Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I can't wait when there will be an update
Soon(tm)

Learning how the api works probably wouldn't be worth the time unless a lot of people used this.
If someone wants to make a mod, sure, but very, very unlikely to be something I'd make part of the main game.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #7 FEB 26 @ 09:30 UTC:
I'm moving forward with the last steps I need to do for release. I don't have an exact time frame, but it will be today (the 26th). I'll keep you all posted as the final steps start to happen.

Sadly, revisions are still pending, but I've held off as long as I can. If they arrive before I start uploading the RCs they'll go in. If not, I'll put them into the next update.

As I've said previously, there will be 2 scenes for this release. First is the part 5 content (because it's largely completed). Second is the new content from Ferdafs (which is just one scene).

For the new content, I've had some issues capturing the images this time around. My current production environment is not where I normally build the project, and for some reason all the captures (video and images) look bad. I tried several capture methods, but the problem remains. I'll do a re-capture of them for the next update, but for this one they will look a little ugly. At the moment, it's the best I can do.

For the ending, keep in mind that while part 5 doesn't conclude the ending, it will be the last one for possibly a long while. I am re-evaluating how to continue on the ending, and while I do still intent to have it completed, I'm unsure of the time frame. Also, in the next update (from Ferdafs (whenever that happens)), the ending will get a slight change, splitting it onto it's own "floating" day so that new content can easily go before it. Story impact is still be worked on, but it will be very minor (for now, depending on what happens in future scenes from Ferdafs).

Anyhow, thank for staying awesome!

Hraske

Oct 24, 2022
Progress Report #7 FEB 26 @ 09:30 UTC:
I'm moving forward with the last steps I need to do for release. I don't have an exact time frame, but it will be today (the 26th). I'll keep you all posted as the final steps start to happen.

Sadly, revisions are still pending, but I've held off as long as I can. If they arrive before I start uploading the RCs they'll go in. If not, I'll put them into the next update.

As I've said previously, there will be 2 scenes for this release. First is the part 5 content (because it's largely completed). Second is the new content from Ferdafs (which is just one scene).

For the new content, I've had some issues capturing the images this time around. My current production environment is not where I normally build the project, and for some reason all the captures (video and images) look bad. I tried several capture methods, but the problem remains. I'll do a re-capture of them for the next update, but for this one they will look a little ugly. At the moment, it's the best I can do.

For the ending, keep in mind that while part 5 doesn't conclude the ending, it will be the last one for possibly a long while. I am re-evaluating how to continue on the ending, and while I do still intent to have it completed, I'm unsure of the time frame. Also, in the next update (from Ferdafs (whenever that happens)), the ending will get a slight change, splitting it onto it's own "floating" day so that new content can easily go before it. Story impact is still be worked on, but it will be very minor (for now, depending on what happens in future scenes from Ferdafs).

Anyhow, thank for staying awesome!
wait Ferdafs only added one scene in the new version? huh
I really wonder if they're'll be any answers as to why they were gone so long, hopefully nothing bad happened

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #8 FEB 26 @ 11:25 UTC:
I have finished all my checks and am building the RCs as I type this. After they are done, I'll start uploading them. Once that is done, I'll download them (well, the PC one at least), check it one last time, and start the release process. Unless I find a major issue, game should be live in the next hour~ish.

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
Progress Report #8 FEB 26 @ 11:25 UTC:
I have finished all my checks and am building the RCs as I type this. After they are done, I'll start uploading them. Once that is done, I'll download them (well, the PC one at least), check it one last time, and start the release process. Unless I find a major issue, game should be live in the next hour~ish.
REJOICE

Keen01

May 5, 2020
wait Ferdafs only added one scene in the new version? huh
I really wonder if they're'll be any answers as to why they were gone so long, hopefully nothing bad happened
It's one Event with multiple scenes, like the update with Planetina.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Some saves are buggered, no big deal.

View attachment 3387684

Thank you for this update, played the Unity one yesterday - it was a pain ;)
Yeah, I do my best not to impact saves, but sometimes there isn't anything I can do. Saves at the start of day 30 are most likely broken, as some of the new scene rolled over into it, but most other days should~ be okay? Sadly there isn't much I can do to "fix" them. Renpy doesn't expect past scenes to change... but, uh, I mean, when I have to put content in the past, scenes change...

sumaran

Apr 10, 2023
Yeah, I do my best not to impact saves, but sometimes there isn't anything I can do. Saves at the start of day 30 are most likely broken, as some of the new scene rolled over into it, but most other days should~ be okay? Sadly there isn't much I can do to "fix" them. Renpy doesn't expect past scenes to change... but, uh, I mean, when I have to put content in the past, scenes change...
It seems the start of day 30 is broken, even using the Day Selector :unsure:

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes