wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
There are one or two minor things that I think could be improved with the character drawings. One that has been bugging me a bit is the shape of the female groin area. Currently, it just looks a bit wrong. I have done a quick example to show you what I mean, and how I think it could look better. I'm curious though. Say you wanted to change this, would you need one character drawing, that you can then use in different scenes, i.e. you superimpose them onto the backgrounds, or would you need the whole scene redrawn with background too? I remember you mentioning that you are not happy with the Morticia hugging scene. I think I could maybe work on that if you want. If I remember, there are two scenes where the drawing could be improved, especially the one where they hug in Morty's room. I can have a go at doing that and let you see the result as soon as I've done it. Meanwhile, here's the example of "groin improvement" ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

P.S. this was just a quick rendition to show you what I mean. If I was doing it for real, I'd take a bit more time on it, and add a little bit of shading.

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
A typo I spotted ...

I assume you'd like these pointed out, so they can be corrected. Also spotted a mix up with the dialogue in the breast pump scene ...

Dialogue corrections made! And yes, I'd certainly love for more people to let me know when they find errors! Well, I mean, I'd love for there to be no errors, but haha, that's never going to be the case.

Issues corrected for the next update. Let me know if you come across anymore. Thank you again for spotting them :LOL:

There are one or two minor things that I think could be improved with the character drawings. One that has been bugging me a bit is the shape of the female groin area. Currently, it just looks a bit wrong. I have done a quick example to show you what I mean, and how I think it could look better. I'm curious though. Say you wanted to change this, would you need one character drawing, that you can then use in different scenes, i.e. you superimpose them onto the backgrounds, or would you need the whole scene redrawn with background too? I remember you mentioning that you are not happy with the Morticia hugging scene. I think I could maybe work on that if you want. If I remember, there are two scenes where the drawing could be improved, especially the one where they hug in Morty's room. I can have a go at doing that and let you see the result as soon as I've done it. Meanwhile, here's the example of "groin improvement" ...
This looks like a standing model, which is displayed in games as a "layeredimage". This means any part that changes or moves is it's own layer. Here is an example of Beth's "body" parts (and a hat) that are used in the final game:
beth_c.jpg
Adding/editing parts is very straight forward, literally just replace the old one and it will update for the whole game.

For the groins, they didn't really exist for the standing models (Beth doesn't have one I could find). In fact, I had to make a lot of characters nude models since they don't exist in the original game. Playing through the unity game, you might notice the camera always stays above the belt when these models are naked and on screen and only shows more when it's a static or animated image. So I had to add them for pretty much every character.

Fun fact, Beth's groin is actually from Summer's model. It's in the wasteland costume Summer wears to the Pumpkin Dance (but is never shown in the unity game). You can see the groin midway down on the right of the image, below a stocking:
texture_01 #3009.jpg
That same groin is also used for Jessica and a few other characters. Tricia's nun outfit is the other groin art that shows up, and is also used by Morticia.

If you want to give the groin a redesign, go for it!

I'm also happy to look at any other art you think can be improved.

Here's another drawing of Tricia Lange that I made. Let me know your thoughts.

View attachment 1251333
The character proportions, pose (summer's wiggle from Lawn Mower Dogs), and likeness all look very good, she matches fairly well with her show counterpart.

My only critiques would be that the background wall (pattern is a bit strange, and the top doesn't match perspective) and fire (the blue outline doesn't fit) look a bit off. But overall, great work!

Last edited:

ReaperMania

Aug 8, 2020
Will you be keeping the request list up-to-date on which scenes will be implemented in the game? Just wondering. If they can be added I mean :)

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Will you be keeping the request list up-to-date on which scenes will be implemented in the game? Just wondering. If they can be added I mean :)
While I won't update the list image daily, I will update it often as work is completed or added. As to what will be added and when, that is a bit trickier.

If it's on the list it has a chance to go in the game. Remember the list is not a promise to put it in, just a list of requests people have asked for so that I don't have to endlessly re-search through the thread. Not all scenes in the list can or will be done. Stuff with all new art is the least likely to be worked on, because, again I'm not an artist, my ability to make new scenes is very limited.

For the spanking scenes you requested, as I said my initial response, they are unlikely to go in any time soon. They are new scenes not edits and I don't think I have the art skill to make them. r4.0 in September would be the soonest to expect them if I get art help to make them.

ReaperMania

Aug 8, 2020
While I won't update the list image daily, I will update it often as work is completed or added. As to what will be added and when, that is a bit trickier.

If it's on the list it has a chance to go in the game. Remember the list is not a promise to put it in, just a list of requests people have asked for so that I don't have to endlessly re-search through the thread. Not all scenes in the list can or will be done. Stuff with all new art is the least likely to be worked on, because, again I'm not an artist, my ability to make new scenes is very limited.

For the spanking scenes you requested, as I said my initial response, they are unlikely to go in any time soon. They are new scenes not edits and I don't think I have the art skill to make them. r4.0 in September would be the soonest to expect them if I get art help to make them.
That is perfectly fine. Just try your best :)

Reactions: Night Mirror

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Dialogue corrections made! And yes, I'd certainly love for more people to let me know when they find errors! Well, I mean, I'd love for there to be no errors, but haha, that's never going to be the case.

Issues corrected for the next update. Let me know if you come across anymore. Thank you again for spotting them :LOL:

This looks like a standing model, which is displayed in games as a "layeredimage". This means any part that changes or moves is it's own layer. Here is an example of Beth's "body" parts (and a hat) that are used in the final game:
View attachment 1251321
Adding/editing parts is very straight forward, literally just replace the old one and it will update for the whole game. In fact, here is her authoring file I use for body parts if you (or anyone) want to play around with it:

Mega

I did convert it into a psd file (I don't use photoshop, fuck adobe), but it should work... I hope.

For the groins, they didn't really exist for the standing models (Beth doesn't have one I could find). In fact, I had to make a lot of characters nude models since they don't exist in the original game. Playing through the unity game, you might notice the camera always stays above the belt when these models are naked and on screen and only shows more when it's a static or animated image. So I had to add them for pretty much every character.

Fun fact, Beth's groin is actually from Summer's model. It's in the wasteland costume Summer wears to the Pumpkin Dance (but is never shown in the unity game). You can see the groin midway down on the right of the image, below a stocking:
View attachment 1251372
That same groin is also used for Jessica and a few other characters. Tricia's nun outfit is the other groin art that shows up, and is also used by Morticia.

If you want to give the groin a redesign, go for it!

I'm also happy to look at any other art you think can be improved.

The character proportions, pose (summer's wiggle from Lawn Mower Dogs), and likeness all look very good, she matches fairly well with her show counterpart.

My only critiques would be that the background wall (pattern is a bit strange, and the top doesn't match perspective) and fire (the blue outline doesn't fit) look a bit off. But overall, great work!
It will take me a bit of time to "unpack" this info, but I think I can hopefully work with what you've told me. In the next day or so, I will play about with the images. I will probably reconstruct the character design using layers in Photoshop and then see what I can do to improve it if possible.

Side note: Two days until the new season of Rick and Morty starts. I'm super excited. :D

Reactions: PlayboiHotshot69

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
It will take me a bit of time to "unpack" this info, but I think I can hopefully work with what you've told me. In the next day or so, I will play about with the images. I will probably reconstruct the character design using layers in Photoshop and then see what I can do to improve it if possible.

Side note: Two days until the new season of Rick and Morty starts. I'm super excited. :D

As always no rush, just let me know if you need clarification on anything. Now that you've brought it up, I might have a go at trying to clean up the groin area for a couple characters.

Also, yes, fucking hyped for S5!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
wibbled

Alright, I made an update to Beth's groin, similar to your suggestion. I also had to edit a few of her outfits which no longer matched the change, but I agree that her original one looked bad.

I actually did find an alternate groin image for Beth (I'm not sure which animation it's used for originally), with a design I like much better. Unfortunately it has some issues for using it in her standing model (see image in spoiler).

First is size, it is way bigger than the standing model, so it has to be scaled down. This has the issue of making the lines much thinner and not matching with her character outline. While I tried re-drawing the outline at the correct size (2.5 to 4), this lost a lot of detail (and just looked really ugly). I looks even worse because her model is further reduced in size for the game. It's skin tone is also slightly off, but that's easy to fix.
I might give it another try again tomorrow to make it work, cuze I do like this version a bit better (more unique), but I'm also not holding my breath that I can get it to work.

Anyhow... Let me know what you think. Thanks again for the input and suggestion!

Edit:
Yeah, I spent most of the morning trying to make it work and the alternate just has too many issues (mostly with clothing). But still, I think the other update is fine for now, can always give it another go later on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grelk and wibbled

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
I think the show writers have seen this VN. The end credit scene in the new season 5 premier. Looks like Beth is up for a bit of spit roasting and DP ...

Last edited:

pMsX7dhS

Aug 18, 2020
Thanks for your work!
One requst, can you please add some random music on background like in all other renpy novels? This silence driving me crazy

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Thanks for your work!
One requst, can you please add some random music on background like in all other renpy novels? This silence driving me crazy
Glad you're enjoying the game!:D

So... music (and sound). The short answer is most likely no. The longer answer is... maybe? I personally don't like sound in my visual novels and usually turn it off. But more than a few people have asked after sound/music which means I'm considering it and thinking about how I could do it, and there are a few scene I do think could be enhanced with sound or music.

If I did go about putting in sound for this game, I'd want to use music and sounds that matches the tone of the scenes. I feel that adding random music would be detriment (people would quickly turn it off, so what was the point in adding it). If I'm going to go through the time and effort of including and sourcing music and sounds, I'd like them to at least be impactful.

Which brings me to the reason that adding music isn't likely to happen, getting the music. I'm not going to use any music with a copyright on it. I simply don't have the skill to make my own music. And while there are lots of sound libraries with free to use music, that's a lot of time listening to music I'm not familiar with to find a few tracks I think fit. It would possibly take more time just sourcing the music then it took to remake the whole game.

And I am still adding "new" content to the game outside of what Ferdafs brings with each update. So I have to choose what things are most important to work on. Sadly, music simply isn't a great skill I have, so it is a low priority for me.

As I've said, it's not impossible. I will reach a point where there are no scenes I want to extend and possibly then I'll start looking into sounds and music more seriously. But for now, the best I can do is suggest playing your own music. Sorry :(

Reactions: pMsX7dhS
4.90 star(s) 99 Votes