VN Ren'Py Rise Again [v0.12] [DirtyDynamics]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Dirtyboness

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
HS2_2022-09-09-23-51-01-722.png

Overview:
You play a man freshly awakened without memories of how he got to this place and who he was before.
Remake yourself as you interact with the other people who inhabit this strange place.​

Thread Updated: 2022-09-27
Release Date: 2022-09-27
Developer: DirtyDynamics - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.12
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

Other: COMPRESSED*

Extra: Cheat mod*

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

HS2_2022-09-11-03-26-44-011 - Copy.png HS2_2022-09-11-22-25-22-852.png HS2_2022-09-11-23-02-19-462.png mk_room3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneRanger11

Jul 3, 2020
Rise Again 0.1
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021

Behavior System: Game will log which choices you make or don't make to build a personality for your character and use that to determine what options you will or will not have in the future, potentially forcing an option.
A fancy way of saying that this game will have routes? :sneaky::coffee:

Dirtyboness

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I plan for it to be more than just routes. There will be hidden stats that influence most of the choices offered to you. Choosing something or opting not to choose something affects these stats. Most everything you do will influence it; the way you speak to the girls, the activities you do, the number of questions you ask, and who you hook up with will all affect the girls opinions toward you in some way as well as more thoroughly define your character. Eventually this will lead to some choices being forced to align with the choices you have made so far. If you have been a super curious person the whole game and haven't shied away from asking questions you shouldn't, then later in the game your character will just ask the question instead of leaving it as an option. The way to balance this and keep your options open is to practice some self control every once in awhile :)

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I plan for it to be more than just routes. There will be hidden stats that influence most of the choices offered to you. Choosing something or opting not to choose something affects these stats. Most everything you do will influence it; the way you speak to the girls, the activities you do, the number of questions you ask, and who you hook up with will all affect the girls opinions toward you in some way as well as more thoroughly define your character. Eventually this will lead to some choices being forced to align with the choices you have made so far. If you have been a super curious person the whole game and haven't shied away from asking questions you shouldn't, then later in the game your character will just ask the question instead of leaving it as an option. The way to balance this and keep your options open is to practice some self control every once in awhile :)
Skynet-powered waifus?
Sign me up. :cool::coffee:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
All that sounds great, but I recommend you go little by little, since it also sounds like a lot of work and not the easy one.

On the other hand, I'm not exactly a fan of locking myself into routes I don't like, though. I don't see more than one ending, so I'd much rather get the ending I want the first time (because there won't be a second chance). I guess I'll wait for a guide that says how to get each ending and choose the one I like the most. Otherwise the game sounds good.

Draver1

Feb 17, 2021
So, is VN Maker the same as RPG Maker, or is the tag wrong? Or, does this site just not differentiate them, but there is a difference?

XcentY

Jul 15, 2017
Just a little comment as this is version 0.1

Maybe check if the font color selection is "user friendly"

Capture.JPG

Reactions: $@~

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Wow...A total of 5 minutes of play. Along with no way to go full screen, or adjust many of the other settings. (Just glad it wasn't a huge download)

Also, I highly suggest dumping the Unity or what ever was used, and go with the Renpy engine. A much better vehicle to display this type of project, as well Renpy is VERY mod / walk through friendly engine. Renpy is highly favored with in the AVN community, due it's simplicity to use and the fact that it uses the least amount of system resources required to run.

I also would suggest enabling the mouse wheel roll back function, which most Dev's using Unity seem to never enable. Good luck though, at the present state of this project I'll pass due to the format used to display content.

Reactions: heehoomann

OmegaLord

Jul 30, 2022
Ok, I'm lost what was trying to be accomplished.
Yeah it's super short with no concept of story or what to expect.
It is honestly a waste of time to play as of 0.1 as the interface is clunky and having white font over a light sky background shows lack of any thought to the player.
Early choice prompts could be easily mistaken for unique story text and be easily clicked without the player knowing they have made a choice.

I have no clue what the dev wants the game to end up being later but as of now the choice not to use renpy is odd.
I would normally consider games like this a proof of concept, but that feels it's giving this too much at this time as nothing SEEN merits this. If it is to test the "hidden stats" it's far too short for players to witness the outcome.

I personally think this should have been held off for a little while longer, it left me feeling like I should avoid this in the future due to the lack of consideration to the players time.

I'm sorry for coming across harsh it just offers very little to find a positive to praise. I do think others have offered good advise based upon what the dev has described.
Edit: spelling

Dirtyboness

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Ok, I'm lost what was trying to be accomplished.
Yeah it's super short with no concept of story or what to expect.
It is honestly a waste of time to play as of 0.1 as the interface is clunky and having white font over a light sky background shows lack of any thought to the player.
Early choice prompts could be easily mistaken for unique story text and be easily clicked without the player knowing they have made a choice.

I have no clue what the dev wants the game to end up being later but as of now the choice not to use renpy is odd.
I would normally consider games like this a proof of concept, but that feels it's giving this too much at this time as nothing SEEN merits this. If it is to test the "hidden stats" it's far too short for players to witness the outcome.

I personally think this should have been held off for a little while longer, it left me feeling like I should avoid this in the future due to the lack of consideration to the players time.

I'm sorry for coming across harsh it just offers very little to find a positive to praise. I do think others have offered good advise based upon what the dev has described.
Edit: spelling
I am sorry you feel this way. This launch was solely intended to display a small amount of my writing style and set up everything for the updates on a weekly schedule. I started with a small amount so that I could get feedback from the start and it is already paying dividends. On my screen the choice text has a black box behind it to make it readable.

I understand if you want to wait until there is more or if you don't come back to it. Thanks for helping me to become a better developer either way :)

Reactions: turkish3

Dirtyboness

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Wow...A total of 5 minutes of play. Along with no way to go full screen, or adjust many of the other settings. (Just glad it wasn't a huge download)

Also, I highly suggest dumping the Unity or what ever was used, and go with the Renpy engine. A much better vehicle to display this type of project, as well Renpy is VERY mod / walk through friendly engine. Renpy is highly favored with in the AVN community, due it's simplicity to use and the fact that it uses the least amount of system resources required to run.

I also would suggest enabling the mouse wheel roll back function, which most Dev's using Unity seem to never enable. Good luck though, at the present state of this project I'll pass due to the format used to display content.
I'm currently not using renpy since I'm not very proficient with coding and "Visual Novel Maker" has drag and drop commands. Since this is my first ever VN I want to focus more on creating it instead of learning how to write python. Though I will look to see if I can enable a rollback function.
Thank you for your feedback and I hope you come back when there is more content. You've already helped me improve :)

Reactions: Balloo
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote