KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
r3.5 Progress Report #3 - Dec 23 @ 09:30 UTC (Task List)
Alright, image re-capture and sorting completed. What should have taken me an hour or two turned into 6 instead, but got it done! Next up is image slicing! That will most likely take a day or two to complete, then on to actual scene work.

I think I've figured out the order that makes the most sense (at least to me) for the new scenes. They will all go on the same day (yet again), Day 37, so no need to back track to see the new story. You can check out the Task List if you're curious which scene is going where (it has spoiler text so you can still check progress without being spoiled if you want it to be a surprise).

Anyhow... on to slicing up a thousand images...
GJ mate, thanks for the update

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
Hi Night Mirror ,
As requested, I am posting the suggestion i saw in the other thread here. Dont know how to post in the request section. It wasn't linked in the OP and there is literally close to a 100 posts here with the word request here so not sure how to find the list, if there is one linked somewhere.

Actual Comment that had the suggestion (not mine, saw it in the unity thread and thought it would fit nicely here).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hi Night Mirror ,
As requested, I am posting the suggestion i saw in the other thread here. Dont know how to post in the request section. It wasn't linked in the OP and there is literally close to a 100 posts here with the word request here so not sure how to find the list, if there is one linked somewhere.

Actual Comment that had the suggestion (not mine, saw it in the unity thread and thought it would fit nicely here).
Requests just go anywhere in this thread, and I'll find them (most of the time). For future reference, the quick link to the Request List is in the OP, the first item under Developer Notes.

I've jotted the suggestion down in my notes to remind me when I get to her section. It will be the last scenes I work on, so it is days away from getting my attention, but I do intent to punch up the dialog in general, as I usually do.

Bionic Pun

Mar 26, 2021
Hi Night Mirror ,

I am honored by your forwarding of the idea. Hope it finds some purchase. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devilrv

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.5 Progress Report #4 - MAR 23 @ 12:30 UTC (Task List)
I've finished slicing Tricia's scene, it took about 3irsh hrs to do. Looking at the number of images, 2 scenes have a similar amount of images and 2 have twice as many. So, I expect all of tomorrow to be spent slicing and dicing and adding blinks (blinks are actually what takes the most time, since I have to draw them for every character in a scene (Tricia's blinks were especially a pain in the ass since she has eyelashes that move with her lids)). All of tomorrow (well more of today, wow it's almost sunrise here...) will be spent slicing!

In the unlikely event I finish all the image prep, I'll start in on the scene work tomorrow (haha, no likely). A good average is about 100 lines of text every two hours, this update is about 2,600 lines so 26 * 2 = 52ish hrs of programming work ahead of me (once the images are ready (and my monkey math says if I can keep pace that is about 40ish images an hour, 730ish scene images to go (not counting character work, that is WAY longer), so about 18ish hours of slicing tomorrow... yay, I can't wait...)).

This update also has a LOT of new characters to add in (some just new outfits, but a few new body types that will need a rig), so, more time on that.

Anyhow... I'ma go pass out for like 4-5hrs then get back to it.

Last edited:

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
Just writing to say thanks for going through the task of de-sandboxing a game that should have been meant for Renpy, Sandbox most of the times just does not work, it requires a much more complete framework to me and by the time is done, is like the author hadn't even realized what it would have meant, plus I can't stand how much slower Unity tend to be, slow startup, freezes when not in focus so you HAVE to watch it load, pure pain.
Sandbox can work I think, Something Unlimited can work as it is, I like Holiday Island, Amity Park I think is treading the line and probably could have been a VN.

Anyway, thanks for all the work and sharing it.

shittaste

Oct 6, 2018
i've been playing this for couple of days now, just wanna ask if the story changes if you skip/reject the sex parts? like the dialogue and such.

Nandanox

Apr 7, 2018
r3.5 Progress Report #4 - Dec 23 @ 12:30 UTC (Task List)
I've finished slicing Tricia's scene, it took about 3irsh hrs to do. Looking at the number of images, 2 scenes have a similar amount of images and 2 have twice as many. So, I expect all of tomorrow to be spent slicing and dicing and adding blinks (blinks are actually what takes the most time, since I have to draw them for every character in a scene (Tricia's blinks were especially a pain in the ass since she has eyelashes that move with her lids)). All of tomorrow (well more of today, wow it's almost sunrise here...) will be spent slicing!

In the unlikely event I finish all the image prep, I'll start in on the scene work tomorrow (haha, no likely). A good average is about 100 lines of text every two hours, this update is about 2,600 lines so 26 * 2 = 52ish hrs of programming work ahead of me (once the images are ready (and my monkey math says if I can keep pace that is about 40ish images an hour, 730ish scene images to go (not counting character work, that is WAY longer), so about 18ish hours of slicing tomorrow... yay, I can't wait...)).

This update also has a LOT of new characters to add in (some just new outfits, but a few new body types that will need a rig), so, more time on that.

Anyhow... I'ma go pass out for like 4-5hrs then get back to it.
I have a question not game related.
"r3.5 Progress Report #4 - Dec 23 @ 12:30 UTC" <- why is this dated 3 months ago? xD

Anyways, keep up the good work!
I actually completely stopped playing the original after i found your version, as it's so much better IMO.

Renrut

Mar 6, 2020
I know people are saying take out the horse stuff, but I'd love if it was dialed up. Just saying this incase you feel the horse stuff might be hated by all. Some of us like it and would welcome any additions/additional dialog. But I get it if it's not your thing and you just do a straight port.

Also you could really add a lot more incest dirty talk with the prostitute Beth. I feel Ferdafs left a lot on the table with that one. I'm really looking forward to what you might add. Especially mother daughter dialog, I was disappointed they never really acknowledged that. Beth is Morticia's mother too, and it was barely commented on.

But happy with anything you do, thanks for all the hard work! (pun intended)
CHUDS are not horses, they just have horse-looking faces. I wonder if we'll get kick back when Rick fucks a planet??

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Alright, I'm back at it! This isn't an official update because, getting back to it doesn't isn't much of an update.

Anyhow, some responses first...

got me thinking that you work for EA.
No, no, no, my work environment is way less hostile than EA's! I only beat myself a few times a day... (yes, you can take either meaning in that (also fuck EA)).

I know people are saying take out the horse stuff, but I'd love if it was dialed up.
Horse? Really?
As I've said in the past, my goal is not to remove, but enhance where I can. In the case of this content, I know it won't be for everyone (this game has some weird stuff in it (although, imo not really anything too extreme (and I don't kink shame (also, my tolerance for stuff is pretty open, very few things offend me and there is only a very small set of things I really don't care for (In short, pretty fucked up human (I am making this after all))))), and that's why I've put skip buttons all over the place to avoid content people don't want to see. Some people would like a branched path, but a lot of the time that is just too much for me to make.

So, the horse stuff. It will get some dialog enhancements (pretty much all scenes will) for sure get the usual incest punch up (and low mode for people that prefer that)). Nothing major leapt out at me during my playthrough of it. So other than some additional (optional) incestie stuff, no big alterations (yet, I'm still in the deep bowels of slicing, so maybe something will come to me when I start work on it).

i've been playing this for couple of days now, just wanna ask if the story changes if you skip/reject the sex parts? like the dialogue and such.
No, skip is not a branch choice (although in some small case it will omit mentions to a past scenes). Skip is a tool for you, the player, to avoid content you don't want to see. Full branching is beyond the scope of what I can make. Skip is the simplest option to let players see what the stuff they enjoy and avoid turn offs. For the vast majority of the time has no story impact and most skippable past scenes (I'm pretty sure) aren't really brought up again.

I have a question not game related.
"r3.5 Progress Report #4 - Dec 23 @ 12:30 UTC" <- why is this dated 3 months ago? xD

Anyways, keep up the good work!
I actually completely stopped playing the original after i found your version, as it's so much better IMO.
Whhhaaaaattt? I don't know... OH SHIT! Past me has escaped and is working to change the past and annihilate the future (again)!... Wait, no, I'm just an idot and used copy paste, thought the number "23" and three letters before looked about right, and said, eh, good enough it! When has copy paste every fucked me in the past?...

*cough*

Anyhow... corrected! Thanks for the spot!

Also, glad you are enjoying the remake, its been a pretty fun project to work on! (typing crazy replies like this is my favorite part! I don't know if anyone else likes the, but I like them)
omg im losing my shit im BEYOND excited for this !! might stop going on this thread for about a week to avoid spoilers but im super excited to play the game when im back <<3
I will do my best to add spoiler text tags to stuff when possible, but especially when it gets late (as my reply above can attest to) I tend to get stupid. I will do my best to avoid spoilers where I can. I can't speak to anyone else though.

Venyas

Jan 20, 2018
Alright, I'm back at it! This isn't an official update because, getting back to it doesn't isn't much of an update.

Anyhow, some responses first...

No, no, no, my work environment is way less hostile than EA's! I only beat myself a few times a day... (yes, you can take either meaning in that (also fuck EA)).

As I've said in the past, my goal is not to remove, but enhance where I can. In the case of this content, I know it won't be for everyone (this game has some weird stuff in it (although, imo not really anything too extreme (and I don't kink shame (also, my tolerance for stuff is pretty open, very few things offend me and there is only a very small set of things I really don't care for (In short, pretty fucked up human (I am making this after all))))), and that's why I've put skip buttons all over the place to avoid content people don't want to see. Some people would like a branched path, but a lot of the time that is just too much for me to make.

So, the horse stuff. It will get some dialog enhancements (pretty much all scenes will) for sure get the usual incest punch up (and low mode for people that prefer that)). Nothing major leapt out at me during my playthrough of it. So other than some additional (optional) incestie stuff, no big alterations (yet, I'm still in the deep bowels of slicing, so maybe something will come to me when I start work on it).

No, skip is not a branch choice (although in some small case it will omit mentions to a past scenes). Skip is a tool for you, the player, to avoid content you don't want to see. Full branching is beyond the scope of what I can make. Skip is the simplest option to let players see what the stuff they enjoy and avoid turn offs. For the vast majority of the time has no story impact and most skippable past scenes (I'm pretty sure) aren't really brought up again.

Whhhaaaaattt? I don't know... OH SHIT! Past me has escaped and is working to change the past and annihilate the future (again)!... Wait, no, I'm just an idot and used copy paste, thought the number "23" and three letters before looked about right, and said, eh, good enough it! When has copy paste every fucked me in the past?...

*cough*

Anyhow... corrected! Thanks for the spot!

Also, glad you are enjoying the remake, its been a pretty fun project to work on! (typing crazy replies like this is my favorite part! I don't know if anyone else likes the, but I like them)

I will do my best to add spoiler text tags to stuff when possible, but especially when it gets late (as my reply above can attest to) I tend to get stupid. I will do my best to avoid spoilers where I can. I can't speak to anyone else though.
I do like your craziness and I concur, fuck EA.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes