Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
figured out that loading straight to the panel before this one allow me to progress, however if I rollback (mousewheel or pageup) & then try to get to it it breaks again - in other words I can only see it first time through
this is the exact line btw
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
when working correctly, meaning a fresh load, it just gives Tricia's line "You wanna invite your other sister to join us?"; when breaking it gives the error I posted last time
Issue is: rolling back after losing an old save. Game checks the state on load and fixes if incorrect. Rolling back undoes the correction. Options, don't roll back after loading an old save. Or hit ignore on the error. Or go to do over page. Go to wild summer, toggle incest setting back and forth.

Reactions: This_douche

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 Part 4 & 5 Status: PART 4 RELEASED!
PART 4 Release Date:
JAN 5th 2024!
PART 5
Release Date: FEB 5th 2024!

PART 4 Task List

PART 5 Task List

Progress Report #8 JAN 5 @ 16:40 UTC
Progress Report #7 JAN 4 @ 23:15 UTC
Progress Report #6 DEC 29 @ 01:20 UTC
Progress Report #5 DEC 27 @ 02:20 UTC
Progress Report #4 DEC 25 @ 02:40 UTC
Progress Report #3 DEC 19 @ 02:10 UTC
Progress Report #2 DEC 11 @ 23:30 UTC

Progress Report #1 DEC 7 @ 17:35 UTC:
I'm going to try something a bit different this time around (and going forward). Since most of my time is spent on the next, next update, I'm going to include progress information both in this post, and both or either, in progress reports. I'm going to color code them, because (I can) the names are not descriptive and it is easy to get confused with just numbers.

The next release will be Part 4 targeted for Jan 5th 2024. It is currently in editing, so most updates about it will come as aaronminus sends me revisions. We're going to try something slightly different this time around and do revisions in sections. This is instead of the whole scene changes at once at the end, allowing for more rounds of back and forth, and slightly less stress on my end.

I do have one last major task for Part 4 and that is the code merge. Obviously I can't build future content in the main project, because I'd have to somehow strip it out for release, so it has it's own project where I do the development work. After an update comes out (and I don't have to rush out a fix for some major issue), I merge in the new bits to bring it up to the latest version. This isn't that hard (I literally have an IDE and code repository designed for doing exactly this), but I do have to get it done.

For Dec, much of my focus will be on Part 5. There is a lot to do, stating with some additional writing, and then into blocking (the process of working out character standing locations and general art requirements). Along the way I'll also start producing some of the art the scene will need (trying to do at least 1 element a day).

I did break a scene in half here (with Part 4 and Part 5 previously being one release), so Part 4 (and Part 5) will be shorter than Part 3 was, but I mean "length of content" isn't really a great metric of enjoyability. Hopefully I won't have to do it again, hard to know the future.

I'm not sure if people want/care about slightly more frequent progress reports, or about me talking about an update that is months away, but I'm gonna give it a try and you can enjoy or ignore as you like!

Anyhow... thanks for staying awesome!

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hey do you plan at any point to rework some of the older scenes you added to the original game?
Very, very unlikely. All my focus is ending related, so anything outside that is pretty much a "nope". Was there something specific you had in mind?

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021
Very, very unlikely. All my focus is ending related, so anything outside that is pretty much a "nope". Was there something specific you had in mind?
The scene where Morticia and the 2 summers are watching Beth and Morty. Always wanted that scene to go a little further lol

Val4nce

Aug 2, 2022
r3.8 Part 4/5 Status: IN PROGRESS
PART 4 Release Date:
JAN 5th 2024!

PART 4 Task List

PART 5 Task List

Progress Report #1 DEC 7 @ 17:35 UTC:
I'm going to try something a bit different this time around (and going forward). Since most of my time is spent on the next, next update, I'm going to include progress information both in this post, and both or either, in progress reports. I'm going to color code them, because (I can) the names are not descriptive and it is easy to get confused with just numbers.

The next release will be Part 4 targeted for Jan 5th 2024. It is currently in editing, so most updates about it will come as aaronminus sends me revisions. We're going to try something slightly different this time around and do revisions in sections. This is instead of the whole scene changes at once at the end, allowing for more rounds of back and forth, and slightly less stress on my end.

I do have one last major task for Part 4 and that is the code merge. Obviously I can't build future content in the main project, because I'd have to somehow strip it out for release, so it has it's own project where I do the development work. After an update comes out (and I don't have to rush out a fix for some major issue), I merge in the new bits to bring it up to the latest version. This isn't that hard (I literally have an IDE and code repository designed for doing exactly this), but I do have to get it done.

For Dec, much of my focus will be on Part 5. There is a lot to do, stating with some additional writing, and then into blocking (the process of working out character standing locations and general art requirements). Along the way I'll also start producing some of the art the scene will need (trying to do at least 1 element a day).

I did break a scene in half here (with Part 4 and Part 5 previously being one release), so Part 4 (and Part 5) will be shorter than Part 3 was, but I mean "length of content" isn't really a great metric of enjoyability. Hopefully I won't have to do it again, hard to know the future.

I'm not sure if people want/care about slightly more frequent progress reports, or about me talking about an update that is months away, but I'm gonna give it a try and you can enjoy or ignore as you like!

Anyhow... thanks for staying awesome!
got 2 questions

what was part 1 ?
like i think i just forgot an update or something
part 2 was where morty gets shoot at the end
and part 3 was the new update with tricia
what was part one tho ?

and second

didnt u say just a few days ago that publishing the amount of updates left would be a spoiler ?
" For spoiler reasons, we aren't saying what that number is. "
so what made u change ur mind about that ?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
what was part 1 ?
I went back and forth on if it should start at "part 1" or "part 2". In my brain, "part 2" made more logical sense, because while it doesn't say it (because I didn't know it would be back in May) version number (r3.8 Part 1) the "part 1" of 3.8, is just 3.8, the first release of that version.

In hindsight, and now that more parts are out, I sort of wish I had started with Part 1 (of the conclusion). But, I mean, nothing I can really do about it now...

Of course, if Ferdafs does suddenly return and keep going, then the parts all go out the window anyhow...

I dunno, there's never a right answer...

didnt u say just a few days ago that publishing the amount of updates left would be a spoiler ?
" For spoiler reasons, we aren't saying what that number is. "
so what made u change ur mind about that ?
Again we don't want to give out the total number of planned parts, but I have two options on talking about what I'm working on. 1. I don't talk about it at all (not really fun for me, and people... like? being kept in the loop). Or 2. share a bit ahead, but not the whole thing. And still not talking content spoilers.

In the case of Part 4 and Part 5, they were originally just Part 4, but since I split it in half (due to size) it's now become two updates. So, technically, I'm still sort of just talking about the "next" (as originally planned) update. Although, going forward (unless people hate it), I do indeed plan to give progress reports on current and next updates up until the last one. Again, to keep people in the loop, as the communication aspect of this project has always been very important to me.

villany

Dec 8, 2018
I just love that, while every other girl's arc is resolved in a single patch, Summer us the one, who's arc of becoming Morty's girlfriend, seems to be an overarching story across all patches. It's better make it worth it by having their confession be more passionate and less short than the other girls (who, while also take their time to confess, focus way too much on lust part than love part, constantly brushing aside sentimentals in favor of just fucking).

Val4nce

Aug 2, 2022
I went back and forth on if it should start at "part 1" or "part 2". In my brain, "part 2" made more logical sense, because while it doesn't say it (because I didn't know it would be back in May) version number (r3.8 Part 1) the "part 1" of 3.8, is just 3.8, the first release of that version.

In hindsight, and now that more parts are out, I sort of wish I had started with Part 1 (of the conclusion). But, I mean, nothing I can really do about it now...

Of course, if Ferdafs does suddenly return and keep going, then the parts all go out the window anyhow...

I dunno, there's never a right answer...

Again we don't want to give out the total number of planned parts, but I have two options on talking about what I'm working on. 1. I don't talk about it at all (not really fun for me, and people... like? being kept in the loop). Or 2. share a bit ahead, but not the whole thing. And still not talking content spoilers.

In the case of Part 4 and Part 5, they were originally just Part 4, but since I split it in half (due to size) it's now become two updates. So, technically, I'm still sort of just talking about the "next" (as originally planned) update. Although, going forward (unless people hate it), I do indeed plan to give progress reports on current and next updates up until the last one. Again, to keep people in the loop, as the communication aspect of this project has always been very important to me.
oh than i just misunderstood the "4/5"
like "4/5" implies to me that there are a total of 5 parts and u are currently working on the 4. maybe "4+5" would have made it more obvious

also at this point after seeing the amazing quality of ur own ending if ferdafs continues i personaly think u should keep ur ending and just include the scens from ferdafs at another place (or maybe epilog) in the story

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
like "4/5" implies to me that there are a total of 5 parts
Good point, hadn't noticed. Change to "4 & 5"

also at this point after seeing the amazing quality of ur own ending if ferdafs continues i personaly think u should keep ur ending and just include the scens from ferdafs at another place (or maybe epilog) in the story
In the (again, very unlikely) event that Ferdafs continues, the ending wouldn't get scrapped, just put on hold (still accessible via the MB, and possibly still in the game as it's own day or something). But we are talking unknown future here, there are too many unknowns for me to say specifically what the plan would be.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes