4.10 star(s) 58 Votes

Theblueking

Jul 24, 2020
Great game , but why has so much changed ? I played on like 3.6 and the story is no longer linear I like the concept of the infinite bank card , character age and relationships why was that taken out ?

porque9

Feb 25, 2023
I never though i would have to come here, but i'm desperate. its 3 am from the third day since this occured i though i could handled it by myself, but this is too much i just need to ask for help!

Is anyone of you familiar with the beth and morticia soft lock from the third confident potion quest? after morty gets like an alter ego from that confident potion and then morticia and beth try to turn him back to normal by making him drink this other potion, the soft lock occurs on what i guess its near the end of the quest after morty mentions that his arms are tired and needs beth to "finish him off" by riding the thing in his lower abdomen everything i could ever find was this guy who also mention the same problem 4 moths ago, all he had in his replies was a deleted message so that didn't led anywhere also if i try to press "continue from last patch" in the menu along with other "new" quest i have not get to yet the quest i assume right after they succed in making morty's other personality drink the potion where this other morty is with some hobos or something, i still dont understand what that is all about. if anyone here knows anything about this any help would be appreciate it, even a video of whats suppose to happend in this specific quest.
1677484529290.png

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Jeancul

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I never though i would have to come here, but i'm desperate. its 3 am from the third day since this occured i though i could handled it by myself, but this is too much i just need to ask for help!

Is anyone of you familiar with the beth and morticia soft lock from the third confident potion quest? after morty gets like an alter ego from that confident potion and then morticia and beth try to turn him back to normal by making him drink this other potion, the soft lock occurs on what i guess its near the end of the quest after morty mentions that his arms are tired and needs beth to "finish him off" by riding the thing in his lower abdomen everything i could ever find was this guy who also mention the same problem 4 moths ago, all he had in his replies was a deleted message so that didn't led anywhere also if i try to press "continue from last patch" in the menu along with other "new" quest i have not get to yet the quest i assume right after they succed in making morty's other personality drink the potion where this other morty is with some hobos or something, i still dont understand what that is all about. if anyone here knows anything about this any help would be appreciate it, even a video of whats suppose to happend in this specific quest.
View attachment 2422844
The issue seems to be a bad instruction in the game files (specifically an image call in the storyboard running the scene). Unfortunately, Ferdafs will have to be the one to fix it.

If you don't mind things getting messed around with, you can always give the Renpy game a try instead. While it's not perfect (or exactly the same), this scene does work all the way through.

If you want to keep at the Unity game, there are a few options for progression (sort of). You can use the 4th dimension to set quest progress (found from taking the car into space). You can open up regedit and change the quest progress for characters in the save file (complex and messy, but doable (here is my old list of all the scenes in the game)). You could use BepInEx and AssetExplorer to put in sort of a cheat menu that lets you jump to any scene in the game. You could do a "continue from last patch", then watch scenes via mindblowers (I'm pretty sure the scene you are having issues with still freezes in mindblower mode).

porque9

Feb 25, 2023
The issue seems to be a bad instruction in the game files (specifically an image call in the storyboard running the scene). Unfortunately, Ferdafs will have to be the one to fix it.

If you don't mind things getting messed around with, you can always give the Renpy game a try instead. While it's not perfect (or exactly the same), this scene does work all the way through.

If you want to keep at the Unity game, there are a few options for progression (sort of). You can use the 4th dimension to set quest progress (found from taking the car into space). You can open up regedit and change the quest progress for characters in the save file (complex and messy, but doable (here is my old list of all the scenes in the game)). You could use BepInEx and AssetExplorer to put in sort of a cheat menu that lets you jump to any scene in the game. You could do a "continue from last patch", then watch scenes via mindblowers (I'm pretty sure the scene you are having issues with still freezes in mindblower mode).
Oh night mirror you kind soul, my gratitude will forever be with thee. I had the feeling you would be the one to answer my cry for help as is not the first time i've seen the monochrome initials stretch a helping hand o others in my ardous quest for a solution, thank you for offering me the enlightenment necesary to solve my dilemma despite that the one true fix still soly depends on ferdafs actions i hope they are even a fraction as kind as you.

I've ended up just continuing from last patch and seting the quest progress moments before the incident happend, except of course for the confident potion quest that had has caused me so much trouble that moment will be skipped entirely because as you said the cutscene still does not work even in the mindblowers, despite all of that i'm still very thankfull of what you've done tonight, it takes some serious dedication to be that helping hand in a place as unexpected as this and even more to do it without looking from anything in return... well... a little bit of promotion never hurted anyone so my point still stands.

To demostrate my gratitude i will give your ren'py version a second try, as it was the first thing i did after the incident but i quickly turn it off after a while, no ill will against your creation but is only that i missed the sense of "choise" the original version gave me, and i'm sure you've heard this before (so sure infact that i would have never made this coment if i didn't saw it being discussed at sep 17 2022 at page 230 of thread (an ardous quest for answers ineed)) but i would really don't mind my false sense of choise being ripped away from me, the map vs VN thing isn't my biggest issue (well it isn't an issue for me at all the reason being, i can just skip to the parts i want, honestly i just though it would be funny that i ""remembered"" such intricate details from that search that lasted like 3 hours) my biggest issue is the fact that there is no animations from the characters while talking to each other, yes its nice that they now gained the ability to put their hands in their hips but for me is soo much better if they just "moved", i didn't noticed how much did that akward little idle animation every character had, gave the game this lively feeling. now i don't now what are the limitations of ren'py, i don't know if its even possible to make everyone have an idle animation, so instead of saying something that has probably been said before i'll instead aplaude to the other awesome things you did with your version of this game, so many quality of life changes you did its just outstanding to think someone would do it, great work!!

oh and umm did you... did you change your mortys name to your own? i wouldn't do it in fact i didn't do it but still, for no reason in particular i would like to know if someone else did do it, so yeah thats about it.

thanks again king.
typing.gif

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
my biggest issue is the fact that there is no animations from the characters while talking to each other, yes its nice that they now gained the ability to put their hands in their hips but for me is soo much better if they just "moved", i didn't noticed how much did that akward little idle animation every character had, gave the game this lively feeling. now i don't now what are the limitations of ren'py, i don't know if its even possible to make everyone have an idle animation
The primary reason that characters don't move in their idle animations (for the Renpy game) is effort vs return. When I was re-building the game in Renpy, it was already a major task to complete, and I had to choose which parts of the game I though were worth spending my limited design time on.

Things like the sex animations were top priority, because in my opinion, they were critical to what makes this game what it is. But, while the idle animations are neat, they (for me at least (and all I had was my own perspective while I was building it)) were less important to what made the game enjoyable for me.

Getting the characters in at all is hours of work to build and program the model, add on top of that, that every individual part then needs animation. The end result was either I could spend time making subtle movements for idle characters, or I could spend that time adding extra parts and poses. I picked the second option, as the game often implies other outfits or poses, then doesn't show them in the idles, which annoyed me more.

While I do think idle animations would enhance the game (see the absurd time I've spent just adding blinks to the game), it is unfortunately far down my list of priorities. Unless I figure out a simple/fast way to put idle animations into the game, they aren't something that is likely to be added soon.

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
Getting the characters in at all is hours of work to build and program the model, add on top of that, that every individual part then needs animation.
Does Ren'Py support that kind of live cut-out animation like in Unity?
I think I saw some old Live2D experimental demo, but it was really slow.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Does Ren'Py support that kind of live cut-out animation like in Unity?
I think I saw some old Live2D experimental demo, but it was really slow.
It has been a while since I looked at the Live2D support for Renpy, but when I last read the documentation, there were some big issues with using it.

The primary problem was that Renpy+Live2D wasn't supported at all for Android, and Mac users would have to download a special library file. On top of that, Live2D itself it a subscription application, paid monthly (and those can go fuck themselves). Lastly, the Unity files and Renpy files for Live2D are not compatible, so I'd still have to remake any animations from scratch, more of less a similar~ish amount of work to doing it in ATL in Renpy.

Reactions: dokodesuka
4.10 star(s) 58 Votes