VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Returning to Mia [v1.2.0] [Inceton]

1. 4.00 star(s)

thegrindisreal

Best left control simulator I played so far. (y)
    Literally don't care about Saddie nor Mia.
    I was only interested in Isla and Grace so minus one star for no ending with either of them.
    Not enough NTR for my taste though. Why? Would have been better without the whole drama and just make a game about relationships and sex next time.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

emanresuistaken

Review of Ep.10

I wasn't planning on reviewing this, but there are so many things frustrating me about this game.

The good:
    • Graphics are mostly excellent
    • A number of the girls are very attractive
    The Bad:
    • The story is boring, at parts it's good at building up and teasing, but most often it's just boring dribble.
    • I hate Lust time events with a passion wtf is up with all the forced clicking through 12-15 mini animations that are mostly a collection of bad angles. I would like it more if they just picked one or max 2 positions and 1 good angle
    • Almost all the scenes end in cumshots... I hate cumshots
    • The gallery is a random collection of fantasy screenshots, there is no scene gallery
    • Almost none of the girls get any love in the final episode, only Mia and Sadie
    • The voice acting is pretty bad, I prefer to turn it off.
    TLDR: After finishing it, I feel disappointed. In the missed potential and especially in the lack of love the side girls get.

Pro Tip: Download URM search labels "Lust_Time_" for a slightly buggy scene viewer. "D_32_"for the different endings
  3. 5.00 star(s)

rdmstranger

Ok, so I definitely understand the frustration from the fans of "Summer with Mia". This game does progress MUCH more slowly and the characters are a lot more prude.

That being said, I find myself pretty much loving this game. The story is not bad at all, and the characters are pretty well-developed. Besides, all the good things from the creator are still there. The renders are all great, animations are not bad, and god bless the slut button!

TLDR: If you are looking for another "Summer with Mia" you will be disappointed. If you want to come in with a fresh perspective and like story/relationship focused games, you're in for a treat!
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Queen Carmel

first off the renders are great, that is why the game gets 1 star, otherwise it deserves much lower, the story is bad real bad, it is full of spelling mistakes, and although these could be pathed, this is episode 8, so they should have been patched LONG before now. The story is also in fact it is boring to sit and read, season 1 wasn't bad, but season 2, is just horrible, the name change is also pointless and stupid, Summer with Mia season 2 was a much better title than the garbage title it has now, the dev needs to fix this game, it was good once, but now it is just a dumpster fire
  5. 3.00 star(s)

wpeale71341

The only reason I gave this sequel a 3 star is strictly because of the high quality of the renders and the extra characters. There is no other reason at all to even play this very lengthy and very boring sequel. The first is way better and has a story that is much better put together. Not a great story but mare coherent.

Why do I say the story sucks? Well it starts off weak but almost sensible. Then a couple chapters in it goes to shit in a hand basket fast. It goes from one dumbass character, Cindy, who is written to be a dumbass making all the other characters look more stupid than her. Well there is Ellie. So I guess there were 2 dumbasses.

What is with the MC being such a weak ass pussy that is now even weaker? The choices and actions resulting from them are pathetic. Oh and a choice of where he gets to cum when he has sex would be nice especially after having to sit through the multiple clicked on circle jerk of choices that you must click all of to progress to the next circle to finally be able to cum. Uhhh!!!!! That ruined the entire sex sequence for me. Whose dumbass idea was that? Probably the same dumbass that put the names into the script. Shit half the time the names DO NOT MATCH the speaker. Oh and at the end, Mom (Laura), shows up and (You already named her earlier in a previous chapter's dream sequence) has question marks for a name but in the descriptive writing it plainly states Laura did such and such. What the hell? Whoever put the sequel together must have been higher than shit when they did it and again when they reviewed it prior to release.

But hey, its up to you if you wish to sit through this currently 8 gb of clusterfuck. It is not the absolute worst terd on here but it certainly is not something to brag about either. To think I was so happy to see a sequel to the first game and then was very happy to see its size just to skip through the majority of it after the story went Stupid on it. What a shame. I truly expected better.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Bill Temple

Episode 8 review: I didn't get to the end of the episode 8 before I had to shut it off.

I was supremely annoyed with the original Summer with Mia and outlined my views in a review on that thread. The last act of SWM1 was a huge improvement from the first two, though the drama toward the end seemed so rushed, forced, and far-fetched that it didn't really rescue the game in my eyes. However, the description of the sequel here seemed more interesting as I hoped it would continue with the trend of the third act of having some real stakes and real emotion. Reuniting with a lover that you've wronged, redeeming yourself, rebuilding your relationship and your life all sounds interesting.
    Starting the sequel, it certainly looked like that was going to be the case. I was pleased with the depth and drama in the first four episodes. There was some tension being built and some impactful choices being made, and the characters were intelligent and their dialogue was interesting. During the next three episodes, there's a rush to jam-pack drama into the plot. There's constantly a new, unwelcome surprise being revealed, and no satisfying resolution or options on any of them. It's also during episode 5-8 that, in between sex scenes and ominous or threatening drama, the VN transitions into a crappy sitcom. The characters, each and all, become idiots (except Cindy who segues from mentally-handicapped to just a bit dim), but especially the MC becomes the typical sitcom/slice-of-life anime doofus that ruins those genres. There's incessant bickering that adds no value and treads over the same ground time and time and time again. It's mostly between the MC and his aunt's best-friend, who had a threesome (or didn't) with him and his girlfriend. It escalates from playful banter and jabs to outright animosity, with the MC being made to play the fool in all situations. Not only Vivian, but all the characters send jabs at the MC for his mediocre looks, weak physique/athleticism, lame jokes, middling to inferior intelligence, mundane movie taste, lack of tact, and poor decisions. According to canon, everything about this guy is unappealing, but his cock and sexual prowess, apparently. I can't really blame them, the writer made this guy suck. At least he upgraded his conscience a little from the first game, but in every other stat he's stagnated at or slid into a sub-par rating. I used console commands during episode 6 to rename him from my usual MC name to "Ross Gellar".
    I'm not sure if it's because the writer doesn't have a plan or direction with these plotlines, if he's being influenced by Patrons and fan-votes, or if it's because he binged Friends on Netflix while penning the script, but this story started strong in the first four episodes, entered a slide in the next three, then the last episode fell off a 100-meter cliff right into giant steaming pile of shit. Even if the girls are hot and MC gets lots of sex, I can't stand reading the tedious dialogue, choosing between bad or worse choices, or engaging with the unavoidable, stupid, and unbelievable "events" that keep coming up.

To rescue this one, the last episode needs to be completely redone, and the previous three need some heavy reworks. As it is now, it's unreadable.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

XKimky

I used to love Inceston games and I play them since they were RPGM games but nowadays, while the render are still solid, the rest is just head banging. The story went from a hot incest story to some generic boring ones with way too many uninteresting and definitely not sexy dialog.

Its a shame because it had everything but it lost it charm and it's not just boring to play.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Strobe Adverse

This game started out as one of the best in class... beautiful girls, interesting story, and some of the best lewd scenes out there, but the writer really lost their path along the way.

The flaws can be summed up with two words "unnecessary dialogue"! The game shifted from a sexy story with captivating dialog that kept you riveted, to a painful click-fest where you are bored silly by childish interactions from shallow characters who seem to have dropped 50 IQ points since the start of the summer.

For example, there's a photo shoot near the back end of the current update that takes a solid 10 minutes to click thru (without even bothering to read it) that adds ZERO to the story line. It's a painful exercise that makes completing this game feel like a marathon.

It's gets 3 stars because the sex scenes are EPIC, but I can't help being disappointed with the direction this game is heading... it could have been one of the best on this entire site.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Kaintfm

TL/DR version – Can I get off to this? Yes. There are numerous multi-stage, multi-position lust-time events that are built up to quite well and should make getting off quite easy, even for those who prefer to skip the story and instead just skim through the Gallery (thanks to SanchoMod for that by way! Love your work!)

Warning: If you play this game, you will be a cheating asshole. It’s unavoidable. If you like to play the honest serial monogamist or the harem owner where everyone involved just happens to be okay with you have a dozen different lovers, this is not the game for you. There is unavoidable cheating. You have a girlfriend and you will cheat on her whether you want to or not. If you’re okay with that, then read on. There’s also a certain amount of female domination that is only partly avoidable, and avoiding it locks you out of some of the best content (threesomes, multi-stage lust-time events). Frustrating, but in this game it’s the price you pay. I do wish they’d written Vivian as more of a tsundere than an ice-cold dominatrix, but them’s the breaks!

For those who played the original Summer with Mia, the beginning may be a little startling. Time has passed and your relationship with Mia is rocky at best, and Mia herself has grown out of her lustful, promiscuous youth… at least initially. That said, the story is a believable one, or as believable as any incest story can be.

The renders have improved as have the both the quality and the quantity of the animations. The creative minds behind Summer with Mia also created the excellent Echoes of Lust/Lust Theory which invented the multi-stage lust-time events where you have multiple positions in multiple stages with dialogue rich still frames in-between the different positions. A truly rewarding system and a significant upgrade from the original Summer of Mia. The creators have learned some new tricks, and it shows.

There’s still no music or sound which is a bummer, but you can always play something in the background to set the mood.

There’s a lot of content here and most of it is good. The adult scenes are well-set up and fleshed out with some of them lasting a solid twenty minutes or more if you’re reading all the dialogue, and the story is engrossing enough that I rarely felt my fingers inching towards the tab/ctrl keys. I’m working my way through Chapter 8 and look forward to future content. The only negatives would be the forced cheating, forced female domination, and the absence of a soundtrack. Given the quality of the rest of the game, the absence of a soundtrack is noticeable. Any of the common license free background songs would suffice.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

sunqian3000

Favorite sibling incest story over the years . The first plot design is very characteristic, horny sister all the way hungry and active , The second part in the separation of a period of time after the sister and brother feelings have twists and turns of the wonderful change , all story very wonderful .
    Could the author do something about the file size issue , as it stands we'll have 12G+ at the end of Part two , computer hard drives are under a lot of pressure .
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Avaron1974

I gave it a 2 because it's pretty to look at.

I enjoyed Summer with Mia. All the characters were great and they all had something going for them.

Summer with Mia 2 is just like Summer with Mia but with all the fun sucked out.

It takes Mia, one of the horniest sex pots in adult gaming, and makes her boring as fuck ..... and that's the knock on for the rest of the game, boring.

Sit back and watch the most generic collection of characters fight to keep a bar open with all the intrigue and excitement of painting a picket fence then watching it dry.

The most fun is on the forums. The aunt tells some stories about what happened in her youth while she was at high school and college ..... read on the forums about people complaining it's ntr ..... ntr, talking about her past. Dumbest shit i've ever read but it's more entertaining than the actual game.

The stories are also the best part. They have the best action scenes that at least look like something from a Mia game.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Yare Yare

Complete downgrade from part 1, every character becomes like any other VN you find in this site, all love nothing else.

Mia is a nun now.
    MC is extremely boring.

Avoid this if you are trying to find something with substance.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Bender_is_great_34

Season 1~2(ep7)

Both seasons have nice stories. However, S1 is a bit coarse and maybe even blunt?(but still fun) while S2 has the finesse factor(especially in emotional touches-more drama) that made me more engaged.
    Renders are nice and girls are cute, and with occasional well placed cameos, I couldn't ask for more.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

PinkTurnsBlue

A big difference in tone when you compare it with SwM Part 1.
    In Part 1, you play as a degenerate creepy scumbag who stops at nothing to get his fuck on with all the females in the story. Even going so far as blackmailing, raping and corrupting his sister Mia, her bff and his own mother. All morals where thrown out the door from the word go, and now we have this...
    The protagonist is 'more matured'. Give me a break, he did much more than some teenage antics. Mia is no longer a depraved slut. Remember, this is the girl who fucked her own father on stage at the strip club she was working. Instead she has moved on, bettered her life and even has a boyfriend. Yeah, right.
    Total letdown if you ask me. Gone is the feeling of corruption with the optional NTR. Instead we are asked to actually care about Mia and co.
    The mother gets replaced by the aunt, the bff gets replaced by another bff. Great writing. Added some tedious unrewarding red buttons to click, and voila: Part 2.
    The first one wasn't perfect, but at least it was fapable, this one has nothing.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

leathermax

Came to this game right after I finished with the first part, which I found to be pretty good, but I was very dissapointed with the sequel.
    It's just a mind numbing constant drama with everyone bitching about everything and even though the cast of women is bigger than in the previous game, this game manages to be so fucking mild and have so little H stuff when compared to the previous one, that you'll grow bored even if you spam CTRL to try and get a fap done before the day ends.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Ironik22

top game, really impressive render, story is ok, it goes well and the beauty are everywhere. really nice so far. the first one was also very nice. 5 stars for me.
    really looking forward to the next episode
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Hantersob

Unlike many other games this game finally has a really well written story where the playable character has a girlfriend since the beginning. You don't waste time to charm/corrupt the girl(s) you want to fuck, you finally start with a really nice & hot girlfriend. Great improvement compared to part 1.
    Great art, great animations, great renders, readable story, and many more. One of the best Adult VNs I've ever played.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

JNolan92

I am loving this game so much. I do think the first game was better so far, but the series in general is fantastic, spelling and grammatical errors aside. I do like how refined the Mia renders look in this game. I think she looks more beautiful in this game, but I did prefer her body type in the first one. Her boobs seem bigger in SwM 1 than in this one, but I still love Mia hehe.
    I'm rooting for Mia and MC to end up together in the end, though I do not have any problems with Sadie. I honestly don't believe Mia actually has a boyfriend named Oliver, as she claims. I think she made him up since MC has Sadie, but we shall see if we ever meet "Oliver".
    I am addicted to the story between both games!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

DanielR

2nd Part of a good game, we waited for this for a while now and we do get to see Mia and the MC story evolving. Good graphics, nice characters and on top of that interesting story. For me Summer with Mia S1 had something special and I can say that it hit the spot. I do recommend it to all of you and hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I do (S1 and S2)...
  20. 2.00 star(s)

Sesinho

Lets start by saying that the game title is actually a meta-JOKE. Why?:

Mia, Sadie and Cindy have the same face and almost the same hair color. Isla is pretty similar with freckles. Vivian looks pretty similar but with another eye color.

As for the game visuals:
    I think this one loses too much work and effort doing things that are easier like giving free renders of models posing, basically, but other meaningful things are just not there. I mean you get some free renders, you can even change girls clothes with one button ( WTF its the most money grabbing ridiculous thing i have seen) but later when you actually can "hug" Mia, there is no hug, like not even a single hint to let you know it happened, not with Mia face, not in the pose, or the camera distance, nothing at all.
    To see this kind of work I can download Poser and do the stuff myself, I did it in the past, but its only girls making poses.
    The game has decent renders, ignoring the fact that many girls are the same model,and the blurry hair. Still I wouldnt rate high the visuals because the diffcult poses still look like crap, and for me as a male, a girl bending over is a big thing, and if an ass looks like an aberration, sorry it doesnt work for me, do it differently, or make another camera angels that looks better.

For the writing:
    Well, it tries, most conversations are boring, the way of recreating tension is using faces, and the MC stammers and the usual stuff, but mostly the shallow stuff. This MC always on the receiving end, and shutting up and thinking he deserves everything is bullshit.
    There are examples of things that could be better like when the MC is talking about his girfriend after meeting Mia. He talks about her, but he should be showing her pictures or something, cause at that point i didnt know the Mc had a girlfriend, it would be nice to see her and create in the process a more "natural" scene, maybe Mia could se that she actually looks like her and have some thoughts or something. For me there is not enough tension,and the release is kind of NAH.
    More like tension it feels like writer beating around the bush.
    The thing is there is quite some dialogue, but since it doesnt exactly feel well, and most of the time doesnt add much, the first part of the game gets boring as hell and fails to make me care about the characters, including the ones that give you easy sex COUH COUGH girlfriend i barely know... Call me weird there are camgirls out there that I know as much as the majority of these characters.

The second hug in the beach triggered me quite a bit, I mean, It seriously did the run away dissapearing into the distance thing. Thats pretty much a MEME, and what happened previously was serious, and i can't take that shit.

The day with Mia, MC had drink 2 superpowerful drinks and he still felt ashamed of Giselle seeing him. I guess his inhibitions are deeply rooted, and he is always hoding back...(this writing)

AS for the game in general:
    There are a lot of fake choices that dont matter,so dont put them in the first place, its annoying to have my expectations subverted all the time and have to make extra clics for no reason.
    The player has little to no agency, and even characters in some moments are stripped of it, like when something is going on and they are interrupted and they have to stop. It would be awesome if they could make the choice of stopping or continue by themselves, not because of "plot convenient circumstances"

Too many fanservice renders (which also includes dreams,memories and illusions in addition to the magic buttons) way too many hours of rendering that could be put in useful plot related stuff.

Not convinced about the sex scenes, they feel like a sucession of prerecorded scenes, there is not emotion besides "making faces". No wondering hands, eye contact, anticipation, and so on, the little things, the magic that really sell the sex scene.

Mia route sucks, no buildup at all, just drama and beating around the bush, and the release results in a Silent fart (since the fart is used a lot in the game, its convenient)

The game definetly struggles building anticipation. Without anticipation, if you are 18 to 30ish you are gonna do maybe fine, but im guessing for older people a little extra is needed,and in my opinion this one is not delivering.

Did i mention subverted expectations and plot convenient circumstances? Well they actually make combo with the fake choices so you may pick one option thinking it will move things forward, but an interruption is gonna hapepen,and in the end the difference between one option and the other one might be one render.

FINAL thoughts
    The game is a sucession of porn VN tropes, with full drama Mia route, and a lot of girls throwing themselves at the MC. They are avoidable, not like Sadie. For me the game is trashy, and im giving it it 2 stars cause some animations are interesting if they keep working on them and polishing them.
    Not the best work of Inceton, definetly a cashgrab to "fix" the crap ending of SWM1.

(this one's too long and there may be typos and stuff, bear with me, im not an English native speaker)