4.10 star(s) 58 Votes

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
It is? How so? Tried to pirate Corgi Engine for unity once, but it was impossible to find the newest version. If you have any "How to" directions, that'd be awesome. Baby needs a new toy!
I'm not really familiar with unity piracy tbh, but I would assume russian pirate sites, since a lot of asset flips on steam seem to be from Russia and eastern Europe. If you want the newest version of an asset your best bet is to just buy it.

azertyfake

Oct 2, 2019
If clicking "continue from last patch" on the main screen makes you restart the game from the beginning, I think this issome people's issue idk if I'm understanding it right.

But if that's happening you need to delete the renpy appdata for this game (the persistent save data too). Google "renpy appdata" this worked for me.
That is not a "renpy appdata" but a "unity appdata". I deleted it but doing no shit. It also would be nice to have a more informative changelog with quest names rather than X animations, X blablabla. Because I don't even know from which patch are the quests.
Anyway I am giving up this game.

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
same problem here.... god i wish we could skip, i hate unity engine

No installation needed. Just open the exe file, choose a speed of clicks, choose a toggle button, and you'll be ready in less than 2 minutes.

It also works great for cookie clicker.

Also I hate the lack of skipping as well. If the animation and writing wasn't this good, I'd have dropped the game long ago because the fucking User interface is dog shit.

1) There should be multiple saves.
2) "Continue from last patch" shouldn't erase your ONLY save
3) There should be a way to skip scenes
4) There should be a way to reverse dialogue
5) The game seems buggy as hell.
- Why do I still have the option to talk to Rick and restart the "A new hope" quest with fascist Beth?
- Why is there no BACK option in Summer's section of Mind Blowers?
- Why does nothing happen when I click the purple potion even though I've downloaded FOUR DIFFERENT VERSIONS of patch 2.8f?

And before someone tells me I should be more greatful for free content, I am greatful. But that doesn't excuse so many glaring oversights. And I'm surprised the people that are paying don't bring this up.

If the game dev said "We/I'm taking a month to add quality of life changes and bugfixes to the game" I don't see many people having a problem with that.

noscruples

Dec 18, 2019
yo im a noob to all this shit, can someone explain how patches and downloading these megas work to me? My version is old as shit im pretty sure and wouldnt mind getting an updated version. Would appreciate some guidance from the fap kings on this forum
Most games (like this one) you essentially have to download the entire game every time there's an update. Some of the bigger games like Being a DIK (super recommended) will let you download just the update and copy that into the folder you extracted the main game into.

Mega is the quickest free download option but has a limit unless you pay. Gonna need something to unzip (7zip or winrar) the files as most games on this site are in .rar format.

Greyham69

Jul 14, 2020
potion doesnt work, any fix ?
Same happened to me, only way I could get it to work was by restarting my game and continuing from last patch. Found the second potion has to be drunk straight after first is complete for that to work too, can't do another quest and come back or it breaks. Hope that helps

djross2

Jun 26, 2020
Do we know why the dev decided to use Unity engine instead of Renpy where the skip function is more common for most games? I don't even know if there are any games using Unity engine that have a Renpy esc skip feature. Not hating on this game, its great and all but a skip function would go a long ways to make this game better.

Reactions: MrLaugh
Oct 7, 2019
Most games (like this one) you essentially have to download the entire game every time there's an update. Some of the bigger games like Being a DIK (super recommended) will let you download just the update and copy that into the folder you extracted the main game into.

Mega is the quickest free download option but has a limit unless you pay. Gonna need something to unzip (7zip or winrar) the files as most games on this site are in .rar format.
You can get around Mega's limit if you use a VPN. Just change location after you hit the cap.

Reactions: noscruples

LoudLord

Feb 3, 2018
How do I get the new Beth scene and the Summer and Morticia scene?
I did the Summer and Tricia routes for this patch but nothing else is in the quest log.

Robert rivers

Feb 6, 2018
is there an updated guide for this game? I always have a lot of problems playing it, scenes not available, or impossible to activate, this game is amazing, but the coding is meh

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
same problem here.... god i wish we could skip, i hate unity engine
It could've been any other engine. The fault is with the dev for skipping on implementing a robust system like you have on Summertime Saga, with repeatable scenes, the consistent saves from the Ren'Py engine, a proper quest list telling you exactly what to do.
I keep clicking the potion and it's not working. Anyone know what's up?
If you click Continue From Patch, for me I had to go through the Beth "Winning the Contest!" quest, then after that talk to her at night to get the "Jerry's back home" quest which is the last of 2.7f, then the next day you can go to the Garage and click on the purple bottle to start this new 2.8f quest with Beth. Clicking on the bottle a second time gets the Summer + Morticia quest. Edit: tagging LoudLord because he asked the same a few posts above.

My impressions of 2.8f:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

stcx

Nov 12, 2017
Also I hate the lack of skipping as well. If the animation and writing wasn't this good, I'd have dropped the game long ago because the fucking User interface is dog shit.

- Why do I still have the option to talk to Rick and restart the "A new hope" quest with fascist Beth?
- Why does nothing happen when I click the purple potion even though I've downloaded FOUR DIFFERENT VERSIONS of patch 2.8f?

And before someone tells me I should be more greatful for free content, I am greatful. But that doesn't excuse so many glaring oversights. And I'm surprised the people that are paying don't bring this up.

If the game dev said "We/I'm taking a month to add quality of life changes and bugfixes to the game" I don't see many people having a problem with that.
Totally agree. The UI, lack of save management and buggy quests are the reason I stopped playing the game. I'll wait for the last version which is hopefully a stable one, or a good Ren'Py port.

Robert rivers

Feb 6, 2018
What I believe everyone thinks abour your comment

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
-Fix it
-Add it
-Fix it

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
It could've been any other engine. The fault is with the dev for skipping on implementing a robust system like you have on Summertime Saga, with repeatable scenes, the consistent saves from the Ren'Py engine, a proper quest list telling you exactly what to do.

If you click Continue From Patch, for me I had to go through the Beth "Winning the Contest!" quest, then after that talk to her at night to get the "Jerry's back home" quest which is the last of 2.7f, then the next day you can go to the Garage and click on the purple bottle to start this new 2.8f quest with Beth. Clicking on the bottle a second time gets the Summer + Morticia quest.

My impressions of 2.8f:

1) HOLY FUCK YOU'RE A GODSEND! IT WORKED!

2)

Last edited:
Reactions: drud and dokodesuka
4.10 star(s) 58 Votes