wadere

Jan 6, 2018
can't say i'm 100% happy with everything you said but you know, that's a me problem hahaha. other than that, my respect for you grew quite a bit more from your message.

fair, concise, you even answered everything i asked and more without falling into any of the traps that peoples can easely fall for (per exemple making promises they don't actually know if they'll even be there to keep them, the whole "future self being different" theme). don't really know what anyone else could ask that's actually relevant to the subject, and don't mean stuff like "how you feeling about x" or "when x".
i'll stop now, it's already getting long

anyway, i do feel quite better about this whole situation thanks to you, it's honestly a relief to know that if it comes to it the game will get an ending regardless, i guess it's kinda like getting to say goodbye to someone you loved before they departed to whatever the fuck "comes after" as opposed to waking up one day to news of their murder with everything left abruptly "unfinished" if that makes sense

so truly, thanks you for all your hard work. now i'll tone down all that shit called feelings because i can already see that fine line between praise and dick sucking and the latter is just cringe for everybody involved haha

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
I'm going to talk over my full plans soon~ish (next month if we still haven't had any updates) for the future of this project, but sadly, continuation isn't in the cards. I will (at least) conclude the game, but there are many reasons I'm not continuing this project without Ferdafs. For now I'll just hit the two main points here.

The primary reason I'm done when Ferdafs stops (and after I've put an ending on it) is that it just isn't something I really have a lot of interest in doing. Converting assets and script from one game to another is fun, and while it isn't "fast" the time requirement is far less than making those assets from scratch.

Going into full development mode for a game is a full time job, not a fun hobby. I already have a job and I enjoy what I do. It's flexible enough to let me take on fun projects like this one, and makes me enough income that I don't need to charge for my time on things like this. Full time development is FAR less flexible (I'd be on it 10 hours a day 7 days a week), and my income would be based on people donating (rather than charging for my time).

The second reason is art. Look, I'm not a good artist, I'm just not. I can edit, I can trace, I can reuse stuff, but I can't really make new things; a major requirement for, you know, making new art and adding it to the game. The ending is already going to stress my limited ability far more than I would like, continuing is just too far beyond my skill set. Even with a full time artist (which, I don't have), it is still a massive amount of work and time on my end (planning, writing, coordinating, implementing, testing, revision...ing).

Additionally, if I was going to keep creating, I'd choose my own story/game. Then at least I'd feel a lot less bad about monetizing it (to be clear, no plans to do my own game at the moment).

All that being said, while promising the distant future is always an iffy bet, if the Unity game just goes on a long hiatus, I would have interest in resuming my work on it in the future. Who knows what the actual case would be. No idea what future me is going to want, but at the moment it is something I would do.

As to someone else continuing the renpy project, I'm mostly indifferent. If someone want's to make a mod of my mod, go for it, I certainly did. Heck, they don't even need my permission! I'd suggest giving it a different title, and don't be a dick and claim all the works as their own and put it behind a paywall or something, but outside of that, sure, whatever.

The assets are all there in the release, so it's free for anyone to modify and improve on. They don't even need any special tools, the code is just plain text (lots of people already make changes to it in their copies of the game), art is just pngs (for the uncompressed files), nothing really special or encrypted of anything.

Lastly, while I am stopping if Ferdafs does, the "when" I stop is less... defined. The conclusion won't be a fast thing, I expect it to be months of work spread over several releases, but again, I'll talk more details next month if still no update from Ferdafs.
Thank you for your work , bro.

RM4ST3R

Dec 5, 2019
Hi, Trying to play in Joiplay always gives this error:

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/scripts/day_selector.rpy", line 713: invalid syntax
temp_day_name = f"Day {scene_select_display_day}: {current_day_name}"
^

File "game/scripts/sex_ui/sex_ui.rpy", line 4: u'roll_forward' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the screen statement.
roll_forward True
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Fri Sep 1 09:17:20 2023

please, there's any way to fix it? i wanted to play this version of the game since is really confortable and more now that found joiplay with Renpy's support for mobile, but idk if i'm messing something or need an especific configuration

HRPuffNStuff

Aug 22, 2023

^

File "game/scripts/sex_ui/sex_ui.rpy", line 4: u'roll_forward' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the screen statement.
roll_forward True
^

please, there's any way to fix it? i wanted to play this version of the game since is really confortable and more now that found joiplay with Renpy's support for mobile, but idk if i'm messing something or need an especific configuration
You are aware that there is an official Android port so you don't need to use JoiPlay, right?

I would try to extract the game again from the zip file and try to reinstall it in JoiPlay. Possibly a file did not extract properly.

HRPuffNStuff

Aug 22, 2023
I hope u can continue this story from here on even if the original game is abandoned its too much of a waste and i wish we can see the endings
You did read the post from OP literally three posts above yours were they say that they are not going to continue the game if it is indeed abandoned. At most they will do an ending to wrap things up.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018

^

roll_forward True
^

This is an issue with the version of python you are using and the renpy engine installed by jolplay. I don't use Jolplay, so I can't speak to how to fix it on your end, but both issues you listed only occur in renpy 7x. The game is in renpy 8x (and python3), so you must be using both of those for it to work. Possibly just an update of the Jolplay app is needed?

I do release an android version as well, so that may work better for you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RM4ST3R

TheRedWiseman

Sep 10, 2022
Came across an issue where Morticia's Deep Dive event doesn't play correctly when selected from the Mindblower. Instead it starts after the sex scenes and Morty and Morticia return to the BBQ scene and ending the day at the waterpark.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Came across an issue where Morticia's Deep Dive event doesn't play correctly when selected from the Mindblower. Instead it starts after the sex scenes and Morty and Morticia return to the BBQ scene and ending the day at the waterpark.
Thanks for letting me know! This issue has already been reported and fixed for the next update (whenever that happens...)

Reactions: TheRedWiseman

RM4ST3R

Dec 5, 2019
You are aware that there is an official Android port so you don't need to use JoiPlay, right?

I would try to extract the game again from the zip file and try to reinstall it in JoiPlay. Possibly a file did not extract properly.
to be honest i didn't saw the the android port... ffs me and my blind A... thanks btw

Reactions: HRPuffNStuff

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Project Future Plans

This is going to be the master post for me to direct people to when they have questions about where the game goes from here. I’ve formatted it like an FAQ, so you can hop to the section you're interested in (or read the whole thing if you want). I expect it to be a somewhat living post that will be updated as new questions come up, or I make progress on things, or our information on the Unity game changes.

While sections are in spoiler tags, there are no content spoilers here for anything (just long winded ramblings).

Forward (Skip)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Unity game tagged Abandoned! Is Ferdafs Really Done?!

Continuation (without Ferdafs)

Ferdafs Continuation!

Are you still doing/taking Requests?!

New Tags?

Ending Phases

Conclusion (On Hold?)

Conclusion (REMOVAL?)

Conclusion (When?)

Conclusion (Parts)

Conclusion (Who?)

Conclusion (Sex?)

Conclusion (Pregnancy?)

Conclusion (What?)

Conclusion (Where?)

Conclusion (Content)

Conclusion (Status)

After this is done, what project is next?!

If you have additional questions, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to answer (or even add them into the FAQ here). Thank you everyone for staying awesome!

Last edited:

Val4nce

Aug 2, 2022
Project Future Plans

This is going to be the master post for me to direct people to when they have questions about where the game goes from here. I’ve formatted it like an FAQ, so you can hop to the section you're interested in (or read the whole thing if you want). I expect it to be a somewhat living post that will be updated as new questions come up, or I make progress on things, or our information on the Unity game changes.

While sections are in spoiler tags, there are no content spoilers here for anything (just long winded ramblings).

Forward (Skip)

Continuation (without Ferdafs)

Ferdafs Continuation!

Ending Phases

Conclusion (When?)

Conclusion (Parts)

Conclusion (Who?)

Conclusion (Sex?)

Conclusion (What?)

Conclusion (Where?)

Conclusion (Content)

Conclusion (Status)

If you have additional questions, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to answer (or even add them into the FAQ here). Thank you everyone for staying awesome!
u said phase 1 is conclusion
what would phase 2 and 3 even be ?
also pregenancy ?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
u said phase 1 is conclusion
what would phase 2 and 3 even be ?
also pregenancy ?
The wrap up for this game will take place over three phases: Conclusion, Epilogue (and pregnancy), and Additional.
Phase 1: Conclusion
Phase 2: Epilogue (and Pregnancy)
Phase 3: Additional (anything else I want to add to the game)

Post edited to make it more clear.

LoodDood69

Jul 25, 2021
View attachment 1180733

Overview:
This is an unofficial ren'py fan remake of Rick And Morty - A Way Back Home by Ferdafs.
Play as Morty as he tries to find a way home through sexy adventures in another universe!
No sandbox! Expanded and extra scenes! Finishing choices for many sequences! New dialogue and story reworks!
Thread Updated: 2023-05-22
Release Date: 2023-05-21
Unity Developer: Ferdafs
Ren'py Developer: Night Mirror
Censored: No
Version: r3.8
Language: English
Length: 30+ Hours

Genre:

Genre Details:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes / FAQ:
Before asking about a tag please check Genre Details!

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - - - PIXELDRAIN
Mac: MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - - - PIXELDRAIN
Android:
MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - - - PIXELDRAIN

BUG FIX (r3.8.2): MEGA
Uncompressed Image Patch: MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - - - PIXELDRAIN

Extras:
Banners - Portuguese - Español - Italian - Russian

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1282268 View attachment 1282269 View attachment 1282270 View attachment 1282271 View attachment 1282272 View attachment 1282273 View attachment 1282274 View attachment 1282275 View attachment 1282276 View attachment 1282277 View attachment 1282278 View attachment 1282279 View attachment 1282280 View attachment 1282281 View attachment 1282282 View attachment 1282283 View attachment 1282284 View attachment 1282285 View attachment 1282286 View attachment 1282287 View attachment 1282288 View attachment 1282289 View attachment 1282290 View attachment 1282291 View attachment 1282292 View attachment 1282293 View attachment 2516418 View attachment 2516419 View attachment 2516420 View attachment 2516421
Honestly I didn't think I was going to be into it but the writing and dialog are top notch and I see certain call backs to the show albeit a lil bit changed like How Tricia wanted to fuck Summer's Dad now it's changed to "Summer I want to fuck your little brother" I genuinely laughed. Sad Space Beth hasn't been explore yet but so far the story is good and sex scenes seem genuinely hot. I hope it gets updated soon.

HRPuffNStuff

Aug 22, 2023
This is an issue with the version of python you are using and the renpy engine installed by jolplay. I don't use Jolplay, so I can't speak to how to fix it on your end, but both issues you listed only occur in renpy 7x. The game is in renpy 8x (and python3), so you must be using both of those for it to work. Possibly just an update of the Jolplay app is needed?

I do release an android version as well, so that may work better for you.
The fix is to install the updated JoiPlay app from the developers pat reon page. The one in the play store is super out of date.

Reactions: dking239
4.90 star(s) 96 Votes