RPGM [REQ] VALKYRIA [Shadow Garden]

Arkade

May 23, 2017
So translation is on hold?... Or cancelled.. Because if you don't know the problem you can't go about fixing it and nothing is being done. Real shame.. Do you have a grasp on why some translation worked while others did not? If you know that at least- can you tell us how much translation should be working on the release?.. You said 90% of story if everything worked as intended.. what about now? Is anything past the prologue(when you control hans) translated?

bart86k

Aug 30, 2017
So translation is on hold?... Or cancelled.. Because if you don't know the problem you can't go about fixing it and nothing is being done. Real shame.. Do you have a grasp on why some translation worked while others did not? If you know that at least- can you tell us how much translation should be working on the release?.. You said 90% of story if everything worked as intended.. what about now? Is anything past the prologue(when you control hans) translated?
Good news !

Just this morning the software translator++ has been updated and there is a new version of it and some bugs fixed after reports like mine, problems with implementation and import / export of projects.

The current translation is done but there is problem to make it installed to the game another words to create a patch file or translation file or to create "data" folder with all maps and files translated. So when I'll be back from work tonight I will be working on it with new update and will try to get the files created and I will reupload patched game ready run and play all in english - that's the plan.

bart86k

Aug 30, 2017
It's on Ladies and Gents !

I can say that after busy weekend RL working and with little time left working on this project there is good progress and fixes done !

I'd expect release of patched game translated 95% rdy to play on Tuesday 6.08.19

For some reason I can't get it in full full finished 100% with issue of data folder missing maps files and stuff not getting properly implemented into game

I am gettin now v. close to just finish it and let it out and perhaps someone would be willning to fight with it to do some corrections and filling in some gaps ?

Saty tuned people... patience is a virtue ...

Last edited:

bart86k

Aug 30, 2017
Here it is !!!

Just random sample images to show imperfections with Jap language in dialogues and that the game is mostly in English

ScreenShot001.jpg ScreenShot002.jpg ScreenShot003.jpg

Still not perfect but worth uploading.
Please keep in mind it is in progress and updates will be released (time is the key)
Out of 667 Data files only 604 is done 100% and exported / implemented into the game.
There will be some Jap in some areas and maps.

Note:
The game is decrypted / unpacked and all you have to do is just run it
Future updates and further translations will be simply added by uploading "Map" files from Data folder

I have managed to get the software translator working but still can't get into actual game files correctly to get everything loaded and translated and saved.

Please be patient for 100% product and DO NOT expect all nice perfect Jap translated into beautiful and correct Eng as this is not a team of people who can speak both languages at pro lvl. I am just a man with little time to spare and willpower to do some things on my own.

Enjoy !

P.S
Let me know how is it and if there is something wrong or too much missing and unplayable.

Your suggestions are welcome and if you can advise me how I can load this game using full licensed RPG Maker VX Ace ???

Last edited:

Marie Mamiya

Aug 14, 2017
Here it is !!!

Just random sample images to show imperfections with Jap language in dialogues and that the game is mostly in English

View attachment 365367 View attachment 365368 View attachment 365369

Please keep in mind it is in progress and updates will be released (time is the key)
Out of 667 Data files only 604 is done 100% and exported / implemented into the game.

Note:
Future updates and further translations will be simply added by uploading "Map" files from Data folder

I have managed to get the software translator working but still can't get into actual game files correctly to get everything loaded and translated and saved.

Please be patient for 100% product and DO NOT expect all nice perfect Jap translated into beautiful and correct Eng as this is not a team of people who can speak both languages at pro lvl. I am just a man with little time to spare and willpower to do some things on my own.

Enjoy !

P.S
Let me know how is it and if there is something wrong or too much missing and unplayable.

You suggestions are welcome and if you can advise me how I can load this game using full licensed RPG Maker VX Ace ???
Thank you so much for your hard work! :3 I will wait for the final translation : ) When do you plan to do it?

Zarcinie

Aug 3, 2018
its a nice translation so far hoping for a more updated but found an issue in philia status window cant see all of the text plus there is a 12undefined text in it

Naru100

Jun 13, 2017
Are the quest on the second floor of the knights guild supposed to be translated?
Because if they are, they aren't

dcmatr

Aug 23, 2016
Here it is !!!

Note:

Enjoy !

P.S

Your suggestions are welcome and if you can advise me how I can load this game using full licensed RPG Maker VX Ace ???
@bart86k
First off, thanks a lot for the hard work being put into this! Translators are a rare breed and we all appreciate the effort!

Next, I just wanna share my experience working with T++ that may or may not help with the issue you have of not being able to find the untranslated texts that are present.

T++ is not perfect and sometimes outputs text into their unicode format. What's worse, these text don't even show up within the program itself, so that entire line is missing from that specific map file when loaded in T++. Thankfully, this mostly happens with System/Skills/CommonEvents.json (or .rvdata2 in this case) and they are usually either combat/status or menu text. If you look through the original file versus the T++ output version of the translated file you might be able to find the untranslated text: In my case T++ displayed untranslated text as "/uf83d/u93jd" etc for example. I then used a combination of both loading the original game exe in actual RPG Maker to search for which exact file the untranslated text appeared in and grepWin that allowed me to batch search multiple files at once.

Again, not sure if this applies to you since the last project I did was a RPGMV game not a RPGVXAce one so it might be different. Hope this helps!

Reactions: cleanfeel

Albeiro

Aug 21, 2017
@bart86k

Good job translating, the effort you make is really appreciated, thank you very much! One little thing I only mention to help you a little, between one of the translations and the other I deleted the translation of certain items and the days that have elapsed within the game, I really hope you can finish translating the whole game, again thank you very much for your effort

Arkade

May 23, 2017
It's better than it was but it still feels really incomplete- like the entire first meeting with Ellis is untranslated for instance.- entire first meeting with lloyd. etc.. The hans prologue(before meeting main heroine) is probably only about 10% translated to be honest. Maybe it will be better in the castle world and such-. Most of the translation that I have seen is really incorrect in what the sentence is suppose to convey- tbh worse than a machine translation- and that could be because of how it's mixing the datafiles. You translate key words that are used in multiple areas of the game like "clothes"- where the only word in a string of japanese that becomes translated is Clothes.. And that's probably just the fault of the design. But when pickaxe is translated as tsuruhashi- and then you pick it up and it's translated as Handkerchief, and then you look at it in your inventory and it's finally Pickaxe. Something is definitely mixed up here.

Still- appreciate the efforts..

Last edited:
Reactions: Marie Mamiya

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Yeah sadly most of the text is still untranslated for me (main characters like Ellis, most of the text is in japanese). I also have an issue where if the sentence is too long, it stretches from the screen and cannot be read (though that might be on my side?).

Thanks for taking your time to do this.

Space0din

Jun 24, 2017
Here it is !!!

Note:

Enjoy !

P.S

YOU ARE A KING AMONGST MEN! I have been hoping to find this for ages

bart86k

Aug 30, 2017
hey,

Thank you all for your report and appreciation. @dcmatr , @Arkade thx for sharing.

I am frustrated as well that is it not working correctly and that I am unable to load all files and find everything in one go.
I will be updateing at some point and I am working on it further to get this game close to 100% done if possible.

Is there anyone of you willing to advise me how to get into "map" files ?
I have a full Rpg maker VX Ace license and still I can not load the game through it.

The only way for me to load anything to get translated is using Translator++ Patreon version updated.
The problem is that there is 63 data Map files missing in loading process and I can't get it to work correctly.

Having only little spare time between work and family I am in progress of solving the problem and getting all files loaded and translated or getting the RPG Maker Vx Ace working and manualy altering the files.

dcmatr

Aug 23, 2016
Is there anyone of you willing to advise me how to get into "map" files ?
I have a full Rpg maker VX Ace license and still I can not load the game through it.
Yes, if you don't have the .rvproj2 file you technically can't use the project as you don't just "open" the game.exe and have the files all there unfortunately. However, there's an easy trick to this - Simply start a new project on rpgmaker vxace, save and close. Get the extracted Data + Graphics(might be optional, but might as well) folders from the game and replace it to where you saved your new project to, replacing whatever default files it came with. Reopen that new project and all the map etc data should be loaded, just like in the screenshot ive attached.
Capture.JPG

The new problem that occurs now is that all the map files are in japanese instead of map001/002 etc. You've mentioned missing 63 maps when loading into T++ so unless you know exactly what is missing/untranslated it's going to be rather tough finding out exactly where those are. Do bear in mind that if T++ skips over an entire map file, the next one will be replaced with the new file name instead. (E.g. map086 didn't load in T++, so map087 becomes the new 086, map088->087 etc) At least, that's what I recall happened to my files anyway. Might be a different situation with yours.

Another thing you could try is to use the gaijinizer patcher here:

to generate text files of the maps and again, using something like grepWin to batch search for the specific string of text to make it easier for you to pinpoint what is missing.

Keep us updated man, feel free to just PM me as well if you don't want the thread to be clogged up with replies; I will try to help out as much as I can. If you need someone to proof-read/fix sentence/grammar errrors, or just need help with translating hit me up, I've just found out about ShadowGarden and I love their previous title, Shadowcore so I have high hopes for this one as well and I want to get this fully translated too.

bart86k

Aug 30, 2017
@dcmatr
Thank you a lot ! for your advice and suggestions. I will work on it mate we need more ppl like you and to be more communicative. I will try it out and try to get all files loaded and translated even if it means manual copy / pasting 5000 chars per batch translated.

I will work on Valkyria on Friday and over the weekend as well 16-19 August

Best regards
B.

bart86k

Aug 30, 2017
Does anyone have some sort of walkthrough? I have no idea how to have her work at the brothel
I don't think there is any walkthrough and that is why we try to get it translated so then it is easier to understand what to do for story progression.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Btw does anyone know if the dev is still working on the game? I know there were some issues so hopefully it is not abandoned?

Mark21800

Jun 7, 2017
Btw does anyone know if the dev is still working on the game? I know there were some issues so hopefully it is not abandoned?
Probably, the guy's a really really reeeeeeally slow worker and only ever communicates when he has something they consider concrete.