[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
How do you get other villains to do captures? I'm currently locked into Mercy to capture only.
Did you talk to Roulette and Tala about new targets? And did you go to the Legion Hideout? There's some menu options there.

There's also the 'Lexcon Interface' button in the upper right corner, which will access the Legion Interface. At the top of the interface there are a few tabs, the one for captures is labeled 'contracts'. Click on your target, then click on a henchman to 'enable' the purchase option of the Lexcon device, after which you can 'approve' the contract.

Note that if you do NOT hit the 'approve button' after setting up the contract or heist, for both contracts and heists, it won't happen. This is to allow you to swap in/out various henchmen to find the 'best option' before approving said contract or heist.

Also note that Joker's dialogues are triggered only if you actually enter the Legion Hideout. I need to 'move/copy' that trigger to the label that invokes the legion interface, so that people don't miss out on that.

Also, you should now start to visit the Lexcorp Labs regularly, as some events are triggered there... I'm debating setting up a second trigger for Harley though (once you've done the joker thing) as it's not 'intuitive' to go to the labs to trigger her event...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, just a quick heads up.

A patch is incoming. I've found a few more minor issues in my playtesting, which has required the editing of a few different files.

Edit: Patch file is here:
(right click>save link as)

Among other things, I 'prioritized' Lois's lab event (will show up in the patch) as that one has consequences if it's not addressed immediately (i.e. threat level keeps going up until you are able to capture her). I also discovered that I was referencing an 'x' variable when I meant to reference 'y' in one instance, this was only an issue if more than one person was in Lex_RecruitList and Supergirl was one of the persons in that list...\

I THINK that all of the 'patch changes' should just show up in game, I don't believe that I changed any default variables in the patch, but if so I'll look at setting up a 'label after load' for those going forward.

There hasn't been any feedback so far on the latest changes. Feedback is encouraged!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well, I guess things have been going swimmingly for everyone based on the lack of bug reports. DO install the latest patch, as I said I addressed a few minor issues that most people may not notice, but yeah...

Anyways, one of the reasons I've been trying to get this framework in place is so that other people can make their own mods/stories if they so choose, using this 'for free' community effort to build upon.

Anyways, I have an idea for a new 'background story' that I've been jotting down notes for. It'll be just for fun when I come back to this of course (no Patreon or whatever, I'll just offering the 'mod' for free, unless I decide to 'ditch' SR7's art in favor of Daz Studio at which point it'll kind of be my own thing...).

Not sure how much effort I want to put in yet, but I did find some cool background art on Freepik to throw together a possible teaser...

Alien attack blah blah stuff...
:p

Just some idea bouncing around in my head...

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I haven't had much free time to test, and the time i have had, I've continued going through the HD assets and remaking stuff... Here's an updated version of her slutty hero outfit. Did booty shorts instead of a thong (which will live on in the outfit with pasties) Still considering thigh high boots, but I don't know if they'd go with the shorts... Those might go with the pasties outfit too.

SlutHeroRevamp.png

lostone2

Jul 1, 2017
I hadn't played SU in years, so it's highly likely that some of things that I say makes no sense or are present in the original game and you don't want/can to change them.

I just started the demo (after applying the fixes) and even before I press the START option, I'm bit overwhelmed with the amount of info. Could all the info regarding the development moved to the About. IMO, only the info at the top-right corner should remain.

Just for clarification, I had chosen the highest difficult setting.

The extended Intro works great. I like the Shadow gal. The first thing that grabs my attention is that Lex is Le when he speaks:

Le guy.png

When you have your first look at the main map it would be useful to have a visual cue on where is the Glamour Slam.

And I'm going to sound like a noob, but how do I start the process of capturing a second heroine? I hadn't seen anything on the game that explains that.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I hadn't played SU in years, so it's highly likely that some of things that I say makes no sense or are present in the original game and you don't want/can to change them.

I just started the demo (after applying the fixes) and even before I press the START option, I'm bit overwhelmed with the amount of info. Could all the info regarding the development moved to the About. IMO, only the info at the top-right corner should remain.

Just for clarification, I had chosen the highest difficult setting.

The extended Intro works great. I like the Shadow gal. The first thing that grabs my attention is that Lex is Le when he speaks:

View attachment 2495896

When you have your first look at the main map it would be useful to have a visual cue on where is the Glamour Slam.

And I'm going to sound like a noob, but how do I start the process of capturing a second heroine? I hadn't seen anything on the game that explains that.
Tutorials will be coming in future updates, whenever those happen...

Thanks for the heads up on the Le. I just fixed it in Lex.rpy for the next update. You can fix this at the top if you have Notepad++, etc. (not just regular notepad, it needs to be able to save as .rpy), on Line 10... It's in the /game/guys/Lex subfolder.
define le = Character("Le")
should be
define le = Character("Lex")

I recommend just dragging your mouse around on the citymap to 'locate' the various locations. The only ones that matter right now are the Glamour Slam, Daily Planet, Tala's Shop, the Legion Hideout and of course Lexcorp. The Meta Bordello is just a 'placeholder' currently, as are Cadmus and Star Labs. Oh and the Yacht isn't implemented yet...

As for capturing other heroines...

You'll have to wait a couple of days to rack in a few bucks, also visit the Glamour Slam on the first Monday after the intro stuff for a relevant conversation.

Then, click on the Lexcon AI Interface button in the upper right corner, or just go to the Legion Hideout (it's in the upper left area of the city) and click on the henchman and contract tabs.

As for the wall of text on the splash page, this is still an unofficial community proof of concept demo, not really a full game yet (some may disagree), so the wall of text is simply making that abundantly clear, and also to give credits where credit is due....

If you want to play SU, I still recommend the Unity version if you want the 'full story' as there is still a LOT of content that would need to be transcribed into a Ren'Py port. The SU Unity interface is a bit clunky of course, but it is what it is.

If this is ever ready for 'unofficial game port' status, I may replace some of the text on the splash screen with a 'credits' button. This info would also be on the 'about' page, but at the very least it needs to be made clear that this is a 'for free' community effort at all times.

Last edited:

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
How do you get other villains to do captures? I'm currently locked into Mercy to capture only.
Found my problem. I had to go back to Tala & Roulette a second time to finish the ability to capture. The problem I had was that you can get the capture device before that finalization and the contract automatically defaults to Mercy. Learning curve I guess.

I like the idea of an alien invasion, but I think that it might be more of an endgame development. (Darkseid? Manhunters? Coluan anti-Brainiac police? Dominators?, Crime Syndicate?) Re-Imagined already has a lot more Game/Management elements than the original SU, (Gotta-Catch-Them-All), game. It will be interesting to see what directions this and the SU Discord game modders go in, . . . .(?)

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Found my problem. I had to go back to Tala & Roulette a second time to finish the ability to capture. The problem I had was that you can get the capture device before that finalization and the contract automatically defaults to Mercy. Learning curve I guess.

I like the idea of an alien invasion, but I think that it might be more of an endgame development. (Darkseid? Manhunters? Coluan anti-Brainiac police? Dominators?, Crime Syndicate?) Re-Imagined already has a lot more Game/Management elements than the original SU, (Gotta-Catch-Them-All), game. It will be interesting to see what directions this and the SU Discord game modders go in, . . . .(?)
The 0.26 patch should lock out devices until gals are added to the target list. Let me know if you are using the patch and if so if the problem is solved.

Lipao12

Jun 12, 2022
ow hee as i capture lois the warning appears that she is denouncing the legion and right after bullock goes to glamur slam after that i try to go to the newspaper but not possible at the moment what i do i am not using the patch

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Lipao12
There's a 1/3 chance that Lois will be at the Daily Planet, so it may take a few tries...

Also, I'd recommend installing the patch 'just in case'...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
How are you making out Lipao12 ?

There isn't a lot of cell content yet, so you are probably getting close to the end of what's available. I'd be interested in your feedback now that you've poked around in the demo for a bit...

Thickcash

Jul 8, 2017
S.U. ReImagined Bugs and notes

Hi, I am someone who both loves S.U. and knows a thing or two about games. I am going to be listing some of the bugs and problems I have found here. I did a regular run myself and had a few issues but after seeing the request for feedback I am going through the game again in order to comb things through.

1. When viewing dialogue on the main city screen the images of the vacant building change. The takeaway of the buttons changes how the buildings look.
  2. Zatanna dancing while nude causes an error. You can ignore it but there will be no art displayed.
  3. In the intro the png blank background can be seen very quickly as it is scrolled past. Recommend placing a night sky type color behind the main image if possible
  4. When using the Heroine profile screen to capture rather than using the villain contract system. Mercy was unavailable but did not reset the next day. Several days in and did not reset, may be bugged.
    1. Stargirl was the target and in the Legion hideout contract menu she does not appear in the Contracts menu. This may softlock her out of the game.
    2. After purchasing Zatanna she too did not appear in the capture heroines contract option and the Mercy button was still disabled as it said she should be back tomorrow.
    3. After even more playtesting this event may be bugged in the opposite direction as Tier 2 girls need some exploration to unlock outside of just the money. This may be the root of the problem as to why mercy does not recharge. I recommend not having that button work until the trigger that they are available in Contracts is met.
  5. The Management screen starts with the heroine you had selected from the heroine profile screen. This allows me to assign them or send them to do crime fighting when I should have no say over that. This doesn’t break the game though since without a device level I cannot assign her to the G.S, M.B or otherwise.
  6. When upgrading the Glamour Slam from within the Club the add Stripper and Eroplay buttons do not disappear after adding 2. If the player presses the button again the game gets an error.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/glamourslam.rpy", line 1284, in script
    $x = GSStripperSlots.index("Locked")
  File "game/glamourslam.rpy", line 1284, in <module>
ValueError: 'Locked' is not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\SU_ReImagined-0.26-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\SU_ReImagined-0.26-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.26
Sun Mar 26 22:54:54 2023
  1. When talking to Roulette and she is nude, Costumes plays a scene rather than giving me the costumes menu.
  2. In the management menu when using a girl to replace another when the replacing girl is on standby(the right Other girls side of the screen), the replaced girl needs to click crime fighting in order to regain Assign functionality
  3. Watching Eroplay in the Glamour Slam resulted in a problem that broke the game a little. When ignored the background was gone and resulted in errors until ignored through. Here is one of the BBCode log
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/glamourslam.rpy", line 1654, in script
    show image stripperstage:
  File "game/glamourslam.rpy", line 1654, in <module>
NameError: name 'stripperstage' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "D:\SU_ReImagined-0.26-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1408, in execute
    show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
  File "D:\SU_ReImagined-0.26-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1364, in show_imspec
    expression = renpy.python.py_eval(expression)
  File "D:\SU_ReImagined-0.26-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\SU_ReImagined-0.26-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.26
Sun Mar 26 23:25:06 2023
  1. Roulette has a strip option when she is nude. This results in a conversation that feels more like a talk to roulette rather than her saying something along the lines of “Strip what exactly”
  2. In the scene where Lex talks to Mercy in the lab and Supergirl is finally unlocked to capture this showed up.
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/girls/Supergirl/Supergirl.rpy", line 281, in script
    $Lex_RecruitList.pop(x)
  File "game/girls/Supergirl/Supergirl.rpy", line 281, in <module>
    $Lex_RecruitList.pop(x)
IndexError: pop index out of range

Full traceback:
    $Lex_RecruitList.pop(x)
    $Lex_RecruitList.pop(x)
  File "D:\SU_ReImagined-0.26-pc\renpy\revertable.py", line 97, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.26
Sun Mar 26 23:31:11 2023
Hope this helps a little bit. I did use a save where I cheated in order to speed things up but that may also be a cause for bugs. I don't usually comment on the forums but I hope what little I can contribute helps. If this doesn't fall on deaf ears then I can make more logs as this was just me running through the game for about an hour or two. Love this project by the way the work on the costume system is something I wish the original had.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
S.U. ReImagined Bugs and notes

Hi, I am someone who both loves S.U. and knows a thing or two about games. I am going to be listing some of the bugs and problems I have found here. I did a regular run myself and had a few issues but after seeing the request for feedback I am going through the game again in order to comb things through.

1. When viewing dialogue on the main city screen the images of the vacant building change. The takeaway of the buttons changes how the buildings look.
  2. Zatanna dancing while nude causes an error. You can ignore it but there will be no art displayed.
  3. In the intro the png blank background can be seen very quickly as it is scrolled past. Recommend placing a night sky type color behind the main image if possible
  4. When using the Heroine profile screen to capture rather than using the villain contract system. Mercy was unavailable but did not reset the next day. Several days in and did not reset, may be bugged.
    1. Stargirl was the target and in the Legion hideout contract menu she does not appear in the Contracts menu. This may softlock her out of the game.
    2. After purchasing Zatanna she too did not appear in the capture heroines contract option and the Mercy button was still disabled as it said she should be back tomorrow.
    3. After even more playtesting this event may be bugged in the opposite direction as Tier 2 girls need some exploration to unlock outside of just the money. This may be the root of the problem as to why mercy does not recharge. I recommend not having that button work until the trigger that they are available in Contracts is met.
  5. The Management screen starts with the heroine you had selected from the heroine profile screen. This allows me to assign them or send them to do crime fighting when I should have no say over that. This doesn’t break the game though since without a device level I cannot assign her to the G.S, M.B or otherwise.
  6. When upgrading the Glamour Slam from within the Club the add Stripper and Eroplay buttons do not disappear after adding 2. If the player presses the button again the game gets an error.
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.26
Sun Mar 26 22:54:54 2023
  1. When talking to Roulette and she is nude, Costumes plays a scene rather than giving me the costumes menu.
  2. In the management menu when using a girl to replace another when the replacing girl is on standby(the right Other girls side of the screen), the replaced girl needs to click crime fighting in order to regain Assign functionality
  3. Watching Eroplay in the Glamour Slam resulted in a problem that broke the game a little. When ignored the background was gone and resulted in errors until ignored through. Here is one of the BBCode log
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "D:\SU_ReImagined-0.26-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1408, in execute
    show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
  File "D:\SU_ReImagined-0.26-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1364, in show_imspec
    expression = renpy.python.py_eval(expression)
  File "D:\SU_ReImagined-0.26-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\SU_ReImagined-0.26-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.26
Sun Mar 26 23:25:06 2023
  1. Roulette has a strip option when she is nude. This results in a conversation that feels more like a talk to roulette rather than her saying something along the lines of “Strip what exactly”
  2. In the scene where Lex talks to Mercy in the lab and Supergirl is finally unlocked to capture this showed up.
Code:

While running game code:
    $Lex_RecruitList.pop(x)
    $Lex_RecruitList.pop(x)

Full traceback:
    $Lex_RecruitList.pop(x)
    $Lex_RecruitList.pop(x)
  File "D:\SU_ReImagined-0.26-pc\renpy\revertable.py", line 97, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.26
Sun Mar 26 23:31:11 2023
Hope this helps a little bit. I did use a save where I cheated in order to speed things up but that may also be a cause for bugs. I don't usually comment on the forums but I hope what little I can contribute helps. If this doesn't fall on deaf ears then I can make more logs as this was just me running through the game for about an hour or two. Love this project by the way the work on the costume system is something I wish the original had.
Hey Thickcash !

First off, thanks for the awesome bug report!

I do very much appreciate the kudos btw! Real quick, while the Glamour Slam and the Meta Bordello won't benefit much from the 'enhanced' costume picker idea, the goal here is to give girl pack builders more options in their storytelling efforts in say the quarters environment at least. As for the 'sex scenes' sprites, yeah modifying those to take advantage of the extra costume options is probably asking too much, but if some girl pack builder is determined enough and has decent Photoshop/GIMP skills, well it's not impossible, just very tedious work...

My focus up to this point is to get as much stuff 'in place' as possible, so a few 'nagging' issues haven't been addressed yet. The interface framework/coding has been my main goal. To be honest, my main goal for this update was to get the 'regular' target reveal/heist/capture sequences working, so that others could use those as examples for other girlpacks. And also to get Lois Lane working...

Nontheless, that other stuff does need to be addressed going forward, so it's good to know where the stuff I've been missing in my playtesting is. The 'last scenes' issues with Roulette and Tala don't really surprise me, as those are 'code ports' from Rebuilt that have been on my 'to do ' list.

As for the Supergirl and Stargirl issue, it SOUNDS like you aren't playing using the latest patch (it's attached at the bottom of THIS OTHER POST. There was an issue where I had Mercy referencing RecruitList instead of target_list, and the patch fixes that oversight.

You should be able to 'patch' and still use existing saves, although a couple of default variables were changed, I dropped 'Quinn' from Harley for quarters labeling purposes, and added Powergirl to Mercy's preferred target list. You'd need to start a new game as a 'label after load' with these changes isn't set up yet as this is just a proof of concept demo mainly at this point, and I tend to change a lot of stuff with each update so 'starting fresh' helps find any new bugs that I may have inadvertently caused when I changed something else...

I probably should add a note about the 0.26 patch to the OP. That was an oversight on my part, hence my bad. My plan was to just update the build to 0.26A once I've tackled a few more bugs/a few more bug reports rolled in but less people have been playtesting this update so the bug reports are rolling in a bit more slowly this time around...

As for the 'selected heroine' showing up on the management screen even though she's not captured yet, yeah I noticed that too. I need to introduce a check for that, that defaults to Mercy if you were looking at the profile screen at some girl you might want to capture or whatever...

The weird 'unassign' glitch I haven't figured out yet. The workaround is to either schedule her using the Profile Screen current task dropdown, or to assign her to one of the slots (the 'on call' slot works well for this) and then unassign her again, which 'clears' the glitch and allows you to assign her to Crime Fighting, etc. normally.

The 'Out Of Range' thing (not the Mercy/Supergirl capture thing, that's referencing the wrong variables which is fixed in the patch) I'll need to look into...

Last edited:

Lipao12

Jun 12, 2022
oh wee your work is amazing i really liked the update i just hit the key with lois and letting you know when zatanna is in the cell i try to make her dance naked but she disappears from the screen and only the dialogs appear but other than that it's amazing please don't leave the project

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
ow hee as i capture lois the warning appears that she is denouncing the legion and right after bullock goes to glamur slam after that i try to go to the newspaper but not possible at the moment what i do i am not using the patch
I'm running into the same problem with the Lois capture. I am using the patch, I can't make a capture device in the Lab, the Daily Planet is telling me that there is nothing to do here after the warning comes (about 20 times, kinda beats the snot out of the 1/3). GS is fully upgraded, MS is 3 out of 4 upgrades. No clues from Tala or Roulette. I'm either missing a trigger or I've fallen into a donut hole. The only thing I haven't tried is a complete restart.

• Thinking Face

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Maybe if you repost v.26 with all of the updates/patches included (v.26.1 ?) I put several patches on the original v.26 release and maybe the sequence of my adding patches/fixes didn't handshake properly. It 's worth a try.

Saumonfume8

Sep 26, 2020
The project looks promising. It can become what Something Unlimited couldn't because of its limited encoding. Good luck to you with it !

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Maybe if you repost v.26 with all of the updates/patches included (v.26.1 ?) I put several patches on the original v.26 release and maybe the sequence of my adding patches/fixes didn't handshake properly. It 's worth a try.
The plan is to release a 0.26a in the next couple of days, once I've had a chance to iron out a few of the bugs. The Lois thing I need to look over again to see why her 'device/capture' sequence isn't triggering for some of you.

It may require a restart due to the variable changes, but if it's still having issues after the restart...

Reactions: Macfinn99

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Having to completely start over is going to be pretty common in early iterations of the game as workflows get ironed out.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm working my way up to the Lois events again to see if I can find what's causing y'all grief.

As I said, I'll be releasing a 'full download' update (0.26a) in the next day or so, after I've had a chance to address a few of the reported bugs.

In the meantime, I made the 'Joker is still waiting for his chemicals conversation = +75 threat_level' into a nightly news flash thingie...

SU_ReImagined_JokerEvent.png

The +75 to threat level thing happens every 7 days if you haven't completed the Star Labs heist yet. I also 'flagged' the Lexcon AI > Legion Interface button to check for this event, so now you can't 'skip' it anymore by just not entering the Legion Hideout...

Of course, the idea here is to make the threat level situation seem a bit more immediately relevant. Once Lois is captured, the Threat Level penalties are currently minimal (i.e. no Heists or Captures until after threat level drops below 500), but the idea is to come up with some new penalties so as to encourage players to keep the threat level 'under control'...

This also encourages players to consider defense upgrades early on, as that extra -11 to threat level every night can help.

My next idea is to utilize unhired henchmen to perhaps trigger 'rampaging across city' events. I saw a reference to this in the code dump that joepe mentioned, so apparently SR7 had the same idea at some point. The 'henchman_talk_day' variable could be used to set the 'interval' before said henchmen start going stir crazy...

This would encourage players to put various henchmen 'on the payroll' to decrease the chance of rampage events happening...

Anyways, yeah stuff for the future maybe!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote