Unreal Engine Abandoned Rise of Asmodeus [v0.0.1] [Lucifer Studios]

4.00 star(s) 6 Votes

KTau

Oct 1, 2021
Unless a subscriber of him will leak it there's no hope for us to play it for free.
I have a copy of what I think is the most recent version but the dev put the stupid login DRM on it. Even after paying for it I can't log into it because I didn't stay subscribed, because yes, subscribestar is dogshit.

I'll happily provide a copy to anyone who wants to take a shot at gutting the the login DRM from it.

Zil Nalhir

Dec 23, 2017
LOL. so awhile ago I actually told the creator that it was a bad idea about the login as well as him asking people for money. it shows in the work.. if you do this for money it shows in shitty work... because you don't have your heart in it.. I mean for Cereal I told him he would sink on this and it actually shows... he had a lot of people who wanted to see him make this game but when he announced the log in everyone kind a laughed and now he really has no supporters on this site.. TBH it is people like this who shouldn't be on this site.. this site isn't about making money but about introducing your imagination and creativity I love the whole idea of Goblins or Orcs gangbanging a Female but when you demand money to play it... it takes away all the joy of playing it.. Good or not.. still.. and that is the reason it is failing.. all his support vanished and sooner or later people will look at him like... why are we paying this dude to just play this game.. what is this WoW need to pay each month to play a few hours and get bored... your money is better off to stay in your pocket to force people to realize don't sell your work... share it to people who can appreciated it.. I mean how many people are really appreciating this game right now? 10-20 people... who regret spending money each month on work that only one dude is doing... Like I said dead game.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Wouldn't surprise me, I hope not too many people gave this fail dev money. I think if a dev takes money from people to make a game they should have to Fing finish it or return the money.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Its really too bad when people are ripped off, I would think it would discourage some from donating to another dev in the future. Yes I understand people know they are taking a risk but its one thing if the person truly intends to finish their work and another if the person just craps out because and doesn't care that they ripped people off. There should be a way to protect people.

Zil Nalhir

Dec 23, 2017
Its really too bad when people are ripped off, I would think it would discourage some from donating to another dev in the future. Yes I understand people know they are taking a risk but its one thing if the person truly intends to finish their work and another if the person just craps out because and doesn't care that they ripped people off. There should be a way to protect people.
I 100% agree with this

More or less. There hasn't been an update on the Discord or Twitter page in months. Most of the original supporters like myself ended our pledges because the updates were few and far in between.
I figured I wasn't to far from the money when I said what I said above but it just confirms it for me.

Viktor Black

Developer of The Last Barbarian game
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
It's pitty. Due cases like this, other devs have less support. Maybe we need some kind of "trust metter" on this platform for newborn projects?

Reactions: srg91 and Gegecucu

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
It's pitty. Due cases like this, other devs have less support. Maybe we need some kind of "trust metter" on this platform for newborn projects?
Not a bad idea, could do something like the ratings for games that they have. Could have a rate the devs, only concern I have there is people might say things that aren't true to hurt devs but certainly if someone has an experience with a dev who took money from them and then didn't deliver I think people should know. Obviously a new dev will be hard to rate.

Viktor Black

Developer of The Last Barbarian game
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Not a bad idea, could do something like the ratings for games that they have. Could have a rate the devs, only concern I have there is people might say things that aren't true to hurt devs but certainly if someone has an experience with a dev who took money from them and then didn't deliver I think people should know. Obviously a new dev will be hard to rate.
I mean something like labels for new born project: "proof of concept", "have 1hour of gameplay", "keep reeasing every month/week/day etc" Just to notice the players, you know.

Reactions: srg91

stonegate8

Apr 20, 2020
as far as I am concerned the projected died when the Dev told people he was applying a Login system and only people who pay will get to play. XD who is with me on this?
It is only because of the people who pay for many games that you get to play them for free. The majority of developers do not hand out full copies or updated access to their projects for free. You only get to play them because paying customers share their copies.

Zil Nalhir

Dec 23, 2017
It is only because of the people who pay for many games that you get to play them for free. The majority of developers do not hand out full copies or updated access to their projects for free. You only get to play them because paying customers share their copies.
As true as that is. if you are charging people every month to play the game... not worth it... I would understand creating a Patreon and asking for help but to forcibly charge people every month and don't release a new update several times within that month is it even worth it at that point... I get it trust me alot of Devs need help and alot of people who like there work are willing to help support him... but if you get mad that your work is being posted on other sites then doesn't that mean it will draw in more attention. while yes you will get others claiming the work... that is when you throw in your own website and have it posted telling people to look out for it.. you don't just create a login and charge people by month for the password to log in.... say someone dished out 400$ and didn't pay one month... and he gets lock out of his login is that fair to the guy who help support him?

Reactions: TheUberstuff

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Eight months since last status from the Dev.

Marked as Abandoned for now.

4.00 star(s) 6 Votes