aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
I get this Error every time i try to skip a scene. Any workarounds?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/story/day_0015.rpy", line 971, in script call
    call skip_text(mcs.morti.t, "room") from _call_skip_text_27
  File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 866, in script
    $ track.t.new_event(title=title, sex=False)
  File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 866, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Character_Tracker' object has no attribute 't'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/story/day_0015.rpy", line 971, in script call
    call skip_text(mcs.morti.t, "room") from _call_skip_text_27
  File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 866, in script
  File "D:\VNs\RickNMorty\RMAWH-r3.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\VNs\RickNMorty\RMAWH-r3.8-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 866, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Character_Tracker' object has no attribute 't'

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Rick and Morty: Another Way Home (r3.8) r3.8
Thu May 25 12:32:59 2023
Errors have been reported. Pressing "Ignore" on the error screen should advance the skip for now.

Reactions: KamakaziPython

TheRedWiseman

Sep 10, 2022
Thanks for the thoughtful feedback on prose! It’s a large aspect of what I’m thinking about while working (actually THE biggest thing…), always happy to hear someone weigh in. So, I tend to agree that overall (not specific to one scene) I’d like to see a bit more variety in vocab, specifically in narration. It’s a tough balance, because without limitation, I easily fall into the trap of overwriting a bit too much (which is my weakness that NM helps keep in check).

For me, the sweet spot is a little more, but not too much. I’m less stuck on the “narration should sound like Morty” thing, and more worried about the large amount of people who enjoy the game but have English as their second language (if the forum is any indication). If we don’t impose a limitation somewhere, those people would probably have a difficult time with the prose that comes naturally to me, and I don’t want that. I usually find myself simplifying on my own before Night Mirror has to tell me, because I know where his tolerance level generally is, and I agree I can’t get too flowery. Despite the limitation, I do really try my best to avoid falling into a game-wide cliche, but… there’s also only so many ways to describe sexual acts before you get into more abstract language… which I don’t mind doing, but at the same time, I understand that more unique prose in sex scenes doesn’t always translate to wide sexual appeal. I was raised off of a healthy diet of literotica/fanfiction, so my tolerance is higher, but I know what I like isn’t necessarily the norm, at least outside of the niche subculture of (predominantly female) writers on Fanfiction.net

Usually, I try to find the unique momentum/dynamic of a sexual encounter and pull that story to the forefront so that each scene feels like it stands on its own. Sometimes a scene is more pleasure focused, and you get a bit more description, sometimes it’s more mental, and you get some internal dialogue, and sometimes it’s more of a conversation. I also try to give each girl their own sexual traits which helps set them apart from the others. For example, Wild Summer didn’t originally have the trait of stronger internal muscles, or a breeding fetish, but it felt right when you look at her character. Beth gets more motherly/mature language, while Morticia is more cute and cuddly. There’s also the challenge of the birth control system, because it exists as an opt in choice, there’s usually an incentive in most scenes to tease impregnation risk… I say challenge because there really *is* only so many ways you can do it, and while I’m happy to go there (I like the kink) it’s work to keep it fresh.

Anyway, thanks again, always happy to talk the nitty gritty about this aspect, that’s where my head is usually at when I’m working.
Oh, my pleasure! I love writing so much that i have a habit of pointing out the fallacy of some mistakes and interject my two cents on them. Not necessarily out of spite just critiquing a work that can and should be appraised for quality control even it doesn't necessarily call for it but still good feedback none the less for consistency sake and improvement. Some take too much liberty with incorrect verbage and broken English that takes away from the immersion a bit to too much. I can't abide by that and i feel it is my obligation to at the very least make a note of it and give examples and explanations to validate the criticism rather than being the typical fan (some whom have no business criticizing people's work as a means of tearing down aspiring writers and convertly insulting the creators) and just make arguments with no real substance or reasonable accommodation for the content simply because it doesn't fit the way THEY would've done it themselves. I like the idea of constructive criticism but there is a limitation where i draw the line at blaming the writers and programmers (because it's not fair for us creators and nor is it fair for the fans) as it would reduce morale and motivation. Nobody wants that.

So I'm more than happy to critique someone's work so long as it is welcomed and not shunned or (in some worse cases) rejected out right for one reason or another. As I've said, I've been following Night Mirror (and subsequently yourself as well) for a few years and i thoroughly enjoy the work and wish to help in some small way. Even if it means I can't commit fully to the endeavor as i once did for my other projects.

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Quick tuppence worth ...

I've not played all the new update yet, but I have at least glanced at all the new content, and played some of it.

I don't have any criticisms. This version keeps improving on Ferdafs'. The much better interface (such as Mind Blowers, Do Over, Day Selector, etc) make the game so much more fun to play than the clunky Unity based original. I way prefer a linear story, too, and this version does a great job of making it such. Also, I approve and appreciate all the dialogue changes, that make it sexier, and again more linear. For example ... I found the new Beth and Morty scene a little bit boring, in the Unity version (sorry Ferdafs, just being honest), but in this version, the dialogue changes make it a lot more stimulating. Also, I think the choice of where to put it, to fit with the current linear story, was spot on, I couldn't have chosen better.

So, many thanks for a great update. Keep up the good work.

P.S. Taking a bit more time doing the update, although a bit blue balling, was worth it, I think.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
is the bugfix for r3.8 for the skipping issue in several scenes. Looking over the code (and VCS notes), I'm pretty sure this must have been a late night change, one that I thought, remember to go finish it in the morning, that just never happened.

Hraske

Oct 24, 2022
Two of the biggest bugs I've found in this version [so far] are this in case you're interested, great work as always & tank u very much for the port~
  • almost every time whenever there's a choice, the game skips over the very last dialogue / textbox before said choice; also choices need to be pressed twice
  • spoilers for anyone who's not played the game yet;
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Two of the biggest bugs I've found in this version [so far] are this in case you're interested, great work as always & tank u very much for the port~
  • almost every time whenever there's a choice, the game skips over the very last dialogue / textbox before said choice; also choices need to be pressed twice
  • spoilers for anyone who's not played the game yet;
First one is news to me, did you by chance download the patch file before it got taken down and then download the skip fix, or did you grab the full game and then the skip fix? An example would be great.

As for the second one, yeah that was on my to-do list outside of my full game pass… got lost in the shuffle of all the stuff that needed to be worked on to get the update out. The idea of turning those skips into a choice is newish. I’ll focus on those first for next update, thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: Night Mirror

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
Still playing through the current update, as I wanted to play the whole thing again from start to finish. Loving it, though there are still a number of references to the sleep scenes despite selecting end; I understand it's hard to catch them all though. I know Night Mirror doesn't really get to decide what's in the game, but wouldn't it be cool if Morty became more intelligent? For me, part of the fun of the game is that it allows Morty to grow and became a more confident, likable, and better person. But he's still pretty dumb, and I just think it would be nice for him to change in that manner too.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
almost every time whenever there's a choice, the game skips over the very last dialogue / textbox before said choice; also choices need to be pressed twice
I can't reproduce this issue, using either my mouse or keyboard, a single press activates the choice menu correctly. Also, I'm not clear what you mean by "skips over the very last dialogue / textbox", could you give me a specific example of what you mean, and a place where this is happening for you?

a good bit of the first few portions of dialogue that depend on whether you molested/raped Summer & Beth always act as though you did it, no matter whether you actually did it or not. I've double checked, reloaded saves to make sure I don't do anything at the earliest opportunity there is, used the "do-overs", yet nothing seems to fix this
The game has 450 thousand lines of dialogue, and while I know it pretty well, a specific location where you are encountering this would be very helpful in correcting this issue. Also an example of the text in question is usually helpful in this case too.

Thanks for helping us find and fix these bugs! We do our best to get them all, but it's a big game!

wouldn't it be cool if Morty became more intelligent?
Morty being a bit slow is a major aspect of his character, but I do understand the desire for him to be... less dumb, sometimes. He is the player avatar, the way in which players experience the game. When he does something the player wouldn't, that doesn't always feel great.

Case in point, I found him to be very whiny in the Unity version and opposed to sex with his family, having to always use points as his motivation. But as the player, that was never how I felt, so I was always at odds with the character motivation.

Long rambling way to say, this isn't a no, but it is a tricky aspect to change.

Can you get beth or summer pregnatn?
PREGNANCY:
This game features 4 scenes with pregnancy content:
  • 1 Scene in which the MC gets a Sex doll pregnant and it has his baby (no visual pregnancy)
  • 1 Scene in which the MC gets 1 side and 1 background character visibly pregnant (also includes lactation)
  • 1 Scene where the MC can gets 1 side character pregnant (with belly) and has a baby with them.
  • 1 Scene where the MC can that offspring (grown up) pregnant too.
Additionally, there is the option for the player to ask some of the girls to take or not take birth control. There are mentions throughout (depending on what the player picked) where girls may talk about becoming pregnant after the MC has had sex with them.

At the current point in time, it is not possible to get other girls pregnant as that content does not yet exist in the Unity game.

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
Morty being a bit slow is a major aspect of his character, but I do understand the desire for him to be... less dumb, sometimes. He is the player avatar, the way in which players experience the game. When he does something the player wouldn't, that doesn't always feel great.

Case in point, I found him to be very whiny in the Unity version and opposed to sex with his family, having to always use points as his motivation. But as the player, that was never how I felt, so I was always at odds with the character motivation.

Long rambling way to say, this isn't a no, but it is a tricky aspect to change.
This is why you've made such a great version of this game: you really understand the player experience. Thank god that in your version Morty loves his family and wants to go all the way with them because of that. I have a habit of creating saves when I really enjoy a moment, and I make a save every time he and Morticia kiss...

PJT590

Jun 28, 2020
hi there everyone, I just stumbled on this game and I was hoping for a save file. Does something like this available?

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
hi there everyone, I just stumbled on this game and I was hoping for a save file. Does something like this available?
Hi, so not actually necessary for this game. You’re not unlocking anything via a save. The gallery is unlocked by default and there is a day/scene selector so you can really choose to be wherever you want. If you sneak right to the end of the current content you’d just be given a prompt to play the latest day. No grind or anything to skip either. So if you’d like the story just click new game or if you just want sex scenes click mindblowers pick a girl and go to town.

Reactions: PJT590
Jan 2, 2019
The main sex animation are video and shouldn't really have playback issues on any device. Some animations are 2-4 frame dissolves, which will appear slow and jerky (instead of smooth) because they are only 2-4 frames of animation. I can't really improve video playback if you are having issues with it... it's video.
So what can I do to fix it, can you tell me if you know something? pls

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
It is unlikely I'll really be able to do much about this. If I can't see the issue, troubleshooting is pretty much impossible.

The only thing that comes to mind on your end could be a webm codec issue (the format videos are encoded in), which you'll need to google how to fix (if it is the issue). I've attached one of the video files, you should be able to download and play it back (or play it in browser) and see if it has the same issues.

If there is a specific video that has the problem, let me know and I can check to see if I see it on my end.

Again, these are not very processor intensive, so they shouldn't have playback issue. If it isn't a codec problem, my next guess is most likely hardware, which I can't do anything about.

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
It really depends on what the issue is. If you’re sensitive to the framecount in the animation, then there’s nothing that can be done. If it’s video playback, then maybe it’s some codec or hardware issue?

My hard read of the situation is that you’re advancing the dialogue fast, every time there’s an expression change an animation will reset. If you’re a really fast reader it may come across as stuttery due to this, does the problem persist if you slow down/stop advancing?

Hraske

Oct 24, 2022
I can't reproduce this issue, using either my mouse or keyboard, a single press activates the choice menu correctly. Also, I'm not clear what you mean by "skips over the very last dialogue / textbox", could you give me a specific example of what you mean, and a place where this is happening for you?
So I'm using the universal ren'py mod & seems it was an outdated version by a month or two. It's never caused that before, so I forgot to check before posting the bug, I am very sorry. Updating it fixed it.

First one is news to me, did you by chance download the patch file before it got taken down and then download the skip fix, or did you grab the full game and then the skip fix? An example would be great.

As for the second one, yeah that was on my to-do list outside of my full game pass… got lost in the shuffle of all the stuff that needed to be worked on to get the update out. The idea of turning those skips into a choice is newish. I’ll focus on those first for next update, thanks for the reminder.
I redownloaded the whole game, since the last version I had was 3.6. To clarify, I'm talking about the events where you do have the option to not molest them, not just a skip option. So Summer's 2nd event, "sleep", you can choose "molest? y/n" & the dialogue reflects that, not just as a skip. And for Beth it's her 1st event in the do-overs, the sleep one as well, you have the option to not do it.

The game has 450 thousand lines of dialogue, and while I know it pretty well, a specific location where you are encountering this would be very helpful in correcting this issue. Also an example of the text in question is usually helpful in this case too.

Thanks for helping us find and fix these bugs! We do our best to get them all, but it's a big game!
So it seems like this was already known by aaronminus, but I'll still give some additional info that might make fixing it faster. Using the universal ren'py mod, you're able to see paths & their conditions & such. So whenever there was supposed to be different dialogue depending on whether in the past you chose to sleep molest/rape Beth & Summer, it always returned true. Can't see the whole code, and cannot open the code file itself to try to debug it myself since it's too big, but I'd guess that the only reason this happens is because their sleep molest/rape flags automatically get set to true no matter what you do. The do-over's also don't seem to fix it, so either they aren't set for these events, or there's something setting them to "true" even after the events are days over.
Of course, I don't know whether that's actually causing it, but hopefully it'll help a bit.

Reactions: aaronminus
4.90 star(s) 99 Votes