imunisasi

Dec 4, 2017
Last Patreon post

So, after long fight Reunion 0.3 is ready. I will pass the build to testers tonight or tomorrow, so we can start the last phase of development. I will do my best to release the game by the end of next week, but it all depends on bugs I will have to fix after testing is over. So be prepared for a small delay.
we will waiting for story continuation, good luck dev

robas147

Jan 19, 2018
Hello, this is my translation of the Reunion game in Polish.I salute everyone and wish you a great game and look forward to the hero's continued adventures.

"Gry nie muszą być tylko po Angielsku, pokażmy że (Polacy nie gęsi też swój jężyk mają) He He ... Pozdrawiam Robmon"
popieram w całej rozciągłości :-D

Reactions: Chris91ck
D

Deleted member 2864846

Really enjoying the renders for this, and I like the story setup and direction.

But the English translation is pretty rough. Lots of odd phrasing and stilted wording. Things like repeatedly talking about "private life" when I'm pretty sure the characters mean "social life."

Should have someone who's a native English speaker look this over and suggest changes. It's not impossible to parse like a lot of VNs, but it does bog things down when you're trying to fix what they're saying in your head. I think having more natural, fluent dialogue would propel this game from a solid B to an A+ easily.

Reactions: Vollezar and Freki

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Really enjoying the renders for this, and I like the story setup and direction.

But the English translation is pretty rough. Lots of odd phrasing and stilted wording. Things like repeatedly talking about "private life" when I'm pretty sure the characters mean "social life."

Should have someone who's a native English speaker look this over and suggest changes. It's not impossible to parse like a lot of VNs, but it does bog things down when you're trying to fix what they're saying in your head. I think having more natural, fluent dialogue would propel this game from a solid B to an A+ easily.
I am looking over it and I try to catch all the glaring issues and trust me there are some because of translation errors. but if you have anything specific please feel free to let me know and I'll look for it so we can fix that for everyone. I have been quiet of late because i've been dealing with demons and real life so it's not easy but if I get a private message about anything you think should be looked at again please feel free to do so. I am human and I might miss something, so every so often I do a re-play to try and catch them (what I did with this version) and we found several renders that we are working to correct along with a few things that would make you tilt your head and make the sound "uhroo?" some times private life means their private life could be social or personal. I will share with one error I find, and Karabinek struggles with is the use of personal pronouns vs a person's name and this is because of the way he normally speaks, and there is nothing wrong with it but in English we use more personal pronouns than names. Another thing that I see in many VN's that are translated from other languages is the awkward placement of subject and verbs. English has the subject first then the verb how ever other languages have the verb first then subject.

for example the phrase "parlez vous anglais?" which translates directly to "Do you speak english" the word parlez is the verb for speak and vous is the word for you. so please understand when we look for translation errors we look mainly for the big ones and some of the smaller ones might escape us :)

D

Deleted member 2864846

I am looking over it and I try to catch all the glaring issues and trust me there are some because of translation errors. but if you have anything specific please feel free to let me know and I'll look for it so we can fix that for everyone. I have been quiet of late because i've been dealing with demons and real life so it's not easy but if I get a private message about anything you think should be looked at again please feel free to do so. I am human and I might miss something, so every so often I do a re-play to try and catch them (what I did with this version) and we found several renders that we are working to correct along with a few things that would make you tilt your head and make the sound "uhroo?" some times private life means their private life could be social or personal. I will share with one error I find, and Karabinek struggles with is the use of personal pronouns vs a person's name and this is because of the way he normally speaks, and there is nothing wrong with it but in English we use more personal pronouns than names. Another thing that I see in many VN's that are translated from other languages is the awkward placement of subject and verbs. English has the subject first then the verb how ever other languages have the verb first then subject.

for example the phrase "parlez vous anglais?" which translates directly to "Do you speak english" the word parlez is the verb for speak and vous is the word for you. so please understand when we look for translation errors we look mainly for the big ones and some of the smaller ones might escape us :)
We don't typically use the phrase "private life" in English unless we're speaking about someone who also has a "public life," such as a politician or celebrity. In the context it was used in the game, it was pretty clear the characters meant "social life."

Also, the infrequent use of contractions is odd. Everyone talks like Data from Star Trek TNG. I did note contractions in some places, but they aren't used nearly as often as they are in actual speech.

Just my feedback as a long-time editor and copy editor. Take it as you will.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018

Most of European languages are Subject Verb object... Even the French you cite here. Yes, in questions they invert order, but normally, it's Je parle anglais (I - subject, parle -verb , anglais - object).

Reactions: Kakato

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Most of European languages are Subject Verb object... Even the French you cite here. Yes, in questions they invert order, but normally, it's Je parle anglais (I - subject, parle -verb , anglais - object).
Indeed. As a French, I can say you are totally right.

Reactions: Thermophob

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
We don't typically use the phrase "private life" in English unless we're speaking about someone who also has a "public life," such as a politician or celebrity. In the context it was used in the game, it was pretty clear the characters meant "social life."

Also, the infrequent use of contractions is odd. Everyone talks like Data from Star Trek TNG. I did note contractions in some places, but they aren't used nearly as often as they are in actual speech.

Just my feedback as a long-time editor and copy editor. Take it as you will.
You don't have to ACT as if I am not an native english speaker, and I've used "private life" before. I'm not saying what you have to say isn't fair but private life can mean several things. You have yet to point out the location you are speaking about so why are you going on about this? I even ASKED you to point it out but you haven't yet. As a person usually if someone asks me where something occured I'll tell them when they specifically ask for it. Anyways till you provide a location I will keep an eye out for it but I can't go directly to it what so ever.

I guess I was taught wrong in my French and latin classes in the 80's

D

Deleted member 2864846

You don't have to ACT as if I am not an native english speaker, and I've used "private life" before. I'm not saying what you have to say isn't fair but private life can mean several things. You have yet to point out the location you are speaking about so why are you going on about this? I even ASKED you to point it out but you haven't yet. As a person usually if someone asks me where something occured I'll tell them when they specifically ask for it. Anyways till you provide a location I will keep an eye out for it but I can't go directly to it what so ever.
Getting defensive and angry isn't an appropriate response to what has been very gentle criticism. I'll do us both a favor and unwatch the thread and uninstall the game. Take care.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I guess I was taught wrong in my French and latin classes in the 80's
So, you were taught that "j'aime le football" is different order than English "I love the football"? In Latin you have the free order, but Classical Latin prefers verb at the end (both Historia magista vitae est, and Historia est magistra vitae is correct, but former is fancy Latin)...

Griswold

May 24, 2019
On October 7 the dev wrote on Patreon:

"So, after long fight Reunion 0.3 is ready. I will pass the build to testers tonight or tomorrow, so we can start the last phase of development. I will do my best to release the game by the end of next week, but it all depends on bugs I will have to fix after testing is over. So be prepared for a small delay."

End of next week was on October 15, today is October 20. Of course I read "be prepared for a small delay", but why do we get no informations?

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Inheritance?
You're joking right?
I don't like short games cause they're too short.
If that's the best you ever played, I suggest playing WMV.
I was not talking about that trash. I was talking about this. Whomever right in the would get boner watching their mom getting mauled by three dudes at the same time?

3.40 star(s) 125 Votes