NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Sorry about not being that active around here these past weeks. I was feeling burned out and had to take a break from work. I got back to it last week already but ended up taking an extended break from the internet. I look at all the messages I missed and I think everything has been answered already, but if I missed anything please @ me.

I went back to the elenor romance choice (slave route) as per the changelog but after the choice I ended up at the legion camp. I also was able to view lena's romance scene despite not being on the route. Did I go wrong somewhere?
There seems to be a problem going around with the legion camp showing up earlier than it should have been. I honestly have been having a hard time getting this to show in my own saves. Could you send me your save perhaps? It would help me to try and find out what's happening.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
Sorry about not being that active around here these past weeks. I was feeling burned out and had to take a break from work. I got back to it last week already but ended up taking an extended break from the internet. I look at all the messages I missed and I think everything has been answered already, but if I missed anything please @ me.

There seems to be a problem going around with the legion camp showing up earlier than it should have been. I honestly have been having a hard time getting this to show in my own saves. Could you send me your save perhaps? It would help me to try and find out what's happening.
Take your time

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

Devronman

Nov 25, 2018
This is an excellently written game, with amazing UI, good music and lots of fun choices to boot. I legit can't figure out anything bad about it from the time I've been playing it. This is not just a good sex game, it is a good game period.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios
Jan 17, 2021
the only issue i have with this game is definitely a personal one, lol. i pick up games and put them down for a while, which works when they're still in development and have small periodic releases. i'm way behind on this one so i'm gonna wait until it's complete to get into it again.

it really seems like this project's paths are well thought-out. i love the art and the characters. plus it's fucking hot, and there are so many options for different personalities and kinks/fetishes. i'll buy it on itch once it's finished because this is professional work and y'all deserve some $$ (which i don't really have to support on patreon ongoing unfortunately)

docjane112

Apr 28, 2020
This really is a minor quibble considering the overall quality of the game, but I do feel like the story is a bit rushed. It goes from being in crippling debt to national hero quite quickly, such that it feels like it kinda throws away the crippling debt premise. But then again I have no fix for that that wouldn't be throwing in meaningless fluff so it's definitely better than the version in my head that doesn't do that.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Devronman and secrettunel6969 thank you for the love! Made my day. :giggle:

This really is a minor quibble considering the overall quality of the game, but I do feel like the story is a bit rushed. It goes from being in crippling debt to national hero quite quickly, such that it feels like it kinda throws away the crippling debt premise. But then again I have no fix for that that wouldn't be throwing in meaningless fluff so it's definitely better than the version in my head that doesn't do that.
The shifts in narrative came more from us doing things and being like, "wait, that's boring..." and then coming up with something else instead. Though Catherine lives in troubled times and many figures throughout history have seem meteoric rises during times of turmoil. So I feel like the pace is not that unbelivable. If Napoleon can go from being a general to crowning himself Emperor in 5 years, I think is not unreasonable to belive a wizard capable of bending reality like Catherine can get where she got in a short amount of time.

zav_pirat

Jan 14, 2019
Though Catherine lives in troubled times and many figures throughout history have seem meteoric rises during times of turmoil. So I feel like the pace is not that unbelivable.
I thought that the first act just missed some sandbox staff that were already in plans but not in development. There is money(and interest), and concept of different jobs, and potential with some subquests with the adventure guild, all of that doesn't have to affect the main story at all. Like at first, Catherine struggled with Jean, who has bought her debt and aims to be the new emperor. Before the battle for capital, there can be years that can be interesting to fill up with some filler content. I myself am more interested in the great story you provide, but after you finish the main story, the world is your oyster.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
If Napoleon can go from being a general to crowning himself Emperor in 5 years, I think is not unreasonable to belive a wizard capable of bending reality like Catherine can get where she got in a short amount of time.
Even beyond that, it's a pretty common fantasy trope for the main character to start out as a simple farmer or other total lowborn loser, and then after only a couple months or so somehow manage to become a powerful figure who can literally stand as an equal to kings and generals simply by virtue of being the destined Chosen One.

Hell, that's the thing some people pointed out about the original Star Wars films - Luke get sabout 20 minutes worth of training with Obi-Wan and then maybe a week tops with Yoda, and somehow that's enough for him to become a Jedi. And most of the Rebel Alliance seems to treat him as being really important because of it (seemingly emphasizing his Jedi-ness more than the fact that he's the pilot who blew up the first Death Star and part of the crew that rescued Leia from the Empire). But that doesn't make it a bad story unless you're dead-set on nitpicking (and if you are, nearly every story ever written is a bad story).

Reactions: sava75

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
I thought that the first act just missed some sandbox staff that were already in plans but not in development. There is money(and interest), and concept of different jobs, and potential with some subquests with the adventure guild, all of that doesn't have to affect the main story at all. Like at first, Catherine struggled with Jean, who has bought her debt and aims to be the new emperor. Before the battle for capital, there can be years that can be interesting to fill up with some filler content. I myself am more interested in the great story you provide, but after you finish the main story, the world is your oyster.
Yeah, we had a sandbox thing planned but in the end we opted to tell a bigger story rather than just have Catherine work jobs here and there. We're going to be taking a bit of a break from Rise, nothing long a month at most, just to recharge and work on something else. After three years, closing in on four now, we just really want to work on something else for a change. We want to develop a prototype of our next game's combat system. We're still in the planning stage but we do want to get a lot more sandboxery going forward. But not for Rise, with Rise we're probably going to take some of that stuff that looks unfinished off and just focus on polishing the story.

Even beyond that, it's a pretty common fantasy trope for the main character to start out as a simple farmer or other total lowborn loser, and then after only a couple months or so somehow manage to become a powerful figure who can literally stand as an equal to kings and generals simply by virtue of being the destined Chosen One.

Hell, that's the thing some people pointed out about the original Star Wars films - Luke get sabout 20 minutes worth of training with Obi-Wan and then maybe a week tops with Yoda, and somehow that's enough for him to become a Jedi. And most of the Rebel Alliance seems to treat him as being really important because of it (seemingly emphasizing his Jedi-ness more than the fact that he's the pilot who blew up the first Death Star and part of the crew that rescued Leia from the Empire). But that doesn't make it a bad story unless you're dead-set on nitpicking (and if you are, nearly every story ever written is a bad story).
Yeah, I see people complaining about that sometimes. But the truth is that people think they want to see all of that skill development, but there's a reason why training montages are so popular. Showing every last bit of training and skill development would be both boring and exausting. It would just slow the story down. That's not to say you can't do training arcs, Dragon Ball made a career of that, but it's perfectly ok to just let the training happen in the background as well.

zav_pirat

Jan 14, 2019
Yeah, we had a sandbox thing planned but in the end we opted to tell a bigger story rather than just have Catherine work jobs here and there. We're going to be taking a bit of a break from Rise, nothing long a month at most, just to recharge and work on something else. After three years, closing in on four now, we just really want to work on something else for a change. We want to develop a prototype of our next game's combat system. We're still in the planning stage but we do want to get a lot more sandboxery going forward. But not for Rise, with Rise we're probably going to take some of that stuff that looks unfinished off and just focus on polishing the story.
Kinda sad, but understandable. Wish you luck with your new projects, and with finishing this one too!

Oct 10, 2022
What's the submissive thing going on lately? It was okay with Kyo but for Eveyln and especially Victor it felt like out of nowhere.
Is it related to past choices? If so I usually go with stoic options not submissive ones. :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss
4.60 star(s) 64 Votes