thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
r3.4 Progress Report #14 - Dec 12 @ 12:50 UTC (Task List)
And first pass QC and image finalization completed! YEAH! Only like 5 hours later than I expected to have it done, but... done. This would be the step usually know as beta, where the project is now asset complete, but I still have additional testing to do. So, yeah, release within the next 24hrs is upon us.

No more tonight though, brain is complete mush, I've been at this for almost 20 hours today, and I need a break.
Get some rest, you are overworked with that 20 hours so your body really need it a lot. Good night and thank you for the hard work

AXE2501

Dec 6, 2019
And first pass QC and image finalization completed! YEAH! Only like 5 hours later than I expected to have it done, but... done. This would be the step usually know as beta, where the project is now asset complete, but I still have additional testing to do. So, yeah, release within the next 24hrs is upon us.

No more tonight though, brain is complete mush, I've been at this for almost 20 hours today, and I need a break.
Uh oh, I think Mirrors has just gone full "tell me about the rabbits George" we need coffee stat!

Reactions: Night Mirror

tisktask

Aug 15, 2020

I just wanted to say thank you for the hard work you put into this, it's appreciated

camdanryeker

Jul 2, 2020
Hi NM,

I just had a brain fart moment that compelled me to share it with you.

Why don't you divi up your updates like the Unity version?

Don't follow??

How about insted of one update, you go with two? One for the unity content and the other for your additions.

Going by your updates here, inputting the content from Unity seems to be the lesser of the two evils in terms of workload. So that goes out first, giving you the satisfaction that this version is not lagging too further behind in terms of content from the original.

the Second update will be of YOUR CONTENT. YOUR ART. YOUR EDITS.
Like The mindblowers update. Only this is for your edits and bug fixes.

This would spread out your workloads and every release would essentially bring forth new content for us ever greatful leaches that suckle on the teath of thine generosity.

Those that can't be patient but can't be f*#ked to to play the Unity version get the content they care about and those that follow this thread for YOUR content get theirs.

sorry for the wall of text.

tl:Dr; Break your releases into two parts. Unity release and NightMirror Release. Everyone gets what they want, your get breathing room and those that appreciate the effort you put in wait for the content they want.
I concur. You can have an "A-Version" and a "B-Version." Alternatively, you can just divide your updates so that way you aren't cramming months of development/updates into a few days and the fans can enjoy some of the additional content.

Don't get me wrong though, I certainly admire you grinding out knocking out and adding so much content over the course of a few days. It's impressive.

RIP on the weekend release, but I totally get it. Hopefully I'll get to enjoy it next weekend.

Reactions: Devilrv

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.4 Progress Report #15 - Dec 12 @ 19:20 UTC (Task List)
(Settle down, this isn't a release notice)

Alright, I'm back at it, thinkie-thingie in head functional (maybe), and on to the final steps! So, what's the plan?

Final Testing

I'm turning the the dialog for the new content into audio (currently processing in the background while I type this), and play through the patch file (using the full build of r3.3 as my base), and make sure the damn thing works (also possibly fix (and then add more for good measure) some of the hundreds of typos I've added along the way). This is usually around an 8hr process for me (as I always have to stop and fix/add things), then, if that all goes well:
  • build (less then 30 minutes)
  • upload (30 mins for the patch file, 1-2hrs for the full files)
  • download (whatever your connection speed is, as this part if for you).
(And also update the main post with my patch notes, but I'll do that while the file is uploading)

So yeah, almost there... Anyhow, back to work!

IDontPay

Jul 25, 2019

Alright, I'm back at it, thinkie-thingie in head functional (maybe), and on to the final steps! So, what's the plan?

Final Testing

I'm turning the the dialog for the new content into audio (currently processing in the background while I type this), and play through the patch file (using the full build of r3.3 as my base), and make sure the damn thing works (also possibly fix (and then add more for good measure) some of the hundreds of typos I've added along the way). This is usually around an 8hr process for me (as I always have to stop and fix/add things), then, if that all goes well:
(And also update the main post with my patch notes, but I'll do that while the file is uploading)

"Turning the dialog for the new content into audio"

You're adding audio to the game? Like voiced lines? Sorry if you already talked about this, I didn't see it covered in the other updates, or I missed it if you did.

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020

Final Testing

Can hardly wait
cute.jpeg

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
You're adding audio to the game? Like voiced lines? Sorry if you already talked about this, I didn't see it covered in the other updates, or I missed it if you did.
No, no, no. I use a text to speech program during final review to listen for dialog mistakes. There is no way this game would work with voice lines (also, not sure how the hell I would even do voice lines...)

IDontPay

Jul 25, 2019
No, no, no. I use a text to speech program during final review to listen for dialog mistakes. There is no way this game would work with voice lines (also, not sure how the hell I would even do voice lines...)
Oh ok. That would be a ton of work that's why I was confused, and I'm not implying it should be added. I would guess that CG voices wouldn't be worth the effort and probably really janky.

PussMaster

Jul 23, 2021
Just a random 3am rant ahead.

So I'm on like day 27 now, and it's bothering me so much that my girl morticia is being totally ignored by Morty. It's like he wants to do it with anyone BUT her, which is weird considering he was into her just as much, in the earlier days (as how it should be). Like she invites him to sleep on the bed after so long, so he gets morning wood the next morning, but instead of getting it on with her, he goes away to relieve himself in the toilet. Like she's been trying so hard to get him to notice her lately, but he's been giving her the cold shoulder, like lying to her, and keeping secrets from her for all the naughty things he does, even not inviting her for the naughty things he does, as she doesn't seem to mind and actually enjoys it just as much as him, considering she's literally almost the same person as morty, with almost same feelings and interests. I mean, when she got to know about the app and our ulterior motive, she was anything but angry. She accepted morty and understood why he did what he was doing since the beginning, and she was even willing to help him get more points to get home, which was really sweet of her. She should be our partner in crime, instead morty's been treating her like a background character lately, which is honestly getting on my nerves. Everything else pefectly fine and in-character tho.

Last edited:

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018

So I'm on like day 27 now, and it's bothering me so much that my girl morticia is being totally ignored by Morty. It's like he wants to do it with anyone BUT her, which is weird considering he was into her just as much, in the earlier days (as how it should be). Like she invites him to sleep on the bed after so long, so he gets morning wood the next morning, but instead of getting it on with her, he goes away to relieve himself in the toilet. Like she's been trying so hard to get him to notice her lately, but he's been giving her the cold shoulder, like lying to her, and keeping secrets from her for all the naughty things he does, even not inviting her for the naughty things he does, as she doesn't seem to mind and actually enjoys it just as much as him, considering she's literally almost the same person as morty, with almost same feelings and interests. I mean, when she got to know about the app and our ulterior motive, she was anything but angry. She accepted morty and understood why he did what he was doing since the beginning, and was even willing to help him get points to get home, which was really sweet of her. She should be our partner in crime, instead morty's been treating her like a background character lately, which is honestly getting on my nerves. Everything else pefectly fine and in-character tho.
this is a port, the guy doesn't create the story he just adapts it to renpy, he even tries to include the characters in the story and in scenes more than in the original game, but if you think it's bad you'd have to complain no Topic of the original game, night cannot make many changes as he is not the creator, therefore he cannot change much as he would end up breking the story in future updates.

PussMaster

Jul 23, 2021
this is a port, the guy doesn't create the story he just adapts it to renpy, he even tries to include the characters in the story and in scenes more than in the original game, but if you think it's bad you'd have to complain no Topic of the original game, night cannot make many changes as he is not the creator, therefore he cannot change much as he would end up breking the story in future updates.
I know about that, and Night is doing an amazing job with the modified story port as it is. I was just putting it out there to see if someone agrees with me.

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020

So I'm on like day 27 now, and it's bothering me so much that my girl morticia is being totally ignored by Morty. It's like he wants to do it with anyone BUT her, which is weird considering he was into her just as much, in the earlier days (as how it should be). Like she invites him to sleep on the bed after so long, so he gets morning wood the next morning, but instead of getting it on with her, he goes away to relieve himself in the toilet. Like she's been trying so hard to get him to notice her lately, but he's been giving her the cold shoulder, like lying to her, and keeping secrets from her for all the naughty things he does, even not inviting her for the naughty things he does, as she doesn't seem to mind and actually enjoys it just as much as him, considering she's literally almost the same person as morty, with almost same feelings and interests. I mean, when she got to know about the app and our ulterior motive, she was anything but angry. She accepted morty and understood why he did what he was doing since the beginning, and she was even willing to help him get more points to get home, which was really sweet of her. She should be our partner in crime, instead morty's been treating her like a background character lately, which is honestly getting on my nerves. Everything else pefectly fine and in-character tho.
I get you. She is one of my fav characters, and yea, Morty is a dick (metaphorically speaking) to her at times, but not really intentionally so, I don't think. She is very understanding, more so than Morty, and yea, same person almost, but she has the female brain, which is generally more compassionate than a male one. She is slowly becoming a partner in crime, but she has her own drive and perspective too, of course, which is a bit different from Morty's. At the end of the day, it's down to Ferdaf really, and maybe some influence from his paying fans. Us poor plebs have to put up with what he gives us, which is of course enhanced by the wonderful work that Night Mirror is doing to make it more playable, not to mention the corrections and spattering of dialogue changes, that I like. Also, the chance to choose slightly different scenes, which I enjoy too. I conclude and concur, yup, more Morticia, and I'm all for her to have joint, or even lead tiller on the ship sometimes.

P.S. Without intentional self trumpet blowing, that's why I had the idea for Morticia to have some fun with the Summers, when she was given the opportunity, which Night Mirror has decided to run with.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I know about that, and Night is doing an amazing job with the modified story port as it is. I was just putting it out there to see if someone agrees with me.
I've actually talked a bit about this before (somewhere back in the 70ish pages, normally I'd go find the post and link it, but, uh, working on the update).

The short version is, yes, Domdeyso is correct I am adapting something I have no input on (and fucking with it in a way the original dev never intended). In the Unity version, Morticia really gets ignored pretty hard (she has a third of the number of scenes that Summer does), such that you can play a LOT of the unity version without ever seeing her.

I've done my best to increase her presence throughout this game (she was the first (and only for a while) character I made additional scenes for), but, I am limited by what I have to work with, both in terms of story and art (my ability to make art is, not so great).

So there are parts where her presence is... lacking. You're not the first to point out her mid game drop off (although, I think you'll be happy with the alternate scene in Day 28 (again, not in the unity version)). Mostly, Morty's attitude towards her is due to a lack of scenes with her. Morty more or less has to turn her down, because this game doesn't have any images of boats- er, I mean, only has limited scenes.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Oh ok. That would be a ton of work that's why I was confused, and I'm not implying it should be added. I would guess that CG voices wouldn't be worth the effort and probably really janky.
I talked a little about this before (Again, in update mode so I can't search out the post) but I did try using an AI voice tool to match character voices. Short version, it produced nightmare sounds so I didn't try it for very long, and haven't given it another go.

chickenmaid

Oct 9, 2019
I talked a little about this before (Again, in update mode so I can't search out the post) but I did try using an AI voice tool to match character voices. Short version, it produced nightmare sounds so I didn't try it for very long, and haven't given it another go.
What about sound bits for each characters from the show? It doesn't have to be fully voiced, just to give player a reference for their imagination. Maybe some moaning sounds too.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes