[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I disagree on the tv. I like quality of life content like that. In time it could be expanded with events like the yacht party. Lex should be to busy to go to the GS each night.

The NSFW content is a placeholder for now I think. But In do agree in that only content you unlocked should be shown.

As of right now, menu's are indeed a bit confussing at first, but at least it's a system you need to manage instead of a cursorclick grind.
I'm sure they'll improve once all the main coding is finished.

Bare the amount of content, this re-imagined SU is leaps ahead of the game that it's based upon.
Keep at it OhWee
Thanks for the compliments!

Thinking through the examples, well Mercy and Star Sapphire on the Lexcorp Quarters screen are indeed 'placeholders', although technically the outfit that Mercy is wearing is the outfit you see her in when you enter her quarters for the first time.

As for the wallpapers, I did try to pick the 'clothed' ones but really that's up to whomever created the wallpapers. The whole point of wallpapers is to allow people to add the ones they want, as long as they follow the naming convention in the images/wp folder. I do need to go back and add a 'folder image counter' or a renpy.exists check at some point so that people won't need to edit the range value manually.

I also tried to add the wallpapers in the 'order of introduction', so that girls that are available for recruitment later show up later.

---

Really, right now the idea here is to experiment with a few new ideas that people have been asking about for a while. It's clear that SR7 isn't going to modify the base engine, and at least for me there is too much clicking going on in SU Unity to get anything done (example, hiring Villains in the Legion Hideout but then having to to back to Lexcorp to schedule captures... not to mention having to 'partially approve' a heist and go to a confirmation screen just to see what your chances of capture are...

Yeah the Villian interface is specifically designed to work more or less in 'real time' so that players can see immediately what the odds are, and also buy devices and such (having to run back to Lexcorp just to order devices was even more IMHO unnecessary clicking).

Also, I did debate implementing a 'drag and drop' similar to the GS and MB management screens in SU Unity, but if you are going to move your mouse over anyways to click or drag on a slot, well some people find drag and drop annoying anyways and IMHO you can click just as fast or slightly faster...

Also, the SU ReImagined screen tells you immediately if a girl is eligible for a slot or not when she is selected. There's an icon that shows her device level, and the slots you can assign her to have starbursts in them. Also, combining the GS and MB screens also saves a lot of time, where you don't have to go to the GS just to 'clear a schedule' so that you can free up girls to be scheduled at the MB, and then have to GO BACK to the MB. This could all be done with a phone call or email, Lex doesn't have to personally be there just to manage schedules.

But I get the 'different strokes for different folks' thing. If you like how SU Unity does things, then by all means keep playing SU Unity! ReImagined is exactly that, ReImagined. If you want something a little closer to the '2016 experience', I'd suggest taking a look at SU Rebuilt.

Which reminds me, I need to add links for xMendoza's latest build to the OP, I keep forgetting to do that!

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I do think it could be handy to have skippable tutorials for the different interface screens that explain how each section works. There is a lot of info on those screens and the first time or two you see it, it can be overwhelming.

I don't agree that there are somehow more clicks involved to do the same tasks as the original, which is filled with busy work of clicking around to multiple screens to do just one job. Sure, the actual assigning of a girl to MB or GS is quicker, once youre to the very specific screen for that, but getting there is multiple clicks and interconnected with one another. Especially if we want to add the ability for girls to return the the MB and GS later in the game post Cell content, then it would be even more of a nightmare to assign them.

And lets not forget the mechanic in the original where they earn less money over time with no indication. This is a vast improvement over that.

All in all, there is just more "game" happening in re-imagined and it requires more UI to handle than the original, but manages to do it in a more streamlined comic-bookie way.

The rest is either misunderstanding filler/example content or just stylistic disagreements. I don't agree that seeing a girl naked drives the player, I think it's the interaction with the girls or the cells wouldn't be way more popular than the MB, so "spoiling" that is not that big a deal (though I do think there is potentially too many splash screens going on, but that's me and I'm not designing that portion of the game... Maybe I'll make a little pack that just blocks that out with pictures of the girls in their main costumes or something at some point).

Reactions: OhWee

Lipao12

Jun 12, 2022
oh wee friend i have a suggestion to capture amanda waller in the green archer version of the series you would create a device for amanda like lois that does not require prostitution unless you want to make her a slave to lex it would give you access to argos and star labs and also using the black canary to capture thea queen and sara lance would give thea access to queen industries and sara lance access to the league of assassins

• Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
stevejones19

So, I think I figured out what your issue with Hawkgirl is. I'm guessing that you added her girlpack to an existing game after capturing her using the 'auto-add to target list' that was her default before.

That's the only way I can figure that Hawkgirl_chat would still be -2... otherwise, that should be at 0 after the two conversations with Roulette.

A workaround for now on your end would be to open the Ren'Py console (shift + o aka Capital O) and type:
Hawkgirl_chat = 0

Then hit the esc key to exit the console.

Reactions: stevejones19

GGAdams

Mar 19, 2022
I do think it could be handy to have skippable tutorials for the different interface screens that explain how each section works. There is a lot of info on those screens and the first time or two you see it, it can be overwhelming.

I don't agree that there are somehow more clicks involved to do the same tasks as the original, which is filled with busy work of clicking around to multiple screens to do just one job. Sure, the actual assigning of a girl to MB or GS is quicker, once youre to the very specific screen for that, but getting there is multiple clicks and interconnected with one another. Especially if we want to add the ability for girls to return the the MB and GS later in the game post Cell content, then it would be even more of a nightmare to assign them.

And lets not forget the mechanic in the original where they earn less money over time with no indication. This is a vast improvement over that.

All in all, there is just more "game" happening in re-imagined and it requires more UI to handle than the original, but manages to do it in a more streamlined comic-bookie way.

The rest is either misunderstanding filler/example content or just stylistic disagreements. I don't agree that seeing a girl naked drives the player, I think it's the interaction with the girls or the cells wouldn't be way more popular than the MB, so "spoiling" that is not that big a deal (though I do think there is potentially too many splash screens going on, but that's me and I'm not designing that portion of the game... Maybe I'll make a little pack that just blocks that out with pictures of the girls in their main costumes or something at some point).
I think that the mechanic of earning less money over time if you don't interact with the characters make sense in a way, because it forces to not spam sleeping to gain money and led you to try different combination of characters which could be easily exploited. So I understand this design choice.

Showing the nude is a game design error, a lot of people actually like the MB content, the only issue is that it's not finished and the cells content is easier to do for Sunset. But people complained about it and so he started again adding MB content. It really brings down the excitement if you show random nude pics of the characters in the game menu. If it's not an issue for you well I certainly don't like it. If I do a game that would be a terrible error and it's not understanding basic game design.

For the number of clicks, there is more of a debate because while the Unity version has a lot of badly menus for navigation which adds a lot of time, I find Unity more optimized and consistent, having less menus and a simpler design makes it much more efficient for a player. And I say this as someone that knows the game mechanics, I can't imagine the hell for a new player. But if it works well enough (so not more bugs, or slow transitions, less confusing UI and texts), it could work enough to have a decent experience.

At the moment the menus and all the TV arts are just confusing and tiring, honestly I liked that when sleeping you can get back to work, because the sleeping mechanic is what start all of what you worked for to do more things (like you do a heist to have money for a character, so when you have the money the first thing you want to do is to update or capture the character). If you like that much the TV idea for announcing events or stuffs, fair enough it's a good idea, but I would suggest to make it that you go back to the city to play (kinda like Akabur games).

While the original game has a lot of flaws, it's important to understand what it makes right. I think the biggest flaw in his game is the navigation system, the unfinished content is really frustrating too, there is not the threat system as expected, and maybe more. But he nailed the writing and grinding with a simple and effective gameplay.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Ok, so I took a few minutes to tackle a 'loose end' that I've been wanting to do for a while.

So on this screen:

SU_ReImagined_MgmtDeviceUpgrade.jpg

Note that the Device Level (the device icon just below Terra's profile pic) is shown in green.

What this means is that her device is eligible for upgrade, so if the number (5) is green, you can click on the device level icon (with the green text) which will invoke the device upgrade popup screen directly without having to go to the profile screen first. This should save y'all a couple of clicks...

Note that this does 'check' your available cash, and will only show as 'green' if you have enough cash available and meet the other conditions (not 'cooling down', quarters content is available if device level is currently level 6, etc.)

I'll be adding similar functionality to the 'current assignments' screen. BTW, the current assignments screen was specifically asked for earlier in this thread, which is why it exists now. It's functionality is more limited, but someone wanted to be able to see the current status of all the 'available' girls on one screen.

Not all screens are needed at all times, the idea with the extra screens is to give you the information and functionality that you seek at that time with that particular screen.

The Profiles screen exists mainly for 'flavor' purposes. Initially it was substituting for the management screen, until I finished the coding for that screen, but it does serve other purposes. Mainly, to be able to 'check in' with all of the girls that are currently 'ingame' either under your control or that are available as targets.

I've been wanting to add an extra toggle to the Profiles screen that would switch between 'just girls under your control' and 'all girls' but that'll have to wait until I get around to that at some point in the future.

Anyways, yeah I'll probably be posting an updated build later in the week. It'll mainly just be adding Hawkgirl's girl pack (thanks again for that Oxynomad !) and the additional device upgrade functionality I just described above. And maybe I'll set up a a 'label after load' .rpy file finally so that things like default variables can be updated so that people don't need to start again from the beginning for smaller updates each time.

---

xMendoza mentioned to me via PM that he's planning on posting a new update for Rebuilt soon, so look for that if you've been checking out Rebuilt as well as ReImagined.

As for 'simplifying' ReImagined, well ReImagined is where we explore new gameplay ideas, not simply recreate the 'original' experience. A lot of people like the 'advanced gameplay' stuff that we are exploring, so I have no plans really to 'dumb it back down'. That being said, the plan has always been to make some of the 'enhanced' functionality optional via an optional rules screen picker (to be shown at the start of a new game) but we are still playtesting said ideas and that'll require a bit of work, which I don't really have the time for right now.

---

Oxynomad

So, I'm in the middle of editing the Hawkgirl.rpy file that you put together in your girl pack. Mainly I'm just 'converting' a few things over to Hawkgirl_corruption (instead of the individual 'counts') and working through the corruption point rewards so that things 'line up' with the corruption level chart on page 1 of this thread.

I really appreciate the hard work you put into that girl pack, and you did a great job! I still have a couple of questions though...

1) Did you upsize Hawkgirl's conversational sprite by 5%? Or maybe some other value based on the DCAU Wiki?

2) So in comparing your 'triggers' for conversations with the extracted/Ren'Py-fied code from SU Unity, I'm noting a weird thing about conversations, that you essentially replicated in your own efforts.

Essentially the 'Dress' costume had extra trigger points added to it in SU Unity, although as far as I know, you don't get to begin the 'action' stuff until after you've had the dress intro. It's almost like the plan may have been to allow you to choose dancing before having the dress conversation, but the SU Unity triggers suggest that you need to have the dress conversation anyways before the dancing can begin...

What are your thoughts on that? My original plan was to just 'simplify' the conversation menu progression if you can't dance before you have the dress conversation, and the dress is a bit more revealing, but this could be an opportunity to let players 'mix things up' a bit if that makes sense...

Last edited:

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Are there any projections as to what xMendosa's SU-Rebuilt will be adding into the game and how they might be incorporated into Re-Imagined?

I've mentioned before that conflict needs to be re-introduced into the game and that the most likely opponents would be other villians. To me, the most likely initial opponent would be Grodd. What actions would Grodd initiate to disrupt Luthor's GS & MB?

Wasn't Grodd supposedly recruiting villains for his own Injustice Society? Would Lex send out his own villains to fight Grodd's or would he reassign some of the heroines to interdict some of Grodd's henchmen. If a list of potential Grodd henchmen could be made, some of us who are more into creating artwork might be able to generate profile art for those villains for later game development. (Deathstroke, Ultrahumanite, Calculator, Zoom, Felix Faust, Arthur Light, Captain Boomerang), (Are there any good villainesses that Lex hasn't grabbed yet other than Granny Goodness and her Furies?)

Grodd would also need to have some type of business that would generate revenues, smuggling, drugs, arms dealing, etc along with aome type of legitimate/semi-legitimate business to launder the money, (bitcoin?)

On the game management side, . . . There keep on being alerts about heroines battling villains and thugs. What are the chances of any of them getting injured and not being able to perform? Would the chance of them getting hurt battling bad guys increase with their fatigue level from performing?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Macfinn99

As far as giving Lex's rivals more focus, that's certainly something that people working on ReImagined could look into. Grodd throwing Lex under the bus (Prison subplot) is a first step in that direction obviously, but there are other possibilities of course, for example the ones you suggested.

The ReImagined threat system already 'assumes' that crime fighting is an important endeavor, as high crime rates scare away customers and disrupt the smooth operation of the city. This is why assigning girls to crime fighting in SU ReImagined actually has a (small) effect. A quick way to see just how much of an effect this can have, once you have say 9 or more girls, try assigning all of them to crime fighting and see what happens to the threat level.

At the end of each night, there is a chance that 1-3 Heroines will get into entanglements with the underworld (which raises their fatigue level). Right now I just used some 'generic' text, but it'd be fairly easy to introduce things like 'fighting Grodd's gang' or similar such as flavor text.

There's also the 'Villain rampages across city' mechanic that was briefly explored in SU Unity, but then abandoned. The flavor text for this still exists under the hood in SU Unity, at least according to the Ren'Py code scrape that joepe put together for us.

The two ideas aren't mutually exclusive, so perhaps some Villain(ess) that you haven't hired yet does a job for Grodd or whatever, which triggers the 'rampaging across city' message or whatever.

To make this more interesting, Gals assigned to 'fighting crime' would of course be on tap to 'oppose' such things, which would affect their fatigue levels directly...

And, perhaps at some point Lex could assign henchmen that he has on the payroll to 'patrol the streets'. SU ReImagined already sort of assumes this by 'counting' any threat level modifiers that a henchman may have towards threat level modifiers (so assigning a henchman to any of the four posts, if they have a threat level modifier, it counts...)

This makes Shade a bit more useful in the early game, and also a few of the Tier 3 henchmen in the mid to late game (note that a number of henchmen haven't been added yet...).

So yeah, in short, a lot more could be done here to add more 'flavor' to the story, but one thing at a time, a bunch of other stuff still needs to be put in place too! More girl packs, profile screen variants for guests and henchmen/Villain(esse)s, performance scenes in the Meta Bordello, etc...

• Love
Reactions: Macfinn99

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
I toke me more that I wanted but here is the new update, I wanted to add her leash scene but I delayed the update to much so for now this is all.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Mac

Pc

You should also try OhWee build, he worked really hard to bring a new image for SU, with new interface and an easy way for other to add new girls to the game.

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
Are there any projections as to what xMendosa's SU-Rebuilt will be adding into the game and how they might be incorporated into Re-Imagined?

I've mentioned before that conflict needs to be re-introduced into the game and that the most likely opponents would be other villians. To me, the most likely initial opponent would be Grodd. What actions would Grodd initiate to disrupt Luthor's GS & MB?

Wasn't Grodd supposedly recruiting villains for his own Injustice Society? Would Lex send out his own villains to fight Grodd's or would he reassign some of the heroines to interdict some of Grodd's henchmen. If a list of potential Grodd henchmen could be made, some of us who are more into creating artwork might be able to generate profile art for those villains for later game development. (Deathstroke, Ultrahumanite, Calculator, Zoom, Felix Faust, Arthur Light, Captain Boomerang), (Are there any good villainesses that Lex hasn't grabbed yet other than Granny Goodness and her Furies?)

Grodd would also need to have some type of business that would generate revenues, smuggling, drugs, arms dealing, etc along with aome type of legitimate/semi-legitimate business to launder the money, (bitcoin?)

On the game management side, . . . There keep on being alerts about heroines battling villains and thugs. What are the chances of any of them getting injured and not being able to perform? Would the chance of them getting hurt battling bad guys increase with their fatigue level from performing?
like OhWee said Re-Imagined is the build that can add new ideas for SU-Rebuilt for now I'll try to add only the the basic scene from the main game, but I will add in SU-Rebuilt some events based on your decisions, for example: if you don't help the joker, you will get a game over (I'm working on the script for this)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee and Macfinn99

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
Macfinn99

As far as giving Lex's rivals more focus, that's certainly something that people working on ReImagined could look into. Grodd throwing Lex under the bus (Prison subplot) is a first step in that direction obviously, but there are other possibilities of course, for example the ones you suggested.

The ReImagined threat system already 'assumes' that crime fighting is an important endeavor, as high crime rates scare away customers and disrupt the smooth operation of the city. This is why assigning girls to crime fighting in SU ReImagined actually has a (small) effect. A quick way to see just how much of an effect this can have, once you have say 9 or more girls, try assigning all of them to crime fighting and see what happens to the threat level.

At the end of each night, there is a chance that 1-3 Heroines will get into entanglements with the underworld (which raises their fatigue level). Right now I just used some 'generic' text, but it'd be fairly easy to introduce things like 'fighting Grodd's gang' or similar such as flavor text.

There's also the 'Villain rampages across city' mechanic that was briefly explored in SU Unity, but then abandoned. The flavor text for this still exists under the hood in SU Unity, at least according to the Ren'Py code scrape that joepe put together for us.

The two ideas aren't mutually exclusive, so perhaps some Villain(ess) that you haven't hired yet does a job for Grodd or whatever, which triggers the 'rampaging across city' message or whatever.

To make this more interesting, Gals assigned to 'fighting crime' would of course be on tap to 'oppose' such things, which would affect their fatigue levels directly...

And, perhaps at some point Lex could assign henchmen that he has on the payroll to 'patrol the streets'. SU ReImagined already sort of assumes this by 'counting' any threat level modifiers that a henchman may have towards threat level modifiers (so assigning a henchman to any of the four posts, if they have a threat level modifier, it counts...)

This makes Shade a bit more useful in the early game, and also a few of the Tier 3 henchmen in the mid to late game (note that a number of henchmen haven't been added yet...).

So yeah, in short, a lot more could be done here to add more 'flavor' to the story, but one thing at a time, a bunch of other stuff still needs to be put in place too! More girl packs, profile screen variants for guests and henchmen/Villain(esse)s, performance scenes in the Meta Bordello, etc...
Si I have ideas that maybe the reply version could add, so the thread system is fucking trash let's be honest so what I'm thinking is when Lois first appears you should be able to set up a fake heist with the villains you hire and the more you do this the more scenes you unlock (just copy the cell content) OK now with more threat means you get less money also so you very much can get a game over, which allows critical thinking which is important for gameplay. Also to branch out I do think Batgirl being in metropolis makes zero sense so I think lex teleporting to Gotham would be better and having a separate operation there, add in Renée Montoya as a threat system there and more sex scenes obvious. Listen if you need more ideas I have them just ask cause trust me I have good ideas. Also if you need funding I'll also provided (pateron, etc) as I do think this project is very promising.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Si I have ideas that maybe the reply version could add, so the thread system is fucking trash let's be honest so what I'm thinking is when Lois first appears you should be able to set up a fake heist with the villains you hire and the more you do this the more scenes you unlock (just copy the cell content) OK now with more threat means you get less money also so you very much can get a game over, which allows critical thinking which is important for gameplay. Also to branch out I do think Batgirl being in metropolis makes zero sense so I think lex teleporting to Gotham would be better and having a separate operation there, add in Renée Montoya as a threat system there and more sex scenes obvious. Listen if you need more ideas I have them just ask cause trust me I have good ideas. Also if you need funding I'll also provided (pateron, etc) as I do think this project is very promising.
Just set up camouflaged teleport booths in each of the cities for capture and have the heroines report to them after they've been captured.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I toke me more that I wanted but here is the new update, I wanted to add her leash scene but I delayed the update to much so for now this is all.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Mac

Pc

You should also try OhWee build, he worked really hard to bring a new image for SU, with new interface and an easy way for other to add new girls to the game.
Are we supposed to be sble to capture more heroines in this rebuild yet?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Cool ideas of course!

I do want to take a second to address why I'm personally not doing the Patreon thing. Short form is I have reasons why I haven't done it so far for ANY of my projects. I get that there are a few of you out there that would throw money my way (and I have been 'paid' several times for helping others out with their own games/projects) but yeah, I'm just not in the mood to do the Patreon thing personally.

As for THIS project, the idea has always been to leave the door open for GS Games to reach out to xMendoza, myself, etc. if they wanted to put our efforts to 'good use' although I'm not holding my breath on that one. I can't speak for xMendoza, but my main goal was to get a framework in place that others could 'go to town' with r.e. adding their own mods and such.

By attempting to monetize a 'port' of SU, yeah that'd just leave a bad taste in GS Game's mouth, which is what none of us want. Our goal is to eventually get SR7 'off the pot' and the hell away from that buggy Unity build he's so attached to. If he wasn't spending so much time debugging, he might have more energy to create cool new art (sure, it'd be 'mostly recycled', but even reworking poses, changing costumes and such takes time) but whatever.

I've been taking advantage of this effort to learn a few new Ren'Py things for my other projects, and I DO eventually want to do a 'brothel sim' of my own, that is rendered in Daz Studio, but that's still down the road a bit...

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you for your offer to throw money our way, but at this time I personally have no plans to set up a 'buy me a coffee' or Patreon or whatever. Maybe at some point in the future, but not in the short term.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick update!

SU_ReImagined_RelicsHeist.jpg

So I'm in the middle of tackling another of several loose ends. The screen above relates to the multi-item heists (relics and tech). I needed to figure out how I wanted to handle these as far as variables are concerned, and now have those in place. I still need to add the associated Tala dialogues, and will need to do the same for the cloning lab tech heists. The 'heist' part is good to go, but as I remember the 'triggers' that unlock the tech heists were a bit more complicated.

I'm going to tie the relics heist to a level 3 upgrade of Tala's shop. I already did this with the other Tala heist which unlocks Vixen, Zatanna and then Wonder Woman (need to upgrade her shop to Level 2 first). Of course, I also need to add Tala's item making at some point, but one thing at a time.

I'm also going to need to tweak the associated relics dialogues to allow for acquisitions of multiple items before talking to Tala (so that you won't need to talk to her after each of the four items is acquired).

I looked over Oxynomad's Hawkgirl girl pack, which is pretty cool, but the images weren't resized to take full advantage of the 1080p screen. I may or may not resize the sprites accordingly, still piddling around with other stuff atm.

In any case, yeah I'll be releasing a '0.26b' framework update within the next couple of days probably. This will include:

- The relics multi-item heist with associated dialogues, which will enable future summoning of various characters.

- The ability to upgrade Lexcon devices while on the Management and Assignments screens.

- Adding 'afterload_default_varchanges.rpy' which will update default variables as needed (when added to this file). This primarily applies to girl_quarterscontent being changed from False to True, but other defaults which need to be updated can be handled here too in the future.

- An updated Hawkgirl girl pack incorporated into the main framework, once I work through a few things. The pack currently should work fine, but I want to upsize the images slightly and such and need to work through the changes.

- I also need to look over the Harley stuff in SU Rebuilt to see how easily I can port over the other Harley scenes from ReBuilt into ReImagined...

---

I'm still piddling around with 'Daz-ifying' a few of the characters as the whim strikes, in case I ever decide to go that route with the images for the various characters...

The downside here is of course not using SR7's takes on the characters and the render times involved to set up the various poses and such. The upside is that it'd be a LOT easier to make new poses/scenes/outfit variations once the various models are dialed in and such. This would pretty much be a 'from the ground up' artwork replacement though, so for now it's just a dream I have... and I have too many other projects already and limited free time...

---

In any case, yeah back to the topic at hand, as mentioned above, I'll be posting an updated 0.26b build soon...
:cool:

Last edited:

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I finished redoing the art I had done on StarGirl with the high res pack and have integrated it into my local .26a version. I’m reworking some other details with the costume picker and internal stuff to the StarGirl pack, I also want to improve the dances with some of the new expressions, I’ll send it to you for this build.

I think the images look better and have the added benefit of not needing to zoom for things like the dance sequence. You can just export it in the appropriate size.

Reactions: Macfinn99 and OhWee

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Quick update!

View attachment 2547223

So I'm in the middle of tackling another of several loose ends. The screen above relates to the multi-item heists (relics and tech). I needed to figure out how I wanted to handle these as far as variables are concerned, and now have those in place. I still need to add the associated Tala dialogues, and will need to do the same for the cloning lab tech heists. The 'heist' part is good to go, but as I remember the 'triggers' that unlock the tech heists were a bit more complicated.

I'm going to tie the relics heist to a level 3 upgrade of Tala's shop. I already did this with the other Tala heist which unlocks Vixen, Zatanna and then Wonder Woman (need to upgrade her shop to Level 2 first). Of course, I also need to add Tala's item making at some point, but one thing at a time.

I'm also going to need to tweak the associated relics dialogues to allow for acquisitions of multiple items before talking to Tala (so that you won't need to talk to her after each of the four items is acquired).

I looked over Oxynomad's Hawkgirl girl pack, which is pretty cool, but the images weren't resized to take full advantage of the 1080p screen. I may or may not resize the sprites accordingly, still piddling around with other stuff atm.

In any case, yeah I'll be releasing a '0.26b' framework update within the next couple of days probably. This will include:

- The relics multi-item heist with associated dialogues, which will enable future summoning of various characters.

- The ability to upgrade Lexcon devices while on the Management and Assignments screens.

- Adding 'afterload_default_varchanges.rpy' which will update default variables as needed (when added to this file). This primarily applies to girl_quarterscontent being changed from False to True, but other defaults which need to be updated can be handled here too in the future.

- An updated Hawkgirl girl pack incorporated into the main framework, once I work through a few things. The pack currently should work fine, but I want to upsize the images slightly and such and need to work through the changes.

- I also need to look over the Harley stuff in SU Rebuilt to see how easily I can port over the other Harley scenes from ReBuilt into ReImagined...

---

I'm still piddling around with 'Daz-ifying' a few of the characters as the whim strikes, in case I ever decide to go that route with the images for the various characters...

The downside here is of course not using SR7's takes on the characters and the render times involved to set up the various poses and such. The upside is that it'd be a LOT easier to make new poses/scenes/outfit variations once the various models are dialed in and such. This would pretty much be a 'from the ground up' artwork replacement though, so for now it's just a dream I have... and I have too many other projects already and limited free time...

---

In any case, yeah back to the topic at hand, as mentioned above, I'll be posting an updated 0.26b build soon...
:cool:
I'd love to see a Daz-ifyed version of the game. If you're going to go that far, . . . might as well merge the DC and Marvel Universes. You could even include using the cloning lab to create the Amalgam versions

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote