[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Ay Yi Yi!

Things that hurt my brain!

So, I decided to 'go for it' and tackle the 'change management screen background to match up with the newer blue-ish backgrounds' thing, 'cuz I think those backgrounds are cooler, and am now at the buttons/slots...

So, Part of me wants to be 'practical' and change everything to the blue scheme, but another part of me REALLY likes how the green buttons and slots are contrasting with the blue background. Thoughts?

SU_ReImagined_MgmtBlueGreen.jpg

Work in progress obviously. Just doing some quick hue adjustments to the slot buttons at the left... still working on this...

I'll probably do the bottom four buttons (GS/MB/Close/Citymap) with the transparent blue buttons that I've been using elsehwere (GS/MB/Lexquarters screens), but for the buttons on top of the screen overlay background... yeah thoughts?

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Thanks!
:cool:

Also,
Yay typos!
:rolleyes:

I'll fix those for the 0.27a patch, and very much appreciated! And yes, the Cadmus heist is very definitely 'ingame' now! Myself, I'm usually mostly focusing on building the interface, so I tend to gloss over dialogue that myself and others have been transcribing...

Have you tried clicking on the girls in the 'Tonight's Performers' row to watch their performances individually yet? I think that's pretty cool and since now the girls will dance, then strip, then do Eroplay at the same time if their devicelevel allows...
;)

My goal with the management and other screens is to set things up so that you can do as much stuff 'in place' as is appropriate. Choice menus work just fine, but clicking through nested menus can be a pain...

I've been pondering a minor redesign of the management screen so that it works a bit more like the Villain interface (i.e. tabs at the top instead of buttons for the related screens), but that's not a priority atm. Need to get other stuff ingame first (Meta Bordello stuff, the Yacht... other stuff...).

A couple of notes of things I've already done for the patch on my end:

I've added the option that i discussed about being able to choose between 'unassign all' or 'assign all to crimefighting' when you click the 'clear schedule' button. I suspect that most people may choose crime fighting unless there's a bunch of fatigue bars that are full, as a bunch of heroines crime fighting 'en masse' is a nice way to lower the threat level.

Fixed the 'crime fighting button takes you to the Management screen' thing on the Assignments screen. You'll now 'stay' on the assignments screens as it should be. There's a weird button issue that pops up occasionally that 'disables' both the Assignments and Fighting Crime buttons may require you to go to the Profiles screen to 'fix' the glitch, I'll have to ponder that one as I'm not sure what's causing it...

I want to add the 'New girl info' window to the Talashop screen, as the one on the Glamour Slam screen is pretty cool, I just need to ponder how I want to adjust the layout...

IMHO it streamlines the dialogue a bit and makes it feel a bit more 'real', although I do need to adjust how those scenes just suddenly end in Roulette's office when Lex and Roulette were just talking on the floor beforehand.

It's nice to NOT have to go to Roulette's office each time just to note that Lex just completed some related heist... I need to finish tweaking the associated dialogues, for now I was just 'enabling' the functionality.

I also need to 'move' the 'finished working on the talismans for Vixen/Zatanna' interactions so that those automatically happen when you visit Roulette, similar to what I did with the 'completed heist' interactions. Having to click through menus just to get to these 'here's the talisman' conversations annoys me...

Anyways, lots of moving parts, but bit by bit stuff is getting done!
Feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
That feature of watching individual complete GS content is great, love the transitions from each dance. This is really great and a true reimagined build!!

Adding the new girls feature to Tala’s shop will look great too.

I also forgot to mention when going to Roulette to talk about Stargirl, she mentions going to her office, then once in her office you select Stargirl and she says again to go into her office a 2nd time.

Other than that I had a lot fun getting to understand all the new features like sending villains on rampage and being able to do heists at the same time. This is truly great work on your part.

Reactions: OhWee

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
How many versions are left to make this a "complete version" and not continue considering it a demo or proof of concept?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Macfinn99

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
How many versions are left to make this a "complete version" and not continue considering it a demo or proof of concept?
Too many!

For reasons, I'll always consider this a 'proof of concept', although the idea is for other people to make girlpacks and eventpacks for all of the girls and other content to make it a 'complete game'...

As for what gets us to 1.0, yeah this all comes down to how quickly others are able to put together girlpacks and such.

Right now my goal for 0.3 is to have the rest of the 'citymap related' stuff working (Meta Bordello, the various stuff in Lexcorp, and the Yacht). The world map stuff would be after 0.3.

So it'll be a bit of a long slog, but there is a LOT of content that would need to be transcribed, and how quickly this can get done depends on how many other people are willing to help get the girlpack content done!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Still a work in progress, but something like this...

SU_ReImagined_NewMgmtScreenWIP1a.jpg

Need to banish the rest of the green, etc. but I think that this is coming along nicely!

BTW, has anyone else playtested 0.27 yet? Looking for more feedback/bug reports!

Last edited:

BastardX

May 13, 2018
Ran into this:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/glamourslam.rpy", line 463, in script
    jump expression "roulette_dance" + str(Roulette_dance)
  File "game/glamourslam.rpy", line 463, in <module>
NameError: name 'Roulette_dance' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Games\SU_ReImagined-0.27-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1972, in execute
    target = renpy.python.py_eval(target)
  File "D:\Games\SU_ReImagined-0.27-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Games\SU_ReImagined-0.27-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.27
Sun Jun  4 22:36:32 2023

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Ran into this:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Games\SU_ReImagined-0.27-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1972, in execute
    target = renpy.python.py_eval(target)
  File "D:\Games\SU_ReImagined-0.27-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Games\SU_ReImagined-0.27-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.27
Sun Jun  4 22:36:32 2023

BastardX
(y)
Thanks! Very much appreciated!

Look for a patch for this and a few other things in the next couple of days...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, the new Management Screen will be in the upcoming patch...

SU_ReImagined_MgmtScreenBlue.jpg

Other than the layout adjustments and shift from green to blue, note that the Slot backgrounds will change based on the Glamour Slam level. Me and my silly ideas!

I need to figure out which backgrounds I'm going to use at the Meta Bordello. The hallway seems a little bland... the Playpen background is fine, but yeah the Bedchamber and private room backgrounds... I guess we'll see how that looks or try something else...

I think that I figured out how to set up the V.I.P. suite 'check for threesome opportunity' code, but that's down the road a bit still. Essentially it'd be a check for either of two labels (i.e. if renpy.exists label VIP_Batgirl_Supergirl or renpy.exists label VIP_Supergirl_Batgirl), with the second label jumping to the first one (that would have the scene). If no such label exists, you'd just get the regular scenes with each girl separately, but if threesome VIP suite content does exist...

But of course there's a bunch of other Meta Bordello scenes that will need to be set up first!

But back to the screen above that I've been talking about/working on all day. The 'basic layout' of this screen will be used for the Assignments screen (now Roster screen) and the Heroine Profiles screen. Mainly this is about adding the tabs at the top and changing those backgrounds to this blue background, and moving a few buttons around. Those won't be in the upcoming patch, but the new Management screen will be!

A number of reported issues, plus issues I've stumbled across, will be included in the patch. The patch itself will be pretty tiny (the new screen stuff will be the bulk of the patch, the rest is just tiny .rpy files...). Still thinking I'll have the patch ready to go in a day or two, and of course, if anyone spots issues, feel free to report them so I can look into fixing them for the patch!

Until the next update...

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
So, the new Management Screen will be in the upcoming patch...

View attachment 2676289

Other than the layout adjustments and shift from green to blue, note that the Slot backgrounds will change based on the Glamour Slam level. Me and my silly ideas!

I need to figure out which backgrounds I'm going to use at the Meta Bordello. The hallway seems a little bland... the Playpen background is fine, but yeah the Bedchamber and private room backgrounds... I guess we'll see how that looks or try something else...

I think that I figured out how to set up the V.I.P. suite 'check for threesome opportunity' code, but that's down the road a bit still. Essentially it'd be a check for either of two labels (i.e. if renpy.exists label VIP_Batgirl_Supergirl or renpy.exists label VIP_Supergirl_Batgirl), with the second label jumping to the first one (that would have the scene). If no such label exists, you'd just get the regular scenes with each girl separately, but if threesome VIP suite content does exist...

But of course there's a bunch of other Meta Bordello scenes that will need to be set up first!

But back to the screen above that I've been talking about/working on all day. The 'basic layout' of this screen will be used for the Assignments screen (now Roster screen) and the Heroine Profiles screen. Mainly this is about adding the tabs at the top and changing those backgrounds to this blue background, and moving a few buttons around. Those won't be in the upcoming patch, but the new Management screen will be!

A number of reported issues, plus issues I've stumbled across, will be included in the patch. The patch itself will be pretty tiny (the new screen stuff will be the bulk of the patch, the rest is just tiny .rpy files...). Still thinking I'll have the patch ready to go in a day or two, and of course, if anyone spots issues, feel free to report them so I can look into fixing them for the patch!

Until the next update...
thumbs-up-anime-ednk5h8upvdhb8b7.gif

Sep 10, 2022
Ay Yi Yi!

Things that hurt my brain!

So, I decided to 'go for it' and tackle the 'change management screen background to match up with the newer blue-ish backgrounds' thing, 'cuz I think those backgrounds are cooler, and am now at the buttons/slots...

So, Part of me wants to be 'practical' and change everything to the blue scheme, but another part of me REALLY likes how the green buttons and slots are contrasting with the blue background. Thoughts?

View attachment 2673466

Work in progress obviously. Just doing some quick hue adjustments to the slot buttons at the left... still working on this...

I'll probably do the bottom four buttons (GS/MB/Close/Citymap) with the transparent blue buttons that I've been using elsehwere (GS/MB/Lexquarters screens), but for the buttons on top of the screen overlay background... yeah thoughts?
I think is better like this, cuz it's easier to understand what is clickable and what is not.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo, here's where I'm at with the updated management screen...

SU_ReImagined_MgmtScreen_BlueBkgd.png

One or two loose ends to do here (like change the scrollbar from green to blue), but this is how it looks now. As I said, it'll be in the upcoming 0.27a patch.

I still need to update a few other files (typos, etc.) after that the patch should be ready to go.

Feedback is always welcome!

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Sooo, here's where I'm at with the updated management screen...

View attachment 2678201

One or two loose ends to do here (like change the scrollbar from green to blue), but this is how it looks now. As I said, it'll be in the upcoming 0.27a patch.

I still need to update a few other files (typos, etc.) after that the patch should be ready to go.

The GS and MB backgrounds look great.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, I want to open up a conversation. This has been discussed back and forth a few times now, both in this thread and via PMs...

My current corruption system essentially 'mirrors' the more or less 'linear' progression that happens in SU Unity. BUT, people have been wanting a bit more flexibility with the quarters scenes, and I've been giving this a lot of thought.

I've resisted giving each activity it's own 'counter' up 'til now as scenes are pretty much linear, but I'd like to 'break free' of a 'cell progression has to go exactly this way' thing... and also the 'rule of three' to a degree.

So, essentially, I have activites linked to current corruption level (which is a derivative of girl_corruption). This is to prevent you from learning two new activities in a day, i.e. if you just did your first handjob, no blowjob today. That's the idea anyways...

Here's my corruption level chart for reference:

Corruption LevelNotes
0Default/Lex hasn't had conversations with this gal yet
1-6Initial conversations
7-9Dancing
10-12Spanking (if spanking), could be other activity
13-15Stripping
16-18Handjob/Titjob?
19-21Blowjob
22-24Sex
25-27Anal
28'Sluttified' conversation, 'Slutty' costume added, nicknames mentioned
29Nicknames enabled
30+Fully Sluttified
31+Special situations - for tracking new content progression after full sluttification

Leash walks are currently NOT tied into the corruption level progression. Neither are 'special scenes' such as when Mercy fucks Lois...

So I still like the idea of 'no corruption reward for say Blowjobs if your corruption is 21 or higher', BUT, if other things can give you a corruption point award (the first time or two anyways), this COULD allow you to partially or completely skip a part of the progression.

Example: Doing 3 or more walks could net you +3 corruption points, which MIGHT allow you to skip Blowjobs (19-21) and go straight to Sex...

And, if Kara and Babs do a leash walk together, this could net another corruption point or two...

And if Kara and Babs are in the same quarters scene (i.e. one of them is invited, I forget who goes to which cell now), that could net you another couple of corruption points.

So in this case, there's 7 corruption points 'at large' for Kara and Babs, which COULD allow a player to partially or completely skip a couple of activities. Or say just do one blowjob, and then one sex scene and then go for the Anal...

As I said, if a gal's corruption points 'skip past' an activity, you could still do the activity, there just wouldn't be a corruption reward, or perhaps they only get one point out of the activity instead of 3... repeats at that point are mainly for the player's enjoyment, not to increase corruption further.

In Lois's case, the sex on Clark's desk at the Daily Planet would be corruption level earning activities too.

The idea here is to not to FORCE players to have to do a linear progression in the cells, rather to give them a few paths to full sluttification...

So yeah, pondering this. I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts on this!

Reactions: zenzaxaznez

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
The rule of 3, in most cell scenes barring a couple, as regards to BJ, sex and anal, seemed to be about where Lex would cum. 1st scene outside, 2nd time inside then 3rd would give the player a choice of where to finish.

I don't mind a system where you could skip doing certain activities 3 times, as long as we can always have the option to go back and do them anyway. The corruption points as you have them look right.

Batgirl visits Supergirls cell
Miss martian visits Artemis
Vixen visits Hawkgirl

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Updated on 2/28/2023

OK, so this post is to detail a few things r.e. what's been set up so far in ReImagined as far as stats go.

Corruption

Corruption needs to be explained I think. This is mainly an excuse to have a stat bar, but it does serve an important function, i.e. tracking which 'lewd events' that Lex currently has available with a given gal. Note that for males, the interface relabels this stat as discontent level on the Villain's screen. I'll probably change this to contentment level as you want a higher value, to 'mirror' what corruption does.

Note that the corruption bar has a range of 30 currently, so each 'box' represents 3 corruption points, and boxes may display as 'partially full'...

Anyways, here are the Corruption Thresholds that I had in mind when adding this stat:.

Corruption LevelNotes
0Default/Lex hasn't had conversations with this gal yet
1-6Initial conversations
7-9Dancing
10-12Spanking (if spanking), could be other activity
13-15Stripping
16-18Handjob/Titjob?
19-21Blowjob
22-24Sex
25-27Anal
28'Sluttified' conversation, 'Slutty' costume added, nicknames mentioned
29Nicknames enabled
30+Fully Sluttified
31+Special situations - for tracking new content progression after full sluttification

Note that this progression will need to be tailored a bit for each gal, say if her progression is longer than other gals, or if some activities are 'skipped', but the general idea here is that once the Corruption bar has 5 full boxes, it's time for handjobs. 6 or more boxes means that Blowjobs are available, etc.

Or, to shorthand this, as a general guide for each box level:

1-2 = nothing fun yet, just chatting
3 = Dancing
4 = Spanking (or similar...)
5 = Stripping
6 = Handjobs/Titjobs
7 = Blowjobs
8 = Sex
9 = Anal
10 = Full sluttification

As to how this relates to the 'Rule of 3', some gals will progress much faster than others. Example, since gals assigned to Lex's quarters are usually pretty willing to have sex, corruption will progress much faster with said Villainess. On the flip side, Wonder Woman is a bit of a tough nut to crack, so her progression will go MUCH more slowly...

Usually each time you have a conversation at the start of the corruption progression, and for each activity, the Gal's corruption increases by 1, but say for stripping, which you usually only need to do once before the next step, the stat may increase by 3. If more steps are needed for a specific progression, fractional points can be awarded to 'compensate' in keeping with the corruption levels as detailed here. My point here is that the point rewards will need to be tailored a bit for each situation, depending on how 'willing' a gal is and which activity target level you are currently at.

That's how I envision corruption working anyways.

---

Chat Level

Another important stat that is being tracked is Chat Level. In the code this appears as:
Supergirl_chat (or whatever gal you are currently talking to).

Chat is used mainly to track conversation progressions, and controls which 'talk' label the game jumps to when talking to that gal. It's also used to reference when the quarters menu should appear (i.e. choose to talk or some other activity), or when the menu should be 'pre-empted' in favor of some conversational event, say the gal wants to show off her new costume...

Chat won't cover ALL conversational situations, mainly just the ones that tie in with Corruption progression.

This stat isn't currently displayed, but perhaps it should be...

---

Sexworker

One other stat that is used is sexworker. Example:

Supergirl_sexworker = False

Almost all Heroines and Villainesses have this set to False, except for Starfire, who's default is 'True'.

What this stat does is allow a girl to work in the Glamour Slam and Meta Bordello while also being available in the Lexcorp Quarters for converstions, etc., i.e. if True this gal will do 'double duty'.

The idea here is that other gals might willingly decide to become Sexworkers at some point, for a 'cut' of the proceeds. This should require full sluttification first, and perhaps other conditions, and isn't something that isn't a thing in SU Unity of course. It's an 'optional rule' that a number of people have suggested over the years, so we'll be able to explore this on a case by case basis here.

Some Superheroines may be quite resistant to this idea, while others will go for it more willingly, hence the 'case by case' basis thing. Again, this variable currently mainly exists because of Starfire being able to do 'double duty' but it opens up the door for future options and content with other gals, as of course associated art would need to be created/modified first...

---

Fatigue

Fatigue is the stat I came up with to emulate the 'income degrades over time as a gal is scheduled at the GS/MB, until you re-assign her' thing.

The Fatigue bar has a range of 15.

Each day that a gal performs at the Glamour Slam or Meta Bordello, fatigue is added to her Fatigue stat. The number currently being added is:

Dancing + 1
Stripping + 1.1
Eroplay + 1.2
Bordello Room + 1.3
Private Show + 1.4
Playpen + 1.5

The idea here being that some activities are more strenuous than others...

There's a colored fatigue bar that appears under each gal's slot pic in the Management screen, that shows her current fatigue level. Fatigue level is also displayed on the Profiles screen.

Fatigue is restored by Unassigning a gal, or letting her rest.
4.5 to 5 points are restored by resting.

Other activities (such as having sex with said gal in her quarters) will also affect fatigue.

Fatigue affects the amount of income a girl earns each night if scheduled at the GS/MB. The modifier is essntially:
Money * (100 - (fatigue level squared))
So if a gal's fatigue is 10 or higher, she won't earn you any money. A fatigue level of 5 will reduce income by 25%. You get the idea here.

There's a 'refuses to work' routine if a girl's fatigue is higher than a 'trigger' threshold, where she simply does not work. This is done automatically, and that gal goes home to rest (and restores a bit of fatigue at that point).

I'm still fine tuning the numbers here, but that's the basic rundown on how Fatigue works.

One other note. You will note that in the Glamour Slam and Meta bordello, there are 3 and 2 'on call' slots respectively. Gals assigned to this position will replace the first gal that has a fatigue level above a certain level, and the other gal is 'swapped' into the 'on call' at that point, and is unavailable for the rest of that night (i.e. she isn't 'swapped back in as she's sent home to rest).

There's a second 'fatigue bar' that appears underneath the 'on call' girl's fatigue bar. This bar defaults at 'Fatigue level 5', but can be adjusted to set at which point the 'on call' gal should replace the first gal that has a fatigue level above that value. Essentially, just click or drag this bar to set this threshold to a new level. Note that this level can be set individually for each activity, so you can tailor things a bit based on the gals that you have working currently.

---

Income Earned

The amount of income earned each night (as of the next update) is based on which position a gal is assigned to. Essentially:

Dancing 1500 + (1-750)
Stripping 1800 + (1-900)
Eroplay 2100 + (1 - 1050)
Bordello Chambers 2400 + (1-1200)
Private rooms 2700 + (1-1350)
Playpen 3000 + (1-1500)

---

OK, that's the 'under the hood' stuff that I can think of atm that hasn't been detailed extensively in this thread as of yet.

This number is reduced by the fatigue level adjustment (fatigue level squared), and on Fridays and Saturdays this amount is increased by 35%.
This number is also adjusted by the Glamour Slam/Meta Bordello income bonus, and will also be adjusted by an assigned henchman's modifier once I code that in.

I also have an idea where the 'leash scenes' at the Glamour Slam or in the Alley will generate a bit of income, but that hasn't been explored yet.

---

A quick note about choice menu positioning...

So, for those that are coding stuff for SU ReImagined, you probably have noted that the 'choice menu' is bouncing all over the place. This is being accomplished with the menu_pos variable, which has been created/assigned specifically to position the choice menu.

Essentially , just before the menu: tag, add say
$menu_pos = "fr"
and the choice menu will be centered vertically, while shifted a little bit to the right.

The position options that have currently been set up in screens.rpy are:

Code:
        if menu_pos == "fr":
            xalign 0.8
            yalign 0.5
        elif menu_pos == "ftr":
            xalign 0.8
            yalign 0.25
        elif menu_pos == "cr":
            xalign 0.95
            yalign 0.5
        elif menu_pos == "bcr"
            xalign 0.95
            yalign 0.7
        elif menu_pos == "br":
            xalign 0.95
            yalign 0.85
        elif menu_pos == "tr":
            xalign 0.95
            yalign 0.15
        elif menu_pos == "fl":
            xalign 0.3
            yalign 0.5
        elif menu_pos == "ftl":
            xalign 0.3
            yalign 0.25
        elif menu_pos == "cl":
            xalign 0.05
            yalign 0.5
        elif menu_pos == "bcl":
            xalign 0.05
            yalign 0.7
        elif menu_pos == "bl":
            xalign 0.05
            yalign 0.85
        elif menu_pos == "tl":
            xalign 0.05
            yalign 0.15

else: #any other value will center this menu
            xalign 0.5
            yalign 0.5
More can be added fairly easily if needed, but this gives you a bunch of choice menu positioning options already.
The rule of 3, in most cell scenes barring a couple, as regards to BJ, sex and anal, seemed to be about where Lex would cum. 1st scene outside, 2nd time inside then 3rd would give the player a choice of where to finish.

I don't mind a system where you could skip doing certain activities 3 times, as long as we can always have the option to go back and do them anyway. The corruption points as you have them look right.

Batgirl visits Supergirls cell
Miss martian visits Artemis
Vixen visits Hawkgirl
In order to get the 'choice' option for Blowjobs, etc. inside or outside, you'd still need to do the activity three times. And you can already repeat activities, so that wouldn't change. The only thing that would change here is the requirement to do an activity three times before moving on to the next level...

Something that IS different in ReImagined is allowing up to 3 interactions in a cell each night, after a certain point (i.e. usually after the first few conversations). The idea here is to allow players to say start with a stripshow, then blowjob, then on to sex in the same session.

An interesting option along these lines is to put a 'would you like to take things further' at the end of an activity, IF corruptionlevel will allow, i.e.

"You shoot your load down Supergirl's throat."
if Supergirl_corruption > 20 and Supergirl_interactions < 3:
"Supergirl seems to be really turned on! Maybe you could take things further..."

menu:
"On to sex!"
jump Supergirl_sextime

"Better not push things..."
jump Supergirl_interactions_finished

This brings up an interesting discussion about what the 'penalty' is for pushing things if you haven't had sex with Supergirl (or whomever) yet after the blowjob is done.

I'm thinking that maybe the first time, if a 'followup' action, might incur extra fatigue for Supergirl, as she's sort of resistant to the idea but into it at the same time...

I thought about lessening the corruption point reward if you push things, but I don't really like that idea.

Plus, as we don't have any 'break control' mechanics, the whole idea of 'pushing a girl too far' is more of an abstract concept brought up occasionally in dialogue than a 'hard game mechanic'.

Hmmm, maybe in this instance, you could only 'push' things if you have two interaction points to spare, i.e.

if Supergirl_interactions < 2
instead of
if Supergirl_interactions < 3

And the act of 'pushing' would add +2 interaction instead of 1.

So yeah, mostly rambling, but I'd REALLY like to add a bit of flexibility to cell scenes if we can manage it!

Edit: I had another thought. Essentially a small overlay screen in a corner that shows Lex's fatigue, the girl's current Corruption and Fatigue, and her interaction points left.

This could be built into a more interesting cell dynamic, especially if there was a 'mood' stat to keep an eye on. Putting the girl in a better mood could make it easier to progress more quckly, etc.

That's 'next level' stuff though, but if a decent system could be envisioned, well it's not ouside of the realm of possibility in the future...

Last edited:

stink.toes

Mar 22, 2021
MR WEE,

Great work on this project, impressive!
I think the rule of three is not a good idea. It seems like a stalling tactic for sr7 to stretch content on each release.
Instead, you are on the right track with more actions per visit. But, consider making the scenes limited by a factor besides a simple count, like your mood idea but maybe more complex.., (maybe not as complex as roguelike).

I will think about a suggestion.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, attached is the first patch for 0.27.

To install, drag/merge the /game folder inside of the attached 0.27a folder inside of your SU ReImagined-0.27-pc (or mac) folder. This will ask you if you want to overwrite a bunch of files, yes you do...

It fixes a few reported issues (Lois Dialogue typos, Roulette variable issues, couple of others), but the main thing is a redesigned Girl Management Interface: I showed it off before, here's the screenshot again:

The short form is:

1) Use the Manage/Profiles/Roster tabs at the top to switch between this screen and the Assignments and Profile screens. Roster = Assignments

2) The 'Clear Schedule" button now gives you a choice of setting ALL of the currently scheduled girls at the GS or MB to either Unassigned or Crimefighting. Aa before, Crimefighting restores less fatigue but helps reduce the threat level, Unassigned sends the girls home to rest (will show as Resting at Home the following night). Note that you can change these assignments individually as needed on this screen after 'clearing the schedule'.

3) The "Lexcorp Quarters" button you probably will not see for a while. This is for later when Starfire gets cell content. No ETA on that, nobody is working on Starfire currently

4) If the now much more colorful slot background has a blue transparent overlay, that slot is unavailable to you (presumably because your Lexcon device level is too low for that slot). The 'Locked' overlays are also colored blue, and obviously you'll need to click on those slots and pay the amount shown in the overlay text for that slot to unlock it. So same as before, it's just a semi-transparent blue overlay now instead of a solid button.

Those are the changes pretty much I think. I just wanted to make something prettier, the green overlay screen was fine but yeah...

I forgot to change the version number in this patch (so it'll still show at 0.27), but I suspect that there will be another patch sometime this week so I'll fix it in the next patch. It's actually not hard to change, I'm just being lazy atm...

Thanks much again to Chrisdarock19 and BastardX for the bug/typo reports!
(y)

As usual, if you have any issues, feedback is always appreciated!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I'm still doing minor tweaks here and there to the code, and getting ready to start tackling the Meta Bordello screens, and maybe code a few Catwoman scenes...

Anyways, at least from my perspective, I've come to a decision of sorts.

So as you know, one of the purposes of this proof of concept demo is to encourage the addition of new content that we won't see in SU Unity anytime soon.

Sure, porting over more of the existing content is a worthy endeavor as well, but people are already familiar with this content, and I think they'd be more interested in seeing new stuff ingame at this point, having played through the various quarters scenes in SU many many times over the years as new updates are released...

So while I'm definitely going to continue to encourage others to transcribe existing content for the various girl packs, MY focus will remain on interface design, and creating new content.

This door was cracked open a while back now when we added Power Girl sprites -thanks again Sinner87 for those! Sinner87 has been slowly hammering away at creating other sprites, and we are now at the point that we have a decent amount of Quarters scenes content and such to write up a few scenes for Power Girl.

There's a couple of other 'new to SU' characters that will be introduced as well.

The whole point of creating a Ren'Py version is to open the door for modding and custom content, and I'm definitely going to lean hard into that.

One other note. I mentioned 'event packs' before. What I mean by this is that it's pretty easy to add 'one off' events into SU ReImagined, the main thing is to figure out how to trigger these. Setting up triggers is easy actually, but for consistency sake they should be placed in certain places (say the end of night/start of next day routines). The tricky part here is that I'm trying to set things up so that people don't need to mess with the 'core' game files, instead there should be some routine that checks for such things.

I've done this already with a few other things in SU ReImagined, such as how new girls are introduced, but I won't bore you with all of the details for this. My point is that, at least for events, EVERYTHING can be handled in it's own .rpy file, I just need to add the 'if these conditions are met, jump to this label' to the core build in some fashion. And events could be tied to specific characters, Themyscira, Kasnia, the Yacht event, etc. in SU Unity are good examples of how this can work.

In any case, I have a story arc with a bunch of 'sub-arcs' in mind for ReImagined, and now that I've hit a few mileposts with the ReImagined backbone, I can now start to focus on these.

My point with this ramble is that, for people that want to learn how to write scenes in Ren'Py, and want to help port over existing content from SU Unity, that's a perfect opportunity to 'get you feet wet' with Ren'Py so to speak. Transcribing existing scenes actually is fairly easy, thanks to joepe having extracted the dialogue from SU Unity already. The tricky part is setting up the extracted sprites for these scenes. This is actually pretty easy to do as well, it's just tedious work, which requires a bit of patience and focus.

And, if you have some cool idea for a side story for one of the girls or whatever, absolutely if you want to use that as an excuse to learn how to do stuff in Ren'Py, that's fine too! As long as it sorta kinda fits the existing story framework of course!

Showcasing new story lines and new content is one of the things SU ReImagined is for, after all!
;)

Last edited:

Sinner87

Jun 22, 2017
I've been MIA here and on the main fanart page for a while. But fear not work has been done. Nude and normal outfits for Power Girl are done and just waiting to be integrated into the game via OhWee's story expansion, no known ETA. I'm now at work on her Sloot Outfit. As previously mentioned it's inspired ThePit's artwork. Also, none of Galatea's sex scenes have been recycled. Power Girl is getting her own set via sprite bashing. Only her talking pose was recycled. Here's a preview of her outfit. Power Sloot Preview.png

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick update.

So, you may have noticed the 'This is the first time that you've hired Cheetah' or whomever in the SU ReImagined Legion Hideout hire routines...

This is placeholder text, until I got around to transcribing the actual 'hire' dialogues from SU Unity. Note that I always found it annoying to have to repeat fast forwarding through this text in SU Unity on subsequent hire routines.

I'm setting up these conversations now, but note that in SU ReImagined, you'll only see this dialogue the first time you hire a character.

I also shortened these routines a bit (less clicks). And note that the 'hire' button is already locked out if you don't have enough money to hire whomever, so you won't see the 'can't hire' dialogue, although the first time you will be given the option to 'change your mind' which has the 'don't bother me then' conversations, and until you actually hire them the first time, said hire conversation will be shown again.

I am including a more lengthy explanation of how retainers work in these first conversations.

HOWEVER, in lieu of repeating these conversations each time, I've also set up something for later. The idea is that the fourth time you hire a villain, they may have a special request in lieu of their 'usual fee'...

These special requests will vary based on the villain, as each villian will have their own request label for this, so at that point, well the side plot can be whatever side plot is developed. They could theoretically even be multi-day affairs perhaps, but yeah we'll cross that bridge when said side plots are being scripted.

At some point, I need to set up an 'away variant' of the nightly check routines so that Lexcorp, the Glamour Slam and the Meta Bordello can run on 'autopilot' if Lex is otherwise occupied, say if he's in prison or on an extended mission or something.

But back on topic, I can add more flexibility (i.e. additional condition checks) later. Note that if the 'special request' hasn't been set up yet, then you'll just see the 'usual' routine. The main thing is that you'll see the 'hire conversations' once for each villain, afterwhich the 'terms of hire' have already been established so no need to repeat said conversations again unless something special is going on...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote