[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

1138op

Jun 2, 2018
Mayby henchwomen have a bigger bonus when they are assigned to the GS, MB,...etc? Each one has a preffered location and a location where they have a negative bonus perhaps? Can't imagine Harley would allow for a streamlined evening at thé GS.
Downside to assigning them would be that they are not available for anything else.
Like if you were to assign Cheshire somewhere before going through the LoS content it effectively haltes progress for that 'questline'.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Create a profile page for the henchwomen that includes their strength profile and which of the heroines and villaimesses that they can interact with. be able to use the for heists or security duty.

Expand the threat level to a separate screen that includes potential adversaries, JLA, Grodd, Batman, Police, Ras A Ghul Darkseid, etc. Different assignments for henchwomen, (with a villain flanker?), such as rampage, capture, espionage, harassment or jail break/rescue if any villain gets captured or injured during an assignment.

Keep the ideas coming, (Still wanna see oil wrestling at GS, maybe with nonconsenting participation with unrully patrons? Maybe patrons that you want to get blackmail photos of like Bullock or Flash?)

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, following up on that 'enhanced henchwoman' idea, note that Mercy has been slightly enchanced already (extra capture attempts, bonuses to heists, preferred targets).

I'm thinking of something along the lines of 'away missions', where a TRUSTED henchwoman is sent out of the city to do stuff... say acquire research, hardware, etc., gather intel, that sort of thing. An available villain could be assigned as a second on the mission as well, which would give hired henchman something else to do once all of the Heroines are captured and the heists dry up...

The TRUSTED part means that Lex has completed their cell/quarters progression, hence 'maximizing' their loyalty to Lex... I suppose that Lex could take a chance if their corruption isn't maxed and send them out on other misssions anyways, but this could affect the mission success rate.

This mainly would tie in to my alternate backtory idea, but for the 'regular' SU scenario, this could be 'dumbed down' to special heists and such that generate more income for Lexcorp, and perhaps affect the balance of power (Grodd, etc.).

I'm envisioning Mary/Superwoman in a Laura Croft outfit atm in my head, doing some sort of away mission...

SWLaura.jpg

*credit to Thms2307 for the body and background...

I am debating some sort of 'assignment' mechanic for say Starfire and other gals that have achieved 'Sexworker' status, i.e. if you assign her to the GS while available for cell activities, that may or may not lock out 'sexy fun time', or perhaps lower her income that night, right now there is no such restriction. The Villains in the game have a 'busy' stat that can lock them out of other activities, you've probably noticed this the most with Mercy and Tala.

The Sexworker thing has a bit more importance in my alternate backstory idea, and it's been a long standing request to allow Villainesses to be assigned as sex workers in the SU Unity thread. This is something that I AM working towards, but of course we need more Villainess content to be re-coded for ReImagined first...

Sinner87

Jun 22, 2017
So, following up on that 'enhanced henchwoman' idea, note that Mercy has been slightly enchanced already (extra capture attempts, bonuses to heists, preferred targets).

I'm thinking of something along the lines of 'away missions', where a TRUSTED henchwoman is sent out of the city to do stuff... say acquire research, hardware, etc., gather intel, that sort of thing. An available villain could be assigned as a second on the mission as well, which would give hired henchman something else to do once all of the Heroines are captured and the heists dry up...

The TRUSTED part means that Lex has completed their cell/quarters progression, hence 'maximizing' their loyalty to Lex... I suppose that Lex could take a chance if their corruption isn't maxed and send them out on other misssions anyways, but this could affect the mission success rate.

This mainly would tie in to my alternate backtory idea, but for the 'regular' SU scenario, this could be 'dumbed down' to special heists and such that generate more income for Lexcorp, and perhaps affect the balance of power (Grodd, etc.).

I'm envisioning Mary/Superwoman in a Laura Croft outfit atm in my head, doing some sort of away mission...

View attachment 2606181

I am debating some sort of 'assignment' mechanic for say Starfire and other gals that have achieved 'Sexworker' status, i.e. if you assign her to the GS while available for cell activities, that may or may not lock out 'sexy fun time', or perhaps lower her income that night, right now there is no such restriction. The Villains in the game have a 'busy' stat that can lock them out of other activities, you've probably noticed this the most with Mercy and Tala.

The Sexworker thing has a bit more importance in my alternate backstory idea, and it's been a long standing request to allow Villainesses to be assigned as sex workers in the SU Unity thread. This is something that I AM working towards, but of course we need more Villainess content to be re-coded for ReImagined first...
Got me thinking. Maybe there's a way to stream line the Bordello. Instead of assigning a girl to a private room for Lex you can just visit their assigned room, like the cells. That way you don't have to shuffle all the girls around in the menu. Not sure how easy or hard this would be to implement. Just an iidea. Also, maybe create scenes for Henchwoman at their assigned posts. Like if You assign Harley at the GS you catch her shirking her duties and giving bj's in the bathroom glory hole. Be willing to help with sprit bashes for that.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Got me thinking. Maybe there's a way to stream line the Bordello. Instead of assigning a girl to a private room for Lex you can just visit their assigned room. That way you don't have to shuffle all the girls around in the menu. Not sure how easy or hard this would be to implement. Just an idea.
In my mind, girls assigned to the V.I.P. Suites are servicing other customers as well, not just Lex. Said customers are paying extra for the 'deluxe' experience.

Untana

Sep 13, 2020

View attachment 2606181

She is gorgeous

Madie2023

Mar 26, 2023
I would like to leave some ideas, these are just suggestion, if they are taken or considered its okay because I know making games isnt making anything magic. took a looooot of time and effort but I just would like to suggest this.:
Im replaying the original SU.

In the cells its kinda sad to get in, see an scene, exit, next night. repeat
It would be good to make it work as the bordello more or less, you could strip her and do 2 or 3 actions. maybe if cant be possible to replay sex, do the sex and then blowjob. or anal maybe and see the girl with both holes creamed as we see in the bordello private scenes. or maybe replaying dancing ONLY IF YOU MAKE HER CHANGE HER OUTFIT

Also, we are limited to one day scene making every day a new step into girls degeneration or submision. what about having 3 choices and if you want to do full 3 sex scenes in one night? BUT repeating actions gives the girl more fatigue and if you decide to "Break" the girl doing the 3 sex in one night she get out of play for a week or maybe 2... this also could make the threat level increase more than normal so... you gonna go doing the full way in one night with your fav heroine first time? and wait and take the high threat level? or you gonna be patient to keep her in good shape?

and just one more thing. it could be possible to control the camera? like go up and down when you want? in the original its kinda awful to wait to see all the girl (Like in the intro of every heroine in cells) and would be better to have some control of the view. but as I sayed before this are ideas, if they get implemented or gives better ideas for the devs.... take them all as yours

Good luck and really thanks for working on enhancing this project! this had become one of my favs in the last years! Salutes!

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Coding for converting girl packs is kinda out of my wheelhouse, but we're not going to progress until we get more of them loaded. Is there a tutorial somewhere for doing it or can it be broken into steps that more than one person can work on?

Or is this one of those "If you have to ask, you can't do it", sort of things?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Coding for converting girl packs is kinda out of my wheelhouse, but we're not going to progress until we get more of them loaded. Is there a tutorial somewhere for doing it or can it be broken into steps that more than one person can work on?

Or is this one of those "If you have to ask, you can't do it", sort of things?
It's a tiny bit more complicated than 'super easy' but yeah I set up ReImagined so that each girl is more or less 'self-contained' in her own folder with her own Ren'Py file.

On Page 1 of this thread there is this post that gives you a quick rundown on various points that you should be aware of:

But what would be REALLY nice right now is if someone could port over Harley's cell/quarters scenes from Rebuilt to ReImagined. In this case, most of the 'work' is already done, all that needs to be done is to convert her 'show image' calls for conversations, as well as Lex's, to the 'layered image' framework for those sprites.

This is probably easier than it sounds, and it'd be a great place to get your feet wet while dealing with this 'nagging' loose end at the same time.

The big thing is to download Notepad2, or Notepad++, or maybe some 'official' Ren'Py editing tool although for this really Notepad2 or Notepad++ will work just fine, you are just editing code for the most part.

Essentially, you'd crack open this folder in Rebuilt:
game/girls/Harley

And you'd be copying the dialogues and such over from Harley.rpy

to the same folder in ReImagined, again:
game/girls/Harley

But re-coding the image calls to take advantage of the 'space saving' layered image code.

So for example, in Rebuilt, this line:
show harley dress normal1 at slightleft with dissolve
from Rebuilt, should read as:
show Harley normal talk at slightleft with dissolve
in ReImagined

It's a BIT more nuanced than that, but essentially once you start changing up expressions and whether she's brandishing her gun, it's pretty easy. You'd just need to see what the 'assembled' sprite looks like in the Rebuilt Harley folder, and then use the tags for the 'Layeredimage' image declaration in ReImagined.

Another example, in this example Harley is laughing with the gun:
show harley dress laugh2 with dissolve
in Rebuilt should be:
show Harley laugh gun with dissolve

I'm more than happy to walk you through this in PMs and answer questions as you 'feel your way through the code.

Harley's first few scenes are already set up, you'd be starting with adding:

label harley_talk2:

which in ReImagined should be labeled as:
label Harley_talk1:

as the 'first' conversation is already being handled under the Harley_recruit label. That's the 'Lex hears an explosion below' conversation.

I'd need to set up the 'check' menus still, but it's the conversations that need to be ported over.

One other thing. For reasons, IMHO the dialogue tags should be changed over from:
ha "Hey Mista L!"
le "What now Harley?"

to
har "Hey Mista L"
lex "What now Harley"

in ReImagined, I've been going with longer abbreviations so as to make it a bit more clear who is talking. le vs lex isn't that big of a deal but ha could invoke Hawkgirl in your mind so I'd prefer har instead. hg is Hawkgirl, but yeah, I'm going with har and har2 to avoid any confusion (other than the two Harley's thing).

So yeah ha should be har and le should be lex for clarity reasons...

---

Anyways, back to the image tags. The main reason those need to be converted over is because of the different outfits that Harley wears.

In Rebuilt, xMendoza chose to make a separate sprite for each combination of pose, expression, and outfit, while in ReImagined, the layered image code allows you to just keep using the same tags, as outfits are referenced using a different variable, specifically:
Harley_current_outfit

This variable selects the current outfit, and the layered image code automatically picks the selected outfit when assembling the sprites.

So while in ReBuilt, you have to specify 'dress, holiday, nightie, or office, for each outfit/sprite combination, in ReImagined, you'd simply change Harley_current_outfit from
Harley_current_outfit = 0
to
whichever outfit you want Harley to be wearing during this conversation, ONCE.
i.e. 0-5 or 69
This allows you to use the same image calls without having to reference the outfit, AT LEAST for conversations...
So
show Harley normal talk at slightleft with dissolve

Works with ALL outfits, layeredimage simply checks the value that's in Harley_current_outfit to pick which sprites it needs to put together to assemble the outfit, pose and expression.

In any case, at least for the first few conversations, this should be easy to port over. Once you get to subsequent conversations, I may need to walk you through a few things and set up the sprite naming accordingly, but this could be a good way to familiarize yourself with how to code/translate dialogues at least.

You can see other examples of how things are setup in say the Hawkgirl or Zatanna .rpy files btw. This will become more useful later...

Again, I'm more than happy to help walk you through this. I keep trying to convince xMendoza to just use LayeredImage and the same 'menu choice setup' that I'm using in ReImagined, to make it easier to port stuff back and forth between the two projects, but it is what it is for now!

So if this interests you, hit me up via PM and I can help get you started!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note:

I'm working on a few different things ATM, but haven't forgotten about SU ReImagined.

So I've seen the 'gal is working in two slots simultaneously' bug crop up once or twice. I'm not sure how that is happening (the code normally blocks this, but apparently there's a glitch somewhere), but I've been debating re-writing/cleaning up the assignment routines for a while now, so I'll probably do that eventually.

Edit: Not sure if I fixed the multi-slot glitch thing, but I re-wrote the slot assignment routines so that you can assign the currently selected gal to ANY eligible slot, even if she's already assigned to another slot. You won't need to 'unassign' her from a slot to move her to another slot, and you can even assign her to a different slot in the same row if you so choose (if order matters to you). Gals already in that slot will of course be 'unassigned' of course! This will be in the next update that I release, whenever that is.

I had an idea about changing things up in the Glamour Slam as well. Instead of assigning girls to dance, strip, OR eroplay, perhaps the gals would just be assigned to a 'generic' slot, then perform at whatever level their device/training allows. So say if a gal's Lexcon device is Level 3 or higher, you'd see a series of scenes, starting with her dancing sprite, then her stripping sprite, then her eroplay sprite in sequence. Gals with lower Lexcon device levels would just show dancing then stripping, or just dancing...

The Meta Bordello is a bit more specific here, i.e. assigning to the gal to service regular customers vs. VIP vs Playpen activities, so that would be a different situation. I suppose that a 'lineup' situation could be set up where the customers pick girls and choose 'regular service' vs. VIP or Playpen activities, but that'd be a completely different routine.

Also, girls can normally service more than one customer per night (and are assumed to do so), which could also involve increased fatigue if more customers partake in their services, but that's a pretty involved re-structuring of Meta Bordello gameplay. Also, customers may have preferences r.e. what they are looking for personality, activities, and looks wise, which currently isn't a 'thing' in SU. Other games, such as Brothel King and SimBro, have methodologies for such things, but if I were to tackle this, I'd want to come up with some routine that's more specific to SU...

I'm still batting around the Henchwoman being given assignments thing in my head, as well as a 'choose your game goals' routine that would allow for different play styles. I.E. would you prefer the usual 'brothel sim' scenario or just 'harem building'? That's an idea for later though...

I'll need to build a Henchwoman interface for my idea, so that's what I'm pondering ATM. This may or may not relate to Lex's quarters in some fashion, and I still need to figure out what I'd like to see there as well.

More people working on Girlpacks and such would be nice, as there's a LOT of content to cover.

Last edited:

Tamza016

Mar 6, 2023
well i hate to ask.

is there possible to make "Something Unlimited - Unofficial" version of the Marvel (with the Artstyles to: The Spectacular Spider-Man or Earth Mightiest Heroes,) around in the future ?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
ANY COMPLETED SAVED FILES THAT I CAN ACCESS? OR CHEAT BUTTON?
This is still a proof of concept/playtest situation, so the entire point is to playtest this and provide feedback. As for sexy fun time content, that's currently limited, I'd suggest playing Something Unlimited if you are looking for that. SU ReImagined is exploring alternate gameplay ideas/routines. SU Rebuilt (the one that's in the OP, not the one in the SU Unity thread) is a 'more faithful' recreation of the original, although it has made a few gameplay changes as well.

As for 'Cheats', there aren't many (mainly just use Ren'Py console and edit variable values as needed), but a few are available if you click on the Lexcon Interface button on the Citymap screen. There's a menu sub-option for specific cheats (add One Million Dollars, Build Meta Bordello, Upgrade Glamour Slam, Upgrade Legion Hideout). I should add a few more, but the first two are the ones that are probably the most useful.

Again, the idea here is to explore new ideas and provide feedback!

well i hate to ask.

is there possible to make "Something Unlimited - Unofficial" version of the Marvel (with the Artstyles to: The Spectacular Spider-Man or Earth Mightiest Heroes,) around in the future ?
Anything is possible, the main thing would be generating the artwork and finding someone that would want to put the time in to code the dialogues, scenes and such.

A more popular idea in the context of SU ReImagined is to simply drop the Marvel characters into this environment (via dimensional gates or whatever). Essentially Black Widow, Miss Marvel or whomever would fall under Lex's influence, either as a Henchwoman or via a Lexcon Device to work at the GS/MB and/or some sexy fun time with Lex.

A few people have floated the idea of swapping out Lex entirely for some other guy (Darkseid, etc.). Again, the main holdback here is the lack of available art.

It would also be possible to create an entirely new scenario and re-purpose the sprites, but at that point you might as well just make a new game, and 'borrow' layered image code and such as needed.

Reactions: Tamza016

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I'm staring at the Legion Interface screen that I created, and pondering how to re-purpose it for the Henchwomen pool.

The main issue that I'm still struggling with is what else Henchwomen can do if not traveling alongside Lex. In SU Unity, they essentially just hang out in their cell until picked as Lex's shadow...

I had hoped to generate a conversation about this, an exchange and discussion of various ideas, but so far there's been very little feedback at all about this idea. It's a cool idea, but it needs to be fleshed out.

I'm currently thinking that other assignments could be Enforcement Duties (reduction of Threat Level), Item Recovery/Acquisition missions, Research/Technology heists, and Espionage missions. Also maybe Lexcon device capture missions involving heroes (Batman/Bruce Wayne, other really rich guys) to 'enlist' their customership at the GS/MB to help increase Lex's coffers and maybe to assist with other things later...

A number of these would involve sending the Henchwomen out of the city on extended missions, hence making them 'different' than regular heists. Regular heists generally happen in a single night, while some of these would be multi-day affairs, perhaps with another 'on payroll' Henchman as a second on said missions. Lex would want trusted associates heading said missions, hence the dipping into the Henchwoman pool...

As to how exactly those might work, yeah I was hoping to have a discussion about this with y'all to help flesh this out.

There could be other assignments as well, ideas are welcome!
:cool:

Reactions: Sinner87

raidingrider69

Sep 14, 2022
Got it. I relly liked the concept. Much cleaner and fluid that the og game. Infact, if I may, Superhero genre is still quite hot. You could make a HighSchool DxD game, based on this and replace the characters, story. The framework looks awesome and the concept of mindcontrol is similar. Youd have to work on the models though. But thanks to AI, this can be done quicker than ever. Wishing you best of luch for the future and looking forward to playing more games :D
I have played sarada training last war
aswell.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Someone requested a while back in this thread highlighting the relevant locations on the city map to make them more obvious. Here's what I've come up with:

SU_ReImagined_CityLocations.jpg

I also relocated Tala's shop slightly, to the small building behind the skyscraper. It never made sense to me to have the skyscraper as her shop, the interior indicates more of a stone building. The building with the single light seemed more subtle and could sort of pass as stone construction maybe, so that's the one I went with. Plus it's more secluded, Tala wouldn't want to call a lot of attention to her shop IMHO...

Anyways, yeah the transparent circles was what I came up with to better highlight the locations. This will be included in the next update so that y'all can take this for a test drive.

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
Someone requested a while back in this thread highlighting the relevant locations on the city map to make them more obvious. Here's what I've come up with:

View attachment 2622101

I also relocated Tala's shop slightly, to the small building behind the skyscraper. It never made sense to me to have the skyscraper as her shop, the interior indicates more of a stone building. The building with the single light seemed more subtle and could sort of pass as stone construction maybe, so that's the one I went with. Plus it's more secluded, Tala wouldn't want to call a lot of attention to her shop IMHO...

Anyways, yeah the transparent circles was what I came up with to better highlight the locations. This will be included in the next update so that y'all can take this for a test drive.
I would suggest a quick access menu on the side that gives you quick access to the 5 places of interest just to streamline the map menu.
LexCorp
Glamor Slam
Meta
Legion Doom
Tala shop

Reactions: Jimwalrus
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote