[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
So I'm staring at the Legion Interface screen that I created, and pondering how to re-purpose it for the Henchwomen pool.

The main issue that I'm still struggling with is what else Henchwomen can do if not traveling alongside Lex. In SU Unity, they essentially just hang out in their cell until picked as Lex's shadow...

I had hoped to generate a conversation about this, an exchange and discussion of various ideas, but so far there's been very little feedback at all about this idea. It's a cool idea, but it needs to be fleshed out.

I'm currently thinking that other assignments could be Enforcement Duties (reduction of Threat Level), Item Recovery/Acquisition missions, Research/Technology heists, and Espionage missions. Also maybe Lexcon device capture missions involving heroes (Batman/Bruce Wayne, other really rich guys) to 'enlist' their customership at the GS/MB to help increase Lex's coffers and maybe to assist with other things later...

A number of these would involve sending the Henchwomen out of the city on extended missions, hence making them 'different' than regular heists. Regular heists generally happen in a single night, while some of these would be multi-day affairs, perhaps with another 'on payroll' Henchman as a second on said missions. Lex would want trusted associates heading said missions, hence the dipping into the Henchwoman pool...

As to how exactly those might work, yeah I was hoping to have a discussion about this with y'all to help flesh this out.

There could be other assignments as well, ideas are welcome!
:cool:
If you're sending henchwomen out on extended missions, I suggest you make Poison Ivy a henchwoman. The advantage there being that she can be used to capture male heroes should the need arise.

You might also want to consider modified henchwoman status for Catwoman and Roulette. Catwoman, (Selina Kyle), might be advantageous to corrupting Batman/Bruce Wayne. A fully subservient Lois Lane and Lana Lang could be utilized to double team and seduce Superman. Darcy might be able or not able to corrupt Cyborg, but it would sure be fun to try.

I've pushed for establishing an ongoing conflict/rivalry with Grodd but the biggest potential conflict will be with Darkseid. It will be absolutely necessary for Luthor to get some type of control or alliance with the heroes for that one. A point of conflict between Luthor and Darkseid might be over Brainiac. If Darkseid believes that Brainiac holds a key to the Anti-Life equation due to Brainiac's harvesting of different alien civilizations, Darkseid will go after it.

Last edited:
Reactions: vireker and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If you're sending henchwomen out on extended missions, I suggest you make Poison Ivy a henchwoman. The advantage there being that she can be used to capture male heroes should the need arise.

You might also want to consider modified henchwoman status for Catwoman and Roulette. Catwoman, (Selina Kyle), might be advantageous to corrupting Batman/Bruce Wayne. A fully subservient Lois Lane and Lana Lang could be utilized to double team and seduce Superman. Darcy might be able or not able to corrupt Cyborg, but it would sure be fun to try.

I've pushed for establishing an ongoing conflict/rivalry with Grodd but the biggest potential conflict will be with Darkseid. It will be absolutely necessary for Luthor to get some type of control or alliance with the heroes for that one. A point of conflict between Luthor and Darkseid might be over Brainiac. If Darkseid believes that Brainiac holds a key to the Anti-Life equation due to Brainiac's harvesting of different alien civilizations, Darkseid will go after it.
So, to bring this around to 'game mechanics', an idea I had r.e. espionage is that Lex would assign a henchwoman to infiltrate someone's ranks (say Grodd or Darkseid as examples) to gather intel on their activities. In game terms, there should be some sort of goal/reward for this, that helps Lex out in some fashion.

I think it's important to stay 'mostly true' to what SU is, which is a sex game, it's all about corrupting gals and having sex with them. Other stuff shouldn't stray too far from this IMHO, and 'added content' needs to lean into this. Other games are better suited for a 'good vs evil battles' kind of stuff, that's not what SU is.

Anyways, in my mind Lex is a 'plans within plans' kind of guy, and he's not going to take on Darkseid, Grodd, etc. directly if he doesn't need to. He'd rather find leverage angles to use against them when the time comes. Darkseid and Grodd are more rivals than enemies, so Lex will be looking for ways to 'one up' them. In the context of SU, right now Lex's goal is to collect as many sexy super/hero types for sexy fun time as he can, for reasons...

Anything else is a distraction. And that's what I'm struggling with right now. A number of us WANT henchwomen to play a larger role, but the farther away we get from the 'core game goals' the less relevant stuff becomes, at least in the context of SU.

---

Which is why I like the espionage/spy/mole angle, as long as it furthers Lex's current goals in some way:

- More money seems kind of lame to me, as Lex already has an income stream from the GS/MB, and heists cover that as well.​
- As I said, getting leads for/enticing more gals to add to the 'harem ranks' from Lex's rivals sounds interesting, but of course then we need artwork for said gals...​
- Interesting tech that helps further Lex's current goals could be interesting, such as info on dimensional portals and such (to acquire more gals if artwork is available).​
- Cloning Lex already seems to have a handle on, so I'm not sure more needs to be done here, Lex can just get DNA samples from the gals he's corrupting already if he wants. I suppose that maybe 'special tech' might be needed for Alien cloning (say Miss Martian or Starfire) which COULD require a special mission, but this could also just be some sort of 'regular' heist. But more cloning is kind of a separate subject otherwise. It's easy to implement, but what are the downsides/limitations that stops Lex from just doing this to begin with?​
- Acquiring tech to help defend against some sort of End Game situation (say unknown aliens that will be attacking Earth again at some point) is a thought, this ties in to my alternate backstory, but again I don't want to shift the focus TOO FAR from the core of SU, which is sexy fun time with sexy super heroine/villainess types...​

---

Anyways, yeah that's what I'm pondering atm. More thoughts on this are welcome!

Reactions: Jimwalrus

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
So, to bring this around to 'game mechanics', an idea I had r.e. espionage is that Lex would assign a henchwoman to infiltrate someone's ranks (say Grodd or Darkseid as examples) to gather intel on their activities. In game terms, there should be some sort of goal/reward for this, that helps Lex out in some fashion.

I think it's important to stay 'mostly true' to what SU is, which is a sex game, it's all about corrupting gals and having sex with them. Other stuff shouldn't stray too far from this IMHO, and 'added content' needs to lean into this. Other games are better suited for a 'good vs evil battles' kind of stuff, that's not what SU is.

Anyways, in my mind Lex is a 'plans within plans' kind of guy, and he's not going to take on Darkseid, Grodd, etc. directly if he doesn't need to. He'd rather find leverage angles to use against them when the time comes. Darkseid and Grodd are more rivals than enemies, so Lex will be looking for ways to 'one up' them. In the context of SU, right now Lex's goal is to collect as many sexy super/hero types for sexy fun time as he can, for reasons...

Anything else is a distraction. And that's what I'm struggling with right now. A number of us WANT henchwomen to play a larger role, but the farther away we get from the 'core game goals' the less relevant stuff becomes, at least in the context of SU.

---

Which is why I like the espionage/spy/mole angle, as long as it furthers Lex's current goals in some way:

- More money seems kind of lame to me, as Lex already has an income stream from the GS/MB, and heists cover that as well.​
- As I said, getting leads for/enticing more gals to add to the 'harem ranks' from Lex's rivals sounds interesting, but of course then we need artwork for said gals...​
- Interesting tech that helps further Lex's current goals could be interesting, such as info on dimensional portals and such (to acquire more gals if artwork is available).​
- Cloning Lex already seems to have a handle on, so I'm not sure more needs to be done here, Lex can just get DNA samples from the gals he's corrupting already if he wants. I suppose that maybe 'special tech' might be needed for Alien cloning (say Miss Martian or Starfire) which COULD require a special mission, but this could also just be some sort of 'regular' heist. But more cloning is kind of a separate subject otherwise. It's easy to implement, but what are the downsides/limitations that stops Lex from just doing this to begin with?​
- Acquiring tech to help defend against some sort of End Game situation (say unknown aliens that will be attacking Earth again at some point) is a thought, this ties in to my alternate backstory, but again I don't want to shift the focus TOO FAR from the core of SU, which is sexy fun time with sexy super heroine/villainess types...​

---

Option number C would seem to be the most appropriate (although the word used by HR would probably be "inappropriate"...)

Perhaps allowing a link to a world where a game, movie or tv show is real? Summon / capture girls from within :devilish:

Reactions: OhWee

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017

---

---

I agree that Luthor is more inclined towards plans within plans. His subjugation of the heroines for the purpose of his own amusement seems like something he would get bored with quickly. I keep getting the feeling that their subjugation is only one step in a more complex plan.

I also agree that Luthor would avoid direct confrontation with potential rivals but would work clandestinally to disrupt their operations and not let any of them get too powerful. You also have an opponent that took out a contract against him with the League of Assassins that hasn't been uncovered yet. There are a lot of clandestine/espionage missions that can be generated from that aspect of gameplay. The rewards for such missions might be monetary but could also be a wide variety of things such as artifacts, access to specific sex partners, revenge, information, finding or rescuei of a missing family member, etc.

• Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I agree that Luthor is more inclined towards plans within plans. His subjugation of the heroines for the purpose of his own amusement seems like something he would get bored with quickly. I keep getting the feeling that their subjugation is only one step in a more complex plan.

I also agree that Luthor would avoid direct confrontation with potential rivals but would work clandestinally to disrupt their operations and not let any of them get too powerful. You also have an opponent that took out a contract against him with the League of Assassins that hasn't been uncovered yet. There are a lot of clandestine/espionage missions that can be generated from that aspect of gameplay. The rewards for such missions might be monetary but could also be a wide variety of things such as artifacts, access to specific sex partners, revenge, information, finding or rescuei of a missing family member, etc.
Your 'rescue' idea has interesting possibilities. This could work into various story arcs, as an example to help push some Superheroine over some sex threshold/corruption level, you might feel the need to 'rescue' someone that is important to her, so that she could be 'begrudgingly grateful' for your assistance. That's just one example, this could also tie in to prerequisites to recruit a specific Villainess, etc...

Nice idea!
:D

Also, Lex DOES need to get some revenge on Grodd at some point for the whole prison thing... sure, Lex ends up with a bunch of potential new recruits after that, but still, it's the principle of the thing... That sounds like something that would be very appropriate for a Henchwoman assignment!

One other thing that's going to come up fairly quickly is stats for Lex's other Henchwomen (say Harley & Harley 2, Superwoman, Galatea, etc.). SR7 hasn't assigned stats to these other gals, but if they are going to be moving between pools, it'd be nice to have stats for them as well... Suggestions for the stats for various Henchwomen and other gals are welcome!

I've floated the idea previously about moving girls between pools, really this is an idea that's been suggested by a lot of people over the years. I.E. putting Harley to work in the Glamour Slam, etc... This isn't hard to do, the only major holdback will be additional artwork. Sure, to some degree cell sprites can be repurposed for GS/MB, but more sprites will be needed. The Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart thread has a number of suitable pieces of artwork, but no one has stepped up as a potential 'art director' to curate such things yet...

---

One quick note:

So I have the Dancing/Stripping/Eroplay stuff in the Glamour Slam set up to work 'automatically' without having to reference a gal's own .rpy file for the associated Heroines. There are a couple of interesting situations here though that have me wanting to change this methodology.

Essentially, due to how 'unique' the Meta Bordello scenes are, my thoughts for the Meta Bordello are to code these scenes in each girl's own .rpy file (i.e. Hawkgirl.rpy or whatever) and have the game check for specific labels (i.e if label Harkgirl_Bedchambers exists yet or not, etc.). If the label doesn't exist, you'd just get a message 'scene not available yet'.

There are a couple of 'unique' situations in the Glamour Slam, specifically Artemis has four outfit variations to consider, and Batgirl has two. Most other girls just have one. Anyways, moving the Dancing/Stripping/Eroplay stuff to unique labels for each gal would allow a lot more flexibility r.e. what scenes are available, and could allow 'alternate' scenes using some of the Sprites from the Re-Mix/Fanart thread as well as the 'ingame' ones, with some sort of random selector, costume check or whatever to pick which scene is displayed on a given night...

Anyways, yeah, this is something I'll need to tackle fairly soon, but right now I'm hoping to get the barebones of a Henchwoman interface set up, once I've figured out what options/activities make the most sense and set up a suitable layout for this set of screens...

Last edited:

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
BTW - did you happen to pick up the DC free sampler on free comic book day? DC is apparently pushing a new story line where Amanda Waller has retrieved something called the helmet of hate, (sort of an anti-Dr Fate helmet). Waller has apparently gone completely off the rails and is offering full pardons to any villian that kills a superhero.

Realizing that Earth 69 may be separate reality from DC's current Earth reality, if she manages to get some of the heroines killed off that are performing in GS & MB, it may complicate storylines, . . .

• Angry

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so while I ponder the Henchwomen situation, in the meantime Henchwomen need to be assigned stats...

Here's the Villains stat graphic that I made a while back in this thread:

We need stats for Blackfire, Giganta, Harley 1 & 2, Superwoman and Terra. Probably Darci too...

Feel free to throw out suggestions!

Also, one 'easy' thing that I can do is add the other Henchwomen to the Villain Interface picker (in a manner similar to Mercy and Tala), probably after some milestone is met (i.e. when they 'officially' become a Henchwoman). Which would also bring up the issue of 'pay' but one thing at a time...

Note that this doesn't preclude the other assignments discussion that we've been having, that'll still be handled via a separate batch of screens. One idea I had while experimenting with the layout in Photoshop is to have a Henchwoman and hireling be sent on rescue missions (i.e. say Wonder Woman is captured and Lex becomes annoyed that Diana didn't show up one day, and through his Lexcon device he figures out that Wonder Woman has been captured by Grodd or someone...). Another idea might be 'assist' missions, i.e. Lex decides that it serves Lex's interests to send one of his Henchwomen to assist Batman whom is currently investigating Cadmus...
:unsure:

Anyways, yeah, need Henchwomen stats! Stat suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cult of Ape

Kain2358

Mar 30, 2019
(...) I also agree that Luthor would avoid direct confrontation with potential rivals but would work clandestinally to disrupt their operations and not let any of them get too powerful. You also have an opponent that took out a contract against him with the League of Assassins that hasn't been uncovered yet. (...)
I believe the League was hired by Talia herself. There was something in her dialogues along the lines of "I needed to test you to consider you for taking over after my father. If you were not strong enough to overcome my assassin, I would not ally with you."

On a different note:
Do we know what Grodd is doing? He tried the "turn all people into gorillas" thing and it failed. We know he is baiting Lex with a piece of Braniac that Grodd may or may not actually have. We know he is working with Waller on something or he just tipped her off. What is his plan? It Lex wants to send his henchwomen to thwart Grodds plans, he needs to know what Grodd is up to.

Maybe there might be some "counter heists" where you send your trusted henchwomen to disrupt Grodds heists. Do stuff that draws the heat from Lex's own operation and towards some rival villain. It could temporarily stop the Threat level from increasing or even decrease it a little as the police and/or Justice League focuses on different part of the city/world.
It might be good for the mid-game when you still have a lot of gals working in GS or MB and not yet in your cells. It might partially eliminate the need to have heroines spend time fighting crime.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I believe the League was hired by Talia herself. There was something in her dialogues along the lines of "I needed to test you to consider you for taking over after my father. If you were not strong enough to overcome my assassin, I would not ally with you."

On a different note:
Do we know what Grodd is doing? He tried the "turn all people into gorillas" thing and it failed. We know he is baiting Lex with a piece of Braniac that Grodd may or may not actually have. We know he is working with Waller on something or he just tipped her off. What is his plan? It Lex wants to send his henchwomen to thwart Grodds plans, he needs to know what Grodd is up to.

Maybe there might be some "counter heists" where you send your trusted henchwomen to disrupt Grodds heists. Do stuff that draws the heat from Lex's own operation and towards some rival villain. It could temporarily stop the Threat level from increasing or even decrease it a little as the police and/or Justice League focuses on different part of the city/world.
It might be good for the mid-game when you still have a lot of gals working in GS or MB and not yet in your cells. It might partially eliminate the need to have heroines spend time fighting crime.
There are a lot of potential villains that might want to take out a contract on Luthor. Vandal Savage, Maxwell Lord, Amanda Waller, Dr. Sivana, the Brain, Brother Blood, Cobra and Martha Stewart, (Yes, I'm Evil! - It's a good thing!). Talia wasn't on my list because she wouldn't do it without first getting her father's approval. To get Ras's approval, Ras would have to personally break his prior agreement with Luthor. That would have severe complications if Luthor were to find out.

Grodd's and Luthor's egos are such that each believe themselves to be smarter than the other and thus the most intelligent on Earth. Neither of them would be satisfied with merely defeating the other but want the other to admit that their opponent is the smarter one. From Luthor's standpoint, this is just one more game for his entertainment.

• Thinking Face

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Stats

Blackfire close but higher than Star Starfire stats
Harley 1 & 2 stats similar to mercy,
Superwoman stats like Wonder Woman or Lobo
Terra is a level 2 so like Livewire
Darci stats close to Metallo maybe more intelligence as a Lex AI upgrade

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
OK, so while I ponder the Henchwomen situation, in the meantime Henchwomen need to be assigned stats...

Here's the Villains stat graphic that I made a while back in this thread:

We need stats for Blackfire, Giganta, Harley 1 & 2, Superwoman and Terra. Probably Darci too...

Feel free to throw out suggestions!

Also, one 'easy' thing that I can do is add the other Henchwomen to the Villain Interface picker (in a manner similar to Mercy and Tala), probably after some milestone is met (i.e. when they 'officially' become a Henchwoman). Which would also bring up the issue of 'pay' but one thing at a time...

Note that this doesn't preclude the other assignments discussion that we've been having, that'll still be handled via a separate batch of screens. One idea I had while experimenting with the layout in Photoshop is to have a Henchwoman and hireling be sent on rescue missions (i.e. say Wonder Woman is captured and Lex becomes annoyed that Diana didn't show up one day, and through his Lexcon device he figures out that Wonder Woman has been captured by Grodd or someone...). Another idea might be 'assist' missions, i.e. Lex decides that it serves Lex's interests to send one of his Henchwomen to assist Batman whom is currently investigating Cadmus...
:unsure:

Anyways, yeah, need Henchwomen stats! Stat suggestions?
Galatea max stats on everything

• Haha

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I'm slowly feeling my way through the Henchwomen Profile screen atm...

Here's my current mockup:

SU_ReImagined_HenchwomenScreenWIP1.jpg

Not quite sure what I'm doing with the tabs atm, they sorta kinda don't quite fit into the 'flow' of this set of screens. Some assignements simply won't require a new screen, as the assignments will be pretty straightforward. The only one that might need a separate screen would be the 'special missions' screen which might also need a hireling to be assigned as a second for that mission...

The area below the Corruption Level bar I'm thinking of setting up some sort of 'picker' that'll choose between assignments, such as:
- Lex's shadow (travels with Lex)
- Lexcorp Offices (administration)
- Legion Hideout (available for heists)
- Missions (such as rescue attempts, espionage, etc. these missions will pop up as conditions are met...)

The 'Is Attracted To' thing is mainly to highlight extra quarters scene content that may be available if that gal is currently your shadow (in this case, Mercy and Lois have extra scenes in Lois' cell...)

Not sure about the area below the outfit selector yet (i.e. what could go there, besides the date, money available and threat level bar...) BTW, the 'not on duty thing' means that certain outfits will be automatically chosen when assigned to certain duties (i.e. if assigned to the Lexcorp Offices, the office outfit is automatically chosen, the Lexcorp uniform options might be automatically chosen for certain missions, etc.), so the selector is mainly for Quarters scenes, although some flexibility may be allowed in other assignments.

The 'Available Henchwoman' picker would show the currently relevant outfit (so in this example, since Galatea is assigned to the Lexcorp Offices, her icon is changed to the Office Outfit). Superwoman is in her fancy dress because she's entertaining visitors...

I had a fun idea as I was putting this together in Photoshop where Lex might 'lure' potential investors to the Yacht for business meetings or whatever, and in this case Superwoman has been assigned to the Yacht as eye candy. This could theoretically mean sexy fun time for the 'target' investor/important guest as well, but again that's just an idea that popped into my head.

There's so many fun ideas that can tie into the Yacht. Lex could invite rivals to his Yacht to discuss things, and of course while they are there, perhaps some of the controlled Heroines are on hand to sweeten any deals...

As for the Lexcorp Offices, I tried to understand the triggers involved that unlock the offices in the code that joepe shared, but they are a bit weird... As far as I can tell, 10 particular conversations with Mercy need to have happened, and also it looks like Tala Blowjobs may be involved, I'm not quite sure...

Anyways, IN MY MIND, after certain thresholds have been met, my idea was that you'd have to spend money to unlock the offices, as they need to be renovated first as a bunch of stuff was seized when Lex was last arrested, so he needs to get things up to snuff first. Anyways, yeah that's a thought I had.

Same for the Yacht. The Yacht needs to be pulled out of impound, which of course involves impound fees, then renovated before Yacht parties can be scheduled. After that point, Lex could schedule Yacht parties on the weekends, for a nominal fee of course...

Anyways, yeah offices and yachts are a bit down the road still, the main thing right now is working out what's going on with the Henchwoman interface... feedback is of course always welcome!

Last edited:

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Looking good as always. Love the 'Is attracted to' that is a cool addition.

I like the idea of additional parties on the Yacht, there are so many rich DC good/bad guys that Lex could get there for legit business or blackmail purposes.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Why not have a yacht party where the rich investor guests are pulled from the heroes list. Bruce Wayne and Oliver Queen come to mind immediately with Clark Kent reporting for the Daily Planet and maybe Vandal Savage and Arthur Curry, and a few Well heeled villainesses such as Selina Kyle, Circe and Carol Ferris would also be on the guest list

Now, just for fun, Lois Lane, Lana lang, Barbar Gordon, Artemis and Zatanna work the party as scantily clad wait staff complete with collars and lead lined masks. (I wasn't sure as to whether Diana Prince should be a guest or wait staff)

Now that the board is set, we get to play a game of who seduces/corrupts who. If you have a point system, you can have Toyman keep score, (and videos for later).

• Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Making progress on the Henchwoman screen...

SU_ReImagined_HenchwomenScreenWIP2.jpg

Still very much a work in progress, but I wanted to talk about 'Available Assignments'...

BTW, the five icons in the 'Available Assignments' row are for the Legion Hideout, Lexcorp Offices, Fighting Crime (lowers threat level by 5-10 points depending on tier), Covert Ops, and of course Resting. The icon just above is the "Lex's Aide" icon, which essentially means that the gal is Lex's shadow...

So, except for the 'Resting' option, I've set up these icons so that only one girl can be assigned to a given Assignment category at a time. This means that if Mercy is currently Lex's Aide, Harley won't see the 'Lex's Aide' icon in the Assignment picker. Also, I'm thinking that the other assignments might have a fatigue cost, to encourage the need for a 'loyal henchwoman' to 'rest and recuperate' every so often.

This also means that Mercy will not be available at the Legion Hideout if she's busy being Lex's aide...

Also note that I've set up this screen so that at least one Henchwoman needs to be Lex's Aide at all times. I may waive this requirement if Lex only has one 'loyal Henchwoman' available, I'm still playing around with this idea.

In any case, the idea here is that since 'Loyal Henchwomen' are cheap, this balances that to some degree, as only one henchwoman can be assigned to each assignment type at any given time. This will make having multiple henchwomen MUCH more meaningful. Also, note that this means that Harley can now be assigned to the Legion Hideout to help with heists. Of course, Harley + Tala on a heist would of course still mean 0% chance of success, similar to Mercy and Tala.

I also had the idea that each 'loyal henchwoman' would earn a small percentage of Lex's income each night. Say 5% or so per henchwoman (so if you have all six henchwomen, they would earn a total of 30% of Lex's income). Unless they are resting of course...

Anyways, just a few ideas I had. Feedback is always welcome!

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Making progress on the Henchwoman screen...

View attachment 2630901

Still very much a work in progress, but I wanted to talk about 'Available Assignments'...

BTW, the five icons in the 'Available Assignments' row are for the Legion Hideout, Lexcorp Offices, Fighting Crime (lowers threat level by 5-10 points depending on tier), Covert Ops, and of course Resting. The icon just above is the "Lex's Aide" icon, which essentially means that the gal is Lex's shadow...

So, except for the 'Resting' option, I've set up these icons so that only one girl can be assigned to a given Assignment category at a time. This means that if Mercy is currently Lex's Aide, Harley won't see the 'Lex's Aide' icon in the Assignment picker. Also, I'm thinking that the other assignments might have a fatigue cost, to encourage the need for a 'loyal henchwoman' to 'rest and recuperate' every so often.

This also means that Mercy will not be available at the Legion Hideout if she's busy being Lex's aide...

Also note that I've set up this screen so that at least one Henchwoman needs to be Lex's Aide at all times. I may waive this requirement if Lex only has one 'loyal Henchwoman' available, I'm still playing around with this idea.

In any case, the idea here is that since 'Loyal Henchwomen' are cheap, this balances that to some degree, as only one henchwoman can be assigned to each assignment type at any given time. This will make having multiple henchwomen MUCH more meaningful. Also, note that this means that Harley can now be assigned to the Legion Hideout to help with heists. Of course, Harley + Tala on a heist would of course still mean 0% chance of success, similar to Mercy and Tala.

I also had the idea that each 'loyal henchwoman' would earn a small percentage of Lex's income each night. Say 5% or so per henchwoman (so if you have all six henchwomen, they would earn a total of 30% of Lex's income). Unless they are resting of course...

Anyways, just a few ideas I had. Feedback is always welcome!
Like the idea of them earning a %age, making it more believable that they'd get pissed off by being dropped.

Also, having the concept of a 'Resting' henchwoman opens up another avenue I've thought could work well - the more 'infatuated' henchwomen (Mercy, Harley & Galatea) could start to secretly take on heists alongside retained villains to earn extra cash to buy Lex a present. Such as a penthouse or even a private island.

Lex finds out (he's super intelligent after all) "Mercy, why was Atomic Skull not available for a heist last night? Would you care to explain yourself?" and turns the penthouse / island / whatever into a giant cell with his 'containment / corruption field'. This would allow captive girls to appear somewhere other than a dingy cell.

A penthouse would make lingerie more appropriate.
A private Pacific island would make swimwear more appropriate (and allow it to be daytime due to the timezones).

Both could be multi-location spots, more readily allowing girls to combine in threesomes, orgies or lesbian duos but not requiring it i.e. if artwork exists such an event can trigger in one sub-location without having to create it there for every possible combination.

e.g. if Galatea, Supergirl and Batgirl had some daytime poolside lesbian threesome fanart (*) it could then trigger randomly in the island's pool sub-location if Supergirl and Batgirl are assigned to the island and Galatea is the henchwoman (or is assigned to guard the island).

*Hypothetically - I'm not volunteering to create it!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Like the idea of them earning a %age, making it more believable that they'd get pissed off by being dropped.

Also, having the concept of a 'Resting' henchwoman opens up another avenue I've thought could work well - the more 'infatuated' henchwomen (Mercy, Harley & Galatea) could start to secretly take on heists alongside retained villains to earn extra cash to buy Lex a present. Such as a penthouse or even a private island.

Lex finds out (he's super intelligent after all) "Mercy, why was Atomic Skull not available for a heist last night? Would you care to explain yourself?" and turns the penthouse / island / whatever into a giant cell with his 'containment / corruption field'. This would allow captive girls to appear somewhere other than a dingy cell.

A penthouse would make lingerie more appropriate.
A private Pacific island would make swimwear more appropriate (and allow it to be daytime due to the timezones).

Both could be multi-location spots, more readily allowing girls to combine in threesomes, orgies or lesbian duos but not requiring it i.e. if artwork exists such an event can trigger in one sub-location without having to create it there for every possible combination.

e.g. if Galatea, Supergirl and Batgirl had some daytime poolside lesbian threesome fanart (*) it could then trigger randomly in the island's pool sub-location if Supergirl and Batgirl are assigned to the island and Galatea is the henchwoman (or is assigned to guard the island).

*Hypothetically - I'm not volunteering to create it!
The island resort idea is interesting. Perhaps they get there via the Yacht?
:whistle:
Of course, that'd take too long, Lex has teleporters for that. Of course, there could be an extended Yacht event that started out as a three hour tour...
:LOL:

As for a penthouse, I had already been planning on a 'Penthouse suite' (magazine pun definitely intended) but it'd be in the sublevels. There could be a 'luxury suite' level at the top of Lexcorp I suppose, but one thing at a time.

Also, just to note, each 'eligible loyal henchwoman' will have a stat that tracks which assignments that they are eligible for, i.e.:
girl_henchwoman_assignmentlist

As new assignments become available to her, the associated 'tag' will be appended to this list. So at the start, things like the Lexcorp Offices won't be included in said list yet, as the offices won't open until later. Most likely there will be thresholds in that gal's quarter scenes progression which will unlock said assignments. This could also be an excuse for an 'added' scene with the associated outfits, i.e. Harley is wearing a chauffeur outfit one day when Lex goes to visit her...

I did make another icon as well...
Sexworker.png

This is essentially a 'Sexworker' icon, where the henchwoman in question is 'taking one for the team' and working at the GS/MB. This one is a 'full corruption/slut mode' situation, and some gals (Mercy) may be MUCH more resistant to 'earning' it than others... I need to work out the 'routine' for this icon, right now I'm thinking that choosing this icon would add the henchwoman to the relevant Management list, and would toggle the _sexworker variable on and off... and of course, there would need to be associated scenes...

Also, some gals might be willing to work at the GS but not MB at that point, at least as far as the sexwork goes...

Which reminds me, I had talked about at some point where a Henchwoman is assigned to 'walkies/leash duty', and taking the eligible gals out for walks all night, I need to make an icon for that...

Still pondering the tabs at the top. The other three tabs will be relabeled. Possible tabs:
- One will be for covert ops, which is an 'umbrella' thing which will have it's own sub-missions to choose from, but only one covert op will be available each night, for 'gameplay/balance' reasons... As mentioned before, possible missions will include rescue attempts, infiltration, acquisitions, etc., and the missions will be generated from some sort of checklist.​
- 'Walkies' could be another tab, where a limited number of gals are 'walked' each night, and that tab would have controls governing which gals to walk each night...​
- 'Yacht duty'? This would essentially cover the planning of Yacht events, which would include the guest list, which heroines/villains/hirelings/henchwomen should be in attendance, associated costs, etc... This could also involve getting the Yacht out of impound first... Note that the planning thing could also be handled via clicking on the Yacht instead, so if I come up with a more useful tab...​

Just noting here that Lex can still do scheduling remotely, if he's say on a weekend Yacht trip. He can still access the Lexcorp offices via satellite, to do things like Manage girls at the GS/MB, and even do Legion Hideout stuff...

I'm thinking that some 'not mandatory but you really should handle this' covert ops missions will have a random check value that increases each night until triggered, at which point the 'counter' is lowered by some amount and starts building up again. This would mainly be for the 'your rival has captured this heroine, you might want to rescue her' thing, but could also apply to other stuff. As an example, perhaps Grodd decides to pull off an operation in Metropolis 69, which requires your attention as he's trying to make it look like a Lexcorp op...

When Heroines are captured by rivals, you'd see a news report in the nightly news feed noting what just happened, and the mission list would be updated during the 'end of night' routines. Also, if this were to happen in the early game, this COULD be an opportunity to score favor points with a heroine that you haven't captured yet. Not QUITE sure what that means in game terms, but it's something else to ponder.

Also note that, as far as rescue missions are concerned, procrastinating may result in the Justice League performing the rescue op instead, which means that you lose your opportunity to score favor points with said Heroine. Also, I'm thinking that the 'Preferred Target' bonus might still apply here, as the Henchwoman in question is more acquainted with what 'restraining devices' and such would be needed to capture said heroine...

One of the covert ops missions could involve tha acquisition of a mother box, which would give Lex Boom Tube capabilities, which could shorten the travel time for longer missions from multiple days to a single night. And of course, usage of said Mother Box might attract unwanted attention later...

All of these ideas and associated mechanics will need to be coded of course!

In any case, yeah I'm still feeling my way through all of this atm. It'll be a bit before the next 'proof of concept demo' update will be ready, and unfortunately y'all will need to start from the beginning again as there will be a number of changes under the hood to accommodate this. Which is why this is still a playtesting situation and not a game yet...

More feedback good!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
BTW, the reason that I'm showing Mercy's room in the lower right corner here:

Is that I'm thinking about room upgrades in the future. In this case, at some point the room changes with the addition of the "Harley must die" poster with the knife in it, but I'm actually thinking about say bed and other furniture upgrades, repainting the walls and/or adding paneling, etc... the idea being that as a henchwoman earns more money, she will spruce up her room.

This would involve creating multiple background sprites, as some sex scenes and such use different backgrounds than the 'full room' background. So this is a 'in the future' kind of thing, but yeah that's what I'm thinking about currently r.e. the quarters room situation.

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Still piddling around with this screen...

SU_ReImagined_HenchwomenScreenWIP3.jpg

The main change here is adding fatigue bars and assignment icons to the Consort picker.

I changed Henchwomen to Consorts, as Lex has other Henchwomen that he hires (Giganta, etc.), that are more 'mercenary' in nature than these particular gals, who have essentially pledged their loyalty to lex. Loyalty is relative and transitory of course, hence why I decided to avoid that word...

Back on topic, I'm trying to figure out what the advantage (in game terms besides extra scenes and dialogue) to being 'Lex's Aide' is. Also, the tab changes are still placeholders, I may come up with a better 'breakdown' of subscreens here. Covert Ops is fine, it's the last two (Leash and Yacht) that I'm thinking might make sense as sub-categories under 'larger categories' as far as tabs go...

As an example, the Yacht might fall under a larger "Entertainment Director" category, but that's a lot of letters for a tiny tab...

Again, still feeling my way through this stuff!

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
How about a "Disipline" Room at the lair with various fucking, milking, light bondage, tickling and pussy lapping devices where one of the henchwomen could condition heroines to be less resistant or accept a more pleasure oriented way of life? (Is Tickling Wonder Woman's secret weakness?) Blackfire and Starfire are already halfway there but in a role reversal situation. Or if Galatea becomes too willful or Harley gets out of hand, (although Harley just might be disobedient just so she could get "punished" for 24 hours!)

BTW - Private Island? . . . . GO FOR IT! . . . Luthor's own private nude beach! Let Superboy's telescopic vision get a load of THAT! (Are you going to have the option of adding Conner or Jon Kent into the game? Isn't Conner genetically part Luthor?)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote