4.10 star(s) 58 Votes

Bonsey

Jul 15, 2018
Jesus saves !!!

Allegedly.

Game don't have no damn saves. Play from last patch if you're up-to-date.
There is a save of a sort. Up in the top right corner there are two floppy disc icons one says "save", the other says "load". If you tap save, it saves the progress up to that point. When you re-start the game tap or click "Continue", it will load the game in the morning in the living room. IMO that system could be way better.

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
There is a save of a sort. Up in the top right corner there are two floppy disc icons one says "save", the other says "load". If you tap save, it saves the progress up to that point. When you re-start the game tap or click "Continue", it will load the game in the morning in the living room. IMO that system could be way better.
That is kinda useless really ... I don't count it as a save, and I don't think there is a way for people to share it. The renpy version allows as many saves as we want, that CAN be shared. Ferdafs created a good game/VN, but he chose the wrong engine to build it on, IMO.

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
Well it can be shared, at least on windows - if someone would be brave enough to import a reg.dump :rolleyes:

But it is is beyond useless, as it doesn't unlock anything, quite the opposite really.

NM has shown earlier in this thread how to manipulate the registry to navigate freely.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
While not exactly a save file, and a bit more complex to get up and running, there is one more tool I use to help navigate in the Unity version (and other Unity games) to quickly get to scenes (as well as do some other things). That tool is UnityExplorer (here is the github link for it: )

This requires the use of an injector (BepInEx is the one I prefer) and while the instructions on the site aren't great for anyone who has never used BepInEx or tools like it before, it's fairly straightforward to install and use (look below if you're interested).

Among many other things, it has the ability to select a game scene, and jump directly to it, allowing out of order replay of most* of the content. Press F7 if the top menu isn't visible. Click Object Explorer to open the panel. And at the bottom is the Scene loader. It has a filter so you can narrow down the scenes, or you can scroll through all of them and find what you want.

Here is an example (I circled in red where the scene loader is and put in "beth" as a filter example).
explorer_example.png

If you want to use it (with windows), here is the quick and dirty "guide".
  • Download BepInEx.
  • Download UnityExplorer.
  • Unzip the contents of the BepInEx zip file into the top level of the game folder (where the exe is).
    • The zip should have 1 folder (BepInEx) and several files.
  • Run the game once for BepInEx to do it's setup steps (usually just loading the game is enough)
  • Under the BepInEx folder, new folders should have appeared, if you only see "core" something didn't work.
  • Go to the plugins Folder and unzip the contents of UnityExplorer. I like to put it into a folder with the same name (and version) for better organization, but the files can also just go directly under the plugin folder if you're lazy
  • Run the game, press F7 if the menu isn't there
  • Enjoy?

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Ya the save system is pretty worthless.

That's why everyone just uses 'continue from last patch' or plays NightMirror's port.

Reactions: kenta16807

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
Judging by the amount of helicopters I own, it's no joke.....

F's logo looks female to me...but that's equally sexist in todays world...

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I had in mind that (he, she,it) posted last reply or update on game progress over one month ago
Ferdafs isn't the best communicator, and tends to average an info post once a month~ish (and doesn't post here (which is fine, but important to note)). To be fair, this is the norm with most devs, the majority don't tend give updates that often, and estimating work or sharing about it is a tricky task to get right. Overpromise and under deliver does just as much harm (if not more) than staying silent.

Would it be nice if we got more frequent communication, of course. That is usually the main reason I end up unsubing from devs, there is a major lack of "dev" on their page and just product. But, at the end of the day, while knowing when something is coming, or the state it's in, would be great to know, it doesn't make it ready any faster. Release is still most likely end of Sept or some point in Oct.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes