NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
What's the submissive thing going on lately? It was okay with Kyo but for Eveyln and especially Victor it felt like out of nowhere.
Is it related to past choices? If so I usually go with stoic options not submissive ones. :unsure:
Victor has too much charisma and makes everyone silly, Cath will eventually work a resistance.
The truth is that Catherine is not submissive, not fully anyway. But people keept asking for a submissive route, so for Evelyn's I just started from the premisse that she's a closet submissive and rolled with it. Because the routes are mutually exclusive, I found that I can make them more interesting if I give Catherine a quirk or change her personality a little bit for each one.

Oct 10, 2022
Victor has too much charisma and makes everyone silly, Cath will eventually work a resistance.
The truth is that Catherine is not submissive, not fully anyway. But people keept asking for a submissive route, so for Evelyn's I just started from the premisse that she's a closet submissive and rolled with it. Because the routes are mutually exclusive, I found that I can make them more interesting if I give Catherine a quirk or change her personality a little bit for each one.
Oh cool then, I thought I did something wrong. I am okay with giving people what they want but I'd like to have a non submissive option with Eve, or that Eve is the submissive one. After all, she was a slave almost all her life. Is there a possiblity for a twist for her? Like Cathrine breaking her submissive path then make our fangy hottie submissive to herself. :giggle:

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Oh cool then, I thought I did something wrong. I am okay with giving people what they want but I'd like to have a non submissive option with Eve, or that Eve is the submissive one. After all, she was a slave almost all her life. Is there a possiblity for a twist for her? Like Cathrine breaking her submissive path then make our fangy hottie submissive to herself. :giggle:
Sorry, that's not really in the plans. There's plenty of routes where Catherine is dominant, we choose Evelyn's to be the submissive route. I'll probably add a scene at some point where Catherine doms Evelyn for a night, a slave revolt if you will, but it's just going to be some fun before going back to the status quo.

Oct 10, 2022
Sorry, that's not really in the plans. There's plenty of routes where Catherine is dominant, we choose Evelyn's to be the submissive route. I'll probably add a scene at some point where Catherine doms Evelyn for a night, a slave revolt if you will, but it's just going to be some fun before going back to the status quo.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Being honest I don't have a problem with Catherine's meteoric rise, in terms of storytelling I much prefer her heroic feats actually catapulting her into being important rather than the trope of "rookie hero does something incredibly outstanding but then for whatever reason it gets downplayed so we can return to the status quo" that a lot of shonen anime does.

In terms of power levels, I haven't played the more recent patches but unless the game got really silly with it then I don't have much of a problem with it. Yes we do go from fighting a cave of weakling kobolds to duking it out with powerful wizards and eldritch abominations, but I don't feel the struggles ever came from a limit in Catherine's magical powers (which she has always shown great potential for) but rather from a need to be tactical, which I appreciate it being a constant in the writing approach to a mage combatant.

In a sense, Catherine becoming more powerful is less about her becoming "stronger" in raw and absolute terms as much her finding ways to cover up her immediate weaknesses as a mage, be it by tweaking her magic to have more defensive utilities or by finding companions capable of protecting and enabling her in combat. Clever tweaks and making connections are things that are more believable even in a shorter timespan, rather than something that would take decades to make believable improvements.

In terms of presentation, yeah the game could remove some of the stuff that gives a clear "unfinished" feel to it, or also tweak some of the presentation so the move in story from "generic random job ero game" to "ero game with world-renowed heroine" feels more like a deliberate ruse by the developer, rather than an accidental shift during development.

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018
Does anyone know if there's a place the save files are stored for the android version of this?

Also is anyone else using it running into the same issue I am where once the legion mode starts, and you need toclick on thelittle character head icons to start a scene nothing happens. Cause I'm having to tap at them like crazy. Eventually they give me the box to start the scenefrom, but it's a real pain and you never know when it will happen..

Oct 10, 2022
Being honest I don't have a problem with Catherine's meteoric rise, in terms of storytelling I much prefer her heroic feats actually catapulting her into being important rather than the trope of "rookie hero does something incredibly outstanding but then for whatever reason it gets downplayed so we can return to the status quo" that a lot of shonen anime does.
I don't think there is enough rise for her actually. She was low level adventurer who constantly got bullied by one of the most powerful family in Empire. When you think about it, it is crazy scary for her. Dude's son was leading coup against emperor using every single means that his family had and they only could touch the son even then they only did it after he publicly disowned his son. Dude did not even lose his position, no retribution whatsoever for them. Cath started her journey with that. She only could get the nastiest or least paying jobs because of them.
Then they tasked her with an impossible job. Lost ring, noble families, underground crime etc. to simply put a nasty entangled impossible task. Even then she pulled it, revealed much bigger plot. Did not step back and fought against coup, according to Victor was being planned centuries. Lots of powerful people, creature, supernatural stuff and she withstand against all. Captured one of the rebel leader while doing so either saved lots of civilian or made possible to capture entire committee of rebel leaders. The biggest of all, she literally saved emperor's ass by informing Kyo on time. Then pulled another impossible job and killed the creature and stopped the attack on capital. What she get after this? Entirely nothing but some insignificant pocket money which to be paid for her debts and another nasty task. That is it. Also lost the ownership of the tavern. So in a way, she got punished to save Empire and Emperor almost by herself.
Then she went to pulled another impossible task find Kerrek, convince him to do something. At this point she does not have anything given to her but she got huge target mark on her back. Let me remind you by people who convinced, later confirmed that believed they can topple down the Empire which is literally protected by the Gods of the universe. How she survived, with her friends by herself. Nothing given to her. After that, she pulled the impossible task finding Kerrek then another pulled impossible thing which is convincing him while under constant assassination attempts, also fought against an impossible enemy. What is her reward for all of this? Nothing but a suicide mission to the North.
They literally told her, we don't know what is going on there but anyone that goes there disappear. We lost contact even with using magic to entire region. So get a few friends of yours with handful of green soldiers and figure out what is going on there. Oh btw, do not expect any reinforcement because we are gonna use everything we have to solidify our political position in capital and over other families. Good luck. If I did not know better, I would have thought Emperor wants to get rid some common girl to rise power by sending her to her own death. So he can lose a potential political enemy and can use her martyrdom for own his interest. What does Cath do, she pulls yet another impossible task and even bring back a powerful informant. What is her reward this time? A title without any of the benefits and command of a penal battalion. They literally pulled Anakin Skywalker by Jedi Counsel on her. Also I am pretty sure he had to give her the title, so she could lead the battalion. So it was out of necessity not as reward. Then she simply accepts and thanks for it instead of falling to dark side. For the penal battalion, if you have any interest in history you would know they are meant to die and their only purpose stall the enemy advancement. There are IRL examples for that. Like Pompey did against Ceaser. He created a battallion by young and idiot to die against Caesar's war veterans so his troops can come from Spain. So what Emperor gave to Cathrine was punishment not a reward.
All in all, what I think there is no meteoric rise to begin with. They constantly task her to do impossible and when she somehow manages it, they task her with bigger one.

P.S. Sorry for the textwall. :giggle:

Last edited:

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
I don't think there is enough rise for her actually. She was low level adventurer who constantly got bullied by one of the most powerful family in Empire. When you think about it, it is crazy scary for her. Dude's son was leading coup against emperor using every single means that his family had and they only could touch the son even then they only did it after he publicly disowned his son. Dude did not even lose his position, no retribution whatsoever for them. Cath started her journey with that. She only could get the nastiest or least paying jobs because of them.
Then they tasked her with an impossible job. Lost ring, noble families, underground crime etc. to simply put a nasty entangled impossible task. Even then she pulled it, revealed much bigger plot. Did not step back and fought against coup, according to Victor was being planned centuries. Lots of powerful people, creature, supernatural stuff and she withstand against all. Captured one of the rebel leader while doing so either saved lots of civilian or made possible to capture entire committee of rebel leaders. The biggest of all, she literally saved emperor's ass by informing Kyo on time. Then pulled another impossible job and killed the creature and stopped the attack on capital. What she get after this? Entirely nothing but some insignificant pocket money which to be paid for her debts and another nasty task. That is it. Also lost the ownership of the tavern. So in a way, she got punished to save Empire and Emperor almost by herself.
Then she went to pulled another impossible task find Kerrek, convince him to do something. At this point she does not have anything given to her but she got huge target mark on her back. Let me remind you by people who convinced, later confirmed that believed they can topple down the Empire which is literally protected by the Gods of the universe. How she survived, with her friends by herself. Nothing given to her. After that, she pulled the impossible task finding Kerrek then another pulled impossible thing which is convincing him while under constant assassination attempts, also fought against an impossible enemy. What is her reward for all of this? Nothing but a suicide mission to the North.
They literally told her, we don't know what is going on there but anyone that goes there disappear. We lost contact even with using magic to entire region. So get a few friends of yours with handful of green soldiers and figure out what is going on there. Oh btw, do not expect any reinforcement because we are gonna use everything we have to solidify our political position in capital and over other families. Good luck. If I did not know better, I would have thought Emperor wants to get rid some common girl to rise power by sending her to her own death. So he can lose a potential political enemy and can use her martyrdom for own his interest. What does Cath do, she pulls yet another impossible task and even bring back a powerful informant. What is her reward this time? A title without any of the benefits and command of a penal battalion. They literally pulled Anakin Skywalker by Jedi Counsel on her. Also I am pretty sure he had to give her the title, so she could lead the battalion. So it was out of necessity not as reward. They simply accepts and thanks for it instead of falling to dark side. For the penal battalion, if you have any interest in history you would know they are meant to be die and their only purpose stall the enemy advancement. There are IRL examples for that. Like Pompey did against Ceaser. He created a battallion by young and idiot to die against Caesar's war veterans so his troops can come from Spain. So what Emperor gave to Cathrine was punishment not a reward.
All in all, what I think there is no meteoric rise to begin with. They constantly task her to do impossible and when she somehow manages it, they task her with bigger one.

P.S. Sorry for the textwall. :giggle:
starwars-outrageous.gif

To be fair. It's not a penal battalion but an imperial legion. A new imperial legion, mind you, raised from scratch and filled with soldiers that are absolutely loyal to Catherine. That about makes her like... Top 20 most powerful people in the Empire, maybe. Top 50 for sure! Anything else I say is spoilers, so quiet I will stay.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Does anyone know if there's a place the save files are stored for the android version of this?

Also is anyone else using it running into the same issue I am where once the legion mode starts, and you need toclick on thelittle character head icons to start a scene nothing happens. Cause I'm having to tap at them like crazy. Eventually they give me the box to start the scenefrom, but it's a real pain and you never know when it will happen..
I have no idea where the saves stay on android, I imagine default path, wherever that is. The bug, I'm investigating it already.

Oct 10, 2022
View attachment 2765807

To be fair. It's not a penal battalion but an imperial legion. A new imperial legion, mind you, raised from scratch and filled with soldiers that are absolutely loyal to Catherine. That about makes her like... Top 20 most powerful people in the Empire, maybe. Top 50 for sure! Anything else I say is spoilers, so quiet I will stay.
Oh no, I am sure she will turn the tables, I've no doubt about it and even without command as the hero of Batria she made to the top 20 that was why everyone wanted something from her at the ball. What I tried to argue that she had an unfair meteoric rise, she got things she did not deserve. I think she did not even get enough for what she achieved. For the penal battalion comment, although I agree that it is a little bit argumentative, sending a legion consist of almost fully new recruits without giving them enough time to prepare is no short of being penal battalion. They simply send them to their deaths or Cath pulling a miracle out of nowhere like she always do. We even saw that the in the first fight they had, without even reaching their destination they got into ambush and lost their general with lots of troops. If Victor did not do what he had did, whole purpose of legion was over at that point. When she will achieve the miracle and return victorious, it will get real interesting. A commoner who raised to nobility only by her achievements saves the Empire from its doom and Empire is crumbling with corruption, inequality, powerplay of big houses etc. and a weak Emperor on top of it all. I do not know how is the Empire's succession works but implication was there is a sort of an election. I think it lays the road for being Empress to Cathrine.

P.S. I know original post did not have the implication that Cath had it what she had unfairly but I wanted to talk about it. Also discussing the game's plot with Dev feels odd tbh. :giggle:

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Hello, hello! Took longer than usual but 0.10.3 is finally free to play!
-------------------------------------------------------------

v0.10.3 -

This build adds the long-awaited Evelyn romance route, which is also the long-awaited sub-Cath route. We also added a continuation to Catherine's adventures with another legion scene. And speaking of legion, it got a few more reinforcements! And they came from where everyone least expected it.

2 New Scenes

1 New Sex Scene

12k words added.

New Sex Scenes

- Catherine and Evelyn (Lesbian, Bondage, Dom/Sub)

New Scenes

- Journey to the North

- Strange Alliances

New Features

- Auto Text Advance (activate in the preferences menu)

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
How come there are still named characters with no sprite to them. Just ruins the immersion for me.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
How come there are still named characters with no sprite to them. Just ruins the immersion for me.
A character sprite takes a week of work, I recently did a scene where four new minor characters showed up. If we were to make a sprite for each one of them, that would have been an entire month of work. That's not an acceptable delay. So either I limit the story and work only with estabilished characters, or some characters don't have sprites. It is what it is.

That is likely true. I do wish however to see more art outside of sex scenes in the future. Maybe when the main story is finished. :)
Me too! We don't have it because we prioritize art time for the sex cg's. The small images that show up during action sequences were a way I found of having the cake and eating it too. We might add a few once the game is done, but honestly we need another artist. Unfortunately our finances don't allow us to bring another person into the team right now.

4.60 star(s) 64 Votes