Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I doubt it, most of the side characters are probably gonna be forgotten.
Sadly due to the nature of where things are, there are too many characters with too many open ended stories. I can choose to give lots of characters (that I personally don't really care about), a small amount of time in a very rushed setting to finish their uneven stories. Or a few characters (that I do care about) more time. Obviously, I picked the latter.

Interestingly about Tricia's mom, she is one of the very few characters that had nude parts for her standing model in the unity version. Most characters I had to make the nude parts. None of the nude models are actually used in the unity game (I... Think? It's been a long time since I "played" the original), but the parts are there for whatever reason. It does seem that Ferdafs most likely head plans for her, but we'll most likely never know...

Anyhow... As I've said before, it's not where I'd want to end the game, but it's what I have to work with.

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
Sadly due to the nature of where things are, there are too many characters with too many open ended stories. I can choose to give lots of characters (that I personally don't really care about), a small amount of time in a very rushed setting to finish their uneven stories. Or a few characters (that I do care about) more time. Obviously, I picked the latter.

Interestingly about Tricia's mom, she is one of the very few characters that had nude parts for her standing model in the unity version. Most characters I had to make the nude parts. None of the nude models are actually used in the unity game (I... Think? It's been a long time since I "played" the original), but the parts are there for whatever reason. It does seem that Ferdafs most likely head plans for her, but we'll most likely never know...

Anyhow... As I've said before, it's not where I'd want to end the game, but it's what I have to work with.
i dont mind seeing them as bonus scenes

Reactions: cooties69

Nopeman1029

May 28, 2020
In relation to upcoming plans for it, check the pregnancy section in future plans post.

We aren't giving spoilers for any of the upcoming content. The future plans post does talk a little about all the characters we plan to give time to. I can confirm that Jessica is including in the ending (beyond what we've seen of her so far), but we aren't sharing any details, you'll just have to wait and see.
Thanks for the response. Didn't check the genre section, that's my bad.

Also totally understand about not saying anything about the ending, I just wanted to know if anything had already been said that I hadn't checked. Like I said, I am lazy.

Hope you have a good day!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #3 DEC 19 @ 02:10 UTC:
Part 5 -
I've finished the majority of the primary art for part 5 (there are a few items still up in the air that I'm not sure if I'm going to do or not). The last big things on the table are animations. For part 5, there are two planned animations, but I'm not sure if I want to do them (as opposed to making them statics, or implied motion (dissolve between 2-3 frames to make it seem animated)).

Animations are a LOT of additional work and time (about 5x what it takes me to make a normal image), and I'm just not very good at animating in general. So, I'm not sure they are worth the extra effort for subpar results. Still, I have a lot of time to make them (Part 5 won't be out until Feb 5th, and they can be one of the last things I do, but I'd rather not keep putting them off (because then they won't get done)). I'll see how I'm feeling about them another day.

Part 4 - A big thanks to Iceloo, who reached out to me to provide some artwork for an item on the request list. As I've said before, not all characters are going to make it into the ending and one of those is Reka, who Morty just hasn't spent that much time with. Iceloo has made some excellent art for her Furry scene back in day 30, expanding it with some new additional content for her.

The xray stuff from Part 3 was provided by Iceloo, so a big thanks for helping with the art on this project!

While this is an item from the request list, it doesn't mean I'm taking or filling requests at the moment. I had to spend very minimal time on this (writing it and implmenting the art), but I want to keep my focus on the ending.

Anyhow... thanks for staying awesome!

cxvii

Mar 29, 2022
I dont understand how to update the game from 3.8 to 3.8p3 on my android. it says that it conflicts with my intial 3.8 game file and this juxtaposes to what im teying to do, anyone know how to fix this or to update the game on android? Screenshot_20231219_112610_Package installer.jpg

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vilewe7570

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I dont understand how to update the game from 3.8 to 3.8p3 on my android. it says that it conflicts with my intial 3.8 game file and this juxtaposes to what im teying to do, anyone know how to fix this or to update the game on android?
I don't know if there is a better solution, but I've run into this issue as well. So far the only way I've gotten it to work, is uninstall the previous version, but this sadly wipes out all the data too. Next step is googling for an answer about side loading not updating, but last I looked it didn't seem to have a great answer either.

Reactions: ARMARATRON

ARMARATRON

Apr 23, 2021
I do not recommend doing upgrades, fresh starts are the best thing to this kind of games... for example in sumerTimeSaga old saves causes a lot of issues, that is why I think the ¨do over¨ option is fantastic.... so use it....

I dont understand how to update the game from 3.8 to 3.8p3 on my android. it says that it conflicts with my intial 3.8 game file and this juxtaposes to what im teying to do, anyone know how to fix this or to update the game on android?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I do not recommend doing upgrades, fresh starts are the best thing to this kind of games... for example in sumerTimeSaga old saves causes a lot of issues, that is why I think the ¨do over¨ option is fantastic.... so use it....
That is one of the reasons that "do over" option and "day selectors" exist (originally built as tools for me to quickly set the game state and test things). But it is a hassle to reset everything with each update. Saves (for the most part) should be stable release to release, as it always sucks to lose saves.

Again, I wish I had a better solution here, but I have very minimal control over the APK output. It is literally just a button I press and renpy builds it. Still, it is frustrating that it's no longer working how it used to (on android 12 this wasn't a problem).

ARMARATRON

Apr 23, 2021
Hey Night Mirror I just want to declare that this is not a complain(my last comment);
yes, there is no better solution!!(practically) not because fu*ki*g google and their DRM, tracking and monopoly bulsh*t.
the point here to be amazed about is:
NM is just 1 dude and he has found a solution, where with others bigger teams, there is none.
yes I know he has had help from others... but this solution was his...right?

Reactions: Night Mirror

TheRedWiseman

Sep 10, 2022
I dont understand how to update the game from 3.8 to 3.8p3 on my android. it says that it conflicts with my intial 3.8 game file and this juxtaposes to what im teying to do, anyone know how to fix this or to update the game on android? View attachment 3187047
I have it on mine. The solution I've found was uninstalling the old version and delete it from the Android directory by moving the downloaded file to the rash and permanently deleting it and restarting your phone. The old file that you downloaded is saved into your phone even though you uninstalled it, it's a third party application so you need to manually remove it to fully remove the old version. Once you restart and run the installer, the new version should apply the game since Night Mirror only puts out the full game version and not have Update Patches for Android like they do desktop versions.

Make sure you have enough space for the new file too as that can congest the download too as I've found out. Best to backup the videos and pictures if you don't then redownload them once the game installs fully.

Hope this helps.

cxvii

Mar 29, 2022
I have it on mine. The solution I've found was uninstalling the old version and delete it from the Android directory by moving the downloaded file to the rash and permanently deleting it and restarting your phone. The old file that you downloaded is saved into your phone even though you uninstalled it, it's a third party application so you need to manually remove it to fully remove the old version. Once you restart and run the installer, the new version should apply the game since Night Mirror only puts out the full game version and not have Update Patches for Android like they do desktop versions.

Make sure you have enough space for the new file too as that can congest the download too as I've found out. Best to backup the videos and pictures if you don't then redownload them once the game installs fully.

Hope this helps.
So If I uninstall manually on 3.8 version and restart my phone, and open the 3.8p3 apk file it transfers my save files and updates the game?

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
I dont understand how to update the game from 3.8 to 3.8p3 on my android. it says that it conflicts with my intial 3.8 game file and this juxtaposes to what im teying to do, anyone know how to fix this or to update the game on android? View attachment 3187047
Android saves should be stored in
Android/data/com.nightmirror.rmawh/files/saves/
Backup before uninstalling and restore them after reinstalling.
Do to security changes with newer versions of Android you may need a decent File Manager or connect the phone to pc to access this folder.

cxvii

Mar 29, 2022
Android saves should be stored in
Android/data/com.nightmirror.rmawh/files/saves/
Backup before uninstalling and restore them after reinstalling.
Do to security changes with newer versions of Android you may need a decent File Manager or connect the phone to pc to access this folder.
damn I just learnt this too late, I litterally went full speed with the auto widget and speed run the content up to day 39 lmfao

Reactions: vilewe7570

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I'm starting in on pose work for Part 5 (later than I wanted, but whatever...), and decided that I want a couple of extra images in a few places (not uncommon). As I've talked about before, my art skills are... not good, so I very often (always) pick an existing image/animation in the game and modify (copy/trace) over that with whatever I want to do different.

A while back I found a great tool that lets me dump images out of a scene in the Unity game, modify them, and stick them back in (call Texture_Replacer). For static images this isn't that helpful, but for animations it can be great for say condom removal, or adding an expression not in the original (I recently used it to add clothes to Summer/Morty during the BJ in the school bathroom).

It is also helpful if I want to take a whole character out of an animation to get a specific pose. In the case, where I need a reference of Morty laying down. While I'm not going to share the context of the final image, or what is happening (no spoilers, it is just an existing still from the Unity game), I did find the results hilarious, and thought I would share them:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyhow, we are working away on stuff. Part 4 is on track for Jan 5th. Thanks for being awesome!

Miketyson123

Nov 16, 2021
All right so I'm very confused. So are there now more scenes and contents? Because the most recent download I have for this game is back in May. Is there now more stuff? Can someone explain it to me? Because I don't know anything about all these parts

Foxeen17

Jul 30, 2023
Ok, idk if someone already ask this (cuz i don't want to read like 250 pages), but... there is like a game archive where i can get the older versions of this game? cuz i want the most updated version of 32-bits to play in my trashy pc (yeah, i dont want to buy a pc just for playing this), if someone can help me with that im gonna be happy!

Reactions: Bojackmlp

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Ok, idk if someone already ask this (cuz i don't want to read like 250 pages), but... there is like a game archive where i can get the older versions of this game? cuz i want the most updated version of 32-bits to play in my trashy pc (yeah, i dont want to buy a pc just for playing this), if someone can help me with that im gonna be happy!
This site doesn't really do "Archive" files, usually only the latest version. While I do have all previously released versions of the game as backups, I'm hesitant to put them out and cause confusion as new releases.

So... instead I made a downgrade patch for 32Bit. You can download it , instructions inside on how to install it. I'm not likely to maintain the patch going forward, no testing beyond checking that the game loads.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes