be to have Katma and Sinestro getting it on in the MB, but again that's down the road a bit...

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
OK, looks really good so far!

I'm wondering if you can make the 'contour shading' a bit less prominent. What I mean here is that for things like kneecaps you are using black lines, using a 'medium cyan' to highlight the areas without calling too much attention to them. Most of the other SR7 girls tend to use gradients for these things, and SR7 uses black mainly for 'outline' purposes.

In short, I think that there may be just a little too much detail here. Killer Frost is probably the best 'blue girl' example I can think of for comparison...

View attachment 2570711

I get that this is an artistic style thing, I'm just concerned about jumping between 'style levels' if that makes sense. I really like what you've done with Braniac 8/Indigo, I just think a touch of simplification may be in order here to 'match up' better with SR7's style. That's my opinion anyways!

What you've come up with is pretty awesome looking!

I'd be really interested in other people's opinions on this though! I was hoping that you'd get more feedback in the Re-mix/Fanart thread but of course people mainly just leave likes, and may not be looking at things from a 'game environment' perspective...

So that others are aware, Indigo plays a pretty significant role in the alternate backstory idea I have, and of course eventually it'd be great to be able to arrange for some sexy fun time scenes down the road with her (her initial role is a bit like Mercy/Roulette/Tala/Catwoman so sex isn't immediately on the table).

As for other Lanterns, for right now I'd just be happy with having Katma Tui... a version that pays a decent homage to the DCAU source material but 'fits' within the SR7 style. I did throw together a version using Vixen as 'source art', but there were a number of adjustments needed so it wasn't a simple case of just changing the hue...

A 'wish list' thing will be to have Katma and Sinestro getting it on in the MB, but again that's down the road a bit...
A lot of the differences between SR7's artwork and mine is the type programs and hardware that we're using. I don't have a drawing pad, (although it has been on my Christmas wish list for years.} What I'm producing is by utilizing MS Paint, GIMP and a laptop, (small screen Vs a larger monitor). I can get closer to what SR7 is doing using those tools but it takes longer. I'll take a stab at it after I finish the nude versions.

I'm used to the getting only likes instead of feedback from stuff I've posted on other Forums. Usually, most of the feedback I get is when I'm working with someone like you and I are now.

Katma and Sinestro, . . . . Hmmmm, . . . . I keep seeing in my minds eye Sinestro strapped down with Boodikka and Arisa Rrab restraining him with their rings, waiting their turns while Katma has her way with him as her boy toy, . . . (just a passing thought, . . . )

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee

1138op

Jun 2, 2018
OK, update time!

Here is the SU ReImagined 0.26b update:

PC:

Mac:

Edit: New Stargirl Girl pack by Perniciousducks

Apologies for not including the updated Stargirl girl pack in the build this time, I missed it in my PMs, and want to test it first...

Disclaimer: This is mainly still just a proof of concept, to explore alternative gui and gameplay ideas. It should not be considered a full game. Feedback is most appreciated: Also, just restating AGAIN that this is an UNOFFICIAL, fan made proof of concept, made by F95Zone modder types with no affiliation whatsoever with GS Games.

Changelog:

1) Added the ability to upgrade devices on the Assignments and Management screen.
- Just click on the red Lexcon device icons when green numbers are showing, and you'll get the upgrade popup screen. Note that when the numbers are displayed in red, a Lexcon device upgrade is currently not available, due to being in 'cooldown' mode, lack of quarters content if the device is currently Level 6, etc.

2) When upgrading devices from Level 6 to 7 on the Management screen, gals which are transferred to the Lexcorp Living Quarters will have functionality locked out, as they are normally not available for sex work at that point...

3) Added numerical digit display of the current threat level to the threat level meters.
- This is mainly to let people see how far above max the threat level meter is if the threat level is 500 or more, which locks out heists, capture attempts, etc., and also so that people can get a better feel r.e. how much the threat level may be going up or down at the current time. Note that assigning girls to Crime Fighting can help reduce (or at least reduce the increase of) the threat level each night.

4) Incorporated the Hawkgirl girl pack into the build, with some tweaks.
- More tweaking may need to be done here, but it was working in my playtesting. Note that the Hawkgirl quarters scenes includes sex content...

5) Tala's Relic Heists available.
- This is mainly to show off how multi-item heists are being handled. Note that this WOULD normally unlock summoning dialogues when these heists are completed, but note that no 'summoned girls' content is currently available.

6) A few bugfixes.
- Mainly I fixed the Lexcorp Defenses security upgrade thumbnail so that it's referencing the right variable (it was referencing Legion Hideout before...). Also a few other fixes here and there...

7) Added afterload_default_varchanges.rpy
- This includes a label_after_load label, which allows for updates to default variables in existing games. Note that this was mainly for Hawkgirl.rpy quarters content for now, but in the future other changed default variables should be included here.

8) Adjusted the code to allow for the addition of new wallpapers without having to modify the code.
- Simply continue the numerical naming progression in the game/images/wp folder to add new wallpapers. Wallpapers need to be in .jpg format and 1920 x 1080 in size, and named appropriately (wp70.jpg, wp71.jpg, etc.) so that the code algorithm can 'find' your added wallpapers. You can also shuffle or remove wallpapers if you so wish, just remember to maintain a continuous series of numbers, as any 'breaks' in the numerical progression will 'reset' the wallpaper count to 0 at that point. Wallpapers are displayed during the 'next night' record keeping routines.

---

So as far as who can be assigned to the Lexcorp quarters currently.

- Lois Lane (after Lex captures her because she is being too nosy): Mostly just dialogue quarters content for now.
- Harley Quinn (after Joker kicks her to the curb): No quarters content currently. There is quarters content in SU Rebuilt, but that hasn't been ported over yet...
- Batgirl: Mostly just dialogue quarters content for now.
- Hawkgirl: Most/All of her Lexcorp Quarters scenes and dialogues are included.
- Stargirl: Mostly just dialogue quarters content for now. Perniciousducks may be uploading a new girlpack soon though...
- Supergirl: Mostly just dialogue quarters content for now.
- Zatanna. Mostly just dialogue quarters content for now.

Mainly the above girls are just showcasing how girls move from being sexworkers in the GS/MB to being assigned to the Lexcorp Living Quarters for now, although you can have some sexy fun time with Hawkgirl.

Pretty much everything else is just showcasing the brothel management thing and also hiring henchmen, and performing heists and captures.

---

Since this is mainly for playtesting purposes, I'd suggest starting a new game from the beginning to help track down remaining bugs, etc.

---

A 'To Do' list for the next updates:

0.27 - 0.29. Work on Lex's quarters, add more Meta Bordello content, and start focusing on adding cloning/summoning content. Also, it'd be nice if someone could port over Harley's content from ReBuilt to ReImagined.

---

Anyways, that's about it for this update! Feedback is always appreciated!
Seems good so far. Since it's unfinished in places I'm not sure what could be bugs and what not, but thé following things I'm fairly certain look bugged:
- I can add Hawkgirl to two slots at the same time.
- Stargirl's portrait missing from het assignment slots.
- At one point the menu overlay (right top button) got stuck and it stayed in place every scene untill dissapearing randomly. Have not been able to replicate it.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Seems good so far. Since it's unfinished in places I'm not sure what could be bugs and what not, but thé following things I'm fairly certain look bugged:
- At one point the menu overlay (right top button) got stuck and it stayed in place every scene untill dissapearing randomly. Have not been able to replicate it.

The menu overlay thing, did it start after clicking on the Lexcon interface buttons inside of Lexcorp? I've had that happen too and need to look into adding a couple of hide screens for that.

As for the other issues I haven't seen those. Are you using the latest Star Girl girl pack? It might be a loose end from that..

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
if you are using the Stargirl pack I uploaded, did you delete the existing folder or just overwrite (overwriting is the way to go)

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
A lot of the differences between SR7's artwork and mine is the type programs and hardware that we're using. I don't have a drawing pad, (although it has been on my Christmas wish list for years.} What I'm producing is by utilizing MS Paint, GIMP and a laptop, (small screen Vs a larger monitor). I can get closer to what SR7 is doing using those tools but it takes longer. I'll take a stab at it after I finish the nude versions.

I'm used to the getting only likes instead of feedback from stuff I've posted on other Forums. Usually, most of the feedback I get is when I'm working with someone like you and I are now.

Katma and Sinestro, . . . . Hmmmm, . . . . I keep seeing in my minds eye Sinestro strapped down with Boodikka and Arisa Rrab restraining him with their rings, waiting their turns while Katma has her way with him as her boy toy, . . . (just a passing thought, . . . )
this is actually the kind of feedback I’m going for most of the time :p

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Macfinn99

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Brainiac8/Indigo with Nude variants of the armed a cannon styles. I'll have to take a look at what I can do to simplify the shading to the SR7 style. I'd like to do it without having to completely redraw it. I'll drop these variants into the fan art thread after you've had a chance to look at them OhWee.

In the meantime, I think I'll look into seeing what kind of mischief Harley(s) can get into, . . .

Brainiac8 Composite 003a.jpg Brainiac8 Composite 003b.jpg

Sinner87

Jun 22, 2017
Brainiac8/Indigo with Nude variants of the armed a cannon styles. I'll have to take a look at what I can do to simplify the shading to the SR7 style. I'd like to do it without having to completely redraw it. I'll drop these variants into the fan art thread after you've had a chance to look at them OhWee.

In the meantime, I think I'll look into seeing what kind of mischief Harley(s) can get into, . . .

View attachment 2574104 View attachment 2574105
I think how you and Sunset highlight is one of the most noticeable differences I see between your and his work. Not trying to be mean, just trying to give constructive criticism.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Macfinn99

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I think how you and Sunset highlight is one of the most noticeable differences I see between your and his work. Not trying to be mean, just trying to give constructive criticism.
I created the Brainiac8 artwork on a request from OhWee. He likes the concept but wants it closer to the SR7 style so that it fits in with any future or alternate game developments in the SU universe.

It's not just the highlights. I watched some of SR7's streams and our approach, details and tools that we use are different. I can get something closer to the SR7 result but I really need to get some different hardware and software and start learning and practicing different techniques.

Now that I've finished the variants, I'll give it a shot using my current stuff to see how close I can get. I can manip artwork thats currently in the game but if it's a new character such as Brainiac8 or Katma Tui, I generally start from scratch,

Reactions: zenzaxaznez

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I created the Brainiac8 artwork on a request from OhWee. He likes the concept but wants it closer to the SR7 style so that it fits in with any future or alternate game developments in the SU universe.

It's not just the highlights. I watched some of SR7's streams and our approach, details and tools that we use are different. I can get something closer to the SR7 result but I really need to get some different hardware and software and start learning and practicing different techniques.

Now that I've finished the variants, I'll give it a shot using my current stuff to see how close I can get. I can manip artwork thats currently in the game but if it's a new character such as Brainiac8 or Katma Tui, I generally start from scratch,
I've had to approximate how SR7 does things in my Photoshop edits. This generally involves using very small brushes to recreate the outlines (say 1-3 pixels) and cleaning up edges and such with the eraser tool as needed. It's not ideal, watching how the software SR7 uses, it 'autoselects' to take the outlines into account, but I make do.

Of course, I haven't tried to paint a character completely from scratch. I started to take a stab at Kitelass, then came to the conclusion that there were more important things that I could be working on (code) so I abandoned that effort.

My main 'critique', i.e. simplification, is because others may come in behind you to try to make other poses and such (sex scenes, etc.) so the simpler the curves and shading are, the easier it'll be for others to 'approximate' your style.

I've dropped Indigo into a 'game situation' here for context:

SU_ReImagined_Braniac8LexconAI.jpg

This is something that'll happen pretty regularly ingame (Indigo standing next to other characters), so she needs to look like she 'fits' with the other characters if that makes sense.

No question that SR7 simplified the shading on characters quite a bit, and later characters do have a bit more detail (Cassie/Donna), my main concern at the end of the day is that everything looks 'proper' in relation to other elements in the scene.

To be clear, I think your version of Indio is REALLY COOL! I'm just curious r.e. what other fanartists and fans think about this!

Again, I'd love to hear others feedback on this! Thanks for chiming in Sinner87 ! What does everyone else think?

Last edited:

zenzaxaznez

Jun 6, 2018
Macfinn99

Your Brainiac 8/Indigo is nicely drawn, but does indeed clash against the rest of the game.
Her face is really well drawn, that could easily have been in an official DC/Marvel comic book. It's very detailed. Which is actually a problem here - SU characters are much more simpler looking, since they're based on the DCAU shows, where comic characters were simplified to make the work easier for the animation teams.
(For instance, Zatanna and Black Canary wear fishnets in the comics, while they wear tights in pretty much every animated media since it makes drawing the characters over and over a much easier task.)

In addition to the detail, her shape is also different from the SU characters. For example, SU females have sharp, pointed chins, while the males have wide, flat chins. (See Mercy and Lex in OhWee's pic above.) Your Indigo is something in between, having a rounded chin.
SU females also have wide, "heroic"-looking shoulders, noticably wider than their narrow waists - even petite characters like Audrey.
Maybe it's the angle, but your Indigo's shoulders look rather narrow, deviating from the style of the game.

tl;dr: She looks like a comic book character while the rest of game's cast look like animated tv show characters, making the art styles clash.

Now, ignoring whether she fits in SU or not, I think she's hot as fuck and I love the muscular but still feminine look you gave her, as well as her confident stance.
If you were to make your own game (Brainiac Trainer by Macfinn99!!!), I would be interested in playing it because of this art. Her hair is especially beautiful. (Just be wary that having to draw that level of detail over and over might be a daunting task.)

Last edited:

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I knew that this version of Brainiac8/Indigo was not in the SR7/Bruce Timm style. It was drawn in response to OhWee's request for a Brainiac8 that was both sexy and menacing. The title is Brainiac8-Composite because I combined about 4 different artworks plus my own modifications to get that look. The first one has her with a cannon arm because as an android, she has the power to morph her body to provide weapon, armor, claws, . . . etc. OhWee commented that the cannon might get in the way for sexual activities, hence the follow up drawing with a 'normal' right arm. The nude variants were just to see what I could do to complete the concept.

Another non-SR7 feature is that I used a POV stance with foreshortening to enhance a more menacing appearance. I'm working on a simplified version of the Brainiac8. Yes, the hair is a pain to reduce, but I'm working on it along with pointed chin and simpler shading. I will miss the 'poke-your-eyes-out' nipples and bubble butt, but as the saying goes, we must suffer for our art, . . .

I collect animation model sheets and have a substantial collection of Bruce Timm templates. Would it be helpful for other artists to post them here or on the Fan Art thread?

Reactions: zenzaxaznez

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I knew that this version of Brainiac8/Indigo was not in the SR7/Bruce Timm style. It was drawn in response to OhWee's request for a Brainiac8 that was both sexy and menacing. The title is Brainiac8-Composite because I combined about 4 different artworks plus my own modifications to get that look. The first one has her with a cannon arm because as an android, she has the power to morph her body to provide weapon, armor, claws, . . . etc. OhWee commented that the cannon might get in the way for sexual activities, hence the follow up drawing with a 'normal' right arm. The nude variants were just to see what I could do to complete the concept.

Another non-SR7 feature is that I used a POV stance with foreshortening to enhance a more menacing appearance. I'm working on a simplified version of the Brainiac8. Yes, the hair is a pain to reduce, but I'm working on it along with pointed chin and simpler shading. I will miss the 'poke-your-eyes-out' nipples and bubble butt, but as the saying goes, we must suffer for our art, . . .

I collect animation model sheets and have a substantial collection of Bruce Timm templates. Would it be helpful for other artists to post them here or on the Fan Art thread?
The fanart thread. That way more artists can benefit from the source material.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
My attempt to SR7ify the Brainiac8 art. I think I've addressed most of your Issues with her OhWee. (It's a learning experience that I will apply in the future, . . . )

I agree that the Kitelass artwork is way too detailed, I may try to SR7ify that piece OhWee, I'm also looking at a trying a Mary Marvel piece. Mary Marvel would be a good foil for Superwoman. I'm surprised that SR7 hasn't added her yet.

Brainiac8 - SR7.jpg

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote