RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
So. Little update on the whole Unity thing now that I have had the time to look into it properly. From what I understand, we're only going to be charged by download once we make $200,000 in revenue. I think that's a very unrealistic amount of money for us to ever make, and if we do hit it, I'll be way too happy to care.
Thanks to all the wonderful people who support us on Patreon, Rise of the White Flower has actually been paying for itself for a good while now. So any money we make from sales will be straight-up profit, which we want to use in order to finally expand our team and increase the quality of our next game.
I do think they are actually going to walk this change back after getting so much backlash and bad publicity, but at the same time, this is just another in a long list of bad decisions from Unity. I am very alarmed that the CEO sold his shares before this news became public. I find it difficult to justify committing myself to another long-ass project while knowing that Unity might pull the rug from under us at any point. Becase of that, I have already started learning Unreal engine. I'm not sure yet if we're going to make the switch, but I want to be prepared, just in case.

But all that being said, Rise is getting finished no matter what, so you don’t need to worry about us abandoning the game.
Thanks for the info NecroBunny.

That ceo is a scumbag.

Blaq Mask

Jun 25, 2019
I don't think the unity thing is going to ever be implemented, and even if it is, it'll only apply to new versions, so nobody will update theirs so they won't have to pay. Regardless, they've pretty much killed their business and everybody is running to unreal or godot for new projects. Sucks to suck lol

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

YuriFan!

May 30, 2022
Hi. From dev notes -

We're happy to present the first chapter of our game! So far, it contains around 80k words, 29 CG's, 9 backgrounds, and 6 characters with probably too many facial expressions!

Its outdated info right? What is curent status?

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Hi. From dev notes -

We're happy to present the first chapter of our game! So far, it contains around 80k words, 29 CG's, 9 backgrounds, and 6 characters with probably too many facial expressions!

Its outdated info right? What is curent status?
Very outdated! Uhh... I have no idea how many CG's there are right now, 100's for sure. But the word count is at 800k.

Mar 31, 2020
I can't get the last chapter 10 quest(Legio Valantia) to trigger on my second playthrough. I'm pretty sure it's because I need to complete all chapter 10 quests before it, and I can't access Kyo's quest because I've refused to forgive her on this playthrough.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
I can't get the last chapter 10 quest(Legio Valantia) to trigger on my second playthrough. I'm pretty sure it's because I need to complete all chapter 10 quests before it, and I can't access Kyo's quest because I've refused to forgive her on this playthrough.
sono-bisque-doll-wa-koi-wo-suru-anime.gif
Oooooh, fuuuuck!

You're right. That's a huge miss by me. I've got it fixed already but I need to figure out how I'm going to roll out the fix.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Hey Necro out of curiosity, with unity being utter scumbags in the last few weeks do you two plan on changing engines for your next game? :unsure:
Sorry if you already answered that on some dev post, i haven't been checking patreon lately.

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

AliceGameSlut

Apr 17, 2017
I really hope a full Polyam route (cat being a bit of a slut but also having clearly loving romance with a bunch of characters) becomes a thing, I like a few of the characters a lot but I'm a hopeless poly lesbian and games are a lot more enjoyable when I get to play a bit of that, as it is right now none of the romances feel right because Catherine clearly loves more than one person but every romance choice forces her to only be with one.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Hey Necro out of curiosity, with unity being utter scumbags in the last few weeks do you two plan on changing engines for your next game? :unsure:
Sorry if you already answered that on some dev post, i haven't been checking patreon lately.
We're thinking on it. Feels kinda bad leaving unity I'm not gonna lie, I've worked with this engine for almost a decade now. But it seems that it's days are numbered. I'm studying Unreal at the moment, perhaps we'll use that for our next game.

I really hope a full Polyam route (cat being a bit of a slut but also having clearly loving romance with a bunch of characters) becomes a thing, I like a few of the characters a lot but I'm a hopeless poly lesbian and games are a lot more enjoyable when I get to play a bit of that, as it is right now none of the romances feel right because Catherine clearly loves more than one person but every romance choice forces her to only be with one.
Not all routes force Catherine to be with only one person. Lena for example is very ok with Catheirne sleeping around.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
I got a few critical bugs that were preventing the story from progressing for some people fixed (on top of fixing a bunch of typos!)
If you were having trouble, you can get the fixed builds .

4.60 star(s) 64 Votes