Apr 4, 2022
Do you think you could make the rape choices have more impact on the story ? At the moment it feels very inconsequential. Love your remake though, already such an improvement of the original !

Reactions: Night Mirror

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
1650119301280.png

Doing some house keeping today (while slowly slicing my mind away) and since the next update (r3.6) will be a full build only due to the major image/structure changes, it also felt like a good time to update Renpy as well.

The next release will be Renpy version 7.4.11 (from 7.4.4) as it appears to fix some of the issues Android users have been having with the last couple of releases (android man...). I've made sure not to let the render change, so, hopefully players will be mostly unaffected by this change.

Again, the biggest negative of the next update is going to be more save incompatibility, but hopefully this will be the last time for such a large impact. And at the moment I am planning to also release (again, not for android, sorry... although, it looks like there may be a watch to make patches for android now? I have to look into it some more) an uncompressed image pack for those that want it. I'm not far enough along to say how big it will actually be yet but my guess is around 1~2GB. Again, that will be an optional download, I'm really hoping I can get the main game under a 1GB.

Also, also, finally added links to translations to the main page, cuze I'm a dumb nub and didn't think about it before...

Anyhow... back to work...
Hey, just saying, these pants look really weird. There's basically an inch between crotch and waistband, the proportions are all off. I get the idea is to be sexy, but it just ends up looking like a mistake.

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Do you think you could make the rape choices have more impact on the story ? At the moment it feels very inconsequential. Love your remake though, already such an improvement of the original !
The short answer is probably not. This game can't really be a branching game (since I'm not writing the story, just adapting the content from the Unity game), so choices can only have a very minor impact on what's actually going on. Still, glad you are enjoying it!

View attachment 1760449

Hey, just saying, these pants look really weird. There's basically an inch between crotch and waistband, the proportions are all off. I get the idea is to be sexy, but it just ends up looking like a mistake.
Yeah, that's bugged me too. It's what the original model has and is actually in conflict with her underwear (which magically appears higher on her body when she changes between two). I'm fairly sure I could adjust it.

Edit:
HA! Actually, it was just a layering issue. When I made the standing models, I had to rebuild them all (one part at a time) and I accidentally put her chest element one layer above the top of her pants and just never double checked. So, fixed for the next update.

Last edited:

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Night Mirror you've unleashed a "monster".

Recently, you told me how to fix a problem by altering a bit of text, in one of the script/story files ... I realised when I was in there, that it would be easy for me to fiddle about with the character speech and expressions. Since then, I've been going through a few scenes and changing the dialogue in various ways, and in some cases extending the scenes. I won't bore you with all the details, but it has led to some funny little gems (I think), such as this one ...

y "Where's Morty?"
show bg s26_4_0208
b "He came ... I mean he went to bed"
show bg s26_4_0209
y "He has no stamina that boy."
show bg s26_4_0207
bw "Your [morty_yo]son has way more stamina than you can imagine!"
y "Pardon?"
show bg s26_4_0210
b "Where's the popcorn?"
show bg s26_4_0211
y "What- Oh..."
show bg s26_4_0212
b "Good night, Jerry..."

:sneaky:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Night Mirror you've unleashed a "monster".

Recently, you told me how to fix a problem by altering a bit of text, in one of the script/story files ... I realised when I was in there, that it would be easy for me to fiddle about with the character speech and expressions. Since then, I've been going through a few scenes and changing the dialogue in various ways, and in some cases extending the scenes. I won't bore you with all the details, but it has led to some funny little gems (I think), such as this one ...

y "Where's Morty?"
show bg s26_4_0208
b "He came ... I mean he went to bed"
show bg s26_4_0209
y "He has no stamina that boy."
show bg s26_4_0207
bw "Your [morty_yo]son has way more stamina than you can imagine!"
y "Pardon?"
show bg s26_4_0210
b "Where's the popcorn?"
show bg s26_4_0211
y "What- Oh..."
show bg s26_4_0212
b "Good night, Jerry..."

:sneaky:
And now you know why I enjoy making changes! Most of the time it's super easy to slip them in (that's what she said).

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
One wee thing, I just wanted to add ... having played with the day script texts, I've come to re-appreciate how easy it is to make silly mistakes when changing the code, and we all make mistakes (sorry Summer) ... the great thing about Renpy though, I've discovered, is that when you open it after making changes, it will not only tell you if there is an error, but it will tell you exactly which line it is and suggest why it's wrong, which is a cool helpful feature.

It's a long time since I did any programming/coding, but playing with the Renpy scripts takes me way back. In fact, It reminds me of going to night classes when I was a young teenager to learn "Basic". I was quite good at it, and it might have been better at it, if it wasn't for the fact that I was sat next to a gorgeous young blonde, with lovely big firm tits. *sigh* She was not unlike a young Beth, and way too distracting. :whistle:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
One wee thing, I just wanted to add ... having played with the day script texts, I've come to re-appreciate how easy it is to make silly mistakes when changing the code, and we all make mistakes (sorry Summer) ... the great thing about Renpy though, I've discovered, is that when you open it after making changes, it will not only tell you if there is an error, but it will tell you exactly which line it is and suggest why it's wrong, which is a cool helpful feature.

It's a long time since I did any programming/coding, but playing with the Renpy scripts takes me way back. In fact, It reminds me of going to night classes when I was a young teenager to learn "Basic". I was quite good at it, and it might have been better at it, if it wasn't for the fact that I was sat next to a gorgeous young blonde, with lovely big firm tits. *sigh* She was not unlike a young Beth, and way too distracting. :whistle:
One of the main reasons I like Renpy (and python) is how fast it is to track down programmatic errors (logical errors... well, I mean that's a whole different story). In addition to telling you the structural issues, the dev launcher also has (under actions) a button called Check Script (Lint) which has been very helpful in finding orphaned images, which might not throw an error. It won't find everything, but it's super helpful for me when I'm building patches (and making sure all the new images copied over).

Reactions: wibbled

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
WatsonTouya
So, it only just occurred to me today (because I'm a little slow) to ask, why not put the new positions in their own scenes? This way players get to see all of them, rather than having to choose just one (or roll back (or load a save (or replay))). I'm willing to help you find spot/write dialog/etc if needed. But, personally, I'd prefer more scenes over more options.

That being said, the way you are doing it is also fine, and if you prefer that, you can stick with it. But I thought it was worth mentioning...

Reactions: PlayboiHotshot69

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Update for Android Users!
If you're and Android (11) user and have had issues with the app installing/launching since these past updates, then this is for you! I've put out a r3.5.2 version with the latest Renpy update, which indicates that it should help you out here. This also includes the bugfixes as well from r3.5.1, but has no other content changes.

Check post #1 for the new files (and please let me know if they resolve your issue)!

WatsonTouya

Dec 17, 2019
why not put the new positions in their own scenes?
Because I can't write, boop. Also even if I could write, I still want the ability to choose/change positions in Ballfondlers, I like getting to choose those things in vidya gaems.

Feel free to ask any questions along the way about it and I'll respond.
This code works:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

but I'd like for the button action to be able to change the value of a "tsv". I tried it with:
but that just crashes the game. Also I can't get "text "Cum" size 40 yoffset 30" to display.

edit1:
oops. In the code:

I actually still used "SetVariable". It crashes either way.
: p

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Because I can't write, boop. Also even if I could write, I still want the ability to choose/change positions in Ballfondlers, I like getting to choose those things in vidya gaems.
It does mean missed content, but it is your addition. If you prefer positions in one scene over additional scenes, that's fine. As to the writing side of that, I have no trouble writing new scenes, I just can't draw them. So if you are interested in new scenes just let me know, I have a few for Morticia that I've done a bit of work for.

This code works:

but I'd like for the button action to be able to change the value of a "tsv". I tried it with:
but that just crashes the game. Also I can't get "text "Cum" size 40 yoffset 30" to display.

edit1:
oops. In the code:

I actually still used "SetVariable". It crashes either way.
: p
SetField is not being used correctly. The format for the function is SetField(variable, field, value), so it should be SetField(tsv, "do_cum", True).

Additionally, since you are preforming more than one action, you need to wrap it in either a (tuple) or an [array]:
Python:
    action (SetField(tsv, "do_cum", True), Return("#AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!"))
Just looking at the code, I don't see an issue with the text element, so not sure why it's not displaying. Would need to run the code to troubleshoot it, but my guess is a positioning issue (try ypos and xpos instead of yoffset)?

WatsonTouya

Dec 17, 2019
SetField is not being used correctly. The format for the function is SetField(variable, field, value), so it should be SetField(tsv, "do_cum", True).

traceback.txt

I already set the tsv in the script:
Python:
    menu:
        "test"
        "K.":
            $ sex_speed = 1
            $ tsv["do_cum"] = False
            pass

#Missionary Kiss Loop
label d_12_3_mission_kiss1:
    show bg s12_3_morticia_mission_kiss_loop with dissolve
    call screen sex_ui
    if tsv["do_cum"]:
        jump d_12_3_mission_cum
    jump d_12_3_mission_kiss1
Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
traceback.txt

I already set the tsv in the script:
Python:
    menu:
        "test"
        "K.":
            $ sex_speed = 1
            $ tsv["do_cum"] = False
            pass

#Missionary Kiss Loop
label d_12_3_mission_kiss1:
    show bg s12_3_morticia_mission_kiss_loop with dissolve
    call screen sex_ui
    if tsv["do_cum"]:
        jump d_12_3_mission_cum
    jump d_12_3_mission_kiss1
Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing.
It's not the initialization part that was incorrect, it's the way you are using SetField.
  • SetField("tsv["do_cum"]", True) - is what you have.
  • SetField(tsv, "do_cum", True) - is what it should be.
tsv is the variable you are operation on, "do_cum" is the field of that variable, and True is the value you are setting.

It's also perfectly fine to just make a new variable (like you are doing with sex_speed) instead. Then you can stick with SetVariable and use do_cum as a new variable.

I used tsv (temporary scene variable) as a work around for replay. I didn't want to make a lot of standalone variables, but as I have to re-initialize tsv in every scene it's used in anyhow, it was ultimately sort of pointless (and a bit too late to rework now).

Reactions: WatsonTouya
Mar 24, 2020
Man, I just came from the Unity versions thread.
I was annoyed that there was no Linux version, found the renpy version independently
on SVSComics, dowloaded it there, saw the message from Night Mirror to ask about any bugs on F95......
Got damn confused and then saw this thread here. What a road trip :ROFLMAO: .
I was just about to post there for my Linux brethren that there is a renpy remake, so no need
to bother with wine or anything. Guess I won't need to make that post anymore, lol.

Wish I had paid attention to the "similar threads" section......

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Man, I just came from the Unity versions thread.
I was annoyed that there was no Linux version, found the renpy version independently
on SVSComics, dowloaded it there, saw the message from Night Mirror to ask about any bugs on F95......
Got damn confused and then saw this thread here. What a road trip :ROFLMAO: .
I was just about to post there for my Linux brethren that there is a renpy remake, so no need
to bother with wine or anything. Guess I won't need to make that post anymore, lol.

Wish I had paid attention to the "similar threads" section......
Glad you found it, and hope you enjoy! While it's not a clone of the original, I have put a fair bit of effort into making it the best I can. And, don't worry, you're not the first to miss the similar threads section. But at least it sounds like you had a fun journey getting here :D

Reactions: AnotherAnon9999
4.90 star(s) 99 Votes