Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.6 Progress Report #2 - Jun 30@ 06:55 UTC (Task List)

Okay, image sorting completed and Slicing all(asterisks) done! Fuck yeah! The auto slice script I made worked super well!

Okay, slicing not technically completed. I ran the script and did a quick check to see if there were any major fuck ups. And it mostly looks good (a few oddities, and 1 or 2 scenes didn't auto slice at all). Some images (as always) will need to be done by hand, but overall, it looks like it pretty much worked as expected! So, damn, that was amazing. Last time (I double checked) it took me ~3 days to do the slicing. This time, I did the primary slice pass in just under 15 minutes (again, I'm sure it will take a couple hours more for corrections... but damn, so much faster).

While this content is shorter for sure, having the whole slicing process automated makes it SO MUCH less painful. I still have to draw all the blink by hand (maybe... I might push that back into r3.7), but images (for the most part) look good to go!

I'll spend the next hour or so doing image clean up, then I'ma try and start in on the first scene and see how far I can get before passing out at the keyboard.

Anyhow... Progress updated, stay awesome!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Yo pussyboy, is there a way for me to buy you a coffee, I need you to stay up late and work :)....Seriously tho.
Thank you for the very generous offer!

Due to a number of reasons (I've talked about in past posts and the FAQ in the main post, if you are curious), I am not accepting monetary donations for this project. If you really feel the desire to give, then I ask you put that towards the Ferdafs, the Unity game creator (if you can/want to (if you can deal with Pateron's BS)).

This game cannot/won't continue if the Unity game doesn't so while I do put a lot of work in here, what I really want is more R&M content, and getting Ferdafs to keep making it is the best way I can do that!

bob_bit123

Dec 3, 2020
r3.6 Progress Report #2 - Jun 30@ 06:55 UTC (Task List)

Okay, image sorting completed and Slicing all(asterisks) done! Fuck yeah! The auto slice script I made worked super well!
If you decide to do any dialogue additions, one thing that stuck me as a bit weird in this patch, was the lack of placement these scenes had in the greater context of both the story and the progressions of the various relationships of the characters. There is no mention for beth's scene of anything that has happened between her and morty earlier, and how this scene fits or doesn't with that. How the particular actions of this scene have bearing on the two of them or don't. It just seems like it's floating in a world of it's own. If you feeling like connecting it to the plot of the story that could be really cool. Also there is no mention at all of any of the stuff that happend last patch, there's been a "conversation" that has been coming for a while that I feel like needs to happen for this all to make sense. just my thoughts.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
If you decide to do any dialogue additions, one thing that stuck me as a bit weird in this patch, was the lack of placement these scenes had in the greater context of both the story and the progressions of the various relationships of the characters. There is no mention for beth's scene of anything that has happened between her and morty earlier, and how this scene fits or doesn't with that. How the particular actions of this scene have bearing on the two of them or don't. It just seems like it's floating in a world of it's own. If you feeling like connecting it to the plot of the story that could be really cool. Also there is no mention at all of any of the stuff that happend last patch, there's been a "conversation" that has been coming for a while that I feel like needs to happen for this all to make sense. just my thoughts.
Yeah, disconnected plot elements are an ongoing issue. This set of events are particularly difficult since it seems like Ferdafs wants them to (at some point) be exploratory, which means they don't connect to anything else.

I do intend (and am doing it right now in fact) to add additional dialogue. As always, I'll try my best to have it fit in somehow. But the pool day sort of abruptly comes out of nowhere. Also, it doesn't feel like the right setting for a heart-to-heart with Beth... but if I keep putting it off it will never come (that's what she said).

I'll keep it in mind as I work though...

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.6 Progress Report #2 - Jun 30@ 12:00 UTC (Task List)
Alright, done as much as I can tonight... need some sleep. Was hoping to finish off scene 1, but only made it to about the halfway point The start of the water slide. Still, good progress, faster than I expected, never as far as I want.

Slicing was great. I expected to waste hours on it but in the end only had to redo maybe 5 scenes, and all but one of those was just re-run the slicer script with some tweaks. I was also did all the video capture, edit, and exporting (just ran it in the background while working on other stuff), and updated the Mind Blowers/Day Selector/Scene Selector as well. So... holy shit, all the things...

Will be back at it first thing when I wake up in 4 hours...

Last edited:

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
Alright, done as much as I can tonight... need some sleep. Was hoping to finish off scene 1, but only made it to about the halfway point The start of the water slide. Still, good progress, faster than I expected, never as far as I want.

Slicing was great. I expected to waste hours on it but in the end only had to redo maybe 5 scenes, and all but one of those was just re-run the slicer script with some tweaks. I was also did all the video capture, edit, and exporting (just ran it in the background while working on other stuff), and updated the Mind Blowers/Day Selector/Scene Selector as well. So... holy shit, all the things...

You da man!!!

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019

I had a question regarding your release.

Are the scenes you added (as in the missionary scenes) were they finished prior to the update or are you planning to be working on them after adding the new content for this release? Just to see if they fit better with the new content or nah.

Just curious.

Keep up your good work.

Cheers.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Are the scenes you added (as in the missionary scenes) were they finished prior to the update or are you planning to be working on them after adding the new content for this release? Just to see if they fit better with the new content or nah.
Everything listed in the is in the game already. I only write patch notes for completed content.

While I'm not currently planning to add additional scenes to the new content (sort of in/out choices for each (because that looks super easy to do in each of the 3 new scenes)), I'll see where the road takes me.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.6 Progress Report #4 - Jun 30@ 21:30 UTC (Task List)
Scene 1 of 3 completed! Well, it's in the game at least... It still needs a bunch of work (haven't even played it to make sure it runs yet), but all the images and animations are programmed. It is by far the biggest scene of the three so hoping the other two will be a bit faster.

I also finished the Do Over items for this (one new option for each character (nothing exciting, more in/out choices, but I work with what I got...)).

Next step is to playtest the scene (and make sure it work plus corrections where needed) then, in a new step, it gets sent out to my editors for play testing, so they can give me feedback/corrections on it (and hopefully make it even better for everyone here!).

Sending out the test build is still a couple hours away (play testing isn't a fast process). Normally I would go right into Scene 2, but trying it a bit differently this time.

While I'm still not ready to give a solid release date yet, I think the turn-around time here will be well under a week. I will TRY my best to get Scene 2 done today, and really push hard into Scene 3 if I can. Will put up another post once the first pass QC is completed and I start on scene 2.

Thanks for reading along, stay awesome!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.6 Progress Report #5 - Jul 1@ 2:50 UTC (Task List)
Okay! Testing on scene one completed! And I've sent it out for editing/corrections.

I did end up splitting scene 1 in half for Replay/Selector. Scene 2 will also be split-in-half. It will only have the one replay button, but 2 Scene Select points.

Or, in English, I made it easier to get to the sexy content you want to see in both scenes, main game unaffected.

Starting in on Scene 2 of 3! Goal is to finish it today. HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!

Stay awesome!

Easy Pete

DYNAMITE <3 GIRL DICK<3 DOGS <3
Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Thank you for the very generous offer!

Due to a number of reasons (I've talked about in past posts and the FAQ in the main post, if you are curious), I am not accepting monetary donations for this project. If you really feel the desire to give, then I ask you put that towards the Ferdafs, the Unity game creator (if you can/want to (if you can deal with Pateron's BS)).

This game cannot/won't continue if the Unity game doesn't so while I do put a lot of work in here, what I really want is more R&M content, and getting Ferdafs to keep making it is the best way I can do that!
I already thought about that and am supporting the Unity game just for that reason, I don't want him to stop.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.6 Progress Report #6 - Jul 1@ 9:00 UTC (Task List)
And that scene 2 of 3 DONE!!! Yeah rolling right through this sucker. Of course... I have been at this pretty much ALL day (I think 15-16~ hrs (can't math... brain no work) so far) so, not unexpected. Pushing a bit harder here (that's what she said) to get this out quick, since my schedule is packed for July. If I don't get it done in the next day or two, I won't get back to it for weeks... which I do not want.

And with that, I think I'm comfortable enough to say, I should have a release ready either Jul 2nd or 3rd. As I finish up stuff, I'll have a better picture and will let you all know with updates more specific times.

Gonna do my first QC pass of scene 2, then my first round of corrections, and deepening on how I'm feeling, maybe start in on scene 3 (very unlikely to happen, but will see how bad my errors are on putting s2 together).

One last anecdote, while these scenes are enjoyable they do feel more same-ie than I was hoping for. I've liked them all (and will certainly re-watch them again in the future (because I have more testing to do)), but I would have liked a bit more variety in this update. Still, happy with what I get!

Anyhow... Stay awesome!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.6 Progress Report #7 - Jul 1@ 11:45 UTC (Task List)
Finished off QC for scene 2 and sent it off to testers. It's a bit rougher than I would like... but... eh... good enough... Too tired to start in on scene 3 so, I'll be back at it in 4~ish hours after some sleep.

swimming feather

Oct 1, 2018
I just want to say that the work you have done for this game is simply amazing.
I've just read what you have planned and what you have already done for the new update 3.6 and I am stunned by the quality of it all (The sneak peaks of morticia look especially nice). Thank you for all your hard work Night Mirror.

bob_bit123

Dec 3, 2020
Yeah, disconnected plot elements are an ongoing issue. This set of events are particularly difficult since it seems like Ferdafs wants them to (at some point) be exploratory, which means they don't connect to anything else.

I do intend (and am doing it right now in fact) to add additional dialogue. As always, I'll try my best to have it fit in somehow. But the pool day sort of abruptly comes out of nowhere. Also, it doesn't feel like the right setting for a heart-to-heart with Beth... but if I keep putting it off it will never come (that's what she said).

I'll keep it in mind as I work though...
Yea I guess I'm not saying that the conversation has to be in this particular scene, and I do agree with the difficulty of this being a stand alone area, but yeah I just feel like these events feel a tad random, but with some dialogue edits, I think they could fit.

Reactions: Night Mirror
4.90 star(s) 96 Votes