Forix

Apr 21, 2017
"Abandoned"? I tought it were just on hold?
More than 3 months without news from the author, where her last post never talked about taking a break. So to follow the rules, post had to be marked as abdonned. Plus if I am not mistaken the author was Russian no? If thats the case, with the current sanction I am wondering if they can get the money through Patreon...

Fruzsina

Feb 9, 2018
More than 3 months without news from the author, where her last post never talked about taking a break. So to follow the rules, post had to be marked as abdonned. Plus if I am not mistaken the author was Russian no? If thats the case, with the current sanction I am wondering if they can get the money through Patreon...
Read her Patreon page carefully.

Violet Kitten Love you from over here <3

Last edited:

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
Read her Patreon page carefully.

Violet Kitten Love you from over here <3
I think you should re-read it friend.
Here are some quotes taken from her post 3 months ago. Never does she say she is taking a break, which would make the project on hold. She actually says that she should deliver it soon.

My current plans are to put all of my GL stuff on hold and work exclusively on Revamped Bloodline at least until I can finish this update. Maybe then, I will spend a week "Tops", on finishing my GL content. Revamped Bloodline certainly needs to be my number one priority since so many of you seem to enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it.
This is my goal, hopefully I can have it out sometime soon.
Look, I understand you are interested in seeing more of the that game, but notwithstanding this, the fact that the creator did not write anything on Patreons for 3 months and without saying they were taking a break. Its abandoned until proven otherwise.
For many games that happens! Especially with what is going on in Ukraine/Russia, a lot of creators are impacted by that (for financial reasons and others).

Fruzsina

Feb 9, 2018
If i would to have an accident, and i mention this:
Now I can actually lift up my arm without my rips hurting.
Is concerning that she's not exactly recovered yet, and she just wanted to reassure everyone, that she's okay-ish.

From what you've mention of patreon money...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If i understand it well enough, she gets the money, expect if the bank suspended from the international transactions? Which then still secured, altough, it would still mean you would need to get money from other sources. Which again, expects a little holding up on the project?
To me, it seems like Patreon is willing to support, but that's might be a different story if they can.

Lastly

Just as how you've brought up from her post:
Revamped Bloodline certainly needs to be my number one priority since so many of you seem to enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it.
So the will is there, so personally that abandoned tag feels a little too early. But i could be wrong?

Reactions: damnedfrog

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
If i would to have an accident, and i mention this:

Is concerning that she's not exactly recovered yet, and she just wanted to reassure everyone, that she's okay-ish.
For a broken arm/wrist, 3 months is hell of a long recovery. Usually recovers within a month.

If i understand it well enough, she gets the money, expect if the bank suspended from the international transactions?
Exactly if her institutions if affected by the sanctions, she won't get a single penny.
Patreons still charges members, if they can due to sanctions, but it doesn't mean she gets the money so I guess the money is stuck somewhere and until the war stops and the situations gets resolved, well the money is .... ghost.
And without going deep in that whole conflict, especially since i have some Ukranians friends and colleagues that I lost. This will not be over soon.

So the will is there, so personally that abandoned tag feels a little too early. But i could be wrong?
I'll be direct, yes you are :p Even if you believe she did not abandoned it, the rules states that a creator that didn't give a single update in 3 months will have the thread marked as abandoned until the give out an actually update.

The status OnHold is also possible when the creator clearly stated that they were putting the project on hiatus for X-Y reason (which she did not).

This happens to many games, and this is nothing to be upset or worried about. Some creators did not update their game for over a year or more (like Radiant) but because they post every month the abandoned tag is not post.
Some game (Tyrant for example) have not publicly updated their patreon for over a year, yet modders were in contact with said creator and said he was continuing the project albeit slowly. The project was marked as abandoned due to the 3 months rules.

The rules might not fit what you believe is abandoned but a certain rigidity is needed, as people will always argue none stop if project X is abandoned or not, and lot of people will come with false claims. So the rules is strict and honestly... posting once every 2-3 months should be PRETTY normal and easy for a creator if they are somewhat serious of their project.

We can discuss more about this project over DM as I dont want to clog this thread :)
Have an amazing Thursday!

Fruzsina

Feb 9, 2018
Before I start
since i have some Ukranians friends and colleagues that I lost.
Sorry for your loss.

Exactly if her institutions if affected by the sanctions, she won't get a single penny.
But if i'm not mistaken, patreon wishes to bypass this somehow, or at least find a solution, because Patreon also gain from the creators' successes. Also as Patreon mentions "we are not certain which creators are affected by this" So we can't be sure, however if some creator do get their share, then there must be a little door for the creators even now.

the rules states that a creator that didn't give a single update in 3 months will have the thread marked as abandoned until the give out an actually update.
I can't argue with that if it's in the rule... But what about with games where there's no update on a year, and yet nothing happening?
Personal favorite is this one:
noabandon.jpg
The patreon feels haunted, altough there was a recent post, but it was about his comic, not the game.
The date of where this project got an update of some sort, accroding to patreon Jun 25, 2021 (or Jan 19)
Unless if the status update is about it on "Dancing on Glass / status update" at May 3

Either way 6 year is 6 year

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
Before I start

Sorry for your loss.
Thank you. Appreciated.

But if i'm not mistaken, patreon wishes to bypass this somehow, or at least find a solution, because Patreon also gain from the creators' successes. Also as Patreon mentions "we are not certain which creators are affected by this" So we can't be sure, however if some creator do get their share, then there must be a little door for the creators even now.
I would be upset if they would bypass it. See above.

I can't argue with that if it's in the rule... But what about with games where there's no update on a year, and yet nothing happening?
I gave you an example of that with Radiant :p The rules is whenever there is a Patreon posts every 3 months. Doesnt mean there has to be an update. Although I wish we had a tag for project with SlowProgress, but then again this would be super debatable.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
Just in case you don't know they broke ribs and those take about 2 months, more if it was a bad break.
Doesn't need to be a bad break if you get a shit diagnosis. I broke a tiny bone in my wrist called the scaphoid bone and didn't know about it until I got a scan done as the X-ray didn't pick it up. I was out of action for a whole year as I needed 3 lots of surgery to fix it including pins put in my wrist. The original injury was aggravated by physiotherapy that I didn't actually need. I was minus a hand effectively for a whole year.

May 20, 2021
you know what sucks i played this when it came out i liked what i had to offer and now its abandon , why people hate what they create

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
you know what sucks i played this when it came out i liked what i had to offer and now its abandon , why people hate what they create
Sometimes, they don't hate what they have created, but just get stroke in an accident and need time for recovering...

Violet Kitten was hit by a motorcycle on March. She was injured on her right wrist and ankle, and had 2 broken ribs.
She just have add some news at the end on her March's post explaining what had happened to her. She's back, but can only type with one hand. So it wll take some time for her to finish the next update.

• Sad
Reactions: Kevin Smarts
2.70 star(s) 30 Votes