NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Will I become grand master if I am still single at the end?
There will be a different ending if Catherine is still single at the end, nothing major, but you'll get some extra flavor.

why the hell am i getting renders that are white and just showing their heads
Ah, this is an issue where some of the compressed files exceed the character limit of the system and don't get extracted. Try bringing the .zip to a folder with a smaller path and extracting there.

Repetition

Jun 18, 2020
Looking through the information I was able to gather by searching I wanted to ask a question on the idea of walkthroughs. First are there any endings other than the slave ending currently? (From what I understand the answer is no, but if there's a few special scenes for 'partial endings' that works too.)

Second would it be possible to make a list of all the major choices throughout the game? Things that majorly change the story. For example, who's romanceable and what the romance sub-routes are. I think I could put the list together if I had enough time, but if you or someone else here does have that list it would be greatly appreciated. It feels like something that someone could use to mark important saves with so they can hit the stories they want to.

Finally, the cheat menu in 10.2 seems to be broken from the download here that a person can unlock all the CG's, Scenes, Outfits and manipulate the amount of money you have. I did not pay for a subscription and thought to let you know so you might be able to patch any content you wish to paywall appropriately.

sashasohot

Oct 10, 2019
I notice that during Catherine's battle with the ork sorcerer if you choose to flee one paragraph appears out of order

Izakiya

Apr 29, 2023
I haven't made it super far yet, but are Eleanor and Kyo fucking when she's doing the training? It's kind of implied with the kissing and all but I'd like to know for sure before I continue her route.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I haven't made it super far yet, but are Eleanor and Kyo fucking when she's doing the training? It's kind of implied with the kissing and all but I'd like to know for sure before I continue her route.
Absolutely not.

Kyo is the personification of class and will always respect the boundaries of the people beneath her.

Izakiya

Apr 29, 2023
Absolutely not.

Kyo is the personification of class and will always respect the boundaries of the people beneath her.
Sure, but Kyo being a giant cunt who takes advantage of her students is a different beast than Eleanor being a willing participant. That's why I'm asking, so I can set my expectations.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Looking through the information I was able to gather by searching I wanted to ask a question on the idea of walkthroughs. First are there any endings other than the slave ending currently? (From what I understand the answer is no, but if there's a few special scenes for 'partial endings' that works too.)

Second would it be possible to make a list of all the major choices throughout the game? Things that majorly change the story. For example, who's romanceable and what the romance sub-routes are. I think I could put the list together if I had enough time, but if you or someone else here does have that list it would be greatly appreciated. It feels like something that someone could use to mark important saves with so they can hit the stories they want to.

Finally, the cheat menu in 10.2 seems to be broken from the download here that a person can unlock all the CG's, Scenes, Outfits and manipulate the amount of money you have. I did not pay for a subscription and thought to let you know so you might be able to patch any content you wish to paywall appropriately.
I considered making the cheat menu a paywall thing, but I thought it was too scummy and didn't.

Hm. As for the walkthrough... There's no option that is particularly important and heavily affects the story. At least none that come to mind. They will for sure alter how things play out with many scenes playing out different. The type of legion choice for example changes many scenes and has a lot of impact. But there are no, if you pick this option you die, I always found those quite arbitrary and boring. More of a waste of the player's time than anything else. As for the romances, I'll sit down sometime soon and write down all the romance routes that we have and the ones that are in the works and also add tags so that you might know what to expect for each of them.

I notice that during Catherine's battle with the ork sorcerer if you choose to flee one paragraph appears out of order
Oh? Thanks for reporting it, I'll see what's going on there.

It is unclear. I never officially stated that it happened and never even insinuated it, at least I'm 99% sure I didn't, so what happened between then offscreen is up to your headcanon.

Izakiya

Apr 29, 2023
It is unclear. I never officially stated that it happened and never even insinuated it, at least I'm 99% sure I didn't, so what happened between then offscreen is up to your headcanon.
Thanks for replying. I might've been reading too much into it since I was already annoyed by the kidnapping plot. I'd still like to give the game a fair chance, so I'll keep going.

Repetition

Jun 18, 2020
Hm. As for the walkthrough... There's no option that is particularly important and heavily affects the story. At least none that come to mind. They will for sure alter how things play out with many scenes playing out different. The type of legion choice for example changes many scenes and has a lot of impact. But there are no, if you pick this option you die, I always found those quite arbitrary and boring. More of a waste of the player's time than anything else. As for the romances, I'll sit down sometime soon and write down all the romance routes that we have and the ones that are in the works and also add tags so that you might know what to expect for each of them.
I had thought that the only bad end was the obvious "have less than x gold on y day' which you are warned about. Thank you greatly for being willing to put together the Romance path info. I know I prefer to play a switch Cathrine where most of the routes seem to be dom, sub or equal partners. (They are plenty sexy as is, but to know if one fit my desire would make it easier to seek out.)

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
I had thought that the only bad end was the obvious "have less than x gold on y day' which you are warned about. Thank you greatly for being willing to put together the Romance path info. I know I prefer to play a switch Cathrine where most of the routes seem to be dom, sub or equal partners. (They are plenty sexy as is, but to know if one fit my desire would make it easier to seek out.)
Here are the tags. Now, some of these have very simple tags and that's not to mean that there are not different types of things that happen in those scenes, but I tried to capture the main theme of each route and those that don't really have one have very few tags. Also, all of the romance routes have scenes already, the difference between Not-Implemented and Implemented is merely the option of formalizing the romance route.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Lanceire

Mar 24, 2023
With Unity doing it's thing, how soon can we expect the abandoned tag to start popping up?
Most games here probably don't have big enough playerbase to get any negative actions from Unity owners so I doubt that games like this in any danger.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
With Unity doing it's thing, how soon can we expect the abandoned tag to start popping up?
Nothing to worry from us. The game is getting finished no matter what. Plus we don't sell it, so right now we have nothing to worry about. Once the game is done we'll look into it, if unity new system sucks we'll just release the game for free and move on to another engine for the next game.

wikshdyt

Jun 22, 2020
Nothing to worry from us. The game is getting finished no matter what. Plus we don't sell it, so right now we have nothing to worry about. Once the game is done we'll look into it, if unity new system sucks we'll just release the game for free and move on to another engine for the next game.
Good luck with all that mess. I really like this game & would hate if something unfortunate were to happen to it. Though seemingly that's not the case right now, luckily!

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
So. Little update on the whole Unity thing now that I have had the time to look into it properly. From what I understand, we're only going to be charged by download once we make $200,000 in revenue. I think that's a very unrealistic amount of money for us to ever make, and if we do hit it, I'll be way too happy to care.
Thanks to all the wonderful people who support us on Patreon, Rise of the White Flower has actually been paying for itself for a good while now. So any money we make from sales will be straight-up profit, which we want to use in order to finally expand our team and increase the quality of our next game.
I do think they are actually going to walk this change back after getting so much backlash and bad publicity, but at the same time, this is just another in a long list of bad decisions from Unity. I am very alarmed that the CEO sold his shares before this news became public. I find it difficult to justify committing myself to another long-ass project while knowing that Unity might pull the rug from under us at any point. Becase of that, I have already started learning Unreal engine. I'm not sure yet if we're going to make the switch, but I want to be prepared, just in case.

But all that being said, Rise is getting finished no matter what, so you don’t need to worry about us abandoning the game.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I am very alarmed that the CEO sold his shares before this news became public.
Minor point, because I see this line repeated everywhere: it's not necessarily as bad as it seems. The CEO didn't just wake up and go "I'm gonna trash the company, better sell my shares!" He has to follow SEC Rule 10b5, which means that he has to notify the SEC of his plan to sell shares well in advance, and he has to lay out an exact plan for the selling of said shares over a period of time. In this case, he's been selling 2,000 shares a week for the last 25 weeks. That's 50,000 total shares, out of the 3,211,394 he owns. Sure, this could be some sort of weird long term plan he came up with a year ago, but even then he's sold less than a tenth of a percent of his total shares, so it seems kind of odd for him to intentionally tank the value of the other 99.9%

That said, this isn't me defending Unity at all, I just don't like seeing people automatically attribute malice to something that probably isn't malicious. Unity hasn't turned a profit in a while and they're clearly getting desperate, so it's not exactly surprising that the CEO might be selling off as much as he can.

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios
Jun 17, 2023
So. Little update on the whole Unity thing now that I have had the time to look into it properly. From what I understand, we're only going to be charged by download once we make $200,000 in revenue. I think that's a very unrealistic amount of money for us to ever make, and if we do hit it, I'll be way too happy to care.
Thanks to all the wonderful people who support us on Patreon, Rise of the White Flower has actually been paying for itself for a good while now. So any money we make from sales will be straight-up profit, which we want to use in order to finally expand our team and increase the quality of our next game.
I do think they are actually going to walk this change back after getting so much backlash and bad publicity, but at the same time, this is just another in a long list of bad decisions from Unity. I am very alarmed that the CEO sold his shares before this news became public. I find it difficult to justify committing myself to another long-ass project while knowing that Unity might pull the rug from under us at any point. Becase of that, I have already started learning Unreal engine. I'm not sure yet if we're going to make the switch, but I want to be prepared, just in case.

But all that being said, Rise is getting finished no matter what, so you don’t need to worry about us abandoning the game.
Imagine looking at the whole Open Game License controversy Dungeons and Dragons went through at the beginning of the year and saying "Hey, you know what my company needs right now? THAT!" :ROFLMAO:

maul467

Apr 19, 2019
Here are the tags. Now, some of these have very simple tags and that's not to mean that there are not different types of things that happen in those scenes, but I tried to capture the main theme of each route and those that don't really have one have very few tags. Also, all of the romance routes have scenes already, the difference between Not-Implemented and Implemented is merely the option of formalizing the romance route.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Will there be any plans to have Elanor (slave) be an additional partner with another romance? Seems like the sort of thing that Yda, Victor, Lena or even Marius would be alright with.

4.60 star(s) 64 Votes