4.10 star(s) 58 Votes

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Why won't they combine forces officially?
Will you ever team up with Ferdafs?
Short answer, no. Longer answer also probably no. As strange as this may sound, the two games are not really compatible. This is mainly down to two major things. First is the wandering mechanic used in the original game. I'm... not a fan, to be as nice as I can about it, and I think this style inherently hurts the game instead of helping it, so I'm 100% unwilling to reverse course and add it in. Second, is that I have leaned heavily into some themes (incest) that pateron frowns on. And again, I'm unwilling to censor my work.

On top of all that, I'm doing this project for fun, and free. Getting paid for it changing both the expectations and my enjoyment.

Plus, I'm not sure how much people would get out of something like this, it would be a very different dynamic working under someone as opposed to the level of control and communication I current have.
Honestly, I'm not sure what people would expect out of this? Me switching to Unity to fix bugs (haha, no fucking way)? Him switching to Renpy (haha, no fucking way)? A single game? Well... I mean, just pick one and play that, either version. If you are DLing it from this site, it's not like it impacts either game.

jvbatman

Feb 16, 2024
Honestly, I'm not sure what people would expect out of this? Me switching to Unity to fix bugs (haha, no fucking way)? Him switching to Renpy (haha, no fucking way)? A single game? Well... I mean, just pick one and play that, either version. If you are DLing it from this site, it's not like it impacts either game.
They just want to see you two kiss.

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
Honelsty if the creator wanted to do Vindicators stuff, why they wouldn't just foucus on Supernova who we know is amoral and a cheater is beyond me. I'm not saying it was a bad choice just a strange one to introduce them, but do notihng with supernova.

As well, WHY the vindicators? The vindicators were a botched idea that the creators themsleves even admitted failed by their standards cause the same episode we met them, they were just used as and treated like jokes as a way to showcase how much better than superheroes Rick was.

It wasn't until their spin off mini series that they acutally got any substance. And even then it was mostly just about again. Supernova and how toxic she was to the entire group. So not only are they a weird, out there choice over more obvious ones like say. Tricia or Nancy. Or heck even doing something with that one anime girl Kendra from the voltron episode. Who was named for no reason. That offered to work with Morty.

We got..the vindicators and not even supernova? Why? It's such an odd choice and kinda clumy and clunky set up. That feels like this should of been at the start of the game or something. I'd of even taken more with the female Rick over this.

Bionic Pun

Mar 26, 2021
So guessing this update isn't very worthwhile or worth the time to read and watch?
I didn't see any new sex scenes. If you like the female vindicators and are into the idea of Morty getting with them and there being a new Vindicators 'path' then you're in luck. (see my spoilered review on page 354 for more) people have made the argument that we are too clogged with too many pathways that are insufficiently elaborated upon with follow up content (they are right) but I am ok with this new path so long as it is accompanied by a new burst of creativity along several different pathways in the near future. I'd love to see them go back to Tricias house (and her mom) more Keara, more Gazorpazorp and especially more Beth.
That being said you can download it now or wait til another update its no big loss either way. Just be sure to note what new content this update has so that you can read it at the next update.

Reactions: Nadder

2LAOD

Oct 19, 2018
They just want to see you two kiss.
Fusion
POWER

But for real- if only NightMirror's renpy skills and ingenuity was combined with ferdafs art+animation skills at a 1 o 1 ratio.
You guys could take over f95zone better than summertime saga.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nadder and Ntrsugar

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
three new scenes? I saw only the intro to the Vindicators through the Garage talk with Rick and the Vindicators Location in space. What else is there?
A scene with Lady Katana and two with whatever the snake chick who wasn't even in the show is named... you know, the ones who died in Vindicators 2. They only activate after a 24 hour cycle, so you literally have to go back each day to trigger it. Still, it takes less time than figuring out how to GET BACK TO THE SHIP!

This update really just illustrates how Night Mirror's critique of the wandering mechanic is entirely valid (or I'm just biased, since I also hate dislike it).

• Love
Reactions: Bionic Pun

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
A scene with Lady Katana and two with whatever the snake chick who wasn't even in the show is named... you know, the ones who died in Vindicators 2. They only activate after a 24 hour cycle, so you literally have to go back each day to trigger it. Still, it takes less time than figuring out how to GET BACK TO THE SHIP!

This update really just illustrates how Night Mirror's critique of the wandering mechanic is entirely valid (or I'm just biased, since I also hate dislike it).
night mirrors version might take a bit longer since hes making the ending of the game alongside the release

Reactions: thelastkingdom36

Bionic Pun

Mar 26, 2021

Thanks a lot for pointing those out. The helps appreciated.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
My game randomly reset my save hours and hours into the game... is there anyway to back up saves??
Sadly, not really. The save file is stored in the windows registry. Technically, you can edit the fields there to get back to your game state, but it's not always clear what values are needed for what game state.

The game does have a built in system to set progress, the Fourth Dimension, found via the Map button > Front Yard > Space. But people have had mixed results with that approach as well. Also keep in mind that some scenes are broken, and you will not be able to progress the whole game without some sort of cheat to get around the broken scenes.

If you just want scenes, Continue from last patch will let you access (most) of them from the Mindblower menu (scroll all the way down on navigation). Or you could use something Unity Explorer (a BepInEx mod (that's what I do)) to jump directly to scenes. Be warned that Continue from last patch does erase your save file, even if you don't actually save.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes