Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 Status: DONE
Release Date:
Monday May 22 - 03:18 UTC

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress Report #15 May 22 @ 03:18 UTC
Progress Report #14 May 22 @ 02:10 UTC
Progress Report #13 May 21 @ 01:00 UTC
Progress Report #12 May 19 @ 02:30 UTC
Progress Report #11 May 15 @ 16:30 UTC
Progress Report #10 May 8 @ 21:45 UTC
Progress Report #9 May 5 @ 21:20 UTC
Progress Report #8 May 3 @ 20:20 UTC
Progress Report #7 May 3 @ 05:10 UTC
Progress Report #6 May 2 @ 23:10 UTC
Progress Report #5 May 2 @ 20:50 UTC
Progress Report #4 May 2 @ 12:00 UTC
Progress Report #3 May 2 @ 07:30 UTC
Progress Report #2 May 2 @ 05:20 UTC

Progress Report #1 May 2 @ 02:45 UTC:
I have a copy of the Unity game and I'm starting the very first part, which is modifying the files to extract images/dialogue, all that good stuff. I don't know anything about the new scene yet, but looking at the files, it seems like it is just one scene (although, no sure how long, so in game it may be more than one (in the Scene Selector at least (and how I work on it (liner game, so still just one big scene for you guys)))). For now, I've listed it as a single scene, but depending on content and length, will see how it ends up in game.

Next update when I actually start work on it, and have a better idea of what all the stuff I need to do is. Thanks for staying awesome, glad to see the game is still on!

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 Progress Report #2 - MAY 2 @ 05:20 UTC (Task List)
First I want to say, no ETA yet for when this will be ready. While I don't expect this update to take weeks, I do want to give this a bit more breathing room than I have in the past for some additional editing and QC time (and try not to crunch if I can). As always, I'll be as communicative as I can about my plans and timetables, and when I have a better idea, I'll let you all know.

So far I've made good progress on the first steps. I grabbed all the images, all the video, all the dialogue, and I'm about ready to start the slicing process (which hopefully will go smoothly). Then I'll start work on scene 1 (of 3).

After reviewing the content both aaronminus and I agree that the scenes work best on past days (because most of this scene is about Summer accepting Wild Summer, which is already the case in the game). The Beth part is also tricky. It might stay as part of this scene, or get split off. We are still figuring it out (luckily, it is the last scene I'm going to work on, so it has some time).

Anyhow... back to work, as always, will post more updates as I hit milestones. Next major one will be when I finish scene 1.

Thanks for being awesome!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 Progress Report #3 - MAY 2 @ 07:30 UTC (Task List)
Slicing all done! It went smoother than expected, although still took a bit of time. No super odd images this go around (I've really tuned in my slicing script) so only a few images needed any clean up.

I'm going to do all the video editing to get that out of the way too, then roll in to scene 1. Not sure if I'll be able to finish it before I have to call it, but still hyped, so who knows, maybe I will!

Anyhow... back to work...

FeartheGreat

Oct 31, 2020
So if I'm reading this correctly, We are getting three new scenes from Mr. Ferdafs, and an additional three scenes from Mr. Night Mirror himself? Worth the wait. Definetly worth the wait. All this waiting was 100% worth it. I woke up to great news this morning. Thank you everyone for your hard work.

pigg

Jun 15, 2018
So if I'm reading this correctly, We are getting three new scenes from Mr. Ferdafs, and an additional three scenes from Mr. Night Mirror himself? Worth the wait. Definetly worth the wait. All this waiting was 100% worth it. I woke up to great news this morning. Thank you everyone for your hard work.
Very much looking forward to the "Wild Bath" scene.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 Progress Report #4 - MAY 2 @ 12:00 UTC (Task List)
Alright scene 1 (of 3) is done! Okay, well, I mean, as always, not done-done, just in the game. However, I've reached my limit of being awake so I have to put a pin in actually checking to see if it works until tomorrow...or later today... whatever, after sleep.

It needs a fair bit more dialogue reworking, but I know we can get it there.

In addition to scene 1, I also finished all the video editing and export, updating the Mindblower galleries, and the Scene Selector. Nothing yet to change for Do Over, not sure if I'll have any options to add to it yet, will see as I make my way through the scenes.

Plan for the next session is to check it, make sure the thing works, give it a going over and iron out a few issues I noticed (but too tired to fix now). Then, when I'm as happy with it as I can be, send it off for some editing love to fix all the problems I've introduced, and then start on scene two.

I should be able to knock out scene 2 tomorrow, and possibly even scene 3 as neither is very long.

This came in at a good time for me (for once) as I have an open schedule at the moment to focus on this without putting off other work (I say jinxing myself).

Anyhow... sleep, thanks for being awesome!

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
First I want to say, no ETA yet for when this will be ready. While I don't expect this update to take weeks, I do want to give this a bit more breathing room than I have in the past for some additional editing and QC time (and try not to crunch if I can). As always, I'll be as communicative as I can about my plans and timetables, and when I have a better idea, I'll let you all know.

So far I've made good progress on the first steps. I grabbed all the images, all the video, all the dialogue, and I'm about ready to start the slicing process (which hopefully will go smoothly). Then I'll start work on scene 1 (of 3).

After reviewing the content both aaronminus and I agree that the scenes work best on past days (because most of this scene is about Summer accepting Wild Summer, which is already the case in the game). The Beth part is also tricky. It might stay as part of this scene, or get split off. We are still figuring it out (luckily, it is the last scene I'm going to work on, so it has some time).

Anyhow... back to work, as always, will post more updates as I hit milestones. Next major one will be when I finish scene 1.

Thanks for being awesome!
By an odd coincidence, or premonition, I was thinking last night, before I even knew the update was coming, that the Summers having fun with each other is way overdue and probably should have happened much earlier in the story line, considering they share a room and bed etc.

I can see that where to insert these new scenes exactly might be tricky, but I'm sure you'll do a good job of squeezing them in, nice and tight, and snugly ... oh geez!

Mar 13, 2021
i think i speak for most of us when i say: take your time man, the longer we wait the better the quality, we'll still get a lot with the update you were developing so there's no need to rush

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 Progress Report #6 - MAY 2 @ 23:10 UTC (Task List)
Despite having more lines, scene 2 was much more straight forward than scene 1 (I had to add/modify/pose a lot less (and I think scene 3 will be similar)), so... yeah, scene #2 (of 3) implemented! Of course I do actually need to check it, make some adjustments, stuff like that, which will most likely take me a few hours to do, but on track to have all the scenes done during this work session.

In fact, I think I'm just going to give the scene a quick skip through (holding control), looking for code errors, then continue into scene 3 (and later go back and do editing on scene 2). In short, things are moving along nicely!

I know it feels like I'm almost done, but there is still a lot of work to do with all the editing. I'm not ready to give a solid date yet, but again, as we get closer and start to finalize things, I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks for staying awesome!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 Progress Report #7 - MAY 3 @ 05:10 UTC (Task List)
Alright!!! Scenes 2 and 3 all done! That is all the new content in the game! Additionally, my first QC pass is also done for all the scenes, plus all the changes I had to make to get it to fit (that's what she said...?).

I've sent the new beta build out for editing, so now I'm pending the scene revisions, but I still have blinks to look forward too... so yay... can't wait...

Both scenes 2 and 3 went in buttery smooth, but scene 3 needed a lot more adaptation (as we are putting it somewhere completely different from where the Unity game has it). While the basic idea of the scene remains unchanged (CONTENT SPOILER: Morty being punished, and Beth teaching him about procreation, with sexy results), some of the stuff around it had to change (As it is going in a time before Wild Summer has even arrived).

These scenes have had more of a ripple effect then I wanted them to (zero ripple is my preference), and that is 100% my fault unfortunately. I have tried not to creep too far ahead of the Unity game, but alas, some relationships between characters are further along in the Renpy version than the Unity game. But also: I couldn't do things like include characters such as Wild Summer at the water park if I didn't move things forward.

So, once again, these new scenes ended up in the past.

This not my preference, as past scenes can be difficult for returning players to contextualize (why is this character hung up on that "thing", didn't we already get past this!? oh... it's in a day before that talk happened?... lame). But also, I'm working on a story out of my control, and some events just don't feel like they fit at the end of the current story.

While day and scene select have made finding the scenes easier, I don't know how players actually feel about this design choice. So, feel free to let me know. If past scenes are a major pain in the butt for you guys (or, you think they are fine (or, you don't care (or, you hate them with all your heart and they are ruining your life))), I'd love to hear about it.

Anyhow, end of the day for me, need a break, will be back at again tomorrow! Thanks for staying awesome!

FeartheGreat

Oct 31, 2020
At the risk of sounding like I'm shilling the hell out of this game and that I'm just a fanboy fangasming too much to the point of dishonesty, personally I don't mind if new scenes get re-organized into the past because this is one of the very few visual novels that I enjoy reading more than once. I have read quite a few and most of the ones that I have read all the way through are just a one shot deal for me. I'd say probably this and two others that are also slowly being updated over time I don't mind reading over and over. So yeah, way up there in my top three. I use updates as an excuse to just re-read the whole thing.

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
r3.8 Progress Report #7 - MAY 3 @ 05:10 UTC (Task List)
Alright!!! Scenes 2 and 3 all done! That is all the new content in the game! Additionally, my first QC pass is also done for all the scenes, plus all the changes I had to make to get it to fit (that's what she said...?).

I've sent the new beta build out for editing, so now I'm pending the scene revisions, but I still have blinks to look forward too... so yay... can't wait...

Both scenes 2 and 3 went in buttery smooth, but scene 3 needed a lot more adaptation (as we are putting it somewhere completely different from where the Unity game has it). While the basic idea of the scene remains unchanged (CONTENT SPOILER: Morty being punished, and Beth teaching him about procreation, with sexy results), some of the stuff around it had to change (As it is going in a time before Wild Summer has even arrived).

These scenes have had more of a ripple effect then I wanted them to (zero ripple is my preference), and that is 100% my fault unfortunately. I have tried not to creep too far ahead of the Unity game, but alas, some relationships between characters are further along in the Renpy version than the Unity game. But also: I couldn't do things like include characters such as Wild Summer at the water park if I didn't move things forward.

So, once again, these new scenes ended up in the past.

This not my preference, as past scenes can be difficult for returning players to contextualize (why is this character hung up on that "thing", didn't we already get past this!? oh... it's in a day before that talk happened?... lame). But also, I'm working on a story out of my control, and some events just don't feel like they fit at the end of the current story.

While day and scene select have made finding the scenes easier, I don't know how players actually feel about this design choice. So, feel free to let me know. If past scenes are a major pain in the butt for you guys (or, you think they are fine (or, you don't care (or, you hate them with all your heart and they are ruining your life))), I'd love to hear about it.

Anyhow, end of the day for me, need a break, will be back at again tomorrow! Thanks for staying awesome!
I like story continuity, and I can understand it is not easy to do. Putting scenes in the past to make them fit this renpy version is fine by me. I can't see any worthy criticism of what you (Night Mirror) have done so far, so as far as I'm concerned, please keep up the good work and do as you see fit.

I was wondering, prior to seeing this post, about the positioning of the three new scenes. In the unity version, it is obviously in the follwing order ... Morty and wild Summer, the two Summers, and then Beth and Morty ... but (sorry if you mentioned this already) it seems more logical that the two Summers scene should happen after the Beth and Morty scene. It makes more sense, I think, that Beth takes Morty to her room, to "punish" him, while wild Summer is still in the bathroom. Wild Summer then leaves the bathroom, horny, and thinks of Morty, hence she looks for him, but upon finding that Beth hasn't finished with Morty, she goes back to the Summers' bedroom, still horny, and this then explains why she is so keen to have fun with her other self.

Lastly, as one or two others have said, I'm happy for you to take time with the update. "Polishing" is never a quick process.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes