abc123321cba

Nov 19, 2017
Great man, I didn't mean to pressure you, I just got a bit of free time to check the updates and I wrote what's on my mind (although the half-past-midnight hour should make me consider if I should post it (but then again, eh, fuck it (I'm picking up your habit of multilayer side-thoughts, as you can see!))), as you seem to enjoy the community input.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
as you seem to enjoy the community input.
I absolutely do!

I didn't mean to pressure you
AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! SO MUCH PRESSURE! I'M CUM- wait, that's supposed to go in the game, not the thread... Ignore that, where the heck is the delete key?! Eh, whatever, I'm sure no one will ever read this...

although the half-past-midnight hour should make me consider if I should post it
Those are some of my best (and worst) posts! When my brain is completely burned out and I can barely words make.

your habit of multilayer side-thoughts
What?! I have no idea what you're talking about (or do I? (yes, yes I do (...or do I?!)))

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.4 Progress Report #13 - Dec 12 @ 03:30 UTC (Task List)
Two scenes QC'd, two more to go. Slowly inching towards the finish line! I'm still pretty sure I can get them all fully cum-pleted tonight, and then do the final steps for publication tomorrow. Again, yes, I realize that in UTC time, that will most likely be the 13th for some people, but it will still be the 12th for me, and I can barely keep my own time zone straight, so...

You might be wondering where all the status posts for today have been (sine I've been flooding this thread with them over the past couple days). The answer is, I simply didn't have much to share. It feels like a much bigger moment to post about: "Yeah, I put all the art, and code, and dialog in, and the scene is playable!" vs "Hey, I played that scene I put in."

Now, you might be wondering, holy shit, only two scenes down the whole day?! How long have you been working at this?! And that answer is: around a lot of hours. Now, not all that time was spent reading lines and thinking, yep, I spelled most of that correct. I had to make adjustments and correction and things like that. Also, more art.

And that brings us into content spoilers, so if you want to be surprised by the stuff I'm adding in the patch stop here (yes, right here (why are you still reading? (I warned you...)))
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tachomanxt

Apr 14, 2021
The only one I am publishing here, yes.

Depends on the game, but I'm possibly open to other challenges.
Manila Shaw Blackmail Obsession is an RPGM game that was being converted to Renpy but the dev in charge left due to very personal circumstances and has been abanoned ever since. Fun game in Renpy but quite grindy and difficult in RPGM.

Thought you migt be able to pick it up if you have the time and take a liking to the game.

Also, love your R&M Renpy convert!

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
r3.4 Progress Report #13 - Dec 12 @ 03:30 UTC (Task List)
Two scenes QC'd, two more to go. Slowly inching towards the finish line! I'm still pretty sure I can get them all fully cum-pleted tonight, and then do the final steps for publication tomorrow. Again, yes, I realize that in UTC time, that will most likely be the 13th for some people, but it will still be the 12th for me, and I can barely keep my own time zone straight, so...

You might be wondering where all the status posts for today have been (sine I've been flooding this thread with them over the past couple days). The answer is, I simply didn't have much to share. It feels like a much bigger moment to post about: "Yeah, I put all the art, and code, and dialog in, and the scene is playable!" vs "Hey, I played that scene I put in."

Now, you might be wondering, holy shit, only two scenes down the whole day?! How long have you been working at this?! And that answer is: around a lot of hours. Now, not all that time was spent reading lines and thinking, yep, I spelled most of that correct. I had to make adjustments and correction and things like that. Also, more art.

And that brings us into content spoilers, so if you want to be surprised by the stuff I'm adding in the patch stop here (yes, right here (why are you still reading? (I warned you...)))
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just take all the time you need even if you pass the deadline a few days, your work are high quality so people will understand and be patience. Overall love all the new scenes, you have done a very great work as always

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Manila Shaw Blackmail Obsession is an RPGM game that was being converted to Renpy but the dev in charge left due to very personal circumstances and has been abanoned ever since. Fun game in Renpy but quite grindy and difficult in RPGM.

Thought you migt be able to pick it up if you have the time and take a liking to the game.

Also, love your R&M Renpy convert!
I've played it. Both as RPGM (though, as you said, its grindy, so I didn't get far) and as the Renpy convert, which I thought was fairly well done. I don't have any experience working with the RPGM engine, so that would be some big ramp-up time to figure that out, and get all the tools and such.

The answer is most likely no. I have too much other stuff on my plate (outside of the R&M game) to take on a new project I'm not very passionate for (and would be doing for free).

Still, thanks for the suggestion.

I think Something Unlimited could be a nice challenge to convert from Unity to Ren py
A couple people have asked me to take a crack at that game, and the answer is similar to the response above. It's not a game I'm excited to work on. It was WAY too grindy for me to get any depth into, so, while it might have a great something (again, I don't know what cuze I didnt' get far)), that is literally thousands of hours for a project I was just meh on to begin with.

---

As free projects... No. As paid projects though, I would probably give them more consideration. But, uhhh, I doubt anyone wants to pay my hourly programming rate for a conversion.

Tachomanxt

Apr 14, 2021
I've played it. Both as RPGM (though, as you said, its grindy, so I didn't get far) and as the Renpy convert, which I thought was fairly well done. I don't have any experience working with the RPGM engine, so that would be some big ramp-up time to figure that out, and get all the tools and such.

The answer is most likely no. I have too much other stuff on my plate (outside of the R&M game) to take on a new project I'm not very passionate for (and would be doing for free).

Still, thanks for the suggestion.

A couple people have asked me to take a crack at that game, and the answer is similar to the response above. It's not a game I'm excited to work on. It was WAY too grindy for me to get any depth into, so, while it might have a great something (again, I don't know what cuze I didnt' get far)), that is literally thousands of hours for a project I was just meh on to begin with.

---

As free projects... No. As paid projects though, I would probably give them more consideration. But, uhhh, I doubt anyone wants to pay my hourly programming rate for a conversion.
Thanks for the answer and do keep the good work!

Hush009

May 7, 2020
The Devil's a great character to interact with.

• Morty: "Is this tool you're giving me some kind of trick? Like, is it going to make me go on some weird journey that'll make me come to terms with the fact that I've had sex with my sister? And my mother? Oh--and my genderbent alternate universe self that I think of as my twin sister?"
• The Devil: "No. What kind of Silent Hill shit is that? It's just a--wait, have you had sex with your entire family?!"
• Morty: "*Shrug* Not my dad."
• The Devil: "My boy, I hope you die very soon. Your lascivious soul would do wonders in Hell."

DoctorBooooom

Sep 8, 2017
The opposite Summer with be in each scene, so if Summer Classic comes to movie night, Summer Wild will be up in bed, and viscera.
Why did you decide to do this? Is it possible to choose one Summer in both scenes? Maybe it's worth adding menu items to see the same Summer is in both scenes? It's just a couple of new variables in the checks. I can help you do this, if you need :)

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Why did you decide to do this? Is it possible to choose one Summer in both scenes? Maybe it's worth adding menu items to see the same Summer is in both scenes? It's just a couple of new variables in the checks.
Well, the general idea is that you are picking the activity for each Summer (since Wild Summer is just exclude from the Unity version entirely, and I'm adding her in). It bothers me (a lot) when main characters living in the house are never seen (aka Morticia in the original unity game is just missing for most of the game).

I'm unlikely to change it a this point, since the scenes are done and making a Summer/Summer or Wild/Wild route would be even more additional scripting.

What is the issue with how it's setup? The first scene doesn't even have any Summer sex stuff, she is mostly there for flavor and to argue/fawn over Jerry.

Worst case, if you really want the same Summer in both scenes, the Do Over menu has you covered.

Reactions: Gettyra

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Well, the general idea is that you are picking the activity for each Summer (since Wild Summer is just exclude from the Unity version entirely, and I'm adding her in). It bothers me (a lot) when main characters living in the house are never seen (aka Morticia in the original unity game is just missing for most of the game).

I'm unlikely to change it a this point, since the scenes are done and making a Summer/Summer or Wild/Wild route would be even more additional scripting.

What is the issue with how it's setup? The first scene doesn't even have any Summer sex stuff, she is mostly there for flavor and to argue/fawn over Jerry.

Worst case, if you really want the same Summer in both scenes, the Do Over menu has you covered.
(Grumble time) One thing I find frustrating about Ferdaf's scenes, are the little inconsistencies. The scene in Summer's room, has Morticia liking out Summer, Morty starts penetrating Morticia from behind, and then in the next image, Summer has vanished. If I was doing the artwork, I would have included Summer in that image. Morticia could have continued liking out Summer, or at least rubbing/fingering her, as Morty fucked her.. I assume, that it was easier for F to animate the scene without Summer in it, but things like that break the immersion for me, plus it would have been hotter the way I describe it, with Summer included. But hey, just a small grumble, while I await Night Mirror's version. Talking of which, wtf is keeping you, how dare you keep us waiting this long. :p

I'm joking about the last bit of course. As others have said, your dedication and work rate is beyond admirable, and puts an old procrastinator like me to shame. I have a large backlog of artwork, that I should be getting on with, instead of wasting my time on here, making useless posts like this one. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Gettyra

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
One thing I find frustrating about Ferdaf's scenes, are the little inconsistencies
Yeah, it really bothers me as well. I fix as many as I can, but sometimes, it's beyond my ability/skill or way too time intensive to fix. In that same scene, Morty suddenly has his shirt back on at the end, when the hell did that happen? Ahh, I'm cumming! Better put my shirt on!

I did try overlaying Summer on the animation you mentioned (because that bugged the fuck out of me too that she is a big part of the scene, then abruptly forgotten) but without motion it looked horrible.

Talking of which, wtf is keeping you, how dare you keep us waiting this long
Game canceled!

instead of wasting my time on here, making useless posts like this one
I work on replies while I wait for renpy to reload my changes. Autoreload is great, but also super frustrating sometimes when I just need to change a letter and its 15-30 seconds reloading the game, partly why QC takes so long.

WillAnderson

Feb 25, 2020
Hey Night Mirror... just wanted to say... A Way Home is a cool concept but it's plodding and near unplayable, or at least was when I played it. Another Way Home is fucking amazing, however. Everything that makes the original thing frustrating and grump inducing just... evaporated out of the thing.

In short, I greatly appreciate your work and am eagerly anticipating the next version :)

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.4 Progress Report #14 - Dec 12 @ 12:50 UTC (Task List)
And first pass QC and image finalization completed! YEAH! Only like 5 hours later than I expected to have it done, but... done. This would be the step usually know as beta, where the project is now asset complete, but I still have additional testing to do. So, yeah, release within the next 24hrs is upon us.

No more tonight though, brain is complete mush, I've been at this for almost 20 hours today, and I need a break.

Quazario

Feb 17, 2019
And first pass QC and image finalization completed! YEAH! Only like 5 hours later than I expected to have it done, but... done. This would be the step usually know as beta, where the project is now asset complete, but I still have additional testing to do. So, yeah, release within the next 24hrs is upon us.

No more tonight though, brain is complete mush, I've been at this for almost 20 hours today, and I need a break.
Don't overwork yourself, champ, we could wait, but your health mental and physical are more important, so don't worry yourself too much.

Bennymac

Nov 20, 2020

Damm dude 20 hours of work. Chill out take a brake no one is rushing

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes