Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
The duality of man.
Like it says in the book: "Same things make us laugh, make us cry."
Big Smoke OHHHHHH.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As I said it could be A CANON EVENT but I'm personally not thrilled by the whole idea (same with MC being everyone's dad).

Don't get me wrong, they're good theories but they create too many paradoxes in my book and that kinda zaps my enjoyment to an extent (let's say 10%).

Nonetheless I'm pretty certain Jestur can pull it off and make it enjoyable anyway.

Reinhardo

Mar 13, 2023
Gaslighting instead of expressing my genuine disagreement...interesting... then let me be more specific:

You said:

this style of exposition dumping and wasting dev time on making animations for things which could do without them just because some people think they are "immersive"

I disagreed with this POV when I posted, among other things, that I enjoy Jestur's writing style and his use of animations.

This, IMO, is part of what makes Ripples so good and yes - immersive - to me.

This was my favorite chapter and the attention to detail, including all the animations, gave it a level of immersion that I greatly enjoyed.

I felt that Justur used exposition well and, in a story this complex, I expect something close to the level of exposition found.

I certainly want Jestur to continue in this vein, using exposition where he feels he needs to review or share knowledge for the benefit of the viewer and including a high density of animations where he wants scenes to carry extra weight or be extra special.

The sexy times with Khloe and Valerie, as well as the extended sexy time with Scarlett were Outstanding, and I am amazed at how well Jestur did with the animations, Especially given that this is using Honey Select 1 to achieve this.

We are now keeping track of multiple versions of the same people in two timelines as well as two versions of Darci, a Skylar who appears to have traveled in time at least once + 2 factions of people in the past and the present who are battling over time itself.

Exposition is key to ensuring that the viewer continues to understand 'what' is happening versus executing something akin to the famous 'Who's on First' skit done by Abbott and Costello.

So - yes, we have differing POVs about the necessity of the level of the exposition and the benefits of all the animations in creating an immersive experience.

I'm happy to embrace Jestur's vision for Ripples, the level of exposition he feels he needs to best tell this complex story and the density of animations he's chosen to include to create the level of immersion he wants his viewers to enjoy as they dive into his creation.

If part 2 is as good as this most recent chapter, IMO, it will be exceptional!

Cheers!!
Exposition, when done the right way, is fun and engaging. However, exposition that is presented without care for dramatics and pacing rarely feels natural. For example, in the Darci scene at the beginning of the update, when she goes from not believing the MC to suddenly acting like a ninja, we didn't get to see her receiving the message about her mom being kidnapped, nor how her perspective changed so dramatically. Instead, we have a character chosen by the developers to dump information on us at every turn. Then, suddenly, she is sent alone to gather information and voila—she comes back with more info to share, making whatever we did, like posting posters of her mother, feel like a useless waste of time. Maybe it all feels good and fun to you, but to me, it does not. My views on Jestur using way too many animations for unnecessary things remain the same. Some minority, like you, might be smitten by them, but let's do a poll and see how many would actually prefer door-opening animations instead of, you know, the things that matter, like some Darci POV to make sense of how she suddenly starts acting the way she did. Cheers!

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 313 Votes