VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Returning to Mia [v1.2.0] [Inceton]

1. 5.00 star(s)

rev_01

With Summer With Mia 1, I had quite a few issues with the game, and while I enjoyed it, I thought a lot more could be done to improve it as there were quite a few bad things about it, namely the way the MC acted.

To give credit where it's due, Inceton soared with correcting basically every issue I had with the previous game. Instead of being a rapey dimwit who has no understanding of human emotions, the MC is now completely believable, has matured significantly and acts much more like you would expect from a human.

The follow up from the original game was excellent, it went exactly how it should have given how things ended and Mia's reaction especially was great.

The render quality and dialogue quality has improved significantly and now everything looks and reads much better. The story looks like it's going to take off really well and I'm very excited to see how this goes and how MCs relationship with Mia grows.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Steviehg84

What a terrible sequel. The first game turned out pretty damned good. In this one though after the events of the first game it doesn't take your beta-boy long to start lusting after Mia again. You seriously don't have any other option it sucks because the first game seemed more open ended but this one your SECOND encounter with Mia after the reunion he is propositioning right off the bat. He comes across as a pathetic Simp.

Again the animations are high end but the story this time round is just weak as hell.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Ziltoid

Summer With Mia 2 started out just as strong as Summer With Mia 1 ended. The story is simple, but the characters are likable, the emotion feels real, and the new models look great! There's nothing wrong with a good drama, romantic story :)
  4. 4.00 star(s)

L3z1l3

Rating is based on Ep.1

Great graphics, great characters, good dialogue, believable emotions.
    The MC is much more mature compared to the first game, which is a nice change. He can still turn into a bumbling idiot some times when flustered but otherwise more relatable than he was in the first game.
    Mia also matured somewhat but it's not that clear because of her seemingly hostile behavior towards the MC at the beginning.
    The new characters are interesting. The females ones are very hot.

The restarting relationship between Mia and MC is bittersweet.

So if everything is so great why not giving it 5 stars?
    Because I don't see where to go from here.

MC and Mia already went through all the bases, experimented around sexually and even became emotionally involved. If (when) they decide to restart their relationship it doesn't make sense to go through all of that again. A simple epilogue chapter added to SwM1 would have been enough to cover that.
    But surely there will be some complications and there are also the new side characters! Yes, but Mia already left MC behind because he was sexually involved with their mother. And that was at a time when they were both horny teenagers and Mia was basically willing to do anything. Will she be ok now with MC fucking their Aunt or some other random broad who she is not even friends with like she was with Emma?
    Or will she become slutty again and willing to do anything so the 2 of them can fuck around for another game?
    And will MC suddenly become a horny jerk again after showing concern for Mia in the first episode and not wanting to destroy her new life and fuck around just after they started to make up?

Unfortunately there is no other choice than wait for the next update and see how the story goes.
    I hope Inceton can create a good story with lots of hot scenes without ruining the characters and relationship built up by the ending of the first game and this first episode but until that becomes true I can't give the game 5 stars.

PS: I'm unhappy that the mother's character was removed from the new story and it was even stated that her relationship with MC ended a while ago.In the previous game she was the best chance I saw for MC to have some kind of a harem without totally messing up the characters. Now that she was removed from the second game I see maybe even less chance for that.
    I hope that she can return in some future update and I hope there Inceton will make it possible to achieve some kind of happy harem ending maybe with her included.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

MercifulThug

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll just be honest here. I cry over this love story, actually TWICE (at the end of SWM 1 and beginning of SWM 2). I'm not really sure how that happened, but I do know for a fact that this way of conveying the character's expression is very emotional, except for the MC ... It's okay. (Oh my God, I wish he was more expressive about his feelings).

Apart from the pretty good production, I just hope that one day in this game there is a way to please everyone, from the worst to the best ending ever.
    (Please harem....hehehe).
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  6. 4.00 star(s)

PunkHooligan

It's 8 a.m. Havent slept whole night, plus, even without this condition my English leaves much to be desired. You were warned.

Review on Ep. 1

I won't say it's bad. It's good, but I hate some things in story and it's my personal preference.

The fockin overdramatic predictable bs from Mia...I had not a single doubt that in the end of the chapter
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    , so clearly no surprises here as well. I understand there has to be some background for 2 years that passed. Things have changed.
    . I'm hooked on story but although

Idea about rivalry between bars seems cool, very..and I'd like to see more of it and some interesting paths to help Grace with her business.

I've just completed first game and still under fresh impression, though didnt write review on that yet.

I just hope dynamic of the plot and relationship will drive us crazy instead of being slowpoke.

Mia's new hairsyle is beatiful.
    Grace and Cindy are fruits of this game for sure :D
    18 y.o. Grace is very spicy. Very.

MC looks like dork. His face. Idk. On other hand considering his dumb brain mode from 1st part - deserved.

CONS:
    - since SWM (1) second half of the game I believe devs didnt pay much attention to "who's dialogue line is that ?". A lot of times names not changed properly, aka Mia's calling Mia for dinner etc.
    - Still no Gallery. It took shit tonn of pages at first game to save sex scenes. Even EoL has gallery, which is smaller project at first glance. Dudes, animations are really one of the best, idk ...there has to be a gallery. Most of the people coming for a wank. And there's no replay option.
    - No sound yet. I've heard piece of track at menu, about 3 sec, then silence maybe smth on my end.
    ==============================
    Not much playtime. Smth between 60-90 min if you're slow like me.

Thx 4 the release and keep up a good work !
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Danny541

I was a fan of the first game, despite the light ntr. I was interested in the character development (I know, kinda a joke here) in the first game, and I am interested in the development in the second game. Will update if I figure out how
  8. 5.00 star(s)

JuiceBox12

I’ll be frank. The majority of the first game I didn‘t enjoy at all. There was practically no story to speak of, the characters were far from likeable (especially the MC who was a real piece of shit), and the quality of writing was uneven at best. But I must admit, I enjoyed this first release a great deal. The story appears to have a clear direction now, the characters old and new have more depth to them (I can’t believe I actually kinda liked the MC), and the writing has definitely been brought up a notch. The devs made a great decision to pick up the story where they did because it really allows the story to have a fresh and revitalised continuation that stands on its own.

On the subject of ntr, from everything the devs have said, it WILL be avoidable if you so choose. So unless they’re liars, anyone concerned about that should be relieved.

To surmise, I’m really looking forward to what happens next and unless the devs really drop the ball, this could end up being one of the better games on this site. And honestly, I already prefer it over Echoes of Lust which has really started to just become dull. But I digress.

Oh, and I really dug that cameo of a certain character. ;)
  9. 5.00 star(s)

omegashrn

So far so good, loving the story already, the renders are beautiful and it's only the very first release of the game. Although it is quite short, I really look forward to seeing it all play out in the end.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Maestro91

Excellent first episode.
    The intro to the new milf character is done great as well as Mia herself with some very promising develompent in all of their relationships.
    The ditzy girl-next-door character also seems like it will be a fun addition as well as her mother.
    And concerning the one I hope with every fiber in my body won't be the new Emma...Well, let's just say I hope she won't be since she seems like she could really bring some real spice into the mix.

Edit: Forgot in all the exitement to mention also the girlfriend which is looking to be a spicy little addition to the eventual triangle that is evolving so far.
    (Also loved that we got to choose the fate of Emma. - Bye bitch)

The continuing story and also renders are as usual on point and with witty dialogue. The setup of conflict as well as future resolutions is promising to be, again, excellent.
    The cameo from a certain fan favorite from EoL was a nice little touch that I hope we can possible get some more of.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

there

I have to say I am happy to see this game return. The game is simple and the story is something one might expect but nonetheless it is by no means bad because this game has taken the best elements of a good simple story and put it together for now.

In short the renders are lovely as usual but the story for people who have not played the previous game is about a usual dumbass protagonist whom you have seen in many such games. Who goes to many immoral lengths to have sex with hot family members either by blackmailing them or whatever else.
    However, in these games the protagonist comes to realize that his actions are doing more harm than good for the family member he truly cares for which largely resulted in the protagonist in the last game having seen his love leave him because she actually wants to make something out of her life.

That was a lovely ending in the last game and in this game we see the protagonist due to the last game's event mature and change for the better. That is a good idea for a simple story if I have ever seen one and I think everyone should give it a try.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Gh0st_Harambe

I was waiting for SwM 2 for a long time after I finished the first one and I was not disappointed. The plot of the game is simple and interesting. The quality of the renders and animations are excellent.
    The new new characters look very good.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

StuckintheZone

Same publisher as Summer with Mia and c'mon man, that one was good. As a VN, it's a bit linear; however, the story develops in a few unexpected ways. Worth watching through the various updates to see how it develops.