• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
Gotcha. I guess then it depends on where it's located. I thought the mockup was for a guide, and the "quest" would be something more like in RPG video games where you get "Mission" and "Side-Mission" drop downs usually on the left side of the screen as a constant reminder as to what you have left to do (without spelling out how you're supposed to do it). In that kind of design, I've often hit a situation where the game's quest is "Deliver the Item to Mr Green", and I'm sitting there going "Well, where the hell is Mr Green?". If what you meant by quest was that mockup, that's what I had in mind as a "guide" and think that would be a great addition, especially if it's accessible right from the "main" map screen.
the quest system will tell you want you need to do, not just you need to finish this (with 0 information), as for the place i will add a button at the top of the "main" map screen where the money and day are.

kjwick

Sep 1, 2017
the quest system will tell you want you need to do, not just you need to finish this (with 0 information), as for the place i will add a button at the top of the "main" map screen where the money and day are.
To me this quest system, as described, looks more like a journal/log system. In contrast I think a guide system would be a little different. One tells you how to progress in the game the other tells you how to achieve a certain objective. Take Cyberpunk 2077 for example the quest/journal/log system tells you how to continue the story, but doesn't tell you how to get certain endings or that certain choices might lock you out of getting certain iconic weapons. Overall I think having a log to help track a players progress would be a good thing. However adding a guide might also be just as helpful.

A guide system I can see working is something intergrated into the vault system. Say you want to unlock a particular outfit or scene, you click on it, the game then gives you a popup saying its locked, but also gives you an instruction on how to unlock it. For example say I want to unlock Cassie's slut outfit intro scene. I go to the vault click her slut outfit intro scene. The game then tells me I have to complete her anal 3 scene and return to her room the next night. The problem with such a system is of course the amount of work it would require. Each individual scene would require an additonal hint to be written and intergrated into the game.

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
To me this quest system, as described, looks more like a journal/log system. In contrast I think a guide system would be a little different. One tells you how to progress in the game the other tells you how to achieve a certain objective. Take Cyberpunk 2077 for example the quest/journal/log system tells you how to continue the story, but doesn't tell you how to get certain endings or that certain choices might lock you out of getting certain iconic weapons. Overall I think having a log to help track a players progress would be a good thing. However adding a guide might also be just as helpful.

A guide system I can see working is something intergrated into the vault system. Say you want to unlock a particular outfit or scene, you click on it, the game then gives you a popup saying its locked, but also gives you an instruction on how to unlock it. For example say I want to unlock Cassie's slut outfit intro scene. I go to the vault click her slut outfit intro scene. The game then tells me I have to complete her anal 3 scene and return to her room the next night. The problem with such a system is of course the amount of work it would require. Each individual scene would require an additonal hint to be written and intergrated into the game.
This is not a bad idea, maybe later I'll add this too. But for now I'll go with this basic system. Like you said a system that will give you hints for every outfits or scenes will take too much time.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
PC

MAC

Changelog:
- I fixed all the bugs that were reported
- terra bj animation
- batgirl vault scenes
- quest system (only joker for now)
Thanks. So I'm changing the link in the OP for Rebuilt so that it points at the post that you just made. You should update the links in the post immediately above whenever you've made an updated version, with perhaps an 'edit' note noting that you've updated the version linked. This way, I won't need to change the link in the OP each time.

You can still post updated versions in new posts to call attention to them, but kindly edit the post immediately above with the most recent version so that the OP still points at the most recent update.

I can still change the link in the OP when you do a major update/new version (not just bugfixes/small changes) to a newer post, but this way, I won't have to change the links in the OP each time in the meantime.

Thanks again!
OhWee
:cool:

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
So I need some help from you guys. I want to make a bad ending, if you didn't manage to get Joker's chemicals in time. But I'm not a good writer....so can somebody help me with this?

Reactions: KaiserST

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
So I need some help from you guys. I want to make a bad ending, if you didn't manage to get Joker's chemicals in time. But I'm not a good writer....so can somebody help me with this?
If all you need is text (I've not done any modding/programming in renpy before), I can write something up. Did you have a specific bad ending in mind?

Reactions: xMendoza

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
If all you need is text (I've not done any modding/programming in renpy before), I can write something up. Did you have a specific bad ending in mind?
well i need just some dialogs with lex and batman, in the game joker will tell you, if you don't get his chemicals he will leak info about you to batman

And I just need text, no programming

Reactions: rebirth095

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
Well here is something that i made:
- "Luthor, we need to talk," Batman

-"Ah, Batman. To whom I owe this visit. What can I do for you?" Lex

-"I know what you're up to, Luthor. And I won't let you mind control any member of the Justice League for your depraved plan." Batman

-"But how did you..." Lex
-"You can thanks to the Joker, he's the one who tipped me off about your plan" Batman

-"that damn buffon!!!" Lex

- "All the villains in the Legion of Doom have already been arrested." Batman

- " is over Luthor, this time you will go to prison for good." Batman
-Game over

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Well here is something that i made:
- "Luthor, we need to talk," Batman

-"Ah, Batman. To whom I owe this visit. What can I do for you?" Lex

-"I know what you're up to, Luthor. And I won't let you mind control any member of the Justice League for your depraved plan." Batman

-"But how did you..." Lex
-"You can thanks to the Joker, he's the one who tipped me off about your plan" Batman

-"that damn buffon!!!" Lex

- "All the villains in the Legion of Doom have already been arrested." Batman

- " is over Luthor, this time you will go to prison for good." Batman
-Game over

Video Call: *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

Lex: What do you want?

Joker: Oh Lexy, I’m hurt. Not a call, not a text… I’m beginning to think you’re not taking our friendship seriously.

Lex: You’re not a friend. You’re an irritating skin rash that won’t go away.

Joker: Hahaha… and they say you’ve got no sense of humor.

Lex: WHAT. Do. You. Want?

Joker: Lexy, Lexy, Lexy… Did you think I was joking when we last talked?

Lex: …

Joker: If I know Bats…
Joker: And I do…
Joker: Then you might want to turn around.
Joker: Later Lexy!

Lex: JOKER! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Batman: He’s right, you know.

Lex: Batman! How did you…?

Batman: Did you really think kidnapping members of the League would go unnoticed?

Lex: Kidnapping? Please, Batman. I have no control over what your so-called heroes do in their afterhours. If they wish to “show it all”, who am I to judge?

Batman: You know damn well what you’ve done!

Lex: So, I attended a few strip clubs. I’m only a man, unlike members of your little club. Can you really deny me the simple pleasures in life?

If Batgirl is unlocked:

Lex: I have to admit, I’m jealous, having only seen the goods. Tell me, is Batgirl as skilled in bed as she is on the pole?

Batman: *PUNCH* *BAM* *POW*

Lex: (Beaten Up)

Batman: You’re disgusting. Superman?

Superman: *Superspeeds in*

Superman: I’m here.

Batman: Your city. He’s all yours.

GAME OVER

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
Video Call: *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

Lex: What do you want?

Joker: Oh Lexy, I’m hurt. Not a call, not a text… I’m beginning to think you’re not taking our friendship seriously.

Lex: You’re not a friend. You’re an irritating skin rash that won’t go away.

Joker: Hahaha… and they say you’ve got no sense of humor.

Lex: WHAT. Do. You. Want?

Joker: Lexy, Lexy, Lexy… Did you think I was joking when we last talked?

Lex: …

Joker: If I know Bats…
Joker: And I do…
Joker: Then you might want to turn around.
Joker: Later Lexy!

Lex: JOKER! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Batman: He’s right, you know.

Lex: Batman! How did you…?

Batman: Did you really think kidnapping members of the League would go unnoticed?

Lex: Kidnapping? Please, Batman. I have no control over what your so-called heroes do in their afterhours. If they wish to “show it all”, who am I to judge?

Batman: You know damn well what you’ve done!

Lex: So, I attended a few strip clubs. I’m only a man, unlike members of your little club. Can you really deny me the simple pleasures in life?

If Batgirl is unlocked:

Lex: I have to admit, I’m jealous, having only seen the goods. Tell me, is Batgirl as skilled in bed as she is on the pole?

Batman: *PUNCH* *BAM* *POW*

Lex: (Beaten Up)

Superman: *Superspeeds in*

GAME OVER
I really like your text but I will remove the Superman becuase there are no images for him and mix the dialog with lex and batman

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
I really like your text but I will remove the Superman becuase there are no images for him and mix the dialog with lex and batman

Since there's no images, you can just have Batman call him on communicator.

Superman: *Responds on Communicator*

GAME OVER

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
Since there's no images, you can just have Batman call him on communicator.

Superman: *Responds on Communicator*

GAME OVER
yeah good poin well thx for your help . I will add this eding today for Joker quest

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018

cs2468

Sep 13, 2017
Wondering, I have Asset Studio to rip the Sprites from the Unity game, is there a good program to rip the script for dialogue?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Wondering, I have Asset Studio to rip the Sprites from the Unity game, is there a good program to rip the script for dialogue?
joepe has already extracted the dialogue/most of the script related stuff from SU, up to 2.4.2 anyways...

https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...unity-development-thread.144779/post-11222764

It's a couple of versions behind at this point, but since not a lot gets added in each SU update, most/almost all of what you may be looking for should be there.

Reactions: xMendoza and cs2468

cs2468

Sep 13, 2017
Thank you, I think I saw someone post something similar earlier, but I think I missed this one.

I was able to put in the files from the android version to that old version someone ported to Renpy, I haven't played through a lot but I think it's stable, is that something people would want posted? Or do they mostly care about the Re-Imagined?

And, is there anything that the OP's need that can be crowd sourced, besides writing scripts for specific scenes? That's fine if so, just wondering what would help.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thank you, I think I saw someone post something similar earlier, but I think I missed this one.

I was able to put in the files from the android version to that old version someone ported to Renpy, I haven't played through a lot but I think it's stable, is that something people would want posted? Or do they mostly care about the Re-Imagined?

And, is there anything that the OP's need that can be crowd sourced, besides writing scripts for specific scenes? That's fine if so, just wondering what would help.
A PC port of the Ren'Py Android port is something that a few people are interested in, being a port of an 'official' port.

When I scanned the files from the Android > PC port, there's a number of things that are different from SU Unity, as it's a 'truncated' version of that game. Hence why interest in ReImagined and ReBuilt 2 continues.

As the main coder behind SU ReImagined, I've set things up so that 95% of each gal's scenes and such are handled in her own individual .rpy file, with the engine checking for things in said .rpy file when it needs to (mainly layeredimage stuff, and a few variables). The plan has always been for others to tackle each of the girls individually, so that multiple contributors can help add content.

The SU ReImagined 'mission & goals' statement also allows for new content to be added. I've talked before about how you could extend a scene, say you start at the Glamour Slam, but then the scene extends to other locations, i.e. scene creators shouldn't feel 'boxed in' to a location. I have an example of what I mean partially coded now, I'm just waiting on some new artwork, but you get the idea here.

There's a few loose ends in SU ReImagined that I still need to address (mainly Meta Bordello stuff) but most of it is in place currently. As for the 'special locations' added in later editions of SU Unity (Themyscira, the Prison, etc.), those haven't been tackled yet. The other locations are generally triggered in two specific manners (end of night routines or by visiting a location like the Lexcorp offices), or upon completion of say a heist, so it's pretty easy to set up a 'trigger' that would point to a new .rpy file for the new locations with the associated labels handled in that new file.

In any case, as I've said before, the main thing right now that is needed is more work on 'girlpacks', i.e. writing the gal's progressing cell scenes, these are handled in said girl's .rpy files (check girl folders for examples). The other stuff is important to, but there's a lot of stuff that needs to be 'rebuilt' here.

SU ReImagined has always been intended to be a community effort, as there's NO WAY I can do it all myself, and as a game developer and modder, I do have other projects I'm working on too... my goal was always to get the ball rolling sufficiently so that others can pick up where I left off.

---

As for SU Rebuilt 2, that's xMendoza's baby, so I'll leave it to him to explain what's going on there.

xMendoza and I have slightly different goals when it comes to a 'Ren'Py re-imagining of the the SU setting that is moddable'. It would be nice if both of us were working on the same project, but that ship has sailed. I'd love the help, but Rebuilt 2 is his baby, and that's what he wants to work on, sooo...

---

Hope this helps explain things! If you want to help add more content to ReImagined, we can always use more contributors. If you want to 'update' the 'official Android port to PC' there are people that might want to see that too.

I'm obviously biased, but I think that ReImagined looks the prettiest and has the most potential, but that comes down to personal taste I guess.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote