Mod Ren'Py Returning To Mia (Summer with Mia 2) [Ep. 10 v1.1.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm also changing some SanchoGallery scenes too... for example the Isla Hotel scene I started it earlier and ended it later...she seemed happy:
1698786537305.png

Otherwise I'm still kickin' it. I revisited Ep6 an hour or so ago and glad I did. That episode alone is over 10,000 lines of code (it's a very large episode) and found some quirks that needed tending to. I'm back to it...

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Progress update (percentages below 100% are approximate, cut me some slack on that):

Edited (see edit time at bottom-right of post)

General categories/overview:
Updated to the latest Mod Core code: 100%
Updated SanchoCheats hooks: 100%
Updated SanchoGallery to latest code: 100%
Updated mod to conform to new VN UI: 100%
Pre-ported VN script (was one file) to 40 separate files: 100%

Coding of each individual script file (Episode/Day):
(Includes all coding including gallery, walkthrough, UI, splits, LustTime, MiniStat, etc)
Ep1 thru Ep6 (Days 1-13): 100% (all done including testing) (Edited)
Ep7 thru Ep8 (Days 14-26): 90% (requires audio injection for gallery, UI polish, MiniStat choreography, and final testing)
Ep9 (Days 26-27): 80% (I'm sandbagging but Ep9 was basically a complete rewrite by the dev so I must check each line again)
Ep10 (Days 27-32): Undetermined (Outline for gameplan done, no hardcore coding implemented yet)

... the cake is still baking... I'm back to it.

(I should correct that the one large original script was separated into 40 individual scripts, not 80 as I mistakenly counted RPYCs the first time).

The original script file thru Ep9 was over 91,000 lines of code for just the story... it's over 100,000 lines thru Ep10... just a little stat for FYI. That's... a shitload of code for perspective.
2023-10-31 17_46_36-Steam.png

Fixed the Replay Room

Reactions: Sancho1969

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Pfft... his gallery sucks :ROFLMAO: :p

All BS aside, thanks bud... I'll check it out when I'm about to wrap the update up considering it's not vital but I'll make sure it gets put in. Regards.
Well, they changed Ren'Py versions though? 8.0.3 was the previous update and now it's 8.1.3

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, they changed Ren'Py versions though? 8.0.3 was the previous update and now it's 8.1.3
No fucking way.... what is he thinking? Big mistake if he did... wow. The VN is done... don't change language engines at this point (if at all). Kill me now...

• Sad
Reactions: Hinomura

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
No fucking way.... what is he thinking? Big mistake if he did... wow. The VN is done... don't change language engines at this point (if at all). Kill me now...

This was everything new in the update today, used UAGC to compare everything, and add everything new from the old fix version, obviously nothing is packed back.

Sabahudin

Dec 11, 2017
I'm assuming it won't be possible to check all the endings without re-playing the game multiple times?
Like scenes galery or something?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm assuming it won't be possible to check all the endings without re-playing the game multiple times?
Like scenes galery or something?
You won't need me or the mod for that tbh...there's 4 endings. All you really need is a Mia(Couple) and a Sadie(Couple (safest w/ no Mia)) at the end of Ep8. You should (kinda need) to replay Ep9 due to it basically being rewritten by the dev. The four endings are recipe'd in the VN's thread on a post I made yesterday here.

gokitan

Oct 5, 2018
Quick question, will the mod only work for the compressed version? cuz i downloaded the whole 18gbs the moment it was released :KEK:. Btw sancho you should take some rest now before you finish the mod ot else its gonna be the end of you, thanks for all your hard work ;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Quick question, will the mod only work for the compressed version? cuz i downloaded the whole 18gbs the moment it was released :KEK:. Btw sancho you should take some rest now before you finish the mod ot else its gonna be the end of you, thanks for all your hard work ;)
SanchoMod's generally work for original or compressed versions... but there's an issue in the compressed(fix) since it has loose scripts. I'll have to write some detailed instructions for folks using compressed to get the mod installed correctly. Uncompressed won't be any problem at all (assuming you have the proper Fix version). I'll write a post on all of that later bud.

Reactions: Nocro32510

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
SanchoMod's generally work for original or compressed versions... but there's an issue in the compressed(fix) since it has loose scripts. I'll have to write some detailed instructions for folks using compressed to get the mod installed correctly. Uncompressed won't be any problem at all (assuming you have the proper Fix version). I'll write a post on all of that later bud.
Well, I made a new patch for v1.1. If they have my previous version, they can just delete all the .rpy/rpyc files, and the ones from the Story folder (it has a graphics confiuration in it now) along with the Lust_Time folder.

I think this will work, and tested it on the fix 2 version on site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Graybo

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
> 01.11
> EP. 9
Broooooo
Don't be like that bud.... let's see how fast you code and/or review over 100,000 lines of code with over 300 choices and over 60 lewds.

I've worked an average of slightly over 16hrs/day for the past two weeks straight on VN updates (I finally took a few days off recently after almost 2yrs), I'm not putting in more hours than that for a free service so please be patient. This is the VN's Final... and it has a slew of bugs (as a matter of fact the dev released Fix #2 just hours ago) so this takes time to do right.

Otherwise I could simply spend a total of no more than 4 hours each update and give you the typical "green text is Best choice" type mod.

So the question I have for you is do you want sushi from a truck stop or from a Michelin chef?

Majorix

Aug 12, 2021
Don't be like that bud.... let's see how fast you code and/or review over 100,000 lines of code with over 300 choices and over 60 lewds.

I've worked an average of slightly over 16hrs/day for the past two weeks straight on VN updates (I finally took a few days off recently after almost 2yrs), I'm not putting in more hours than that for a free service so please be patient. This is the VN's Final... and it has a slew of bugs (as a matter of fact the dev released Fix #2 just hours ago) so this takes time to do right.

Otherwise I could simply spend a total of no more than 4 hours each update and give you the typical "green text is Best choice" type mod.

So the question I have for you is do you want sushi from a truck stop or from a Michelin chef?
You're way too kind answering such posts. I'd be either ignoring them or be very pissed off. I mean it's not too hard to quickly read the last two pages to see you're on it. You even keep us in the loop regarding progress.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You're way too kind answering such posts. I'd be either ignoring them or be very pissed off. I mean it's not too hard to quickly read the last two pages to see you're on it. You even keep us in the loop regarding progress.
It's okay... I understand impatience and the thought that maybe someone is slacking off if you don't fully understand what all is involved in a complicated process. It'd be hypocritical of me to think otherwise as I've most certainly acted similarly at some points as my younger self. Being a redneck I have rather thick skin by default anyway... I don't think he truly meant offense... I think he was simply disappointed in not getting immediate satisfaction when he saw the OP wasn't updated yet.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes