Dec 13, 2020
good stuff playboi. you have more art like this like a link to anything that you would post your art on cus your art is exelent
I have a DeviantArt page but I haven't posted there in weeks.

Edit: Just updated my page.

Here's the link:

Last edited:
Reactions: mare222

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
when is the next update :WaitWhat:
Seems like Ferdafs release goal is the 30th of June for the Unity version. If that happens, then based on past content, it will most likely take me a week to move it into Ren'py. So, r3.0 around July 7th~ish? Which is where I guessed it would be, early July. The next update after that (r4.0) in early September based on Ferdafs 2 month release window.

r3.0 might be sooner than July 7th, it might be later (I'm not going to kill myself to get it done), but I won't know for sure until I have the new content and start working on it.

I'll do it as quick as I can but sadly no magic button to just transfer it.

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
I did see your "like" on the post (there's not always a need to reply, so don't worry on it too much). But, just to be clear, Beth is getting the visual update to her groin for her standing model in the next patch. There were just two possible version and I decided version 1 (the one without the visible clit) looked better and had less changes to existing clothes. So, yeah, that update is because you suggested it :D

There are actually two of them hugging that I don't really like (most of "my" art I don't like, but these stand out the most whenever I'm replaying):
View attachment 1269312 View attachment 1269313
The first image is my least favorite (in the whole game) and I feel I need to just throw it away and try again. It's one of the early images I tried drawing and this image is riddled with issues. While the second image doesn't bother me as much, I still really don't like it. The perspective and model (for Morticia) are just off. I think it's because I used Morty's head as a reference and that makes her look weird (no quiet the right shape and missing a neck). Plus her body feels wrong... Yeah, I just don't like it either...

In any case, feel free to try and do better on either if you like (no need for a background). If you can get to it, awesome! If not, it's in my list to try and clean up in future.

Same here. That's why I picked programming as a profession and writing as a hobby, because if dyslexia wants to try and hold me back it can go fuck itself!
I love literature, and would love to read and write more, but it is hard when you have to keep rereading stuff all the time.

I can definitely see the problems with the Morticia hugs. Don't beat yourself up though, figure drawing takes a lot of practice and knowledge of the human form to get it right. I am no expert, but figure drawing is one thing I do like doing. I've studied it a bit in the past and am currently learning as much about it as I can. I think I could come up with a couple of slightly better poses, but I will need to take my time more than an accomplished artist would. I will need to study the characters a bit more, draft a pose, and then render it in the appropriate style and line quality. I think I can do it, so I will definitely try.

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
So ... I had a go at the 2nd hug (as you pictured them) last night, and I have come across two issues. The first is the pose. Currently, the way it is, Morticia's body is in an unnatural position. It's not really likely that we would be able to see her face and backside at the same time. So either her head needs to be turned more towards Morty so that we don't see much of her face, or her lower body needs to turn so that we are seeing it more side on. Also, with them being the same height, it's hard to make a pose where we can see both faces, but I could maybe figure out something that would work. A more sideways pose for both of them might work better. What I might try later, is to do a couple of sketches, of what I think are better poses and post them here to let you see and decide.
The second issue is, that if I work on the images in 1080p or 720p resolutions, it's hard to keep the lines smooth. Generally, it's better to work on much larger resolutions, and then shrink them down to size when finished. This is not so much of a problem if I redraw the images from scratch, but it makes it hard to edit and manipulate the current images, without getting slightly pixelated rough lines. If you have high-res images of Morty and Morticia that I could work on and edit, that would help, but if not, then I can always redraw them at higher res, it would just take a bit longer, but probably not that much longer tbh, and in the long run might be better, as that way I can save the redrawn images as high-res, and possibly reuse them later, if need be.

Edit: I just did a quick sketch of a pose that I think works better. There is not a lot of difference. The main things are Morty is turned a bit to the side, and Morticia more so, especially her hips, so her bum is visible from the side, rather than the back. Also tilting Morty back slightly, makes the head positions a bit better I think. Again, this is just a sketch to see what the pose looks like, and to see if you like it. One thing I might have to adjust is Moticia's height. In my sketch she looks significantly shorter than Morty, but when I draw it properly I think I can compensate for that a bit, perhaps have her leaning in a bit more and/or having slightly bent legs. Saying that, a lot of people might not notice the height difference change from scene to scene, but I Like to try and get it right. The proportions in my sketch are slightly off too, but I'd fix that in the proper image.

Untitled-11.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayboiHotshot69

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
So ... I had a go at the 2nd hug (as you pictured them) last night, and I have come across two issues. The first is the pose. Currently, the way it is, Morticia's body is in an unnatural position. It's not really likely that we would be able to see her face and backside at the same time. So either her head needs to be turned more towards Morty so that we don't see much of her face, or her lower body needs to turn so that we are seeing it more side on. Also, with them being the same height, it's hard to make a pose where we can see both faces, but I could maybe figure out something that would work. A more sideways pose for both of them might work better. What I might try later, is to do a couple of sketches, of what I think are better poses and post them here to let you see and decide.
The second issue is, that if I work on the images in 1080p or 720p resolutions, it's hard to keep the lines smooth. Generally, it's better to work on much larger resolutions, and then shrink them down to size when finished. This is not so much of a problem if I redraw the images from scratch, but it makes it hard to edit and manipulate the current images, without getting slightly pixelated rough lines. If you have high-res images of Morty and Morticia that I could work on and edit, that would help, but if not, then I can always redraw them at higher res, it would just take a bit longer, but probably not that much longer tbh, and in the long run might be better, as that way I can save the redrawn images as high-res, and possibly reuse them later, if need be.
When I'm drawing from scratch I typically do stuff at 4k (3840x2160), and shrink it afterwards. If I'm editing then it's whatever size the original is. In the case of the 2nd hug, I used a reference image in much the same pose, scaled it up and drew it larger, so here is the working file (with layers and stuff) at 4k:

It doesn't have to be this pose. As I've said in the past one of my many failings in art is posing. If you think there is a better one go for it!

Reactions: Grelk

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
When I'm drawing from scratch I typically do stuff at 4k (3840x2160), and shrink it afterwards. If I'm editing then it's whatever size the original is. In the case of the 2nd hug, I used a reference image in much the same pose, scaled it up and drew it larger, so here is the working file (with layers and stuff) at 4k:

Mega

It doesn't have to be this pose. As I've said in the past one of my many failings in art is posing. If you think there is a better one go for it!
Cool, I just DLed that file. Thinking about it, I'd probably be better to just redraw it myself, but that image is good for reference, thanks.

You may have missed it, did you see the edit I added to my last post, with a test sketch of what I think is a slightly better pose?

Edit: Just had a look at the hug pic you sent me. I see that you used a screen cap to base it on, and that it has the same problem with the body being twisted too much. Just goes to show, the animation artists on the show, could do with a bit more "anatomy study" too. :D

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Cool, I just DLed that file. Thinking about it, I'd probably be better to just redraw it myself, but that image is good for reference, thanks.

You may have missed it, did you see the edit I added to my last post, with a test sketch of what I think is a slightly better pose?
I think the pose looks much better in your sketch.

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
I think the pose looks much better in your sketch.
Cool. I need to adjust the body proportions slightly, and the fact that they don't look the same height, when technically they should, is triggering my OCD, but most casual observers probably wouldn't notice it. I have a couple of other things to do first, as soon as I'm done, I'll have a go at doing the image properly, and post it here when I have.

P.S. I was thinking I could add a bulge in Morty's trousers/pants, for fun ... I'll maybe do two versions, one with and one without, to see which you prefer.

Last edited:

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
r3.0 Status - In Progress
Target Release Date: July 9th

Task Details:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

July 2nd - First Post:
Alright, I have a copy of the game and I'm getting started on it. First task, this post and image extraction. Image extraction can run in the background while I'm writing this, and there is not much to do but wait for it. I'll also need to sort the new images (file diff them really, but still some manual sorting), but that can happen later tonight.

Once the images finish and I post this, it's on to text extraction. This is a long semi boring process where I use an OCR script I wrote to pull the text out of the new scenes. The speed of the process depends how many new dialogue lines there are, but it's 5 seconds per click. The time is long to account for transitions and such. I tested making it faster but I got poor results.

This task usually accounts for all of my first day of work, but I'll also try to get started on the first scene. For now my goal is to have it all done by next Friday, if it starts to slip or go faster this post will let you know! There is now also a link to it in the OP to help people find it easier.
Can't wait to see the next update, but if you can't finish the work right on time then we can wait a bit longer for you to have a bit more time to polishing and fix all the bugs

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Maybe she need a wider hips? In the original art her ass looks great.
One issue with this VN, is that the characters are not consistent between scenes. In standing scenes, the body shapes are pretty much like the TV show, skinny with very little shape to them, but in the sex scenes, the bodies, especially the female one, become more curvy and buxom. I'd prefer them to have more consistency, but this is the way Ferdaf has done it, and unless Night Mirror changed a lot of images, he has to work with this. The hug that I am redrawing suffers from this a little. On one hand, it needs to be consistent with the other standing scenes, but it looks better (IMO) with some curves added, so it's a compromise.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Spotted a mistake in the text of Ferdaf's new update. I'm pretty sure it should be "backside" and not "front side" ...

Yeah I spotted a bunch of mistakes and typos while I was text capturing. Will fix as many of them as I can (and add in my own mistakes for good measure!) while I'm implementing the scenes.

VelocityRyuga

Feb 15, 2020
Will this mean no Morticia scenes in the new update? It would seem obvious to assume so, but one can only hope. The characters in the latest update aren't really the ones I like, but I'm eager to play it regardless. Good luck Night Mirror, don't over do yourself xD

• Sad
Reactions: Grelk

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Will this mean no Morticia scenes in the new update? It would seem obvious to assume so, but one can only hope. The characters in the latest update aren't really the ones I like, but I'm eager to play it regardless. Good luck Night Mirror, don't over do yourself xD
Well...

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes