Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Waited as long as I could last night but passed out before the patch dropped. Looks like it came in pretty late for me anyhow, so even if I had pushed myself to wait up for it, I'm not sure I would have gotten too much done.

Anyhow, have the newest update DL'd gonna start taking it apart, will have a second status post once I have a more detailed idea of the content.

I know i might sound whiny, but I am literally waiting on your version for this as I feel it is superior for not just the engine but also because of the amount of effort you and the folks here put in it.
The release plan is unchanged. When I finish whatever new content there is, the renpy update will go live. If Tricia's stuff comes out before that, I'll do my best to get it in. If not, it will be it's own update, like r3.4.1 or something.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Waited as long as I could last night but passed out before the patch dropped. Looks like it came in pretty late for me anyhow, so even if I had pushed myself to wait up for it, I'm not sure I would have gotten too much done.

Anyhow, have the newest update DL'd gonna start taking it apart, will have a second status post once I have a more detailed idea of the content.

The release plan is unchanged. When I finish whatever new content there is, the renpy update will go live. If Tricia's stuff comes out before that, I'll do my best to get it in. If not, it will be it's own update, like r3.4.1 or something.
There is one condom animation you'll have to put up with sadly. Fortunately the rest of the girls are fine doing it with Morty raw now. Beth is the last hold out.
I was glad to see Ferdafs adding diolog about Beth ovulating and her being even more horny because of it. Give me hope for future impreg content.

Reactions: Night Mirror

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
There is one condom animation you'll have to put up with sadly. Fortunately the rest of the girls are fine doing it with Morty raw now. Beth is the last hold out.
I was glad to see Ferdafs adding diolog about Beth ovulating and her being even more horny because of it. Give me hope for future impreg content.
The way she talked, I really expected something to happen in this patch that would provide an option to go down that path. It's not for me, but hey, no kink shaming from me, each to their own. As long as there is an option to pass, I'm happy. The only pregnancy I like, are pregnant ...

... pauses.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.4 Status - DONE!
Release Date: Dec 12th, 2021

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Update 16 - Dec 13 @ 01:30 UTC
Update 15 - Dec 12 @ 19:20 UTC
Update 14 - Dec 12 @ 12:50 UTC
Update 13 - Dec 12 @ 03:30 UTC
Update 12 - Dec 11 @ 09:00 UTC
Update 11 - Dec 11 @ 05:50 UTC
Update 10 - Dec 11 @ 03:40 UTC
Update 9 - Dec 11 @ 01:40 UTC
Update 8 - Dec 10 @ 09:30 UTC
Update 7 - Dec 10 @ 01:40 UTC
Update 6 - Dec 9 @ 21:00 UTC
Update 5 - Dec 9 @ 06:00 UTC
Update 4 - Dec 9 @ 03:15 UTC
Update 3 - Dec 8 @ 21:15 UTC
Update 2 - Dec 8 @ 09:30 UTC

Update 1 - Dec 7 @ 18:30 UTC:
Alright, I've got the game downloaded, pulled out all the text and images, and I'm ready to start authoring. First, when is it going to be done (the question everyone wants to know). It's not too big, but it isn't small either. My best guess at the moment is Sunday, Dec 12th. As I work on it, I'll get a better picture and will update the release window as needed.

All of the scenes are going onto Day 36, so no need to backtrack (if your saves aren't broken as fuck at least). I'd really like the Morticia/Jessica scene to go on a different day and spread out Morticia's content a bit, but there is no place it fits (that's what she said) and it would make Day 36 feel empty otherwise.

We are missing a scene (the Tricia scene, I did double check the files just to be sure it wasn't there and just inaccessible, it is not included), so this patch will be on the smaller side in terms of content. Still not tiny at 1,913 lines of text (and I won't know the images until I sort them). So that leaves us with 2 scenes. Which you might think is odd, since the list above is 4 scenes. For the purposes of Replay, I'm breaking Family Night into 3 parts (Morticia, Beth, and Summer) since they are all more or less sperate scenes. That has no effect on the normal gameplay, and via replay you'll have the option to continue into the next scene anyhow.

I will say the date might slip here. I've given myself more time than I think is necessary for a patch of this size, but there are several things I want to add into Family night (not the least of which is the option to take the condom off (I think I might have a new way to do it, but I'm still not sure it will work, I really don't want to hand edit the animation if I can avoid it)). Also options to finish in for both Morticia and Summer. Also, also, Wild Summer is missing, so I think I'm going to change up some events to include her in the sequence with Morticia in Summer's room, just a change of hair and clothes shouldn't be too difficult and doesn't change the event too much.

Anyhow, excited to get to work on it. Next status update will be either when I finish the first scene (I expect that to take me all day to do) or at the end of the day when I can't keep my eyes open anymore. I'll still be checking in normally throughout the day to answer posts from people, but don't break your F5 key trying to refresh.

Last edited:

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Wild Summer is missing.
I noticed that too. Poor wild Summer missing out on the action, it's just not right. I was hoping for her to do what Dr. Wong had prescribed in this update. Hopefully that will happen in the next one. Or maybe it will turn out that she was using her stealth skills, and was watching everyone else have sex, without them realising. :unsure:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Has it been said whether or not there will be another trip to Gazorp? Morty got to spend very little time with his daughter, and now he's got two more kids on the way (at least in this version, no idea how that plays out on the Unity).

And if the queen's doing it, it's about to get trendy, and that could be a paradise for Morty. Just sayin'

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Has it been said whether or not there will be another trip to Gazorp? Morty got to spend very little time with his daughter, and now he's got two more kids on the way (at least in this version, no idea how that plays out on the Unity).

And if the queen's doing it, it's about to get trendy, and that could be a paradise for Morty. Just sayin'
Not seen anything about this, but it did cross my mind too. Going by what happened before, Morty's daughter (and possibly other kids) will be adult now too, which opens up even more pervy possibilities. :unsure: :devilish:

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Eh. Gazorp is kind of a miss for me. The whole arms on their heads isn't appealing. Plus they were only in part of one episode in the show. Rather stick to the regular cast.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
** not an update

Torrent: ( ) ❤
- get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Nixi~

Apr 25, 2018
r3.4 Status - In Progress!
Release Date: Dec 12th

Update 1 - Dec 7 @ 18:30 UTC:
Alright, I've got the game downloaded, pulled out all the text and images, and I'm ready to start authoring. First, when is it going to be done (the question everyone wants to know). It's not too big, but it isn't small either. My best guess at the moment is Sunday, Dec 12th. As I work on it, I'll get a better picture and will update the release window as needed.

All of the scenes are going onto Day 36, so no need to backtrack (if your saves aren't broken as fuck at least). I'd really like the Morticia/Jessica scene to go on a different day and spread out Morticia's content a bit, but there is no place it fits (that's what she said) and it would make Day 36 feel empty otherwise.

We are missing a scene (the Tricia scene, I did double check the files just to be sure it wasn't there and just inaccessible, it is not included), so this patch will be on the smaller side in terms of content. Still not tiny at 1,913 lines of text (and I won't know the images until I sort them). So that leaves us with 2 scenes. Which you might think is odd, since the list above is 4 scenes. For the purposes of Replay, I'm breaking Family Night into 3 parts (Morticia, Beth, and Summer) since they are all more or less sperate scenes. That has no effect on the normal gameplay, and via replay you'll have the option to continue into the next scene anyhow.

I will say the date might slip here. I've given myself more time than I think is necessary for a patch of this size, but there are several things I want to add into Family night (not the least of which is the option to take the condom off (I think I might have a new way to do it, but I'm still not sure it will work, I really don't want to hand edit the animation if I can avoid it)). Also options to finish in for both Morticia and Summer. Also, also, Wild Summer is missing, so I think I'm going to change up some events to include her in the sequence with Morticia in Summer's room, just a change of hair and clothes shouldn't be too difficult and doesn't change the event too much.

Anyhow, excited to get to work on it. Next status update will be either when I finish the first scene (I expect that to take me all day to do) or at the end of the day when I can't keep my eyes open anymore. I'll still be checking in normally throughout the day to answer posts from people, but don't break your F5 key trying to refresh.
You including wild summer is baller! She is my favorite character in this game so I'm glad she is not being forgotten. Thanks mate!

gambit87

Dec 27, 2017
I hope Morty will speak to Beth again about pregnancy. In the last episode, Beth was ready to let Morty get her pregnant. Now the question would be whether Beth still means that and whether it should only stay with this one or whether there could be more pregnancies in the future?
Morty could either try to convince you of this (nice variant) or Morty decides that for Beth and forces her to conceive and possibly future pregnancies (evil variant).

The same topic applies to Summer as well. I think Morty should seriously discuss pregnancy with her here too. Morty could also try to convince Summer of a pregnancy (and possibly future) with arguments. Or here, too, he decides the topic for Summer and forces her to become pregnant (also in the future).

Of course, the same goes for the other female characters like Jessica and Tricia (and hopefully someday for Tammy, Nancy, Dr. Wong, Grace and Kiara as well)

Just an idea.

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.4 Progress Report #2 - Dec 8 @ 09:30 UTC (Task List)
Going to try something different with the status posts this time around. Rather than just updating in the task list, I'm going to put out new posts and link back to task list. This will let the notification do a better job of helping people who want to follow along (I hope). Anyhow, if it sucks can always go back to the old way it was.

Brain is a little fired, so I might be even less coherent, and even more rambley than usual (have been at this for like 15~16hrs, can't do math...). I wanted to keep going but I'm making more mistakes than progress, so probably time to stop for the night.

Overall, slower progress than I wanted for the first day, I was really hoping to knock out the first scene but not even half way done. It feels like I hardly made a dent in it, started with roughly 540ish images for this scene, and I have 373 left to put in... I think? I keep finding more... But also, I did like 1500lines of code today, I dono, brain mush...

I needed a bit more lead in that I had anticipated (to bridge into the new scene), so I wasted a bunch of time writing, realized it was getting out of hand, and cut it way the fuck back. It's still probably too long, but that is a problem for future me to deal with.

Next big spot of trouble is that I've (for whatever dumb reason) changed the way I'm doing images this time around, and getting the flow just right was a mess. I finally got it down to a smooth process in the later half of the day, but I lost of a lot of time fucking around with it (and WAY over engineering it). I won't get super long winded with it (too late) but I'm doing something majorly different this time around with images.

The game is getting big, way bigger than I want it to be. I've switched compression tools, but that only takes me so far. So I'm onto the second step (arguably should have been the first step, but lazy... and it's a lot of extra work) in space savings, slicing. Having a base layer, then only including the parts of the image that change. Space savings is pretty damn good too, as an example before slicing, 31 images were 12MB, after slicing, 2MB, before compression. This scene has 540 images or roughly 350MB of content, after slicing, I expect that to be closer to 20-30MB, after compression I expect it to be more like 5-10MB.

At some point, I want to do the whole game, but... uh, maybe during the next big wait, haven't decide yet...

As an added bonus (literally) part of the new structure allows me to add in blinking into pretty much every image that has a face on it. So... I hope you like characters blinking... If not... too bad.

Anyhow... I've read over this like four times and drifted off at least once... back at it tomorrow, will push hard to finish up this scene, it's the biggest one of the update (in terms of size).

joy.stick

Jul 16, 2021
Hi, about the size, there are people here who do compresions so just do the original thing and let them do the rest? Also there is this RPDL? guy who does torrent, we can ask him do one for your game if it is really that big.

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
r3.4 Progress Report #2 - Dec 8 @ 09:30 UTC (Task List)
Going to try something different with the status posts this time around. Rather than just updating in the task list, I'm going to put out new posts and link back to task list. This will let the notification do a better job of helping people who want to follow along (I hope). Anyhow, if it sucks can always go back to the old way it was.

Brain is a little fired, so I might be even less coherent, and even more rambley than usual (have been at this for like 15~16hrs, can't do math...). I wanted to keep going but I'm making more mistakes than progress, so probably time to stop for the night.

Overall, slower progress than I wanted for the first day, I was really hoping to knock out the first scene but not even half way done. It feels like I hardly made a dent in it, started with roughly 540ish images for this scene, and I have 373 left to put in... I think? I keep finding more... But also, I did like 1500lines of code today, I dono, brain mush...

I needed a bit more lead in that I had anticipated (to bridge into the new scene), so I wasted a bunch of time writing, realized it was getting out of hand, and cut it way the fuck back. It's still probably too long, but that is a problem for future me to deal with.

Next big spot of trouble is that I've (for whatever dumb reason) changed the way I'm doing images this time around, and getting the flow just right was a mess. I finally got it down to a smooth process in the later half of the day, but I lost of a lot of time fucking around with it (and WAY over engineering it). I won't get super long winded with it (too late) but I'm doing something majorly different this time around with images.

The game is getting big, way bigger than I want it to be. I've switched compression tools, but that only takes me so far. So I'm onto the second step (arguably should have been the first step, but lazy... and it's a lot of extra work) in space savings, slicing. Having a base layer, then only including the parts of the image that change. Space savings is pretty damn good too, as an example before slicing, 31 images were 12MB, after slicing, 2MB, before compression. This scene has 540 images or roughly 350MB of content, after slicing, I expect that to be closer to 20-30MB, after compression I expect it to be more like 5-10MB.

At some point, I want to do the whole game, but... uh, maybe during the next big wait, haven't decide yet...

As an added bonus (literally) part of the new structure allows me to add in blinking into pretty much every image that has a face on it. So... I hope you like characters blinking... If not... too bad.

Anyhow... I've read over this like four times and drifted off at least once... back at it tomorrow, will push hard to finish up this scene, it's the biggest one of the update (in terms of size).
You do You im sure we all can wait a bit for a good one more then a rushed one
200.gif

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Eh. Gazorp is kind of a miss for me. The whole arms on their heads isn't appealing. Plus they were only in part of one episode in the show. Rather stick to the regular cast.
I wasn't a big fan of the Gazorpian story either. Like you say, I find the extra arms a bit off-putting. Also, considering they do have extra arms, they don't make much use of them, which is a silly missed opportunity.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes