Unreal Engine Abandoned Rise of Asmodeus [v0.0.1] [Lucifer Studios]

4.00 star(s) 6 Votes

banshe

Oct 27, 2017
He posted something on his twitter, but not much. When I feel more confident that this won't just get dropped on the long run then I'll feel more secure about giving support. This is why I said I wish he was more forward with status updates. Don't need to give his game away for free, just need to entice buyers with information.

Thavus

Mar 28, 2018
that's some big ass graphics ..than again why is 5-6 gb if it has only a small map with light effects and 4 goblins..
Outside the cave is a few square kilometers of forest area, though there are no enemies/npcs or quests yet. That's in the paid version though.

Also the goblin enemies are randomly generated. As is the human character.

I have a lot of things I'm excited to add and I'm working on in the background, but adding them takes time. I have already written the code for the 'talent tree' for example, but I need to create the UI for it so the player can actually choose talents. Right now I'm just testing the talent system using some debug variables.

banshe

Oct 27, 2017
Outside the cave is a few square kilometers of forest area, though there are no enemies/npcs or quests yet. That's in the paid version though.

I have a lot of things I'm excited to add and I'm working on in the background, but adding them takes time. I have already written the code for the 'talent tree' for example, but I need to create the UI for it so the player can actually choose talents. Right now I'm just testing the talent system using some debug variables.
Keep us apprised, dude. More exposure to your work will invite more eyes. More paying eyes, too.

Reactions: Redheadmary101
Sep 21, 2020

Could you add more payment methods, such as pay or wechat payment? I live in China and would like to join your user group.

kraoro

Jul 9, 2017
Like the fact that the goblins undress you before starting the H-animations, hate the fact that you're left unarmed afterwards and don't have a reliable way of escaping, so if you're facing more than one enemy at a time and you get knocked down and start the sex animations, it means you're going to get stuck in a neverending loop of animations between enemies.

Gohan007

Aug 4, 2017
Can anyone upload the latest version?
From what I hear there's a login required to play the game, so there's probably no new versions going to be shared here. And greedy dev only releases censored demo build to the public.

Jul 12, 2017
From what I hear there's a login required to play the game, so there's probably no new versions going to be shared here. And greedy dev only releases censored demo build to the public.
I wouldn't call them greedy, it sucks for us yes but this is probably their livelihood and I wouldn't blame them for taking precautionary methods to protect their work. But still it sucks for us.

Gohan007

Aug 4, 2017
I wouldn't call them greedy, it sucks for us yes but this is probably their livelihood and I wouldn't blame them for taking precautionary methods to protect their work. But still it sucks for us.
I'm sort-of okay with the login, but the only reason I can attribute to censoring the demo is greed.

stonegate8

Apr 20, 2020
I'm sort-of okay with the login, but the only reason I can attribute to censoring the demo is greed.
The Discord has 14 people in it. I wouldn't call the censoring or login "greed" because this game simply does not have the support to justify that claim. If this game had hundreds of patrons, I'd wholeheartedly agree. However, that's not the case. I feel like the revenue this game generates barely justifies its existence, or more likely, doesn't whatsoever. Thavus is investing his time and effort into a project that has yet to provide any meaningful return. I'm not a mind reader but I expect the strict oversight might slacken as the project gains more traction.

Zil Nalhir

Dec 23, 2017
The Discord has 14 people in it. I wouldn't call the censoring or login "greed" because this game simply does not have the support to justify that claim. If this game had hundreds of patrons, I'd wholeheartedly agree. However, that's not the case. I feel like the revenue this game generates barely justifies its existence, or more likely, doesn't whatsoever. Thavus is investing his time and effort into a project that has yet to provide any meaningful return. I'm not a mind reader but I expect the strict oversight might slacken as the project gains more traction.
Actually this game had Alot of people who where waiting but tbh the Dev is stupid as f***... we all tried to talk sense into him saying that placing a login and arguing with people who were trying to help him was his biggest downfall. I mean even I tried to talk to him but he was so mindset to keep his work from going to different sites... like dude... one way or another someone will hack your game once its finished and it will be posted and once posted it will be in there forever... doesnt matter what you do... so with that just wait until he finishes the game and someone hacks him... instead of listening to his supporters he kinda said fuck you to everyone. so i mean Karma is a bitch JS LOL

stonegate8

Apr 20, 2020
Actually this game had Alot of people who where waiting but tbh the Dev is stupid as f***... we all tried to talk sense into him saying that placing a login and arguing with people who were trying to help him was his biggest downfall. I mean even I tried to talk to him but he was so mindset to keep his work from going to different sites... like dude... one way or another someone will hack your game once its finished and it will be posted and once posted it will be in there forever... doesnt matter what you do... so with that just wait until he finishes the game and someone hacks him... instead of listening to his supporters he kinda said fuck you to everyone. so i mean Karma is a bitch JS LOL
I don't understand. If you support the game via Subscribestar, your login grants you access. Why would these "supporters" care if they can play the game regardless? Only those who intend to pirate the game would care, seems like. I'm a supporter on Subscribestar and I haven't seen any negative feedback. Nothing in the comments on Subscribestar or in the Discord. Like I said, the game has very few patrons. I have a sinking feeling that these "supporters" you refer to are simply salty pirates angry they can't leech off the fruits of another's labor for free. That labor only exists because of paying supporters. Like I said, I have no doubt that the strict regulating of game access will be lessened when the project increases in popularity. If the product is easily accessible for free, how does the developer raise money to support the project?

FaerDear

Feb 9, 2019
I don't understand. If you support the game via Subscribestar, your login grants you access. Why would these "supporters" care if they can play the game regardless? Only those who intend to pirate the game would care, seems like. I'm a supporter on Subscribestar and I haven't seen any negative feedback. Nothing in the comments on Subscribestar or in the Discord. Like I said, the game has very few patrons. I have a sinking feeling that these "supporters" you refer to are simply salty pirates angry they can't leech off the fruits of another's labor for free. That labor only exists because of paying supporters. Like I said, I have no doubt that the strict regulating of game access will be lessened when the project increases in popularity. If the product is easily accessible for free, how does the developer raise money to support the project?
Pirates aren't salty, some people will buy the game at release, some may consider to support the project if they get some of it to test for free (to see if they are liking it), everyone is kinda mad at Thavus cuz they like the game and they want to see it finished but considering that they can't even play it or give feedback without paying money they feel like they won't see a day this game get released. Also F95zone is one of the best websites to get your project popular pretty quickly, unless you are locking everything behind a paywall.

Reactions: KiGa
4.00 star(s) 6 Votes