[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So y'all are looking for beach action then...

As with most ideas here, the main holdback is going to be artwork, or lack thereof...

But a nude beach, yeah we have sprites for that! I'm currently looking through some free vector art for suitable beaches. The one above isn't bad though! It's another Upklyak piece that I found on freepik.com.

As I'm working on the Consorts/Henchwoman interfaces, the main lament I'm having right now is the lack of available girl content that has been coded for ReImagined. People have offered to help with this, but so far the progress on this has been extremely slow. As I said before, I'm mostly focused on interface stuff, and any time that I spend on other stuff slows down that progress. It'd also be nice to have someone that could go in behind me and 'fill in' a few blanks and fix a few things, but so far...

In any case, yeah more help with adding girl content would be nice!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, this idea came to me as I was considering what to do about the rooms in Tala's shop...

SU_ReImagined_TalashopScreenMockup.png

The idea here is that this screen would be shown when entering Tala's shop, UNLESS an 'auto conversation' needed to happen. The goal here of course is to reduce the need to jump through extra menus to do a few things. Actions would jump to the Blowjob/Sex/Anal/Leash stuff menu (and hide this screen), the New Girls button might be hidden when no new girl info was available. I could do the same with the summoning button I suppose, otherwise there would just be a conversation about no new summoning candidates/girls being available.

The 'Guest Rooms' picker would only be shown after Tala's shop is upgraded to Level 3 and the four relics are collected and Raven is summoned...

As for why six rooms instead of four, well:
1) Screen space was available and I wanted to keep the alignment with the costume/item/upgrade picker consistent and
2) to make room for future new girl pack content, if that ever happens...

The empty scroll bars are for if Tala ever gets more outfits and if more than six rooms are ever needed...

Anyways, just an idea I'll probably play around with for a bit. If people like this concept, I'd probably also throw together similar screens for Roulette (GS) and Catwoman (MB)

In the meantime, I'm thinking about posting a 'volunteers/help wanted' in the recruitment section of this forum. As I've said before, it'd be nice to be able to get girl pack content transcribed/added a bit more quickly, and it'd also be nice to have someone who was able to go in behind me and address a few nagging issues. My focus here is about the interface, but ReImagined IS supposed to be a F95Zone community project, and more help would be nice...

Anyways, yeah just sharing this idea!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Still piddling around with the Tala Shop main screen, that would show up when mandatory dialogue doesn't pre-empt it...

Edit: updated image

SU_ReImagined_TalashopScreenWIP2.jpg

Here's how it looks ingame atm. Obviously I tweaked a few things, such as making the 'choice' buttons look like the regular choice menu buttons, and then leaning into the button style with the picker backgrounds.

This is how it looks with everything 'enabled'. Note that the Rooms don't become available/aren't shown until Tala's shop is upgraded to Level 3, and items won't become available until the shop is upgraded to Level 2. And also, the other two outfits and the 'nude' option won't be shown until the associated dialogues/actions occur.

Still need to add some 'labeling' text, pretty much along the lines of the mockup in the previous post right now I'm just positioning stuff and trying things...

What do y'all think?

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I had an idea, but in retrospect, this is probably better as an 'auto dialogue thing'...

SU_ReImagined_TalashopScreenWIP3.jpg

I made this cool icon for when Tala finishes making the amulet that you need to capture Zatanna. It essentially shows up in the 'Items Available' window once Zatanna has completed the item.

Of course, as I was playtesting this, then I asked myself 'you know, I should just do a 'if Zatanna_amulet is in Tala_itemlist, then trigger auto dialogue and just have her give it to Lex automatically...'

Well, it was fun figuring out how to get it to show up at least, and I made a cool icon... I suppose that I could find some other use for the icon, but lots of other stuff to tackle still.

Anyways, so I have the other items set up to show up one by one every few days in sequence, if Tala hasn't been tasked with another project. So all three items won't be immediately available after you upgrade Tala's shop to Level 2...

Not sure if I'm going to tackle the Glamour Slam screen conversion (to mirror the Talashop routines) before I release my next update or not. There's a number of things that have been changed under the hood at this point, so it'd be nice to have other people playtest that stuff.

The Henchwomen screen I designed will also be accessable, but doesn't really do much right now. The big problem with that screen is the lack of Henchwoman girl pack content.

Ahh well, back to it!
:cool:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, now I'm messing around with a mockup for Lex's Quarters screen...

SU_ReImagined_Lexroom_Screen.jpg

Again, thanks much to Macfinn99 for the cool Battlesuit sprite!

So, I need to discuss a few things that I have in mind here, note that this is very much a work in progress:

Lex's Current Focus does not NECESSARILY mean that Lex wears that outfit all the time. The outfit is just representative of the concept it represents. So in this case, the Battle Suit represents responding to threats...

The other focus areas/suits (these are variations of the original bonus themes).

Green Jumpsuit: Henchmen Managment (+5 to heists/captures/etc.)
Black Tuxedo/Suit: Business Management (+10% to income)
Purple Jumpsuit: Resource Management (20% discount on upgrades)

Casual Outfit:
I'm not sure what to call this yet. In my mind yet, his is Lex showing that he's a 'regular Joe' at heart (which he isn't) to allow him to mingle with the regular folk and such. Which might allow him to find out things. This could also tie in to Lex taking gals out on dates.

And the aformentioned Battle Suit (-10 points to Threat Level)

As for the Selected Token thing, the idea is that Lex needs to keep the token with him all night to 'earn' the bonus. The Magic Collar I have an idea about though...

So yeah, keeping with the SU Unity bonuses:

Hidden Amulet: -10 to Threat Level
Favored Coin: +10% change of successful heists/captures/etc... I'm thinking about changing this to 5%...

As for the Magic Collar, some ideas...
Magic Collar: +10% to Camshow and other similar income, perhaps even GS/MB income. +10% bonus to something, if success isn't automatically guaranteed, in interactions with most females... oh and the 'Leash scenes' thing.

My idea here, that I've talked about a few times, is that Lex can assign the Magic Collar to one of his Henchwoman, and they can do the 'walkies' thing for him,. But of course, for certain conversations Lex will need to have the collar with him; i.e. the cell scenes/first three walks with the leash for each gal. This will take his focus off of other things a bit of course...

So yeah, pondering the Magic Collar.

Note that other screens are accessable from this screen, mainly the interface and consort management screens.

Couple of other things of note:

1) Most of this screen would only be available at the start of the evening. The idea here is that Lex needs to set his 'focus' for the night. The other buttons (navigation, interaction with his bodyguard) would of course be available throughout the night, but once consorts are assigned, and Lex's focus is picked and which token Lex chooses is handled, those parts of the screen would go away.

2) Lex will change outfits as needed throughout the night as the context changes. Mainly this is about not wearing the Battlesuit all night, he'd probably wear the Black Tuxedo in a lot of situations (once he's earned that), but have the battlesuit handy in the trunk of the Limo...

3) I have a 'carousel' idea for the Focus/Outfit picker, where the chosen item would be in the center, with the other outfits flanking to either side and perhaps scaling them down in some fashion. Trying to code this in Ren'Py will take a bit of thought though...

4) I plan to add some 'basic screen info' for Lex's bodyguard if a bodyguard has been assigned, i.e. fatigue, corruption, that sort of thing. I'm also thinking that the bodyguard might come into play in certain situations, so she's not just a sex object...

In any case, yeah that's where I'm at with Lex's quarters at the moment... feedback is always welcome!

Last edited:
Reactions: Anon747

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
You might want to treat the collars like the control devices. Multiple collars and each specifically designed for the power level of each heroine or villainess. The collars would only become visible in the presence of a master's key either held by Luthor or a lesser "mistress" key that could be worn by an assigned henchwoman.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Macfinn99

Any chance that you can put together a few different arm poses with this suit?
Yes, two immediate stances come to mind. A relaxed stance with one arm down and the other arm bent with hand on hip. The other with a wider stance arms out in fighting/defend position with the armor powering up. Any others that you need for specific situations? Full body or from the knees up? (I wanted to play with the color combos anyway)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yes, two immediate stances come to mind. A relaxed stance with one arm down and the other arm bent with hand on hip. The other with a wider stance arms out in fighting/defend position with the armor powering up. Any others that you need for specific situations? Full body or from the knees up? (I wanted to play with the color combos anyway)
Hmmm... mainly if you could try to emulate the arm poses that we have already (right arm gesture, right arm up, right arm behind, left arm behind, left arm hip, there's also a right arm down pose but it rarely gets used). There's also right arm facepalm, but that'd probably take a bit more work...

Expressions I can probably handle. Lex pretty much just has smile, laugh, annoyed (cocked head) and facepalm... facepalm would be the tough one, so you might have better luck with that one...

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Macfinn99

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I just posted a 'recruitment ad' here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/looking-...npy-unofficial-f95zone-community-port.161244/

As has been mentioned before, there is a LOT of content to port over from SU Unity, not to mention a lot of new ideas/content that people are interested in (new characters, etc.), so more help good!

I'll still keep doing what I'm doing in the meantime. Hopefully we can find the help we need to move things forward at a quicker pace! This effort is over six months old at this point, so progress has been a bit on the slow side so far...

As for others that are currently working on stuff, keep doing what you are doing! As I said, there is a LOT of content that needs to be transcribed/coded, and every little bit helps!

At some point, this may progress from 'proof of concept demo' to a playable game (some would argue it's pretty playable now) but that's a discussion for the future. Right now the goal is to continue to explore and refine the gameplay ideas and such. I'm planning on releasing the next update to my current build fairly soon. It'd be nice to have more girlpack content to go along with said update of course!

There's a few areas that still need attention of course;

1) More girl packs! Have I said that we need mroe of these before?
2) Meta Bordello Content
3) Tutorial stuff. I've been putting this off as I'm still feeling my way through a few things, and this is still a Proof of Concept, but yeah some visual guide stuff couldn't hurt...
4) More Talashop content. Mainly the sex scene stuff, as well as Raven and Circe content...
3) A bajillion other things...

In any case, I'm still plugging away in the meantime on interface stuff.

Carry on!

Last edited:

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
Manage your consorts is a good idea

It could be used as a direct access to a sub menu where you can call the "consorts" to your bedroom to have sex with them and so it's something more organic and natural than in the original game where the mechanics of having sex with the girls in the Lex's bedroom was very tedious

And later on, who knows, it can be used to have additional scenes or call your captures to serve you in your own bedroom (with Lex's ego it makes more sense for the servant/slave to come to Lex's bedroom than the opposite) And I don't know how to "recycle" the brothel scenes and turn them into scenes in Lex's quarters where he interacts with his trophies

Reactions: Jimwalrus and OhWee

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Hmmm... mainly if you could try to emulate the arm poses that we have already (right arm gesture, right arm up, right arm behind, left arm behind, left arm hip, there's also a right arm down pose but it rarely gets used). There's also right arm facepalm, but that'd probably take a bit more work...

Expressions I can probably handle. Lex pretty much just has smile, laugh, annoyed (cocked head) and facepalm... facepalm would be the tough one, so you might have better luck with that one...
The Battle Suit art was a "found" image. I'm working on a baseline lineart for the battlesuit. Once that's done, I can make a bunch of minor modifications fairly quickly. I've personally done armored combat and a facepalm while in armor can be hazardous to your health.

Chauffeur outfits for the henchwomen is also on my to-do list

• Haha

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so here's where I have 'ingame' so far for the Lex Quarters 'beginning of night' screen:

SU_ReImagined_LexroomScreenWIP1a.jpg

Note that I have no idea what +10% to charm means in game terms, I just made it up to start the conversation...

In any case, after giving this a bit of thought, I decided to make the 'choose options for this evening' screen a standalone. These decisions are decided upon at the start of each evening, before Lex undertakes any other activities.

I'm planning on changing the color of the fatigue bar border, I just wanted to show off what I have so far. Note that Lex having a Fatigue stat has been discussed earlier in this thread a few times, I'm just working towards getting that implemented atm. Mainly, the idea is that if Lex has sex, his fatigue increases each time he has sex... so there's a limit to how many times Lex can undertake 'strenuous activities' on a given night, similar to the gals...

I'm about to build a 'bodyquard screen overlay' at the left side of the screen, which will basically include the current stats for said bodyguard, and also a 'nude or clothed' option if she's already stripped for you.

I'm planning on setting up a 'modified' version of the Lex's options picker that you can revisit on a given night, that will have the buttons locked out, should you wish to review the choices you made earlier that night. The 'confirm' button will change to 'dismiss', and then other (nav) buttons and the Lexcon interface will be shown when the picker screen isn't active, unless dialogue/actions with your bodyguard is happening.

I'm also pondering ways for Lex's bodyguard to play a more prominent role in the game. Essentially they ARE bodyguards, so if someone were to confront Lex, his personal Aide and Bodyguard might both be on hand at the time...

Note that the 'outfit picker' puts the chosen outfit in the first slot at all times, to make it clear which focus option Lex has chosen for the evening.

So yeah, still plugging way. Feedback is always appreciated!

Manage your consorts is a good idea

It could be used as a direct access to a sub menu where you can call the "consorts" to your bedroom to have sex with them and so it's something more organic and natural than in the original game where the mechanics of having sex with the girls in the Lex's bedroom was very tedious

And later on, who knows, it can be used to have additional scenes or call your captures to serve you in your own bedroom (with Lex's ego it makes more sense for the servant/slave to come to Lex's bedroom than the opposite) And I don't know how to "recycle" the brothel scenes and turn them into scenes in Lex's quarters where he interacts with his trophies
Note that consorts are different from hired henchwomen/bodyguards. Consorts is a designation I've come up with for Mercy/Harley/Blackfire/Cheshire/Galatea/Superwoman, which I've talked about before earlier in this thread. And yeah, I'd like to see the option to invite Mercy or whomever to Lex's quarters for quality sexy fun time too!

As noted before, my idea is that each Consort will earn 5% of the nightly income, instead of having to hire them and pay their retainers as henchmen are handled. It's a thought anyways!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A quick note...

So I have an idea for a side plot thingie of sorts, that will involve your Aide, a Consort assigned to Legion Hideout duty, your Bodyguard, an associated heist with your 'Legion Consort' overseeing the heist (i.e. not assigned to it directly), and a few other characters, including a few Heroines...

The plan here is to create a new 'mini-event' in the spirit of a Suicide Squad meets Ocean 11 meets Indiana Jones universe crossing sorta thing. This could serve as an example for such future content, i.e. how to set up the associated triggers to 'cue up' said event.

I put out a call for some new sprites in the fanart thread for this, not sure how much response I'll get, but we'll see...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I decided to implement something that I've been wanting to do for a while...

I've reworked how the Glamour Slam functions a bit:

SU_ReImagined_MgmtScreen_Rework.jpg

In the early game, income generation could use a bit of help, and in the mid to late game, the Glamour Slam becomes pretty useless, at least until we get a LOT more girls added anyways...

So, on to what I've changed here.

First off, note that the Dancing, Stripping, and Eroplay 'headers' have been moved into a subheader below the Glamour Slam header.

Also note that the first two slots have 'Eroplay' displayed above Black Canary and Huntress, and that 'On Call' has been changed to 'On Call: D/S/E' above Artemis...

So, what's happening here is a couple of things:

The various slots are no longer directly tied to Dancing, Stripping, and Eroplay. INSTEAD, as part of the 'upgrade' process, the Glamour Slam will upgrade it's license (and control hardware) to allow Stripping and Eroplay performances as well as Dancing (Level 2 enables Stripping, Level 3 enables Eroplay).

Once the Glamour Slam is upgraded to level 2, the device level of the gal that is assigned to a slot determines what will happen in that slot (Dancing or Dancing + Stripping). And similarly, when the GS is upgraded to Level 3, again the device level determines which activity the gal will perform (Dancing, or Dancing + Stripping, or Dancing + Stripping + Eroplay).

The new text above each slot (when it is populated) will tell you what performance level the gal is at currently.

Also, 'On Call' girls are now no longer directly tied to each row. Instead, if a gal's fatigue is higher than the 'on call fatigue threshold' for a particular 'on call' girl, then ANY of the on call gals may replace her (in row order), not just the gal in that row.

So the gals in the first row will have 'priority' as it relates to the 'on call list', then the second and then third rows.

Note that the Meta Bordello will continue to function mostly the same, but with one difference. If ANY gals that are on call in the Glamour Slam are not 'called in', and if their device level will allow, said gals COULD substitute for gals in the Meta Bordello, AND the two 'on call' Meta Bordello girls could be 'called in' to replace other gals that are too tired, in rows other than the row they are placed in. This is mainly to allow VIP Suite gals to be replaced, without having to find space for an 'on call' girl for that row.

Note that I'm currently planning on not 'enabling' Meta Bordello on call gals to be called in to the Glamour Slam, as obviously the Meta Bordello should be their only priority.

"On call' Gals that are assigned to a given row will still be prioritized to a given row, if not called in to repladce a gal on a lower row first...

Note that the VIP suites are set up with two slots each (when fully upgraded) to allow for threesome content down the road.

I'm still making the coding changes for this and testing it, but yeah this is a pretty significant change... My goal is to make people's lives easier, and by making the 'on call' girls a bit more flexible r.e. whom they can 'replace', that's a positive change in my mind.

One other note. I've mostly implemented the 'Lex nightly focus' routines, which modify various things (income, upgrade costs, Heist & Capture chances, just having Lex relax and restore a bit more fatigue, and eventually Threat Level once the Power Suit conversational art is ready to go...).

I've also fixed a couple more 'bugs' that I figured out.

So the short form, the next update (when I'm finally ready to share it) will be a pretty significant one as far as changes and new content!

Back to work!

Last edited:
Reactions: zenzaxaznez

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick followup...

SU_ReImagined_MgmtSlotRework.jpg

So as I noted before, the slot rows are no longer limited to a specific performance level. Instead, the gal's devicelevel determines the type of performance that she will give, which is displayed above her icon. The Glamour Slam level still determines the maximum performance level of course, as explained in my previous post...

This will give y'all more flexibility in scheduling. As an example, you can simply upgrade a gal's device 'in place' to improve her performance level (up to Eroplay level anyways).

The Meta Bordello will still function mostly as before, except for the more flexible 'on call list' thing which i explained in my previous post.

I have most of the 'Lex focus' mechanics implemented now, except for the power armor. My thought on the power armor is that you need to get the robotics lab working first, so that you can build the power suit. So that's down the road a bit.

I'm still playtesting things, and I still need to do a bit more work on a few screens, so it'll be a while longer before the next update.

Hopefully others will have more girl pack material ready to share soon...

That's it for now, feedback is always appreciated!

Edit: I'm currently setting up the bodyguard screen for Lex's quarters:

SU_ReImagined_LexQuartersWIP4.jpg

While working on this screen, I came up with another idea...

Since being assigned as Lex's bodyguard isn't really doing much atm, and since it makes sense to me, I've implemented an extra -10 to threat level if a henchwoman is assignedto Lex's quarters as Lex's bodyguard.

This will help the 'midgame' situation when assigning a bunch of Heroines to the Meta Bordello really starts to spike the threat level, so an extra -10 offset will help this situation a bit, plus it'll make being Lex's bodyguard a bit more useful!

Someone probably suggested this at some point earlier in this thread, it's a good idea IMHO!

I also have some other 'story related' ideas r.e. Lex's bodyguard, but that's down the road a bit.

Last edited:

Senchest

Mar 28, 2021
So I just posted a 'recruitment ad' here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/looking-...npy-unofficial-f95zone-community-port.161244/

As has been mentioned before, there is a LOT of content to port over from SU Unity, not to mention a lot of new ideas/content that people are interested in (new characters, etc.), so more help good!

I'll still keep doing what I'm doing in the meantime. Hopefully we can find the help we need to move things forward at a quicker pace! This effort is over six months old at this point, so progress has been a bit on the slow side so far...

As for others that are currently working on stuff, keep doing what you are doing! As I said, there is a LOT of content that needs to be transcribed/coded, and every little bit helps!

At some point, this may progress from 'proof of concept demo' to a playable game (some would argue it's pretty playable now) but that's a discussion for the future. Right now the goal is to continue to explore and refine the gameplay ideas and such. I'm planning on releasing the next update to my current build fairly soon. It'd be nice to have more girlpack content to go along with said update of course!

There's a few areas that still need attention of course;

1) More girl packs! Have I said that we need mroe of these before?
2) Meta Bordello Content
3) Tutorial stuff. I've been putting this off as I'm still feeling my way through a few things, and this is still a Proof of Concept, but yeah some visual guide stuff couldn't hurt...
4) More Talashop content. Mainly the sex scene stuff, as well as Raven and Circe content...
3) A bajillion other things...

In any case, I'm still plugging away in the meantime on interface stuff.

Carry on!
Hi, I saw your announcement and I would like to try to help you with this project. As a starter with recreating scenes. I'm quite new with renpy but I have some background with IT overall, so with some guidance from you I should be fine.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote