4.10 star(s) 58 Votes

pussymellow

Oct 18, 2019
IT WAS???
he had surgery on his hand depending on what hand and what kind of surgery it can take up to a year for you to recover from
Screenshot 2023-03-13 214205.png

yea he had surgery but he knows that as well and still comes up with those kind of timelines.
i dont mind him missing a release goal its just that he is late and once again no update on the situation or how much longer.
all he would have to do is saying he underestimated how hindering the injury is and he needs another 2 or 3 or 4 weeks or whatever.
but its nothing as always...

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
Well, he usually checks in with a short message the first days of a month (to keep phatreon going ?)

Total silence for 2 months, maybe its time to stop cursing and start praying :devilish:

Content a few times a year is better than no content...

Jeancul

Mar 17, 2017
Seriously, guys, has anyone actually seen the last seasons of Rick and Morty? It seems more and more that on certain episodes it is no longer our dear Ferdafs who adapts the content but that it is downright the creators of the show who come to be inspired by the game! I'm not joking for those who follow this incredible series! In each season, even though it made no sense, there are episodes completely dedicated to the taboo subject. We agree, it never happened with the simpsons for example, yet here by a coincidence it is in the show!. From memory at least 4 episodes which integrates this fact and seems to follow this fetishism closely, because beyond speaking, there is only this one which is really evoked. Could it be that our dear Ferdafs is seen by the creators of the show and inspires them! Frankly at this point I ask myself the question?! In any case, I take my hat off to Ferdafs who knew how to adapt the humor and his game proposal very well to the universe of the series. A real work in the shadows with its own creativity which is measured against the original. Thanks to him for all his work, which basically I hope is perhaps appreciated by the very creators of the cartoon! And it's cool to separate the two, but so much echo here on both sides at the moment. I love seeing the show for all it brings as such. But when you go to the taboo, it's also cool that strangely it follows as if by chance the proposal of what we have in the game here!

In any case, all the best to the game, to the series, and to the rest of what we will discover there!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight

Renrut

Mar 6, 2020
Seriously, guys, has anyone actually seen the last seasons of Rick and Morty? It seems more and more that on certain episodes it is no longer our dear Ferdafs who adapts the content but that it is downright the creators of the show who come to be inspired by the game! I'm not joking for those who follow this incredible series! In each season, even though it made no sense, there are episodes completely dedicated to the taboo subject. We agree, it never happened with the simpsons for example, yet here by a coincidence it is in the show!. From memory at least 4 episodes which integrates this fact and seems to follow this fetishism closely, because beyond speaking, there is only this one which is really evoked. Could it be that our dear Ferdafs is seen by the creators of the show and inspires them! Frankly at this point I ask myself the question?! In any case, I take my hat off to Ferdafs who knew how to adapt the humor and his game proposal very well to the universe of the series. A real work in the shadows with its own creativity which is measured against the original. Thanks to him for all his work, which basically I hope is perhaps appreciated by the very creators of the cartoon! And it's cool to separate the two, but so much echo here on both sides at the moment. I love seeing the show for all it brings as such. But when you go to the taboo, it's also cool that strangely it follows as if by chance the proposal of what we have in the game here!

In any case, all the best to the game, to the series, and to the rest of what we will discover there!
I was reading that Justin was dragging Riley Reid to the studio near his lowest. So now that he's gone will AWBH change?

Renrut

Mar 6, 2020
Why would it ?
Ferdafs not even on the same continent...

Doubt it unless they're friends, Riley has been married for over a year and has a newborn to look after.

She's a clever girl, nothing wrong with her.
Wasn't much of a story. I assumed it was for shock value.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
On top of that, Live2D itself it a subscription application, paid monthly (and those can go fuck themselves).
Actually, that's slightly less of an issue now, but only if you can get your hands on a .edu email account... or at least still have a valid student ID:

But still not a non-issue until at least the patent runs (assuming the method/algorithm is even patentable, because if it's only copyright that is both simplifies and complicates reproduction; but copyrighting something is waaaay easier than prosecuting a patent, at least in USA. Dunno about Japan though...).

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Actually, that's slightly less of an issue now, but only if you can get your hands on a .edu email account... or at least still have a valid student ID:

But still not a non-issue until at least the patent runs (assuming the method/algorithm is even patentable, because if it's only copyright that is both simplifies and complicates reproduction; but copyrighting something is waaaay easier than prosecuting a patent, at least in USA. Dunno about Japan though...).
It is still subscribe software (I wouldn't own it), and software I'd have to buy for a game I'm making for free, and I'd then have to learn and use it (not an artist, and not good at animation either), on top of the issues using it with Mac/Android.

So while it'd be nice to have, the hassle to get it just doesn't feel worth it.

Reactions: Devilrv

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
So while it'd be nice to have, the hassle to get it just doesn't feel worth it.
Oh, I still agree. Plus, besides only being a three year deal, educational licensing usually contains plenty of fine print, moreso than the commercial license equivalent; usually most the fine print just states that if license is used for commercial instead of educational reasons as an end run-around, the company retains the right to sue for the difference and basically automatically win in a favorable forum, or otherwise force the licensor to buy a commercial license if they don't want to get sued into the ground for fraud. Not that the company normally would care until enough money is made to draw their attention anyways... Since what is being done here technically isn't for commercial purposes, it would probably skirt the usual extra educational fine print, although Patreon is definitely kind of a grey area.

For you, yeah, only worth it if you feel it's worth it. Don't want to deal with it? Then don't. What's more interesting is if anyone is working on some sort of open-source equivalent (for which I have done no research and don't really care, but not impossible. Maybe improbable?).

Reactions: Night Mirror

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
What's more interesting is if anyone is working on some sort of open-source equivalent (for which I have done no research and don't really care, but not impossible. Maybe improbable?).
I've implemented 2D skeletal and morph-target (AKA blendshape) mesh animations in some other engine, with the specific goal of having animated puppet characters in the likes of Live2D / Spine / DragonBones. It requires an intermediate level in graphics programming + the time investment -- that might be the improbable part, regarding adult games.

Edit: for clarity, if you're using Godot or Unity then extra programming might not even be necessary, as you can make a "flat" 2D-like animated mesh in Blender, and import that as an FBX file.

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
slowpersun Some engine other than Ren'Py, though it doesn't really matter which you're going to use (could be WebGL on the browser) -- if you have direct or indirect access to the vertex buffers of your mesh so you can update the position attribute of your vertices, then you can update the mesh on each frame (the number of points and triangles stays the same, the points just move a bit each frame, they move by the combined deformation of bones + blendshapes).
This process is called by some as 'skinning' and you can read more in here:

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
if you have direct or indirect access to the vertex buffers of your mesh so you can update the position attribute of your vertices, then you can update the mesh on each frame (the number of points and triangles stays the same, the points just move a bit each frame, they move by the combined deformation of bones + blendshapes).
Ah, yes, the joys of mathematical warping. Wait until you have to turn a cube into a sphere!

Reactions: dokodesuka

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
anyone know how to get this game running linux mint? i downloaded it but dont know how to play game...
It's been a while since I ran this on Linux...and my memory is not good...

I think I had to make the *.so file executable, maybe there was a script *.sh also ?

Hope someone with a clue will post a better answer ;)

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes