NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Need some help with this please? Tried running as admin.
Hmm, I'm not too sure then. What system are you running on? If we suppose that the saves are working correctly, the only other thing I can think of that might go wrong is loading the music, so maybe some files got corrupted or are not accessible for some reason? I'll need some more information as running as administrator has worked for everyone else that had this problem.

Reactions: Aredelya

篠原

Jul 9, 2018
Hmm, I'm not too sure then. What system are you running on? If we suppose that the saves are working correctly, the only other thing I can think of that might go wrong is loading the music, so maybe some files got corrupted or are not accessible for some reason? I'll need some more information as running as administrator has worked for everyone else that had this problem.
I'm using a Lenovo i300 running Windows 10 Pro with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz、2400 Mhz.

Lanyan

Oct 4, 2017
Hi,
I have a problem with tavern scene. While the scene plays correctly the pictures of the scene isnt shown. When I open up a cg gallery the preview of these pictures is there but after clicking on them to view the gallery there is just a blank screen. I think that these pictures are just missing from my game or arent loaded correctly. Already tried restarting or redownloading the game.

Meles

Jun 19, 2017
All these discussion on Kyo's role make me think of this as a sort of Whiplash situation, with Kyo as Terence Fletcher (Now I want to see JK Simmons in Kyos outfit).

As far as I see it, she wants to leave legacy behind her, and sees Catherine as a suitable replacement for her, who probably mirrors her own path in the past: a commoner who carved her way to the top with her own wits and talents. I assume she genuinely cares for Cath, but (maybe because of her own training?) considers manipulation and abuse the best way to "mold" her into her new version. Maybe because she wants her to grow up in a harsh environment, but also controlled one, where everything she endures is calculated to harden, but not to kill or break completely, so she can get used to it and succeed in real world. Maybe she wants to build herself as a villain in Cath's eyes, manipulating her to succeed in spite of her teacher. Maybe she is a psychopath who cares about Cath as her legacy, but doesn't care about what her psyche will be at the end of this. We only see the beginning of the story.

I also see training Eleanor as a sort of "gift" to Cath, giving her someone powerful who she can rely on. Also, I personally see that when Cath pleases Kyo, she shows much more care and affection for her, gladly sharing her knowledge and insight, but this might be misleading.

The question is, when Cath inevitably gets to the top, what person she would become?

RoadGork

Dec 16, 2017
All these discussion on Kyo's role make me think of this as a sort of Whiplash situation, with Kyo as Terence Fletcher (Now I want to see JK Simmons in Kyos outfit).

As far as I see it, she wants to leave legacy behind her, and sees Catherine as a suitable replacement for her, who probably mirrors her own path in the past: a commoner who carved her way to the top with her own wits and talents. I assume she genuinely cares for Cath, but (maybe because of her own training?) considers manipulation and abuse the best way to "mold" her into her new version. Maybe because she wants her to grow up in a harsh environment, but also controlled one, where everything she endures is calculated to harden, but not to kill or break completely, so she can get used to it and succeed in real world. Maybe she wants to build herself as a villain in Cath's eyes, manipulating her to succeed in spite of her teacher. Maybe she is a psychopath who cares about Cath as her legacy, but doesn't care about what her psyche will be at the end of this. We only see the beginning of the story.

I also see training Eleanor as a sort of "gift" to Cath, giving her someone powerful who she can rely on. Also, I personally see that when Cath pleases Kyo, she shows much more care and affection for her, gladly sharing her knowledge and insight, but this might be misleading.

The question is, when Cath inevitably gets to the top, what person she would become?
Someone who bangs the princess and becomes the Empress with sexy harem i hope xD.

Last edited:

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Hi,
I have a problem with tavern scene. While the scene plays correctly the pictures of the scene isnt shown. When I open up a cg gallery the preview of these pictures is there but after clicking on them to view the gallery there is just a blank screen. I think that these pictures are just missing from my game or arent loaded correctly. Already tried restarting or redownloading the game.
A few people seem to have had similar problems with the assets, I apologize. I am using a new system to load the files and I am still trying to figure out why this is happening to some people. You could try the solution Detesteorare suggested, it seems to have worked for him and to other people.

Was having the same problem as this fellow
https://f95zone.to/threads/rise-of-the-white-flower-ch-2-0-necrobunnystudios.48770/post-3599917
https://f95zone.to/threads/rise-of-the-white-flower-ch-2-0-necrobunnystudios.48770/post-3600498
where only the hair would show and the rest would be completely white.
View attachment 682728
If anyone else has this problem I fixed it by moving the folder from a lengthy file hierarchy to a location with a smaller file hierarchy or basically just shortening how long the hierarchy was.

Ex. C:\Users\name\Downloads\examplelongname\toomanyletters\Rise of the White Flower [Ch. 2.0] [NecroBunnyStudios]
into C:\Users\name\Downloads\Rise of the White Flower)

Not exactly versed on the technical aspect but my hypothesis is that the assets (except for hair) all have long names so if a character limit is reached in accessing them then they won't load.

Reactions: Lanyan and Aredelya

Lanyan

Oct 4, 2017
A few people seem to have had similar problems with the assets, I apologize. I am using a new system to load the files and I am still trying to figure out why this is happening to some people. You could try the solution Detesteorare suggested, it seems to have worked for him and to other people.
Thanks,
that helped. It is interesting that something like this influences functionality of the game :D. Keep up the good work, love the game so far.

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

Niech

Aug 5, 2019
I'm using a Lenovo i300 running Windows 10 Pro with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz、2400 Mhz.
I found a fix for this problem. Go to your "AppData/LocalLow" folder and find the "Necro Bunny Studios" directory. Move it somewhere else and launch the game. It will recreate this directory. Now merge your old directory with the new one and ignore the redundant files when the explorer asks you about it. This should work and allow you to keep your saves.

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

awqsrem man

Apr 6, 2018
I can attest, that reducing file length helps with it,
this is a filesystem thing on windows, if i remember correctly, you cant have more than 128 characters in the directory name(an old old thing from windows 95 and older systems)
funnily enough,using WINE on linux you can have a longer name.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
I found a fix for this problem. Go to your "AppData/LocalLow" folder and find the "Necro Bunny Studios" directory. Move it somewhere else and launch the game. It will recreate this directory. Now merge your old directory with the new one and ignore the redundant files when the explorer asks you about it. This should work and allow you to keep your saves.
Thank you for looking into it and sharing your fix!

I can attest, that reducing file length helps with it,
this is a filesystem thing on windows, if i remember correctly, you cant have more than 128 characters in the directory name(an old old thing from windows 95 and older systems)
funnily enough,using WINE on linux you can have a longer name.
Interesting, I'll try to keep files shorter when we release the next chapter. Thanks for sharing this!

Mar 13, 2019
Or Kyo only fixes what she breaks herself, it would somewhat fit her personality. Still could be a nice gift to the warrior (even though Kyo would probably use her tongue to do the healing) ... unless of course there is a story attached to those scars and Eleanor carries them as a memento.
Anyway, it does seem rather odd some fantasy settings have powerful healing magic, but even people who should have access to such magic have scars, disabilities etc.

4.60 star(s) 64 Votes